There is a ton of variety and options to this game, but for starters things will be fairly simple. The thread will act as 'town' and all day discussion will just be posts on here. Night discussion is done via PM, either the mafia PMing each other to talk, or them PMing me to say who to lynch.
This thread will just be for out of game chat and people requesting to join. I'd like at least 7 players but 11 is ideal, of course more is fine also.
Let me know if you are interested in playing, and put questions/discussion in this thread.
I'll be basing the rules heavily on https://wiki.mafiascum.net/ a lot of the wiki is for much more advanced play, but it might be interesting to poke around.
- Don't discuss the game outside of the game until the moderator says it's over.
- Don't quote or misquote private communications from the moderator.
- Don't use tiny/hidden/unreadable text, or anything that could be easily confused for such.
- Try to keep the game active, and be active in discussion. Going several days without posting is not allowed.
- If you are going to be gone for an extended period, make a clear Vacancy statement with specifically when you will be gone and when you will return
Voting, abilities, and deadlines
- Days begin with a deadline of 14 days.
- Days end when one of the following events occurs:
- The deadline is reached.
- A lynch (or no-lynch) is achieved.
- A town-aligned player is modkilled.
- Votes should be made via the code tag: "[code]Vote: <playername>[/code]". Full player names or initial segments thereof are preferred.
- When more than half of living players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched and the day will end. Votes are irreversible once a majority is achieved.
- You may vote not to lynch by voting for "No lynch". When half or more of living players do so, the day will end without a lynch.
- If the day reaches deadline without a majority, there will be no lynch.
- If the day reaches deadline with no votes, there will be no lynch
- I will interpret malformed votes according to my own discretion.
- When a majority vote has been achieved but not yet recognized by the moderator, the game is in twilight. Players, including the lynchee, may continue to post during this period.
- Nights will last 48 hours or until all living players PM me their approval to end the night early.
- During the night, do not post in the thread.
- Mafia may PM among themselves, or use some other form of private chat (honor system).
- Ideally we would have a hidden thread for this, but gotta make due.
- If everyone is fine with discord, I have a server that could be used.
- Town night abilities should be submitted via PM.
- group abilities (mafia) should be submitted by everyone in the group, or have everyone in the group agree to have a single person handle PMing me.
- Use of active night abilities is optional; if no action is submitted, no action will occur.
- If you know you won't be using an activity, PM stating you want to end the night early.