Talkhaus Writes a Story

...or in other words: post-whoring
momo

Talkhaus Writes a Story

Post by momo »

Please try to use proper English.
Leave space between paragraphs.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN READING

A young man awakes from a restless night. It is 5:30 in the morning, and the rain from yesterday had not ceased. What little moonlight there was shone through the window to his right, revealing dust floating carelessly through the air. Everything is overpowered by the sound of rain pounding on the roof; everything except the screeching of an alarm clock. Today would be just another cycle: wake up, go to school, work, play, and then sleep.

The young man wrestles to reach the alarm clock to the right of his bed. He flips the switch with a hurried motion and then collapses back into his pillow. It was time to get up, but he can barely stay awake. He finally builds up the confidence to twist his legs over the edge of his bed and slowly stand up and stretch. His mind is barely turned on at this point, only able to stumble across the carpet to his door and pry it open. He can barely remember anything. He thinks to himself, "Name... name... what was my name?"

The Story Thus Far
A young man awakes from a restless night. It is 5:30 in the morning, and the rain from yesterday had not ceased. What little moonlight there was shone through the window to his right, revealing dust floating carelessly through the air. Everything is overpowered by the sound of rain pounding on the roof; everything except the screeching of an alarm clock. Today would be just another cycle: wake up, go to school, work, play, and then sleep.

The young man wrestles to reach the alarm clock to the right of his bed. He flips the switch with a hurried motion and then collapses back into his pillow. It was time to get up, but he can barely stay awake. He finally builds up the confidence to twist his legs over the edge of his bed and slowly stand up and stretch. His mind is barely turned on at this point, only able to stumble across the carpet to his door and pry it open. He can barely remember anything. He thinks to himself, "Name... name... what was my name?"

At that instant, his identity came to him. "Whistlefist Stevenson Gumjaw!" he blurted out so that all the nobody in his house could hear him. A feeling of accomplishment washed over Whistlefist like a tidal wave made up of kittens, which in return, allowed him to completely ignore the stairway that he was walking towards. Whistlefist tumbled down like a sack filled with rock-shaped laundry and landed with the force of a feather. So far, Whistlefist's day was not going according to plan, but then again, this was not an ordinary day in the slightest.

Pulling his fleshy, grinning face off the silken carpet, Whistlefist had a sudden thought. What if, perhaps, today wasn't gonna be a special day? What if it did, in fact, happen to be a perfectly ordinary day like any other? "No," Whistlefist confidently said to himself, "today's a special day. I can feel it deep in my liver, just like I can feel the thirst for political offices in my heart!" He hefted his stubby frame from the glossily delicate marble floor and skipped off to the bathroom to freshen up before breakfast and put his prosthetic arm back on. The smile had not left the still-stinging face of the clumsy boy, for he was certain that this was going to be an amazingly special day.

Whistlefist was in the middle of preparing his usual breakfast when there was a knock on the door. The smell of rotten flesh emanating through the front door let him know who it was before he even opened the door: His local City Postman, his bloated form held aloft by the thousands of flies inside his lifeless husk, like all City Postmen. A smaller swarm of flies held a package addressed to a "Whistlefist S. Gumjaw".
"Yes, that is me" Whistlefist smiled, despite the package's vulgar abbreviation of his glorius name, as he accepted the package. The Postman buzzed off, continuing his rounds.

This was unusual for Whistlefist, as he didn't recall receiving anything delivered straight to his door. He was further surprised when he examined the package and saw that the return address indicated the package's origin point to be from his uncle Sargon.
His dear Uncle Sargon, who had been sentenced to be transported into the Penal Colony in Hell due to crimes too innumerable to be listed here, often sent letters his way, but never a package. He wondered what it might contain...

Whistlefist struggles to open the package with his one remaining human arm, for on his prosthetic arm sits a kazoo. Whistlefist then fumes over the irony his parents bestowed upon him at his birth. Why couldn't they name him something honorable like "Buttkingham" or "HoopsMcSlamjam"?

Whistlefist removes the kazoo accessory from his prosthetic arm and equips the box cutter tool and quickly cuts the tape on the box. Inside the box he finds a yo-yo with the string missing, a lucky penny with the face of President Obama, a Feline magazine with the catchphrase "This year's hottest pussies", and a decrepit looking scroll that gave of a smell of brimstone and fresh blood. " Whistlefist breaks the skull-shaped seal and opens the scroll.

The scroll opened up with a flourish to reveal a vintage magic eye poster. Uncle Sargon loves these things, Whistlefist thought wistfully. He used to make them himself before his arrest; the magic eye poster economy suffered a big hit when Uncle Sargon was deported and his company went bankrupt.

Looking at the bright colors and the bits and pieces of clip-art volcanoes made Whistlefist a little dizzy. A pang of disappointment in himself settled in his chest. He loved Uncle Sargon, but he was never able to solve these things without vomiting in his mouth a little. Uncle Sargon acted affectionate towards him, sure, but was never emotionally there when Whistlefist needed him to be. All Sargon's other nieces and nephews could come to him with problems, be them diplomatic or emotional or even criminal, and they would receive advice and a promise of confidentiality. When it came to Whistlefist, all he'd ever gotten was a hair-tousle and a "Keep at it, champ!", and it made him a little sad and more than a little jealous of all his other cousins.

The smell of burning dandelion greens jerked him out of his quagmire. "Oh diggity, I scorched my breakfast!" As he raced to resolve the combustion of his soon-to-be consumptions, he remembered that his classmate, the star student Nickysticky sur Liquie, was exceptional at seeing the hidden image in magic eye puzzles.

But just as he was dousing the flames, chewing on the remnants of his breakfast, and thinking about how good it would be to see old Nickysticky again, he noticed his morning newspaper, which had of course grown organically from the news geranium at the breakfast table.

Nickysticky sur Liquie found dead under mysterious circumstances

"Oh no!" Whistlefist exclaimed. "Nickysticky is dead! Now he can't help me decipher this Magic Eye puzzle that will no doubt lead me on an exciting adventure!"

Then Whistlefist had a realization.

"But this means I get to solve his murder! It's going to be an exciting day after all!"

So Whistlefist ran over to Nicksticky's house to investigate the murder, only to find that it was already under investigation by his cousin Laminas du Travac, the world's greatest detective.

"What are you doing here, Whistlefist?" Laminas asked as she flipped through her notebook. "I hope you're not trying to solve a murder again, we're still taking care of the paperwork from the last 'case' you 'solved'."

"I still say the parrot did it," Whistlefist grumbled. "And one day you'll see I was right!"

"Whatever. The point is, I'm already on this case, and I don't need you distracting me."

"But Nickysticky was a friend of mine! Years ago! Well, sort of."

Then Whistlefist had an idea for how he could get an exciting adventure out of this terrible tragedy after all.

"In fact, we didn't get on well at all! I secretly hated him the whole time! That makes me your top suspect and we're going to have a high-speed car chase while I try to prove my innocence!"

Laminas sighed.

"Whistlefist, we already have an airtight alibi for you, please stop trying to make yourself a suspect in a murder that doesn't involve you at all."

"Oh come on, there must have been some way I could have killed him! Maybe I mailed him a poison letter... no, wait, the Postmen eat those. But there was probably something I could have done!"

"Just go home, Whistlefist."

Dejected, Whistlefist left the investigation of his old acquaintance's murder in the hands of trained professionals and started walking home.

But he was still determined to have an exciting adventure today, no matter what.

A wild frog appears and starts dancing towards Whistlefist!

Armed with his trusty box cutter, he inflicts 62 damage to the slimy beast!

The frog reals back; Whistlefist is victorious. 270 experience points were gained. Level up! Whistlefist gained 2 hard-boiled points, 3 murderer points, and 1 amputee point!

Whistlefist was still in the select-a-skill screen when Laminas took notice of what transpired. "Okay, now you're a suspect" Laminas said whilst yanking poor Whistlefist out of his hard earned skill select screen. This took Whistlefist by surprise and somewhat scared him. "Wait, but I was defending myself!" Whistlefist exclaimed, trailing frog blood all over the pavement. Laminas just look back at him with a cold, unfeeling glare. "It was a frog. All it was doing was dancing. How was it going to hurt you?" the detective inquired, still dragging the perpetrator to his police motorcycle. Whistlefist thought hard for a moment and exclaimed, "he could have been one of those assassin dancers!" Laminas stopped just short of his vehicle and pondered the idiocy of his cousin's statement. He often wondered how Whistlefist's brain worked without total failure and the idea of a dancing frog assassin was one of the many examples. But he had no time for his cousin, for he had a murder to solve. "Just get in the passenger's seat and keep quite until we get to the station, please." Laminas commanded to his clueless cousin. Whistlefist, did as his cousin asked, Laminas removed the box cutter from the prosthetic arm, started the engine and drove towards the police station.

The car eventually stopped in front of a solid blue cube, bathed in constant light streaming from the heavens: The Police Station. Laminas led Whistlefist inside. There were a lot of people with featureless silver skin and wings dressed in calming blue uniforms, along with normal folk like him and Laminas. The detectives were the only non-celestials employed by the police force (Laminas was half-pudding from här mother's side, but that's just semantics) because they were seen to be better at the analytical side of policework.

When Laminas got to the Desk Sergeant, hän was going to tell them that hän was bringing him in when they interrupted här.
"oh-thank-goodness-you-are-here-there-has-been-another-murder-like-the-other-ones"
Laminas looked more annoyed by these news more than anything, like it had become a common occurence recently.

Whistlefist looked over Laminas' shoulder at the police notice. The victim had been Dr. Ling Boipelo Appelo, a noted magic eye puzzle master. Just like Nickysticky...

"Hmmm, this truly is a strange coincidence," Whistlefist pondered to himself, "another famous eye puzzle master dead."

Whistlefist looked to the far wall of the police station to see Boogiefrog's wife and child. They are weeping frog tears. Whistlefist can't help but feel guilty for what he had done, but there was no going back now.

He then remembers that he stored the magic eye puzzle his uncle sent him and grabs it out of his extremely tight black leather pants. Whistlefist works carefully as to not rip the fragile vomit-inducing puzzle. Finally it is free.

Whistlefist presented the puzzle to här and the Desk Sergeant, who was typing with two hands and eating a delicious ketchup and cheese sandwich with his other two. "Say, maybe you could take a look at this puzzle for me?" Whistlefist inquired.
Last edited by momo 9 years ago, edited 13 times in total.
Robomorons
Disciple of Kyubey

Re: Talkhaus Writes a Story

Post by Robomorons »

At that instant, his identity came to him. "Whistlefist Stevenson Gumjaw!" he blurted out so that all the nobody in his house could hear him. A feeling of accomplishment washed over Whistlefist like a tidal wave made up of kittens, which in return, allowed him to completely ignore the stairway that he was walking towards. Whistlefist tumbled down like a sack filled with rock-shaped laundry and landed with the force of a feather. So far, Whistlefist's day was not going according to plan, but then again, this was not an ordinary day in the slightest.
Stop reading this.
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

Pulling his fleshy, grinning face off the silken carpet, Whistlefist had a sudden thought. What if, perhaps, today wasn't gonna be a special day? What if it did, in fact, happen to be a perfectly ordinary day like any other? "No," Whistlefist confidently said to himself, "today's a special day. I can feel it deep in my liver, just like I can feel the thirst for political offices in my heart!" He hefted his stubby frame from the glossily delicate marble floor and skipped off to the bathroom to freshen up before breakfast and put his prosthetic arm back on. The smile had not left the still-stinging face of the clumsy boy, for he was certain that this was going to be an amazingly special day.
:nb_pride:
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Whistlefist was in the middle of preparing his usual breakfast when there was a knock on the door. The smell of rotten flesh emanating through the front door let him know who it was before he even opened the door: His local City Postman, his bloated form held aloft by the thousands of flies inside his lifeless husk, like all City Postmen. A smaller swarm of flies held a package addressed to a "Whistlefist S. Gumjaw".
"Yes, that is me" Whistlefist smiled, despite the package's vulgar abbreviation of his glorius name, as he accepted the package. The Postman buzzed off, continuing his rounds.

This was unusual for Whistlefist, as he didn't recall receiving anything delivered straight to his door. He was further surprised when he examined the package and saw that the return address indicated the package's origin point to be from his uncle Sargon.
His dear Uncle Sargon, who had been sentenced to be transported into the Penal Colony in Hell due to crimes too innumerable to be listed here, often sent letters his way, but never a package. He wondered what it might contain...
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
momo

Post by momo »

Whistlefist struggles to open the package with his one remaining human arm, for on his prosthetic arm sits a kazoo. Whistlefist then fumes over the irony his parents bestowed upon him at his birth. Why couldn't they name him something honorable like "Buttkingham" or "HoopsMcSlamjam"?

Whistlefist removes the kazoo accessory from his prosthetic arm and equips the box cutter tool and quickly cuts the tape on the box. Inside the box he finds a yo-yo with the string missing, a lucky penny with the face of President Obama, a Feline magazine with the catchphrase "This year's hottest pussies", and a decrepit looking scroll that gave of a smell of brimstone and fresh blood. " Whistlefist breaks the skull-shaped seal and opens the scroll.
Wolfolotl
cryptid

Post by Wolfolotl »

The scroll opened up with a flourish to reveal a vintage magic eye poster. Uncle Sargon loves these things, Whistlefist thought wistfully. He used to make them himself before his arrest; the magic eye poster economy suffered a big hit when Uncle Sargon was deported and his company went bankrupt.

Looking at the bright colors and the bits and pieces of clip-art volcanoes made Whistlefist a little dizzy. A pang of disappointment in himself settled in his chest. He loved Uncle Sargon, but he was never able to solve these things without vomiting in his mouth a little. Uncle Sargon acted affectionate towards him, sure, but was never emotionally there when Whistlefist needed him to be. All Sargon's other nieces and nephews could come to him with problems, be them diplomatic or emotional or even criminal, and they would receive advice and a promise of confidentiality. When it came to Whistlefist, all he'd ever gotten was a hair-tousle and a "Keep at it, champ!", and it made him a little sad and more than a little jealous of all his other cousins.

The smell of burning dandelion greens jerked him out of his quagmire. "Oh diggity, I scorched my breakfast!" As he raced to resolve the combustion of his soon-to-be consumptions, he remembered that his classmate, the star student Nickysticky sur Liquie, was exceptional at seeing the hidden image in magic eye puzzles.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

But just as he was dousing the flames, chewing on the remnants of his breakfast, and thinking about how good it would be to see old Nickysticky again, he noticed his morning newspaper, which had of course grown organically from the news geranium at the breakfast table.

Nickysticky sur Liquie found dead under mysterious circumstances

"Oh no!" Whistlefist exclaimed. "Nickysticky is dead! Now he can't help me decipher this Magic Eye puzzle that will no doubt lead me on an exciting adventure!"

Then Whistlefist had a realization.

"But this means I get to solve his murder! It's going to be an exciting day after all!"

So Whistlefist ran over to Nicksticky's house to investigate the murder, only to find that it was already under investigation by his cousin Laminas du Travac, the world's greatest detective.

"What are you doing here, Whistlefist?" Laminas asked as she flipped through her notebook. "I hope you're not trying to solve a murder again, we're still taking care of the paperwork from the last 'case' you 'solved'."

"I still say the parrot did it," Whistlefist grumbled. "And one day you'll see I was right!"

"Whatever. The point is, I'm already on this case, and I don't need you distracting me."

"But Nickysticky was a friend of mine! Years ago! Well, sort of."

Then Whistlefist had an idea for how he could get an exciting adventure out of this terrible tragedy after all.

"In fact, we didn't get on well at all! I secretly hated him the whole time! That makes me your top suspect and we're going to have a high-speed car chase while I try to prove my innocence!"

Laminas sighed.

"Whistlefist, we already have an airtight alibi for you, please stop trying to make yourself a suspect in a murder that doesn't involve you at all."

"Oh come on, there must have been some way I could have killed him! Maybe I mailed him a poison letter... no, wait, the Postmen eat those. But there was probably something I could have done!"

"Just go home, Whistlefist."

Dejected, Whistlefist left the investigation of his old acquaintance's murder in the hands of trained professionals and started walking home.

But he was still determined to have an exciting adventure today, no matter what.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
momo

Post by momo »

A wild frog appears and starts dancing towards Whistlefist!

Armed with his trusty box cutter, he inflicts 62 damage to the slimy beast!

The frog reals back; Whistlefist is victorious. 270 experience points were gained. Level up! Whistlefist gained 2 hard-boiled points, 3 murderer points, and 1 amputee point!
Robomorons
Disciple of Kyubey

Post by Robomorons »

Whistlefist was still in the select-a-skill screen when Laminas took notice of what transpired. "Okay, now you're a suspect" Laminas said whilst yanking poor Whistlefist out of his hard earned skill select screen. This took Whistlefist by surprise and somewhat scared him. "Wait, but I was defending myself!" Whistlefist exclaimed, trailing frog blood all over the pavement. Laminas just look back at him with a cold, unfeeling glare. "It was a frog. All it was doing was dancing. How was it going to hurt you?" the detective inquired, still dragging the perpetrator to his police motorcycle. Whistlefist thought hard for a moment and exclaimed, "he could have been one of those assassin dancers!" Laminas stopped just short of his vehicle and pondered the idiocy of his cousin's statement. He often wondered how Whistlefist's brain worked without total failure and the idea of a dancing frog assassin was one of the many examples. But he had no time for his cousin, for he had a murder to solve. "Just get in the passenger's seat and keep quite until we get to the station, please." Laminas commanded to his clueless cousin. Whistlefist, did as his cousin asked, Laminas removed the box cutter from the prosthetic arm, started the engine and drove towards the police station.
Stop reading this.
Wolfolotl
cryptid

Post by Wolfolotl »

In the back of the police car, Whistlefist could barely hold in his excitement. The adrenaline was still pumping through his veins, and he loved the rush, the feeling of raw power within him. He couldn't help but laugh from the joy and the feeling of accomplishment from his first kill. His very first kill! The sight of the boogie frog's blood stirred his political ambitions intriguingly, and he knew the taste of debate blood would be even better.

"Whistlefist, shut up! You're distracting me from my tunes." Laminas called from the front seat. Ve flipped him the bird with vis non-dominant hand while not taking vis eyes of the road. "No wonder you live in that house all by yourself. You're such a distraction," ve grumbled and turned vis punk rock up a little more.

((I kinda just wanna have it that Laminas has no consistent pronoun set tbh))

Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

The car eventually stopped in front of a solid blue cube, bathed in constant light streaming from the heavens: The Police Station. Laminas led Whistlefist inside. There were a lot of people with featureless silver skin and wings dressed in calming blue uniforms, along with normal folk like him and Laminas. The detectives were the only non-celestials employed by the police force (Laminas was half-pudding from här mother's side, but that's just semantics) because they were seen to be better at the analytical side of policework.

When Laminas got to the Desk Sergeant, hän was going to tell them that hän was bringing him in when they interrupted här.
"oh-thank-goodness-you-are-here-there-has-been-another-murder-like-the-other-ones"
Laminas looked more annoyed by these news more than anything, like it had become a common occurence recently.

Whistlefist looked over Laminas' shoulder at the police notice. The victim had been Dr. Ling Boipelo Appelo, a noted magic eye puzzle master. Just like Nickysticky...

For this post, Laminas uses the gender-neutral finnish third person pronoun (except här, I made that up). Ling Boipelo Appelo came from a random name generator.

Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
momo

Post by momo »

"Hmmm, this truly is a strange coincidence," Whistlefist pondered to himself, "another famous eye puzzle master dead."

Whistlefist looked to the far wall of the police station to see Boogiefrog's wife and child. They are weeping frog tears. Whistlefist can't help but feel guilty for what he had done, but there was no going back now.

He then remembers that he stored the magic eye puzzle his uncle sent him and grabs it out of his extremely tight black leather pants. Whistlefist works carefully as to not rip the fragile vomit-inducing puzzle. Finally it is free.

Whistlefist presented the puzzle to här and the Desk Sergeant, who was typing with two hands and eating a delicious ketchup and cheese sandwich with his other two. "Say, maybe you could take a look at this puzzle for me?" Whistlefist inquired.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

"WHY-DO-YOU-MOCK-ME-SO?" the Desk Sergeant bawled, his drawers opening and closing faster than Whistlefist had ever seen. "DOES-NO-ONE-RECALL-THAT-I-HAVE-NO-EYES?"

Laminas rolled 'is own eyes and turned 'er attention to the stupid thing Whistlefist was trying to show 'im.

"Don't take it too personally, Cedar. This is just my idiot cousin Whistlefist. He's not smart enough to notice those things." 'E glanced over the poster. "This is one of Uncle Sargon's stupid things, right? Where'd you get it?"

"It came in the mail this morning!"

"Don't play games, Whistlefist. Why would Uncle Sargon send you, out of all his nieces, nephews, and neutergons, something of actual importance? It doesn't make any sense. He trusts me more than you, and I'm the one who got him locked away."

But before Whistlefist could even think of a response, Mrs. Boogiefrog and Jonathan Bonathan Donathan Boogiefrog Jr. had reached into the folds of their slimy frog skin and retrieved their concealed bazookas.

"It seems my dear departed husband's hunch was right after all," Mrs. Boogiefrog hissed, as her webbed feet-hands tensed around the trigger. "Hand over that poster now, and fewer of you will get hurt."
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Robomorons
Disciple of Kyubey

Post by Robomorons »

"WIS! MOVE!" Laminas ordered at his clueless cousin. Whistlefist obeyed the direct order from his clearly-more-experienced-in-this-kind-of-nonsense cousin. Unfortunately, he ended up walking into Boogiefrog Jr., thus allowing the fiendish frog to take a hostage. Laminas took out sih trusty seven-piece and pointed it at Mrs. Boogiefrog. "Continue pointing that at my mom and you'll lose your cousin!" Boogiefrog Jr. shouted. Laminas swore under sih breath, instantaneously put under pressure due to the situation that was happening before him. The desk seargent whirred and clicked a bit. "Well, seems like the situation is currently in our favor. Now then, .rM Travac, you know what we want, and I doubt that you'll be able to live with the death of your cousin at the hands of my son, so give us the poster." Mrs. Boogiefrog said to the scowling detective.

The desk sergeant made various dinging sounds, causing Laminas to smile. "Well, guess you got us." eh said right before the desk sergeant shot out a bolt directly at Mrs. Boogiefrog's forehead. The rocket dame fell to the ground, knocked unconscious by the desk sergeant's devious attack. "Mom!" Boogiefrog Jr. spouted out right before Laminas's fist met with the frog son's face. Whistlefist fell to the ground, knocking loose his prosthetic arm. Laminas holstered sih seven-piece and walked over to sih disheveled cousin. "Too bad these two didn't know about our home field advantage." eh quipped while reattaching his cousin's arm to its proper socket.
Stop reading this.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

What the Boogiefrogs had said about the late Boogiefrog Sr. were enough for Whistlefist to be let off for reason of self-defence. Under interrogation (it is very hard to lie while in the presence of a celestial police officer) they revealed that a client from Hell, most likely a demon, had contracted their boss, Nikephoros Dalton, a local crime boss, to retrieve the package sent to Whistlefist Stevenson Gumjaw and it's contents.When pressed for Dalton's whereabouts the Boogiefrogs couldn't answer, but said that three of his most loyal minions probably knew where he was. They were known by the names Bloody Alphonso, Bertrand Kneesplinterer and He Who Eats Eyes.

Seeing that he was being let loose at the police station, Whistlefist decided to show the vomit inducing magic eye poster to the officers and detectives milling about. The officers, due to their nature, were physically incapable of deciphering it while the detectives quickly gave up, complaining about sinister whispers in the backs of their minds.
Along the way Whistlefist took a look at the case files from the murders of the magic eye puzzle masters. Each of them had had their eyes removed before or after death...
-Kurt Vonnegut