(shouting)

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - We have a winner!

...or in other words: post-whoring
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - We have a winner!

Post by YelseyKing »

*The camera pans across the set. The lights are off, and no one is in the seats. A faint howling wind is heard somewhere in the distance, as a single tumbleweed blows across the stage. A thin layer of dust coats everything. Clearly, the studio has remained unused for months*

*Suddenly, a door in the back opens, and in walks Ayjo, up to his podium. Dusting off the top of it, he pulls out some cards and begins going over them. The camera then pans upwards, showing Meya walking along the catwalks above, stopping at a control panel*

Image Ayjo: Hit it, Meya.

Image Meya: Gotcha.

*On cue, the lights come on, the door opens, and a noisy crowd rushes in, kicking up a cloud of nearly a year's worth of dust, as the
Price is Right Opening Theme starts playing*

Image Ayjo: *clears throat* Been a while. Let's see if I still got this... Ehem...

Image Ayjo: Here it comes! From the "Forum Games" section of the Gazebo at Talkhaus, it's the forum's most exciting however-long-this-takes of fantastic prizes! The fabulous surely-more-than-60-minutes Talkhaus Price is Right!

Klaty, come on down!

Maiku Wotaharu, come on down!

128-Up, come on down!

And pholtos, come on down!

Image Ayjo: You are the first four contestants on...
*The Price is Right theme starts playing*

Image Ayjo: And here's our host... YelseyKing!

*The camera pans up to the big doors, but they remain closed. Instead, it pans over to the back of the audience, where YK is making his entrance, as the audience applauds and cheers loudly. YK walks through the audience towards the stage, high-fiving everyone as he passes by*

What a welcome! It certainly *has* been a while, but are we ever back with a vengeance! In fact, we're giving one lucky contestant a chance to win our *biggest* prize to date! We are talking something over 120,000 freaking dollars! But before we do that, we gotta do the old rigamarole. What's our first item up for bids today, Ayjo?

*models come on stage, with an SNES and a bunch of games and accessories*

Image Ayjo: We're starting off today with a blast from the past! A Super Nintendo RPG Mega-package! It's a brand new SNES, as well as *thirty*, count 'em, *thirty* RPGs, including favorites such as Final Fantasy 4, 5, and 6, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Super Mario RPG! We even had localized versions of a number of games that never saw an English release, such as Live-A-Live, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Rudra no Hihou! We're not even sure this is *legal*, but who cares? Comes with four controllers and the Multi-Tap, because why not? This is ridiculously cool, if I say so myself. Oh, and we also threw in Secret of the Stars, for laughs.

It's been a while, so I'll refresh everyone's memories as to how this bit works. Each of you will place one and only one bid on that prize shown. We bid in dollars. American dollars. No British Pounds or Hylian Rupees or anything like that, and we round off to the nearest dollar, so don't go bidding $999.99. The one of you who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over wins the prize, and will play a pricing game on stage for a chance at bigger and better prizes! Yeah, it's pretty simple. You should know this already, but I feel like talking down to you all today, because I can. :P

Anyway, Klaty bids first, followed by Maiku, 128-Up, and pholtos.

And if anyone bids a two or five digit amount of money in this episode, so help me I am going to start throwing chairs. AND I WILL, TOO!

Oh, and if anyone not playing wants to monitor the game's stats and whatnot to ensure I'm not cheating, drop me a PM.
Last edited by YelseyKing 7 years ago, edited 16 times in total.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - We're Back!!

Post by Dizzybelle »

boop bap baby im back
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Klaty
GUESS WHO
Pronouns: male/neutral

Post by Klaty »

1800 dollaroos!
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

$1,600!!!!
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

I'm gonna go... $990.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
YelseyKing

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - Golden Road

Post by YelseyKing »

Righto, then. The actual retail price of that SNES package is... *blinks* Wow. $2,587!
Which means that Klaty wins! Get on up here!

And hoooooooo boy, are you in for a treat. I made an audience entrance this episode, and any long-time Price is Right viewer knows what *that* means!
You get to walk the Golden Road! And also as any long-time Price is Right viewer would know, we always offer *fantastic* prizes on this particular pricing game, and today is *no* exception. Remember that prize that I said was over $120k? Well... it all starts with this silly little 82 cent jar of fly honey. Who knew they even *sold* that stuff? Blech.
And with this simple little condiment(?), you could win this:

*podium rolls around, revealing an elaborate stereo system*

Image Ayjo: It's a new stereo system! This small but powerful sound system from Sound Masters plays basically every format shy of 8-tracks, can be loaded with MP3s, and comes with eight speakers, for true surround sound.

And, if you win *that* prize, we continue down the Golden Road, where you'll get a chance to win...

*Big Door #1 opens, revealing a large TV*

Image Ayjo: A new HD 4K TV! Enjoy crisp picture quality and, since you have that sound system, probably surround sound, too. High def! You could play your new SNES on it, too, since that's HD compatible, right? I don't know, man. My TV is so old it still has rabbit ears, remember?

Now, if you win *that* prize... we'll reach the end of the Golden Road, where we have a... rather nice prize we think you may like.

*Big Door #2 swings opened, revealing a shiny silver luxury car*

Image Ayjo: It's a brand new Doge Unicorn! This *super* fancy luxury model has it all! Leather seats, power transmission, cigarette lighter that no one uses, onboard GPS system, built in computer for texting while driving like the idiot I'm sure you are, gold-placed fuzzy dice hanging from the rear-view mirror... You know, I never did figure out what makes a luxury car a *luxury* car. You've seen one car, you've seen them all. But hey, this is one. Who am I to argue? Doge. Such car. Much price.
Mmmhmm. Now, this game is simple to understand, yet hard to *win*. That 82 cent price tag from that fly honey? One of those numbers is the first digit of that stereo system. You guess correctly, you win the prize, and you move on to the next. It gets harder as we go, but if you guess incorrectly at any point, the game is over. That said, you do keep any prizes you've won. Obviously, you'll be wanting that car. So let's get right to it. Is the first digit of that sound system 8 or 2?

Moists:

Dizzybelle
Barrel!

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImageImage
Klaty
GUESS WHO

Post by Klaty »

Oh geez, uh, uh, 8!
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

And...
...you're correct! You win that sound system, and now let us continue on down the Golden Road, over to that TV. It gets harder now, though!
Four digits, and the second one is missing... and it's one of the three in the price of that last prize: 8, 2, or 9. Choose wisely!

Moists:

Klaty
GUESS WHO

Post by Klaty »

2!
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Show us a 2! We want a 2!
*buzzer*
*losing horns*

9. Dang. It's over. That means we don't even get to play for the car at all. :cry:

Oh well. You get to keep the sound system, and you won that SNES package, and... hey, you'll be back later to spin the big wheel.

Commercial break!

Moists:

Dizzybelle
Barrel!

Post by Dizzybelle »

Today's episode of Price of Right is brought to you by 'Jones' Big Ass Truck Rental & Storage'!

"Beat That U-Haul!"

ImageImageImage
YelseyKing

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - Back to Bidding

Post by YelseyKing »

Well. Golden Road didn't go so well. Hopefully we'll have a winner this time. Who do you got, Ayjo?

Image Ayjo: Another recurring face on this show... Whimsical Calamari, come on down! You're the next contestant on the Talkhaus Price is Right!

Now what's our next item up for bids?

*models bring out a garish hot pink rug*

Image Ayjo: It's a Flokati Rug! Perhaps the most infamous "prize" on a certain other gameshow THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS, THANK YOU, this hideous neon pink shag rug won't actually go with... any room in your house, probably. Maybe a little girl's room? I dunno. Since when did we start giving away Zonks on *this* show?
Oh, come on. It's not *that* bad. Well, whatever. That rug. Game show running gag.

Whimsical Calamari bids first, followed by Maiku, 128-Up, and pholtos.

Moists:

Dizzybelle
Barrel!

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

(Isn't it normally person who joins in bids last)
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

let's go 430
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

*does a terrible impression of Chef's dad from South Park* I'm gonna say about tree-fiddy... (aka $350)
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

A tacky pink rug? Can't be more than... $179
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

The letters in the prize (garish hot pink rug) exchanged for numbers then multiplied by the number of words equals (7+1+18+9+19+8+8+15+20+16+9+14+11+18+21+7)*4=804

So 804. :P
Yes I have overcomplicated this.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

YelseyKing

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - Most Expensive

Post by YelseyKing »

Technical issues. Ehem. And I see pholtos is making weird bids again. Well.

The actual retail price of that *fine* Flokati Rug is... $550!
Whimsical Calamari, come on back up here on stage!

Now, as I recall, your debut didn't go so well. But hopefully you'll have better luck this time, as we have... well, we have three kinda-weird prizes! Ayjo?

*big doors open, revealing a home gym, a refrigerator, and a very familiar-looking statue*

Image Ayjo: How about a home gym, a fridge/freezer combo, and a life-size statue of raocow?

Image Ayjo: First, a home gym, from Sweatmasters. You can lift weights or crunch abs or whatever with this thing, but we all know you'll just use it as a fancy clothes rack, fatty.

Image Ayjo: Second, from Freeze!, this fridge fridges stuff. Keeps cold foods cold and... frozen food frozen. Has an ice maker, and is *not* one of those weird WiFi-ready things. Seriously, what *purpose* does putting WiFi into everything serve?!

Image Ayjo: And finally, a life-size gold-plated statue of our favorite LPer. Solid marble, plated with 16-carat gold, an emerald R, and alluring diamond eyes. Solid gold cat planet cat planet planet cat planet cat planet cat included!
This here is a classic, yo. It's also one of the simpler games. Those three prizes up there? All you have to do is guess which of them is, well, the Most Expensive, hence the name. If you're right, you win all three. If you're wrong, well. Game Over. Now, which one do you think costs the most?

Image Ayjo: And hey, YK got through this whole thing without making a "moist" joke!

Shaddap.

Moists:

Dizzybelle
Barrel!

Post by Dizzybelle »

ImageImageImage
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

call me crazy but something tells me it's the gold-plated statue with companion solid gold statue that's the most expensive of the bunch
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

All right, then. The statue it is! Ayjo, you're a tad too blatant there, guy. Well, whatever. Let's see the price of that fridge first.
$1,995. Very unlikely that's the most expensive prize here, so let's see the price of that home gym.
Ooof. $3,288... that...might not be so good. But that statue looks pretty bling'd out, so maybe, just maybe... show us the price of the statue!
...and your instincts were correct! Yowza! We've got a winner! Congratulations, and don't forget your pricing game winner banner! And, as always, you'll also be back later to spin the wheel, for a chance at *more* stuffs!

Back after these messages!

Moists:

YelseyKing

Re: The (Talkhaus) Price is Right Ep. 5 - Recurring Theme

Post by YelseyKing »

And we're back. No more gold-plated raocow statues, either. Promise! That was our only one. I don't even know where it came from. I digress.

Ayjo, who's our next contestant?

Image Ayjo: That would be Picochilla... come on down! You're the next contestant on the Talkhaus Price is Right!

And what's our next item up for bids?

*Models bring out a washer/dryer*

Image Ayjo: It's an all-in-one washer/dryer combo! From Washouts, this is one of those neat new washer/dryers that will do the washing *and* drying in the same machine! I don't even pretend to know how that *works*, but hey, it apparently *does*!
Bidding begins anew. Picochilla first, then Maiku, 128-Up, and pholtos.

Moists: