(shouting)

talkhaus bingo

...or in other words: post-whoring
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

talkhaus bingo

Post by Truhan »

This has been bothering me for a while now. It's so easy to make a drinking/bingo game out of watching raocow's SMW/SMBX videos. But doing a casual search, I found nothing. Well, the mood (that mood being boredom) finally struck me to take a shot at making a very simple bingo card. I ran out of ideas of what to put on it that could apply to both SMW and SMBX (for example, raocow getting hit checking to see if an enemy is friendly would be a good one for SMBX, but isn't applicable at all to SMW), but I don't know if there'd even be any kind of interest for this in the first place. Am I the only one interested in turning our viewing experience into a metagame? If anyone else is, here's the card I've got so far. Yeah, a lot of them are gimmes, but the object of it is not supposed to be that it's hard or impossible to get a bingo most days.

If anyone is better at designing one or has better ideas, by all means override mine. I just threw this together in about 15 minutes in MS Paint.
Last edited by Truhan 8 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Bean
Yep.

Re: talkhaus bingo(?)

Post by Bean »

Kind of reminds me of the old raocow drinking game from SA back when I first watched his videos.

It still should have "something makes raocow laugh for a good while/through the end of the video", "calling Yoshi a horse"/"throwing Yoshi in a pit instantly", and "SCIENCE!" even if the last ones are possibly outdated.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Bean wrote:Kind of reminds me of the old raocow drinking game from SA back when I first watched his videos.

It still should have "something makes raocow laugh for a good while/through the end of the video", "calling Yoshi a horse"/"throwing Yoshi in a pit instantly", and "SCIENCE!" even if the last ones are possibly outdated.
Science slipped my mind, but it was always on the card every time the thought crossed me. Throwing the horse into the pit is the same as wasting him. Yoshi doesn't really show up enough to warrant the calling Yoshi a horse spot though. "Uncontrollable laughter" is a good one though, I'll add those when I get bored again (presumably sometime tomorrow while I'm recovering from running).
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Doesn't do the intended solution, but still forces his way through somehow.
You're awesome.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Alrighty, I updated it with the suggestions. I thought about adding "tanks a hit", but that's pretty much the same as wasting a powerup.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

Suggestions: raocow dies at the end. raocow calls an enemy by a nickname, tough one-level video
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

rubber duckie
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

8bitgamer123 wrote:Suggestions: raocow dies at the end. raocow calls an enemy by a nickname, tough one-level video
raocow dies at the end is another one that I usually think of but forgot this time, thanks. Good other suggestions too, I'll put em in.
Picochilla wrote:rubber duckie
We don't get rubber duckie anymore ;_;
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

Oh, this is kind of an obscure one-- but the, "while chewing very loudly" or "... chew loudly" quote comes up from time to time.
ImageImage
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Peliptia wrote:Oh, this is kind of an obscure one-- but the, "while chewing very loudly" or "... chew loudly" quote comes up from time to time.
Seems a bit too obscure.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

How abut if a video contains a jump cut?
If raocow uses a life farm?
If raocow reads aloud a text box in a silly voice?
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Not starting the video with his usual intro because he takes care of something that technically belongs to the previous episode?
You're awesome.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

tangeruse wrote:How abut if a video contains a jump cut?
If raocow uses a life farm?
If raocow reads aloud a text box in a silly voice?
Good ones.
Piter Lauchy wrote:Not starting the video with his usual intro because he takes care of something that technically belongs to the previous episode?
This is a good one, but I can't think of a way to word it so it can fit in one of the boxes.

Edit: I think I found a good way to word it, check box 1-3.
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

How about wording it like
"Resolves previous episode".
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

tangeruse wrote:How about wording it like
"Resolves previous episode".
I'm not too sure about that either, because sometimes he backtracks because he pressed a switch and I'd want the block to cover those such instances as well.
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

Also, is 'that was a demo' a free space?
Ivy
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

tangeruse wrote:Also, is 'that was a demo' a free space?
yeah although it's actually relatively uncommon nowadays
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Ivy wrote:
tangeruse wrote:Also, is 'that was a demo' a free space?
yeah although it's actually relatively uncommon nowadays
Yeah, he doesn't say it as much, but it's implied that all deaths are just a demo.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Truhan wrote:
Piter Lauchy wrote:Not starting the video with his usual intro because he takes care of something that technically belongs to the previous episode?
This is a good one, but I can't think of a way to word it so it can fit in one of the boxes.
IIRC they call that a 'cold open'.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:
Truhan wrote:
IIRC they call that a 'cold open'.
I know, but I'd want it to also include general backtracking, i.e. when he had to go back to previous levels in the middle of a video for MGU3 after he pressed a switch.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

I guess noone cares, but uh, I came up with another one. If people wanna start playing bingo or improve the card, be my guest. Otherwise, I need to get Horikawa-senpai to notice m-...y thread. With the backing of Horikawa, surely more people than just me would play talkhaus bingo.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

dunno why you say that lol, I think this is really interesting and fun. now that it's complete I'll probs be trying it out with VIP2

what do I get if I win
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Pikabread wrote:dunno why you say that lol, I think this is really interesting and fun. now that it's complete I'll probs be trying it out with VIP2

what do I get if I win
A signed placard that says "I hope I win".
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Re: talkhaus bingo

Post by Truhan »

I updated it again. Wasting a horse is pretty much just like wasting a power up, and horses aren't very common for some reason. Death by cowardice and hubris deserved at least one block.