(shouting)

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 6 - Twice in Six Episodes!

...or in other words: post-whoring
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 6 - Yep.

Post by YelseyKing »

All right, then. Bean, spin that wheel!
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Whoops. Did not see it was my turn. I'll go with 12!
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Wait a minute... this is looking good... this is looking very good...!

A dollar! Right on the nose! That means you win...

Yowza! And given that the thread title is Bean's catchphrase... well, no one's going to believe it, but this absolutely was not rigged. It just happened. Believe me. I'm shocked, myself. :o

Anyway, thanks for playing, Susie, and enjoy your trip. Now, bbbrrr_it_cold, you have it tough. There's no beating a dollar, but you can tie it! Give that wheel a spin!

Calculations: 8 came up. 12+8=20, x5=ONE DOLLAR, BOB!

Moists:

bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Welp, I rolled my d20 and got 11, so that's what we're going with.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

40 cents. Spin again!

Calculations: 17 came up. 11+17=28, -20=8, x5=40.

Moists:

bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Rolled again, 7 this time.
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

*mrrrrp*

90 cents is 30 cents too much. Well, sorry the wheel didn't go your way, but hey, you won a car, so that's pretty great!

Anyway, that means Bean is in the Showcase... but first, you have a bonus spin! If you hit one of the green spaces (5 or 15), you get $10,000. If you hit $1.00 again, however... hey, that's $25,000! Anything else wins you bupkis.

Now, spin that wheel!

Calculations: 11 came up. 7+11=18, x5=90, +40=OVER.

I have no idea why this update took so long.

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Let's go with 2 this time.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

A lousy dime. That'd be helpful in Binding of Isaac, but no go here. So. No more cash, but hey, you're in the Showcase!

We'll be right back as soon as I... think up the Showcase prizes! Hooray!

Calculations: 20 came up. Which, for these things may as well be 0. So, 2x5=10. Dime!

Moists:

YelseyKing

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 6 - Case of Show

Post by YelseyKing »

Ehem.

We're back, with today's Showcases! Which, my being a stupid, I thought I already did, and only *just* realized that no, idiot, you did not.

So yeah. Our big winner today is Bean! And our runner up is dr_vblschrf!

As you know, two Showcases full of prizes will be shown. You'll each bid on one. The one who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over wins their Showcase. If they're within $1,000, however, they win *both* Showcases.

Now, since he's the big winner, Bean gets first dibs on the first Showcase. He can keep it and bid, or pass it to the (maybe) fox, and take his chances with the second one. Anyway. On with the Showcase!

Image Ayjo: Our first Showcase starts with... luggage! This five piece set of luggage ranging from small to "how the hell am I going to carry this?", from Kings of the Road is stylish and functional, in a lovely shade of blue. My favorite color!

Image Ayjo: And you'll make good use of this luggage as we send you on a tour of the only four cities on the planet, if fiction is to be believed, starting with New York City! You'll fly from... wherever to the Big Apple, where you'll stay for four nights and five days at the luxurious Walled-off Hysteria hotel. Trust us, it's much better than its name suggests. So you too will be able to wake up in the city that never sleeps! We're also nice, and are *not* throwing in free tickets to a Yankees game! You'll thank us later.

Image Ayjo: Next up, you'll visit historic London! From New York, you'll fly to London, where four more nights and five more days will be spent at the Clockview Hotel, which as its name suggests, gives you a great view of Big Ben! A day trip through Buckingham Palace is included, because God Save the Queen and all that! We've also provided daily afternoon tea, because come *on*, it's London!

Image Ayjo: Your next stop is beautiful Paris! Where we've got you lodging at... *blinks* ...are you kidding me? The "Paris Hilton"? Oh, come *on*. Yeah, it's a hotel from the Hilton chain. In Paris. No relation to that airhead of the same name. Ehem. Four nights, five days, as usual. France! It's very... French.

Image Ayjo: And the final leg of your trip takes you all the way to distant... Tokyo! Nippon wai desu desu ne~ or whatever "teh kidz" say these days. We've put you up for, guess what, four nights and five days, at the Gaijin Manor, a hotel with a rather insulting name, if you ask me. Whatever. While you're here, you'll enjoy... anime. Or video games. Or hell if I know. Japan bores me. Whatever.

Image Ayjo: And this trip through the only four cities Hollywood thinks exists, can be yours, if the Price is Right!

So. You gonna bid on that, Bean, or are you gonna pass it? If the former, bid. If the latter... well, then dr_vblschrf gets to bid. Either way!

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'll bid and go with $27,120.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

All right, then. Now, dr_vblschrf, here's *your* Showcase!

Image Ayjo: Your Showcase is all about whatever it is we have laying around backstage! So let's see...

*Meya pushes a podium on stage with a large, elaborate cake on it*

Image Ayjo: ...and the first thing we found is... a year's supply of cake! Twice a month for a year, you'll receive, delivered right to your front door, one of many, many delicious cakes from the Aces of Cakes. And this is *no* lie! Oh I went there!

Image Ayjo: But we have more, oh yes we do... The next thing we discovered was...

*the turntable swivels around, revealing Meya, singing along with an elaborate karaoke setup*

Image Ayjo: ...a karaoke center! A high end karaoke center, from Music Freaks, no less. A high quality stereo system that can play CDs, MP3s, and even vinyl, for those hipsters out there. Microphones and, uh... other karaoke... stuff... included. Meya loves this crap. I can't hold a tune!

*turntable swivels back around; moments later, Meya rides out on a motor scooter*

Image Ayjo: And it looks like Meya just came across a motor scooter! It's the "Scoots!" hybrid scooter. Yes, somehow, it uses both gas and electrical power. Don't ask me. Gets average gas mileage, and capable of something like 30 miles per hour. I dunno. You'll probably look kinda dorky riding it, but hey.

Image Ayjo: And finally, this one's too big to drag out on stage, but it's pretty cool. It's...

*big doors swing opened, revealing a large sailboat, with Meya at the helm*

Image Ayjo: A big ol' sailboat! This 21 foot watercraft is great for a weekend on the lake, and it's even seaworthy. While it includes sails for old fashioned wind navigation, it also has an engine, so you're not *completely* at nature's whim. Comes with spacious seating area and kitchenette below deck. It's actually kinda cool, really. Made by CatSail. Because of *course* it is!

Image Ayjo: And this Showcase, in which we just kinda offered whatever we had laying around backstage, can be yours, if the Price is Right!

And, your bid, dr_vblschrf. Go at it!

Moists:

dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by dr_vblschrf »

26,999!
YelseyKing

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 6 - Twice in Six Episodes!

Post by YelseyKing »

We have our bids! Now, we'll start with dr_vblschrf, who bid $26,999...

Actual retail price of that Showcase is... $36,889! Probably most of that is the boat. Well. And the difference is...

$9,890. Now we go to Bean, who bid $27,120 on a whole buncha trips...

Actual retail price of that vacation package is... ... $27,569! For a difference of only...

$449! That means you're a...

*clang clang clang whoop whoop whoooooooop!*

...with a grand total of $77,015 in cash and prizes!

Our second Double Showcase Win in only six and a half episodes! I swear, this was not set up. This *happened*!

Well, Talkhaus Price is Right is going to be on hiatus for a time after this, but we'll be back eventually, since, well, hey, we got a good thing going!

For now, though... this is YK, reminding you to help control the pet population! Have your pet spayed or neutered! Goodbye, everyone!

*TPiR theme plays as the credits roll and Bean and his friends take a look at all the stuff he won*

Image Ayjo: This is Ayjo Na speaking for the Talkhaus Price is Right! Still not a Fremantle Media production, guys!

Moists: