(shouting)

Talkhaus Interactive Giant Robot Adventure

...or in other words: post-whoring
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Talkhaus Interactive Giant Robot Adventure

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Hey folks. This is going to be yet another one of those little interactive adventure things, except since I'm terrible at art, I'll write you all a story instead. Here are some brief guidelines, although most of it's what you would expect from a story about giant robots fighting in space.

Voting and Suggestions:
-At the end of each 'segment', I'll provide a few choices which will influence how the story will proceed. You can vote for one option per choice. Please bold your vote.
-If none of the options appeal to you, feel free to suggest an alternative choice. You can do this by sending me a PM with the thread title, the choice you want to suggest an option for, and your suggestion in it (at which point I'll add it to the options), or posting the choice & suggestion in thread. If your choice gets enough votes, I'll roll with it.
-In the event of a tied vote (or in the event of no votes), I'll either flip a coin/appeal to the random number god, or use author fiat.
-I may give some details as to what I'll be using the choice for, if it's not event-related.
-Voting lasts for 48 hours after the post is made. Then I'll start work on the next segment.
Death or victory:
-In the event that your player character dies, a vote will be held on what happens next. Either a) the story ends, b) the action will resume with a new character after a timeskip, examining the aftermath of the previous PC's actions and death, or c) I'll write a short epilogue which ties up what happens to any other major characters in the story.

In the event that your characters 'wins' and the story draws to a conclusion, we'll either end entirely, draw up a new character after a timeskip (the difference being that the previous PC may well be a part of the new setting), or, if somebody else would like to give the setting a spin, I'll pass the story on to another person and they can write it as a succession thing.
Meta tips:
-Since this is going to be half-story, half-game, you might wonder what happens if you make a choice that would put the player character in danger. To put it basically: in the beginning of the story, the player character will be fairly well-insulated against death. By this, I mean that the "default" choices that I provide will be fairly safe. (Ones suggested by you guys, however, might not!) As the story wears on, and your choices have cumulative effect, I'll gradually rescind this plot armour.
-I don't actually think people will care enough either way, but if members of the community are deliberately attempting to ruin it for people who are enjoying the game/story, I'll either report to mods or just stop writing. It seriously isn't worth my time and effort to police you guys. Obviously, if you're just having a laugh, don't worry about it.
-If, for whatever strange reason, you'd like to represented in-story, send me a PM or comment about it and I'll use your username for something maybe. Disclaimer: if it's not something you like, then that's tough luck, I'm afraid.
Without further ado, here's some very brief prologue/setting and your first choices!

{A Talkhaus Space Adventure: Prologue}

November 2nd, Year 108 (Progressive Era). Humans, with the unfailing ambition that gave them so much success on Earth, have expanded to the stars; even now, the soil of Mars is being cultured and terraformed to better aid humanity's survival and curb competition for ever-scarcer resources.

While many contend otherwise, the truth is that much of humanity's progress in interstellar travel is the result of so-called 'black-box' technology. Created by artists rather than scientists, the principles driving these inventions is unknown; science can replicate them, but not understand them. Two such black-box technologies are the Letz Field, which has rendered true long-range warfare impractical, and the Pandora Frame, which has allowed a tentative synthesis between man and machine.

On first of July, after years of tensions, the Federation of Martian Government announced their secession from Earth after an unexpected conflict of ideals with the International Union of Interterrestrial Government. Although the union was officially resolved amicably, growing economic and societal pressures led to the formation of a number of revolutionary groups, who called for the two planets to be re-united under one government. Which some of these factions are peaceful, other have protested violently; one such group is the self-titled 'Warriors for the Reunification of Earth and Mars', or the Warriors of REM, who have gradually been gaining a military presence.

With their diplomatic relations with Earth growing ever tenser, the Federation of Martian Government has deployed a peacekeeping force to quell the armed conflicts between radical groups and the Earth military. Their aim is prevent civilian casualties, and prevent more damage to the Martian Government diplomatically. One such peacekeeping vessel, the Hermes, hovers in low martian orbit, preparing to receive two promising recruits...

{Prologue End}

Voting

There are two choices to make at the moment. The first is your player character's name. Please note: the names suggested here were pretty much just grabbed from a random name generator. If you've got a better name, go for it! Note: your character is considered genderless for the purposes of this story. However, feel free to use gendered names (there will be an in-story explanation for them).
Name:
  • Hunter Quincy
  • Aston Horn
  • Aran Finley
  • Alex Tam
  • Hanne Vasquez
  • Kalani Kidd
  • Murphy Woods
  • Shahar Graves
  • Hollis Victore
  • Carol Blair
Pilot nickname
This choice will decide what your character's nickname is within the military -- their 'Red Baron' epithet, so to speak. I'll be using it for flavour purposes to decide what the PC's fighting style is like. Here are some suggestions, although feel free to suggest your own.
  • "The Berserk General"
  • "Stingray"
  • "Cyclops"
  • "The Gladiator"
  • "The Razor"
Next time, we'll ease into the story a little, and set about picking a mech. (That is, of course, if anybody's even interested.)
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Talkhaus Interactive Giant Robot Adventure

Post by pholtos »

Hmm so... like...
Name: Ador A. Ble
Nickname: poring

Does that work?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Yep, that'll work fine. It'd be better to bold any votes so they catch my eye easier, but hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

(Btw, it feels like you're just making an example vote, but if the talkhaus decides to be Ador A. Ble the Poring, that's cool too)
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Oh hey I misunderstood something. Was thinking you were starting some sort of group thing where a bunch of peeps could be names and such.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »