(shouting)

Game of Gods: A Worldbuilding Story

...or in other words: post-whoring
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Game of Gods: A Worldbuilding Story

Post by Oddwrath »

So, do you people like godgames? Cause I do and I want to try running one.
And if you never heard of godgames, well a godgame is a game where the players are deities. It is sandbox+worldbuilding+roleplaying. Ever played Populous? That's a godgame.

Rules:
1. You can't die. You can stop manifesting if somebody or some god somehow manages to kill you. But even that can be cured by just spending 5 Divinity Points. The god who killed you, gets half of your DP.
2. Every 10 updates or so, an apocalypse will threaten the universe. Stop it and you've saved your universe for 10 more updates. Fail and the universe gets destroyed. The one thing that can kill you for good is in that apocalypse. Sure some gods, people and places can be saved, but those are minor occurrences.
3. 10 god limit at the start. Every "successful" apocalypse 5 more gods can join.
4. 10 Divinity Points at the start for everybody.
5. Sign up guide:
Name: Your gods name.
Divinity Points: The amount of points you have. The more you spend the more powerful your act is. 1 point would heal someone, 5 points would resurrect a city, 10 points would make everybody in a country immortal. Everybody generates 1 point per update.
Manifestation: Your presence in the universe. The more you have the more powerful you are in said universe and the more tied to it you become. This is also one way to "kill" a god.
Concept: The concept that your god embodies. Choose any you'd like. With reasonable limits of course: no Omni- Anything.
Description: Your gods personality, appearance, history, etc.
6. With enough Divinity Points and imagination, you can do anything as long as it is within your purview of your concept.
7. Occasionally, I will cause some event to happen to shake things up.
Sign-Ups:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
First update is when we will have a full list!
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Re: Game of Gods: A Worldbuilding Story

Post by Wolfolotl »

I would enjoy doing this

God Name: hecky [sic]
I don't really know what you'd do with the Divinity Points thing at this time
Manifestation: bootleg toys, poorly translated goods, 3.9 GPA report cards, 2nd-place metals, jokes that look good to you but work on no one else, et cetera
Concept: the god of wanting success but not quite achieving it
Description: (long!)
hecky was apparently going to be the god of the spoils of conquest but then the second part of their being smacked them in the back of the head. they never even asked for it to happen, it just kinda did. it's said they can often be seen riding somewhat awkwardly along the horizon of a sun that has risen just too much to no longer look majestic in an uglyish wagon they made themself being drawn by a heavenly blobfish. their sacred animals are the blobfish, the carrier pigeon, and the capybara; the plant most often associated with them is that one type of little potted cactus you can find at hardware stores. physically, they are described as a four-foot-tall chubby humanoid with electric lime skin, pointy little teeth, no nose, large lavendar eyes, two long curled tail-like appendages instead of hair, no genitals, and small floppy ears. they have small wings but they cannot fly with these wings, and they wear a choker of the smallest stars in the sky. hecky is just kinda resigned to their fate but still a little disappointed in themself. they're sorta chill but they can get frustrated with the way things are going sometimes. the shrines dedicated to them cross just a little too much into looking kitschy to be taken super seriously, and no painting for them by any great artist is memorable among the other, greater jewels that artist produces. despite not being seen as the most serious god, hecky is still popular among the common people for their relatability.
:nb_pride:
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Teacher, I don't get it.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

Hold on, I'm going to simplify the rules a bit and create a proper faq.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch