(shouting)

Mafia day 2

...or in other words: post-whoring
Ignoritus
O◡O
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mafia day 2

Post by Ignoritus »

So evidently RedMage or 8flight has to be mafia due to the contradictory claims. I must say, I'm a bit skeptical of RedMage since she chose not to claim earlier despite the fact that a bad lynch (or no lynch) today would cost us the game. It seems a bit like a self defense claim in order to get the one lynch the mafia needs in order to win. Still, given that a bad lynch will lose us the game I'd like to hear her reasoning before I vote one way or the other.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

I was at a con all weekend so I didn't really get much time to think out until Monday. I just made an initial post to get things rolling since nothing had been said yet. I didn't check to see how close we are to the end game. But, the only info I have is that Sorel is a townie which isn't super useful unless he was being accused.
Tain
Please no touching the flair

Post by Tain »

Day 3 has ended, RMS was lynched
  • 2 Mafia Goons
  • 3 Vanilla Townies
  • 1 Sane Cop
  • 1 Bodyguard
Sorel
RedMageSusie Townie
Willhart Townie
En Gardevoir Townie
8flight
Sturg
Ignoritus

and unless I am mistaken, that is game.
Maf kills tonight leaving 2 maf and 1 townie,
2 maf vote townie tomorrow.

I dont want to reveal incase I am making a terrible mistake and the game isn't over yet.

I'd like to use this thread for feedback/suggestions for future games, I plan to update the original signup thread when/if we decide on a new game.

Obviously the thread-per-day was a bad idea. And I'm feeling this game should have revealed role along with alignment, especially with a Bodyguard over doc.
Last edited by Tain 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I come in and shoot everybody in the face. I'm neither town or mafia. I'm lone wolf killer. I take all the money from the town bank and from the mafia's stash. Then I ride away on my horse with dollar-sign bags in tow, twisting my mustache, laughing maniacally, to pillage my next town.

Game over.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

jokes on you I wanted to die
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

I find RedMageSusie's report to be more trustworthy.

But before I vote, in the kill feed, does the bodyguard count as townie, or would you reveal it as bodyguard?
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

At first I felt like RedMage's was more trustworthy, but then I realized it was pretty much entirely just because it was more nicely written and 8flight's seemed kinda apathetic. In terms of actual merit, I feel like 8flight has more of a leg to stand on. Maybe RedMage was a bit distracted, but she still chose to not do anything with the only info we have to work off of. To the contrary, a fake cop call from Mafia today before even seeing how the lynch vote was going to go would be a mega risky play. By simply waiting they could have just seen if we lynched a Townie by random choice, since voting No Lynch would be a free win for them. Of course, if they knew they were going to get lynched anyways it made perfect sense to counterclaim and create a stall situation. Because of that, I'm really super suspicious here. I can't see a legitimate motive for 8flight-as-mafia cop claiming today besides misplay, but I can see a very good reason RedMage-as-mafia would.

Similarly though, I'd like to confirm the killfeed thing before voting though.
Tain

Post by Tain »

Bodyguard and Sane Cop are townie aligned, they would be revealed as townie aligned not as their respective roles.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Well, looks like we gotta come to a conclusion.

Let's see if this gamble pays off.

Code: Select all

lynch 8flight
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Tain

Post by Tain »

Tain wrote: 6 years ago RedMageSusie & Soriel have voted:

Lynch 8flight
8flighthas & Ignoritus have voted:

Lynch RedMageSusie
Sturg is the only one without a vote
  • 2 Mafia Goons
  • 3 Vanilla Townies
  • 1 Sane Cop
  • 1 Bodyguard
Sorel
RedMageSusie
Willhart Townie
En Gardevoir Townie
8flight
Sturg
Ignoritus
Last edited by Tain 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

I suppose I have to gamble too. However, I'd prefer to work off of the evidence we have. For the reasons I listed above, I have to vote

Lynch RedMageSusie
However, if we do successfully lynch the mafioso, I think it's imperative that the real cop investigate the veracity of these 'gambles' tonight. That is, if RedMage turns out to be mafia Sorel should be investigated in case he is her partner. Similarly, if 8flight does turn out to be the mafia I would like to be investigated tonight to prove that I am acting in good faith. If we still have our bodyguard, they should obviously protect the real cop tonight.
🦆 RedMageSusie

Post by RedMageSusie »

Um, you do realize you can't be investigated if 8flight is mafia (which I 100% believe he is since that's the only reason he would claim to be mafia) because you're voting to lynch the cop, right?

I couldn't tell if 8flight confirmed Sturg
because Sturg is also mafia or because Sturg is innocent and he wants to convince Sturg to vote his way. I reeeeeeally hope it's the second option or we're basically screwed.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

RedMageSusie wrote: 6 years ago Um, you do realize you can't be investigated if 8flight is mafia (which I 100% believe he is since that's the only reason he would claim to be mafia) because you're voting to lynch the cop, right?

I couldn't tell if 8flight confirmed Sturg
because Sturg is also mafia or because Sturg is innocent and he wants to convince Sturg to vote his way. I reeeeeeally hope it's the second option or we're basically screwed.
If you're not mafia we lose anyways if we lynch you. I stated "if we do successfully lynch the mafioso". ie, the cop is still alive.
Tain

Post by Tain »

in ~24 hours I will be ending the current day, in the event of a tie on votes the lynch will be randomly chosen.
Sturg wrote:
pinging Sturg to give him an opportunity to vote/abstain before the day ends without him.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

I've noticed that there aren't any roles that can identify another person's role, and I thought it strange that the other investigation aside from me just so happened to be the "other cop."

I feel that if 8flight was Mafia pretending to be cop, he'd try and put blame on the one he knows is the cop, except there isn't any way for him to know that information.

If selecting RedMageSusie was a complete guess, then congrats to him I guess, but at this point I feel the need to vote:

lynch RedMageSusie
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
🦆 RedMageSusie

Post by RedMageSusie »

Welp. RIP town
Tain

Post by Tain »

Day 3 has ended, RMS was lynched
  • 2 Mafia Goons
  • 3 Vanilla Townies
  • 1 Sane Cop
  • 1 Bodyguard
Sorel
RedMageSusie Townie
Willhart Townie
En Gardevoir Townie
8flight
Sturg
Ignoritus

and unless I am mistaken, that is game.
Maf kills tonight leaving 2 maf and 1 townie,
2 maf vote townie tomorrow.

I dont want to reveal incase I am making a terrible mistake and the game isn't over yet.

I'd like to use this thread for feedback/suggestions for future games, I plan to update the original signup thread when/if we decide on a new game.

Obviously the thread-per-day was a bad idea. And I'm feeling this game should have revealed role along with alignment, especially with a Bodyguard over doc.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

I feel like these games would feel more involved if there were more people who signed up. I know that always can't happen, but I feel that more discussion can happen on the 1st two day/in general if there were more peeps being thrown about.

ALSO I feel like there should be a rule that prohibits NLing and forces the town to lynch somebody just to spice things up and so that games don't have this silly downtime for the first two days where town waits for cop reports but that's just me

anyways gg
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
🦆 RedMageSusie

Post by RedMageSusie »

I'm with Sturg here, but I dunno if we can ban NLing unless more people sign up. It'd be nice if we could get the games as large as we used to.
Tain

Post by Tain »

Yea, I would like more people also. The question is how long to wait for more people to show up.

I will think of some ideas to push discussion. I am generally not a fan of forcing lynches but I will ask for feedback before next game about this.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Assuming Susie was real cop, then no, I see no problems. Will we be getting a post game thread?
Tain

Post by Tain »

I figure we can just talk post game here, and I've edited the old signup thread to be ''open'' for next game.

RMS was cop, Willhart was bodyguard, 8flight and Ignoritus were the maf.

discuss away! discussion about future/next game I'd like to be in the signup thread, so that new players can find it without needing to look for old games.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Sturg, 8 flight didn't "guess" cop on RMS. She was the only one who hadn't responded to my request for the cop to reveal themselves. I asked him to target her deliberately so that if she did turn out to be cop it would appear to be a self-defense claim.
Sturg

Post by Sturg »

Ah ok.

I did find it real suspicious that Ignoritus was the only person who hadn't made a claim as to who they were, but I didn't really act on it as I didn't know if it was him or Sorel that was lying.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER