(shouting)

Grand Battle - Round Three: Channel Twenty-Nine

...or in other words: post-whoring
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Grand Battle - Round Three: Channel Twenty-Nine

Post by pholtos »

"Now where am I..."

Chibos was sitting in his banana boat, in a room much to large for someone of his size, but perfectly normal for an average human. The design of the room was fairly simple in terms of a dressing room, there was a desk by the wall with a mirror and bulb lights, as well as a stool, fit for average humans. None of that truly mattered to someone who couldn't be seen however. Beyond that there was a coat rack in the corner as well as the door out of the room, nothing else in the room seemed of much importance.

"It seems I'm starting to understand one thing at lea-

Oy... Ochibi... what're ya doin' taking control of mah body! I should be tha one in control now!

"It's my body, and I intend to have control of it for the time being, besides... you were the one who became exceedingly distracted upon arriving here, I simply took advantage." Chibos stated.

It happened shortly after Methuselah spoke at the end of round 2. The passing of Mato surprised Chibos greatly, but at the same time he could see that Mato had the most enemies within their small group. As the words rang aloud, Nui suddenly felt... enraged would be the closest emotion. Chibos had no clue why, but he began to understand that at that moment the "connection" between the body and the mind weakened, and so Chibos was able to regain control. He still hasn't completely gotten a grasp on how this dual mind works as of yet, but he was learning.

"So tell me, what got you so... upset upon hearing that voice?" Chibos inquired to Nui.

Aye... that voice... that blasted voice... is of the blasted witch who got me trapped in tha darn needle in the first place. I can't say fer positive that it be her, but it seemed pretty close tah it.

"Would you be willing to tell me about it?" Chibos knew Nui had no reason not to tell him his tale, seeing as they were, in fact, stuck with each other.

Aye...

Gonna split up this first bit into two separate pieces, since the story is gonna take some thought, and possibly be a bit long.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I was a young lad in me home village. The village was a fairly simple one, with plenty a things to do and every lad and lass doing their part ta help out. I was a simple fellow in his 20s, who worked as an apprentice ta the master cloth maker. I was learnin' everythin there was to know about creating cloth, from the fine intricacies of using tha needle to imbuing feeling and durability into what I was weavin. It was a tough task but I was a capable one... Time passed, seasons flew by and I was happy. Then... it happened one fateful evening.

The day had been brought to a close and the village as always gathered in tha local pub for a good time, ta celebrate another glorious day. It was then that it happened... the ground started ta shake and quake, and then... all was still. Now this sorta thing hadn't happened before, so for tha most part we were in a state a shock. We, as in meself and a couple others, nodded to each other and went out ta see what had happened.

Outside we found people we had never before seen. Some 13 beings stood in front of us, I dunno how to describe em... but they had this aura... a very strange aura, which I had never seen before. The one in front, who I guess could be the leader, stated quite clearly to us

"We come in the name of our great and noble prophet Methuselah to take over this world in her name."

Thump-Thump. Chibos' heart gave a rather large jolt. ... you all right there Chibos? What happened? "I... I don't know. I'll worry about it later. Please, continue."

All right, if you say so. Now... where was I... ah yes.

At first, we laughed. We had never heard of such a person before, and as such didn't take them serious. The concept of taking over anythin' was foreign to us, the people who had lived here for years. We knew, oh yes we knew, that there was only so much of any one thing. We knew that in order fer everyone to be able to live their life to the fullest, that we must all be willin' to work for the sake of the whole. There was no time or need ta conquer anyone else.

We shoulda taken them seriously. Our laughin' must've provoked them, for at once they drew their weapons and in a matter of moments, three of us lay on tha ground in a bloody heap. The shock of such an act still gnaws at me insides to this very day... I could feel my insides turn cold at the sudden violence in front of me, but tha' didn't matter, tha' had to wait.

Nui sighed, Chibos could tell that this story still took a toll on him to this day. But Chibos couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity. He wasn't sure why, but this tale... it felt like he had heard such a story before.

Now let's see... where was I... the next 30 minutes or so were a blur of panic, struggle and violence, one I can't really recall fully even now. Somethin' tells me me mind blocked out tha most of it. We were victorious, in the end... yes, we managed to win, despite never having fought before in our lives... but at great cost. I.. was the only survivor. I wandered about the wreckage of my once beloved village, the homes burnin'. People I just a short while ago had been spending a wonderful time with were now lying motionless. I somehow wandered back to me place o' work... and found me master sprayed out on the ground, the needle he so proudly used in his open hand.

Ya see... what ya are currently holdin' in yer hand be me ol' masters needle. It was a special needle, you see. The properties it has now it had even on that day, for the master of the cloth always gave tha' needle to his apprentice when he was abou' to move on from our world. The needle could amplify the ability to inject emotion into the cloth, and as such I could never produce quite as magnificent a cloth as he. I grasped the needle, for he could no longer use it, and wept, oh I truly did weep that day... the man I had spent countless hours with, the man I could consider me father, lay there... dead.

The last word was but a whisper, as Nui barely managed to keep his composure as he spoke his tale of grief. Chibos couldn't believe how terrible Nui's past actually was, given how he had acted up til now. "Do you... wish to stop for the time being?"

It be all right, I am almost done. Now let's see...

A day had passed since the events had unfolded. Using the needles power I managed to dig a large hole in which to bury the bodies of my once beloved friends. As I finished up the act and began to wash up at the river a voice appeared from behind me.

"I wondered what had happened. It seemed odd that I suddenly lost connection with those I had sent, and rather than send more, I figured why not go and look myself who could go against destiny..."
Methuselah herself had decided to come to me world, and discovered that I was all on me own. Suddenly I couldn't move, and had no idea why. "but I don't think it matters. What matters is you seem to be the only one left around, so something must be done to atone for your peoples mistake in going against my order of things... Let's see now.

I'm sure you can guess the rest o' the story. Methuselah somehow combined me with me masters needle, I have no idea how she had done i' but it happened so I couldn't deny it happened. Afterwards, she levitated me and brought me to tha' blasted labyrinth. She then left withou' another word.

So at that point I was alone, in a place I had never seen before, with nothing but my grief and my rage towards that woman, tha woman tha' turned my whole life upside-down. I be unsure of exactly how long it had been between me first gettin' there and you arrivin' but I eventually came ta terms with everything and in the end swore tha' if I could ever get outta there I would use whatever means necessary to reach tha' blasted witch and get me revenge on her.

That... be me story.

Figured I might as well get this out once I had thought up how his backstory would be. I never expected it to be this long.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Holy

Post by Holy »

Sed Nables looked at his seal watch.
"We're already so far behind," he said to Liggs the walrus, "I needed the arena finished thirty minutes ago!"

"And then there's the problem of the...well, the contestants..." said Liggs.
"What problem?"
"Well, see...er, Mrs. Methuselah told us they were all already here...but, well, it's such a big place, and--"
"Who're we missing?"
"Well, for one, there's s'posed to be some kind of fish..."

"Fish!?" Sed turned to Liggs. At the sound of the word, he couldn't help but let a bit of drool drip down from his mouth to the tiled floor of the hallway. He thought for a moment. Then he shook his head, "Ah, right, some sort of...battle fish, I suppose. Sharp fins, long teeth...I'm sure it's incredibly deadly, and all that. Liggs! Find this fish! And, uh..."
"Boss?"
"Well...don't try to eat it or anything. This fish is an important guest, remember? You'd, uh...be stupid to even think about eating something like that!"
Liggs sighed. "Don't worry, boss. I'm more of a clam guy myself."

"Ah. Right. Clams." Sed watched Liggs shuffle back down the hallway. "Weirdo." he muttered under his breath.

---

Miles' hair was perfect. His suit was impeccable. He flashed his winning smile into the mirror and felt himself charmed by his reflection. So why was he so nervous?

A knock on the dressing room door. Shirley burst in, grinning and looking Miles up and down.

"You look great!" she said, giving him the thumbs up, "You ready for this? My god, that hair!"
"Well, thanks, Shirley." Miles said, half-smiling, checking his hair in the mirror again. It did look good. "I guess I'm just...well...what if they don't like me out there?"
"Like you!? They'll love you!"

Shirley hopped over to the corner of the dressing room, picked up a magazine in her kangaroo paw. "Look at this. You've seen these, haven't you? You're on the cover of Celebrity Weekly. The Transdimensional Star. People (and Other Sentient Beings) Magazine! You're universally famous! Hell, you're multiversally famous!"

"I know that." said Miles. It had taken some getting used to, but he was over that. "It's more that...this is my first live show. And, you know, Shirley, how bad I am with...well, with the lines. Memorization."
"We practiced, didn't we?"
"Yes, but--"
"I know you know the lines, Miles. It's just, like, a psychological thing! You'll be fine!"
"Maybe, but--"
"Here. This'll calm you down. We'll practice, one more time. So." she hopped into a chair, "When you get on stage, I'm sitting here. And the glass is over there. So what do you do first?"
"Well, I take a sip of the water." Miles pretended to take a sip from a pretend glass.
"Right. And then what?"
"Mmmm!" said Miles, "That's some amazing water! It really gets me refreshed!"
"And then I say, 'Isn't it divine? That's Calavan's Refreshing Natural Spring Water©! It's the best water you'll ever taste! Don't drink too much or you'll feel too good!'"

Miles took a deep breath. "And then the audience is supposed to laugh." he said.
"Right."
"Is that joke really even that funny? What does that even mean? I'll feel too good? What?"
"Relax," said Shirley, "They'll laugh. They laugh at everything. And it gets the product placement out of the way."

Miles felt better now. Shirley was right. It would go perfectly, because he was perfect. And he knew the lines. He was ready.

---

Standing just behind the set, Miles could see Shirley as she took her position in the chair. He could see the studio audience, murmuring quietly, ready for the taping to begin. A crew member rushed him over to his entrance door.

You can do this, Miles, he thought to himself, It's easy. You go in, you drink the water, and then you say 'Mmmm! That's some amazing water!' It's easy!

"On in ten seconds," said the crew member.
Open the door. Go in. Drink the water. 'Mmmm! That's some amazing water!'

"You're on," said the crew member.

Miles opened the door. He stepped over to the table. He looked at the glass of water. He picked up the glass. He readied the glass to his lips.

There was a fish in the glass.

He looked at the glass again. It had a fish in it. He looked at the glass some more. He looked over at the director. The director was mouthing something to him. What was the director trying to say? He was mouthing one phrase, over and over...

Just roll with it, the director mouthed.

Miles looked back at the glass. There was a fish in the glass. Just roll with it? There's a fish in the glass! Just roll with it!? He opened his mouth. He had to say something. He opened his mouth wider. But no words came out.

Miles had forgotten all of his lines.

---

Fishy nudged the Worm with one fish fin. "Hey," blubbed Fishy. But the Worm didn't speak.

"Hey," blubbed Fishy again, "Why can't I move? For a while there, I could move just by thinking about it! What happened? What'd you do with my bowl? Hey, Worm, why are we here? What's going on?"

"Quiet," said the Worm, "I'm thinking."
Fishy stared at the Worm. "You know," blubbed Fishy, "Usually worms don't talk to fish like that. Usually fishes eat worms."
"You wouldn't," said the Worm. Then it twisted around in anger. "Augh! That damned Rusto! How could he!?"
"Who? What?"
"He killed our master," said the Worm, "Slaughtered The Priest, without a second thought. Without any mercy!"

Fishy thought back to the final moments in the cave. The whole thing had been a blur to him, as though he had simply skimmed through a few pages of a forum thread without stopping to read every detail. "Our master?"

"Yes, Fishy! Remember? They were going to make you a god, and bring me back to my former glory..."
"Oh! Yes! They fed me. Good stuff, too."
"Yes, you were fed. And you would have been fed so much more, Fishy! Knowledge! Admiration! All the fish food you could ever have imagined! And it was all cut short...by...him."
Fishy thought back to Mato's food. "It really was some good grub," blubbed Fishy.

The Worm thought. And thought some more. It thought as hard as it could, and then it got an idea.

"Fishy," said the Worm, "I'm going to try something. An idea. A theory. Just...stay in the glass, alright?"
The Worm started to convulse. It twisted and turned, and spun all around in every direction. It muttered under its breath and it thought back to everything it had ever learned from Mato. It began to chant.

---

The audience waited expectantly. They were ready to laugh. Anything Miles said that was even remotely funny would send the audience into tears. Guffaws would ricochet across the room in every direction. But Miles couldn't think of a single thing to say.

Suddenly, he began to hear it. Some sort of chanting. Soft at first, but now it grew louder and louder. Was it coming from the fish? No, but now when he looked at the fish Miles felt himself relax. His shoulders unstiffened. His teeth unclenched. It really was a nice looking fish, wasn't it?
Miles looked closer. The orange scales glinted beautifully under the stage lights. The dark, beady fish eyes seemed open and inviting.

What does it all really matter? thought Miles, I forgot my lines. So what? All I need...All I really ever needed...was this fish.

Fishy... the name came to him from a voice unknown. Fishy...is life.

"Fishy...is life." Miles repeated.

"What was that, darling?" said Shirley from across the room. She waited expectantly for the first line.
Miles looked at her and held up the glass. "What a marvelous fish!" he said, "What a simply wonderful fish!"
"What are you doing!" Shirley hissed in a whisper.
"What am I doing?" Miles flashed his winning smile, "Why, what else would I be doing? I'm simply showing our wonderful studio audience how fantastic this fish is. Fishy, I think he's called. Isn't he divine?"
"Miles!" Shirley hissed.
"Take a look, darling!" said Miles, bringing the glass over to her, "Look into his eyes, won't you? You'll agree, I'm sure of it. You'll agree that Fishy is simply the best."

Shirley looked into the glass. Fishy swam around inside. Her anger and impatience fell away.
"Why...you're right, darling!" She exclaimed, "He's amazing! He's...he's our savior! This fish...this fish will lead us to salvation! I'm sure of it!"

"Salvation!" Miles repeated, "Come on now, all of you in the audience! Look at this fish! Look at Fishy! Look upon our savior, our protector, our guiding light!"
"Fishy!" Someone in the audience yelled. It turned into a chant. "Fishy! Fishy! Fishy!"
"I want the producer on the phone, now," the director was saying, "We've got to get this to air immediately. We've got to show the world the light! We'll show every damn universe how lost they really are without our savior to guide them!"

"Fishy! Fishy! Fishy!"

And Fishy had already begun to grow.

apologies for the longness, pointlessness, and dumbness of this thing, haha. I hope it makes sense
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Rusto dressed up in clothes that looked somewhat similar to clothes one would see in Lynd, comfortable enough but maybe a smidge too theatrical than he would have preferred, but beggars can't be choosers and he was in a hurry. An assistant, who had the appearance of a large floating eyeball with a single humanoid arm dangling underneath, suggested changing the mask for a cleaner one, but a single look at his unmasked face brought him(?) to the conclusion that the longer he went without unmasking, the better.

"Is it true that you are ready?" Came a question from behind Rusto. He turned around and immediately drew his rapier when he saw what had spoken the question. It looked like a person with mechanical components bolted on at various places, such as an eyeless headpiece of red metal with two hornlike antennae that covered the top of it's head and a pair of elephantine piston-legs. It was a long time since Rusto had seen one without a human disguise.
A Devil.
An agent of Absolute Order.

"Repentance!" The devil cried as it threw it's hands up. "I am understanding of the reason you might be acting in that way. I wish to make clear to you the fact that I am not part of ######## (the devil let out a clear, sharp note) any longer. Television Channel number Twenty-Nine has expressed to me the wrongness of not having an identity. My identity name is now John."
Rusto didn't sheath his blade, but he did let John lead him away from the changing room. Seeing the repentant devil reminded him of Mato's plan of summoning Absolute Order to help take down Methuselah. He had gathered that this "broadcast" would be similar to a theater performance that could be watched by a worldwide audience by means of technology similar to radio that had come into wide use fairly recently in Lynd. A plan started forming in Rusto's mind. He started scribbling sigils into his notebook for later use. The audience would see them in due time, though they likely wouldn't understand the significance of them until it was too late...
---
"Have you heard of this new show that's coming up?"
"What, that "Grand Battle" thing?"
"Yeah, I think it looks like it could be interesting."
"Well, I think it's just another piece of reality-tv crap. They've really hit rock bottom."
"C'mon, it's six people from all over the multiverse going at each other in a goddamn deathmatch! I mean, even you have to admit that does sound awesome!"
"Sounds more like a sad ratings grab to me. I mean look at that skull face guy: 'Freedom fighter who uses throwing knives, has a cape and a hat and wears a white mask'? Yeah, real original! I bet you good money they grabbed him purely because that movie sold all those masks all those protestors in the news were wearing."
"I think they all look pretty interesting. Look at that floating banana boat, the living bottle of tabasco-"
"That one's so obviously a product placement! I haven't heard of the brand though, so they must have sunk all their money on that sponsorship deal. Waste of money, I say! And that 'invisible mini-giant in a floating banana boat'? They must have figured out the folks on the internet are all about that lolrandom humor crap."
"That girl with the scooter seemed normal enough."
"That's what they always do with these 'reality' shows. They always get a few 'normal' folks in for the majority of the audience to identify with. Same with that so-called 'orc'. They must have barely dodged a lawsuit with that one."
"But that fish, man! Don't tell me that fish wasn't the awesomest thing ever!"
"--- Yeah, I guess you're right about that one. I think I'll watch it, just for that."
I couldn't think of a good color for John the Devil's text.
Anyway, Rusto is planning something involving sigils and TV. Also two random viewers discuss an upcoming show.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

When Twre stepped out of the changing room, he was back to looking as professional as usual. His hair was well-combed, he had fresh, clean clothes on (though he had to admit they were rather stuffy compared to what he usually wore), and of course there was no more five-o'-clock shadow--somehow he found an electric razor in the midst of getting ready. Sadly, he couldn't do anything about the blisters; those were the only reminders of the labyrinth that no simple freshening could get rid of.

As he looked around the hall to see where Rusto had gone, he heard a familiar voice.
"Ughhhh...stupid TV executives and their idiot decisions..." Twre turned around and saw Dot moping about...in what were certainly not the clothes she usually wore. Rather, she found herself forced to wear a rainbow polka-dotted blouse, a striped knee-length skirt and a bow in her hair. The only accessory she was allowed to keep was the key on her neck. Next to her was her scooter, and peeking out of its trunk were her package and...his briefcase?

Twre called out to her. "Dot? Is that you?"

At that, Dot immediately saw the orc regard her new unwanted clothes. She was speechless.
Oh, crap. If I have to explain this to him... She shuddered at the mere thought of looking like she was ripped out of a vintage ad for scooters.

Twre, however, had more pressing issues on his mind. He pointed toward the back of the scooter and explained, "Well, first of all, I think that's my briefcase. Could I please have it back?" Dot, surprised he wasn't immediately asking about the wardrobe, took the briefcase out of the trunk and handed it to him. He immediately unlocked and opened it, caring little about its slightly scuffled state. This time, however, inside was a single flier in a language he couldn't read but assumed was the same as on the changing room sign. Okay, now there's something in my briefcase. It's not any of my work supplies, but I guess it's something. Closing and locking the briefcase, he then turned toward Dot and asked the other question on his mind. "Thank you. Second of all, what did they do to your clothes?"

Dot had hoped Twre wouldn't ask after all. As it stood, however, she found herself needing to explain the situation.
"The people in charge said those clothes didn't fit their concept of a 'scooter girl' well. True, the clothes were completely dirty after what I went through at the Labyrinth of Infinite Falls, but that can't be an excuse to shove me into something they thought would be appropriate for a girl who rides a scooter every day." She sighed and covered her face with her hands, wishing she could use her newly-learned spells to burn the costume. "I bet they completely missed the part where I was riding that scooter for work!"

Twre tried to console her frustration. "Yeah, I get what you mean. Still, they certainly had worse where I was just now."

"Wait, really?" Shock filled Dot's eyes upon learning of even gaudier clothes. Did they even care about good taste at that point?

"When I first got here, there was this cheap pekubaoa costume that Zunushuyum had on..." Realizing that he was about to lose Dot with terms only he would get, Twre clarified, "Well, I mean 'this cheap mer-catfolk costume my no-good drunkard genie ally had on'--"

"Wait, since when did you get a genie companion?" Dot became curious as to what befell her fellow companions. She had only met them relatively late within the labyrinth and felt she missed out on plenty.

"Ever since I found this back at the labyrinth." He showed her the titanium band on his arm. "He's incredibly bad at his job, though. Not only does he misinterpret several wishes, but he also tries to make people as drunk as he is."

Drunk? Dot thought back to the time when Twre tackled Mato while thinking they were his "Daaa'"."So, wait, that random behavior when you held onto that dreaded warrior-priest for dear life while crying..."

"...was his fault," Twre finished. Then, deciding he needed to turn the conversation away from such an embarrassing moment, he asked Dot something else on his mind. "Anyway, you wouldn't happen to have seen Rusto around, have you?"

---

Meanwhile, in the lush paradise planet of Hemyara, all was not well with Menghamgin. The last time she was with her lover was ages ago, well before the invasion happened. Ever since, she had always felt lonely. No other friends she made--well-meaning and nice as they were--could compare to him, and she still remembered the pain of their forced separation. Now, as she sat in the dining room of her beach house, she still thought of the lovely times they spent together.

Deciding that she needed to do something to put her mind off of the issue, she took out the day's paper and read the headlines. "STRAY KITTEN FOUND IN COCONUT TREE," "TOURISM REACHES CAP FOR FIFTIETH DAY IN A ROW," "FOURTEENTH ANNUAL WAKALAWI COOK-OFF INTERRUPTED BY MYSTERIOUS EXTRATERRESTRIAL SIGHTING," those sorts of stories. She had to admit that Hemyara was a sort of hell for news reporters who didn't find good enough material on other, less relaxing planets. Still, what passed for news here was some solace at least.
She then flipped over the paper to see the government-mandated Style section. There, she saw a blurb that attracted both her attention and her wariness: "BRAND NEW REALITY TV: Come see six beings from different dimensions fight to the death in the hit new TV series 'Grand Battle'! More on page G7."

A fight to the death? How do they make a TV show about that? With little hesitation, she flipped over to the indicated page and read the synopsis. "GRAND BATTLE: A group of six contestants from all over the multiverse duke it out in a deadly battle for the chance to win the wish of a lifetime! Don't miss this exciting contest of murder and mayhem! Starts tonight at 7 MT/10 GT." Below was a list of names, presumably of the contestants. She read off each one, wondering what they could possibly have in common. Dot "The Scooter Girl" Smith. Rusto "The Scoundrelous". Tobasco "The Fastest Bottle of Hot Sauce Alive". Chibos "The Chibi-Giant". The "legendary work-and-play tag team" of Tẃre [sic] Egelmath and his genie Zunushuyum. Our Lord and Savior Himself--

She paused...and read the penultimate contestant duo's names again. Some person whose name she couldn't pronounce...and Zunushuyum?! What was he of all people doing there? Surely this must be a mistake... But no, there was a black-and-white photo off to the side of the text and it indeed showed seven beings standing side by side in a photo op. A girl in a frilly dress who looked rather uncomfortable with herself. A masked man who looked rather dangerous. A messy bottle of hot sauce upon a stool. A floating banana boat. A six-fingered businessman with a briefcase, also uncomfortable. And right there, next to a goldfish who looked rather unusually large, was her lover.

But...he was no longer the refined man he once was. No, from the looks of his messy robe and that bottle he held, he had taken to drinking. Disgusted, she wondered how such a charming man like him could have fallen so far. But as she gazed sadly into his eyes, she swore she could have seen something off to his side. A sort of glowing purple sigil in the back, which looked like a group of lines and circles that vaguely looked like some sort of number. And as she looked closer, she made out what number it was.

All of a sudden, it came back to her with a vengeance. The pain. The suffering. The disciples destroying her homeland and forcefully taking her treasured man away from her, all in the name of their prophet. And it was no major feat of logic to realize what the conqueror had done to poor Zunush.

She gritted her teeth and dug her nails into her ethereal flesh. "...That hag."

And so a new subplot begins as news of the show spreads.

To think I'd have gone this long without writing anything for this (though waiting for Holy to do something might have had an influence on that.) Still, it's good to be back in action!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Chibos was shocked at what he had heard. This Methuselah woman was much more dangerous than he ever realized.
So now ya know. With tha' in mind give me back control so I can get me chance to reach that woman again.
Now hold on, Nui. I believe we can reach an agreement, here.
An agreement? Hah, why would I ever want to consider teamin' up with you?

Well... partially because we're stuck in the same body, but beyond that I sympathize with your plight. You weren't here for the start of this mess, but when Methuselah brought us all together she explained the rules of this competition, and the winner apparently gets whatever they want. Now from the start I wasn't interested in going along with this, simply due to my pacifistic nature. But as this battle has gone on something has been happening within me, memories of a long forgotten past are mending themselves and confusing me, and if I continue in this battle without falling, it's likely I will learn who I truly am. That had been my goal.
Well that's all fine and dandy but you could easily do tha' from within, and leave me in control.

Now now Nui I wasn't finished. As I said that had been my goal. However, your story has made me rethink my goals. I'm willing to assist you, for however much that's worth, in helping you in achieving whatever it is you wish to accomplish by meeting with Methuselah once again. I won't even stop you from trying to seek revenge, if you really must. Look at it this way, if we combine our strengths, we are more likely to reach the end than to be fighting one another for control.

. . .
and how do ya suppose we work together when we're two separate minds?

Well... we could swap off every few hours for instance. Also, I am surely more adept with the markers than you, and you are certainly more adept with the needle than me. We could in theory switch depending on the current circumstance. However, this won't be possible if we both don't have complete trust in each other to not try to just remain in control. The better our coordination, the stronger we will be and the more likely we will be to survive this madness.

. . .
Give me a lil while ta think this over. You may be right but I... need some time.

A sudden knock could be heard from the door of the room. The door opened to reveal a strangely dressed seal.
"Uhh... excuse me, are you in here... Mr... Chibos?"
"I am over here, in the boat." The seal approached and peered into the banana boat.
"You really are invisible, huh. Well we can't have that! The viewers need to see the competitors, it wouldn't be right to have one run about unseen!"
"Uhh... viewers? I don't really think there's much you can do about my invisibili-"
"Now now now you really mustn't underestimate the multiverse."
With that the seal pulled out what looked to be... a paint bucket? "You have got to be kidding me. I am not being dumped into a bucket of pai-" Chibos was once again cut off as the seal start grabbing around the boat in search of him.
"Ah-ha! Gotcha!"
Completely smothered inside the flipper of the seel, Chibos was raised above the closed "paint" bucket, which was opened to reveal an oddly glowing liquid.
"Now you haven't a thing to worry about. This stuff is completely safe, it'll just give you a glow that'll last for a while! This was the solution we at the studio came up with, and seeing as you are under contract, there's no getting out of it!"
Chibos was completely submerged against his will into the bucket of "paint" and after being pulled back out was surprised to find himself basically unchanged from how he was before, with the exception of now releasing a strange green glow.
"See? Completely safe, and you won't even feel any different as a result. As I said all it does is solve your invisibility issue, and don't worry, that stuff will fade on it's own in time. Well then, you finish getting yourself ready and then give a little knock and we'll come and get you. Ta ta!"

With that the seal left the room, leaving Chibos slightly annoyed but otherwise none the worse of the experience.
I gave it a thought Ochibi... all right. You've get yerself a deal. I'll work with ya.

I wanted to do two things in this update. One was simply to get Nui and Chibos to stop fighting each other, and two was to figure out how the TV people were going to possibly make Chibos more presentable. I think I found a... unique solution to that second one.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Wherever Dot was, it was bright. She could tell that by the slight amount of light that snuck through her eyelids, giving a hint of red to her vision. Slowly, she tried to open her eyes, only to snap them shut again. Nope, definitely too bright. Afterimages of lightbulbs swam across her eyes.

Giving up on that idea, she decided to just stay were she rested, slumped over on some kind of desk. The room she was in was silent, save for the distant whir of an air conditioner, making the room just slightly too cold. A citrusy scent, backed by something harsher, rose from the desk underneath her, as though it had been cleaned just recently.

Dot sighed, shifting in position slightly. It was nice to have a moment to rest, and the small amount of sleep she had managed to steal had let her make a start on learning from that magic tome, but all this slumping on desks and counters was rather uncomfortable. Still, she wasn't tempted to move at the moment.

Dot's train of thought was interrupted by the creak of a door behind her, followed by a shuffling sound, and a voice, loud, high-pitched, and right by her ear.

"Excuse me-"

"Aaah!!" Dot leapt out of the chair in surprise. She spun around, backing up against the desk, to find what appeared to be a penguin, wearing a startlingly bright suit and a beaming smile.

"Hello, hi!" The penguin spoke, much more loudly than their diminutive size would suggest. "Good to see you're awake! Good! You must be..." The penguin squinted at the clipboard they held in their flipper. "Ms Eudocia Domitilla... ah, Marce-"

Dot's expression quickly changed from bemusement to annoyance. "J-just Dot will do!"

"Ms Dot!" The penguin looked back up from the clipboard, their face returning to a broad grin. "Yes! Good! My name is Enny!" Before Dot could react, the penguin had rushed forward to grab her hand. "Nice to meet you! Good!" Enny exclaimed, vigourously shaking Dot's hand.

"But anyway!" Letting go of Dot's hand, Enny jumped onto the desk beside her. "You are appearing on TV soon! A series called 'Grand Battle'! Exciting!"

"Huh? TV? What are you talki-"

Dot was cut off as Enny tugged at the sleeve of her shirt.
"Oh, but these clothes! Terrible! We must find you something better!" The penguin jumped off of the desk, tottered across the floor, and began rummaging through outfits in a nearby wardrobe. "I'll find you something better! Much more suitable for a scooter girl like yourself!"

"...Scooter girl?"

"Of course! You're the scooter girl! Says so right in your profile!" Without looking away from the wardrobe, Enny waved a flipper vaguely around the room. "Your scooter's by the door! Terrible condition! I'll get someone to fix it!"

"No no no, it's fine." Dot walked over to where the scooter, leaning against the wall by the door. It looked as beat-up as ever, but Dot was pretty sure any repair attempts would be futile. Everything else was as it should be as well, having made it out of the Labyrinth.

"Aha!" Enny gave a triumphant yell. "Perfect! Yes! You will wear this!" The penguin shuffled over towards Dot. In its flippers, as well as dragging along the floor behind it, were a knee-length skirt striped black and white, a polka-dotted blouse, and a large bow. "It's perfect, yes?"

"Uh..." Dot swallowed. The idea of wearing that kind of ridiculous outfit was not a pleasant one. "Maybe I can just keep these clothes...?"

"No! They're much too unsuitable! And filthy! You will wear these!"

"Well, these are my work clothes, so I usually-"

"You will wear these!" Glancing at a clock on the wall, Enny seemed to panic suddenly. "Hurry! Put them on! Get to the studio!" Throwing the clothes towards Dot, the penguin dashed out of the door.

Left alone in what she now recognized as a dressing room, Dot sat back down by the desk, and looked in the mirror hanging on the wall above it. While she was surprisingly unharmed, save for the already-fading bruise on her arm, she certainly looked dishevelled; her hair was an unkempt mass underneath a now rather tattered cap, and her damp clothes were beginning to fray and tear at the edges.

Sighing, Dot picked up the clothes from the floor where the penguin had thrown them.

A few minutes later, now dressed in what Enny had picked out for her, Dot timidly stepped through the door of the dressing room, and out into the hallway. Picking a direction at random, she pushed her scooter towards what was hopefully the studio where she needed to be. As she passed who she assumed were employees of the studio, she glanced towards the floor, grumbling under her breath and feeling her cheeks burn with embarrassment.

Looking back up again, she noticed a familiar figure exiting a door further up the hallway. "Hey!" she called. "Hey, Rusto-"

Dot caught herself and stopped shouting. Did she really want anyone to see her in her current outfit? Rusto seemed not to notice her, a strode down the hall away from her.

"Ughhhh..." Dot grumbled, giving the scooter a slight kick in annoyance. "Stupid TV executives and their idiot decisions..." She noticed another familiar figure, who this time addressed her.

"Dot? Is that you?"

This is only, like, half of what I wanted to write, but I figured I may as well put it up anyway.
Also, the one-year anniversary of this thread quietly passed about three weeks ago, so how 'bout that.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

Rusto was becoming aware of some of the shortcomings of his costume as he followed behind John the devil. There were no pockets, for one, just a scabbard for his rapier and a pouch just small enough to hold his notebook and pen. The length of his cape bordered on impractical and he felt like he was at constant peril of tripping on it. At least they had allowed him to keep the two sleeve sheaths for his knives.
He had some trouble coming to terms with the sheer amount of different species of beings that roamed the lot, a surprising majority of them arctic animals dressed in clothes that mimed human ones: penguins, seals, walruses, even one white whale trundling down a corridor with some sort of many-legged mechanism.

As they approached the studio, a troupe of creatures, some humanoid, some less so, dressed in white uniforms passed them by, running and shouting something about a "Code Nightmare Light". Some of them carried weapons.
"What's that all about?" Rusto asked John.

"Repentance, male human of honor, it is not true that I know of what the cause of unrest over there is about. I would implore that you would enter inside this studio, but would also prevent your self from entering inside the set, which has not yet been made ready for presentation to the watchers of television and other means of-"
"Yes, yes, I quite get the idea!" Rusto had no patience for the devil's bizarre speech pattern. At least the ones in Lynd bothered to learn to speak like actual people!

Rusto immediately went to the door to the set itself, across the empty studio. After checking that the route was clear he stepped inside.
No expenses were spared with the set, that much he could say as he stealthily made his way between props that he was sure would pass for a ruined tower surrounded by forest at nighttime. He evaded the crew (consisting of three truly large men, one with three heads, one with a single eye and one with four arms) working hard on setting it all up for presentation and managed to grab an unsupervised can of black paint and a brush.
Rusto then returned to an area of the set that seemed to be ready and unwatched. He located some prominent looking props and set to work vandalizing some of them with sigils, while he had the time...

He managed to slip back in time to sit down and see Dot and Twre enter, along with his genie. They both seemed to be dressed in a more proper attire (though the skirt on Dot's costume could do with being a bit longer) and the genie seemed to be dressed as... Some kind of... mer... cat... man?

A moment later a familiar looking banana boat entered as well, although this time it had a visible occupant. He didn't look like what Rusto thought a "chibi giant" would look like, though he wasn't really sure what one should look like...

This was born more from a sense that I should write something than from anything else. It's not my finest work. Some notes:
  • Rusto's costume is basically the same as V from V For Vendetta, but with a skull mask
  • I considered using "Code Brown Light" as a variation of "Brown Note", but it felt silly sounding
  • Maybe don't write while you're dead tired?
[/spoiler]
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
sedron
im proud of you kid

Post by sedron »

Left. Right. Left.

Tobasco flung itself through hallway after hallway at a blazing speed. There was a thunderous commotion coming from somewhere behind it. The hot sauce could hear something like troops mobilizing. The bear was sending something after it, and Tobasco knew better than to stick around and fight out what that was.

It took a sharp right into a stairwell, went down to the next floor, and bolted into another hallway. Tobasco dodged every which way to avoid stage crew and other workers, but ended up crashing straight through a large window pane a couple of employees happened to be carrying through the hall.

Of course, fleeing was a natural act for the bottle at this point. That said, it was really looking for a moment to rest, and reflect a bit on its current situation. After all, it was only moments earlier locked in battle with a ferocious, gargantuan beast in the labyrinth before Methuselah whisked them all away to this television studio. Tobasco was tired, as much as a bottle of hot sauce can be tired.

The spicy sauce took another turn down a flight of stairs, and found itself in what appeared to be a monorail station. It weaved between dozens of passerby and jumped into a monorail car just as the doors began to close. Thankfully, it didn't seem that anybody noticed the small bottle. Tobasco carefully positioned itself under a bench, behind a passenger's luggage.

"Thank you for enjoying Channel 29's Luxury Monorail Transportation System," a young woman's voice rang through the intercom. "We will be arriving at-"

"SECTOR 2: COOKING AND REALITY SHOW SETS," another, much deeper voice bellowed.

"-in about 5 minutes. Please remember the rules of the Monorail. Don't be an ass. Thank you, and have a great day!"

Seconds later, Tobasco felt the car take off. It sped through a dark tunnel, and quickly exited out to a deep expanse of space and stars. A colossal Channel 29 neon logo lit up the front of what appeared to be a huge space station. Several monorail cars were visible darting from one section of the station to another. Atop the station was what looked like a comically large satellite dish. Tobasco briefly wondered if this television station was somehow larger than the labyrinth.

... Mato was dead. It just hit the bottle. On one hand, it felt like justice. On the other hand, Methuselah was one step closer to... whatever it was she was working towards. Tobasco so badly wanted to do something to stop her... but what?

It contemplated its options as it watched the stars. After a few minutes, the car entered another part of the station.

"Thank you for riding with us today!" the girl's voice chirped. "We hope to see you again soon!"

Tobasco slid out of the car as soon as the doors opened, and hid behind a potted plant. It could hear a low rumbling. Did they know Tobasco was here?

It peeked out from behind the plant and saw... a bottle of honey mustard sliding down the hall? Tobasco was confused. Since when do bottles of honey mustard move on their own?
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Wait wha-... why're ya glowin?

There was a hint of amusement in Nui's voice. It seemed that, while Nui was deep in thought about Chibos' proposal, that he had no clue as to what was going on outside. Long story, do not worry about it. We have an agreement to work together?

Aye. There are actually some advantages ta having two people in one mind. You've already mentioned one, that both of us have different strengths, and as such can use those strengths better than the other. There's more than that though. If somehow, you or I get klonked on tha head and knocked out er somethin', tha other can take over. Tha's why ya regained control when we were warped over to this place, I was so distracted by tha' voice that you just slipped back inta control withou' even doin' anythin. There be more advantages but they aren' that important right now. For now I need ta teach ya how ta switch minds. It's a lil difficult but you should be able ta pull it off fairly easily.

Now the key to switchin' minds is naturally all in tha mind. You need to feel out the other person's consciousness and shift with them. Try to feel out my consciousness now.

So suddenly? Oh very well. Let's see... Chibos closed his eyes and focused on his mind. This... is tougher than you make it out to be. All I'm getting is memories at this point, got any tips?

Wait, how're ya no' able to find me? Yer talkin' to me aren't ya? Just find where me voice is coming from!

Chibos again searched his mind, this time just for where he believed Nui to be located. "Hmm?" All of a sudden he noticed an odd feeling in the back of his mind. "Is that... you?"

If ya've believed you've located me, attempt to switch positions. Although tha' won't help ya too much... hmm... Try creatin' an arm with yer mind and have it reach out and pull on me. Tha' could work.

Chibos did as instructed. He reached out once again towards what he believed to be the other conscience. He was getting closer... closer...

"Hello~!" Sed Nables burst into the room suddenly, completely ruining Chibos attempt. "Sorry to bother you but you've been in here for a lot longer than I anticipated and we really must get you to the set!"

Tha' Seal has impeccable timin'. Ah well, I know you were gettin' there and it's not so easily learning something new that is truly mental in nature when ya've never done somethin' like that before. For the time bein' that's enough.

Chibos nodded. "All right, where am I going?"

Figured I'd finish up the "Chibos and Nui talk together for a while" hour so I can finally meet up with the other contestants and I also wanted to get this thing going again. At this point I'll be leaving the room and such. I'll probably have Nui switch at one point and use that as "Chibos learns where in the mind he is before the switch and where in the mind he is after the switch" and from there can actually learn it properly.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

As he left the chibi-giant's dressing room waiting for him to get ready for the set, Sed summarized to himself the newest show's current state of affairs. Already, there were delays upon delays just to get the actors together. True, he and his associates found (and presumably cleaned up) four of them already, but the other two were an enigma. There was that fish Liggs mentioned, the one that nagged at his seal-like instincts. He had to keep reminding himself it was not meant to be eaten even if it lost a round. But what about that sixth contestant?

His imagination went wild as he theorized who the final contestant could be.
Man, that guy must be something else entirely. I bet he's got some unique features to set himself apart from the others. Maybe he's a telekinetic robot who murdered his creators and became a mercenary for hire...No, that can't be it. It'd be hard to supress his aggressive instincts. What about...a living fortress of steel? ...Oh, no, no,no, that would be far too big for the set. Okay, I gotta think smaller than that. Maybe...a six-armed bear with rocket launchers for each arm! He paused and slapped his flipper over his face. Ohhh, Sed, you're starting to freak out over the delays and the missing contestants. I can only hope the ones we do have are cooperative enough for even one episode! Defeated by the realities of production, he decided to check up on the other contestants he met.

He did not need to travel far, for as he rounded the corner he saw the orc businessman and the scooter girl--Enny had briefed him on her earlier--casually chatting with each other.
"Ah, there you are! Mr. Egelmath and..." He then noticed the masked man was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Mr. Rusto?"

"That's...a good question, actually." Despite having been in the same room as the resistance leader until recently, Rusto somehow disappeared from his view while in the midst of changing their clothes. He must have been a stealthy leader, he reasoned.

On the other hand, Dot had at least a guess.
"Oh, Rusto? I saw him head down the hall--to the studio, I guess. I'd have called for him, except..." She immediately pointed to her new clothes. "Well, this is the last thing I think of that looks like proper 'scooter girl' attire."

"Ah, yes, it's not the most comfortable of clothing," Sed argued, "But this is what the public expects when they think of a 'scooter girl', and we can't deny them that! ...Okay, we could, but we'd get angry letters and riots in bulk for that." Dot sighed, dismayed about the audience pandering involved in the decision. Just then, Sed continued, "Oh, but why am I talking? We simply must get you on set as soon as possible! Mr. Rusto was smart to head there right after he was finished getting ready. Here, let me show you to the studio--"

"Oh, no need--hic!--for that!" Twre groaned as Zunushuyum appeared behind the three of them, still in the Tapanako costume. He now had in his hands an atlas of the entire Channel 29 complex, conveniently open on the map of Sector 2: Cooking and Reality Show Sets. Dot was bemused by his appearance; despite the robes and his skin tone--an even more unusual blue than Twre's--he looked far more like a beggar than a powerful genie. Yet before she could say a word the genie continued, "I found a copy of--hic!--thish directory in a dresshing room drawer! I'll jush' take my mashter and thish fine lady to the shtudio for you! Hic!"

"Er, are you sure about that, Mr. Zunushuyum? You don't seem the type to be able to--"

Zunushuyum simply smiled at the seal. "Trusht me, shir, as a zhenie I can shtill shee clearly--hic!--despite my fondnessh of liquor! And beshidesh, there were shish conteshtantsh thish round, right?"

"Oh, yes, there's you and Mr. Egelmath, Miss Smith, Mr. Rusto--very particular about his name, that guy--Mr. Chibos, and I believe there were two others..." Then a thought occured to him. He checked his watch. For some inexplicable reason, fifteen whole minutes had passed even though he swore he only talked with the contestants for two. Then he realized that the chibi-giant was still in the dressing room. "Oh dear, time sure does fly! Mr. Zunushuyum, if you're as good with your eyes as you claim I'll let you lead the others to the studio after all. I've got another contestant waiting at a dressing room and I simply cannot afford another delay! Well then, I'll see you all at the studio!" And without haste, Sed started to head back to the dressing room he had left a quarter of...no, five minutes...no, a quarter of an hour ago.

"All righty then--hic!--we'll shee you later too!" As the trio went off to the studio, the genie turned to the businessman and whispered, "Shay, that'sh a fine lady if I do shay myshelf! Hic! What'sh her name?" And as Sed turned back around the corner, he could faintly hear the businessman dryly replying, "Zunushuyum, this is Dot Smith, and she's a courier. Dot, this is that drunken genie I was...", before his voice was drowned out by an announcement of "Code Nightmare Light".

Thought I'd write about Sed checking up with the others in between Pholtos's posts since I'm still finding a good angle to get in a conversation with Rusto on set. I'd have written a bit more, especially about Code Nightmare Light, but it's almost 1 AM as I write this so I definitely need sleep. Looking forward to writing more soon!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

"Sir! We've found them." Sed was pleased to find a couple of attendants approach, apparently breathing hard. One of them was carrying a writhing and he could almost believe, irritated bottle of sauce, while the other was carrying an odd fish bowl with a delectably large fish inside it.

"Ah good, good! Excellent! It's about time, the program is going to begin soon and we can't be having any more delays." Sed smiled but at the same time was equally confused. This? This is the last contestant? A bottle of tabasco sauce? Sed really shouldn't have been surprised at this next turn of events but even he couldn't believe there was a world where the condiments were alive. "Uhh... right, get them to the set so we can finish prepping everyone.

Chibos and the rest of those who had been brought along to this place were being told to wait. Twre was still introducing the genie Zunushuyum to Dot, who was shifting uncomfortably in clothes that she was still unaccustomed to. Rusto, meanwhile, seemed to be staring quite hard at his notebook with a scrunched look of concentration on his face.

Oy Ochibi, we've got a bit of time it seems, can ya try to figure out where I am in yer mind while we wait?

Chibos thought that Nui had a point. He might as well take this time to gain something rather than just let time pass. It felt as though he was getting a better idea of where Nui was at this point, but was not 100% certain.

10 minutes later Sed came in carrying the two remaining members of their group. "Ah here we are, at last." Sed was pleased to see that no one slipped away while he had been gone. "Excellent, excellent. Now then, I have one last thing to give all of you." Sed proceeded to hold up 6 bands of various sizes and materials.

"This is a locator band, specifically designed for each of you. The band will not come off once it's attached. It will help us keep an eye on all of you, it'd be troublesome if one or more of you slipped away and we couldn't locate you!" Sed's eyes shifted over to the bottle that had evaded them for quite some time. "And don't you worry, once you leave this place, the band will dissolve, it's specifically designed to only work on this station."

Sed went around and attached each of the bands to each of the contestants, much to the annoyance of some. Three of the bands were of similar design and size, given to Dot, Twre and Rusto. After confirming they were put on, Sed moved over to Chibos, grabbing the smallest of bands and handing it to him. Once that band was confirmed on, he went over and put the band for Tobasco around the bottles neck area, and finally moved on to Fishy.

"I've got a special band for you, Fishy. Specifically made for underwater seafolk. Now let's see here, if you stay still and let me put this on you, I've got some yummy food for you~"

"Food?!?" Fishy was delighted. He hadn't gotten much in terms of food for a while.

By the time Sed finally gotten the last band on and confirmed they all worked as intended, the deadline for starting was fast approaching. "Oh dear! Look at the time, all right you all, get out there, it's about time to begin!"

Chibos and the others were then shuffled out onto a stage, directed at where to go, and were nearly blinded by the sudden turning on of stage lights from high above.

Ok that was an adventure to write.

So I wanted to finally get everyone together again. I did not go into detail about how they found Tobasco, I'll leave that up to Sedron.
The band idea came after two revisions, the first idea was to use clear tape but then I realized the it'd be hard to put clear tape on a fish... in water. Second idea was the use of capsules but then I realized it wouldn't really work with Tobasco so in the end I went with a band.
(Hope you all don't mind me doing this, thought it'd make sense given how some of these chars would require quite the reaction time to follow.)

I wanted to do introductions by an announcer and a "start" or "go" type of thing but my main goal with this was to get everything going again.

I also wasn't sure about whether this would be a live event or not.

In the end I hope this help someone else get an idea of what to do next going, as I could see this being sort of an awkward spot to write about.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

"Have you located the entity?"
"Negative sir, it went backstage during recess and we haven't so far been able to locate it. We've put in a request for a search, but everyone's busy with the, uh, audience."
"Poor bastards. They look about ready to start offering sacrifices to that thing. Just think what might've happened if we didn't cut the feed. Or worse, if the audience were larger! Thank the Architect it was just an infomercial... I swear, deifics are the worst!"
"Sir! Reports say that the head of security and the management have both called in, uhm, a Knight from the, uh, 'Order of The Holy Self'..."
"Oh damnit all, this just keeps getting messier... just... just make sure they don't get within sight of each other. We do not need another damn celestial mess here!"
"...sir?"
"What!?"
"We've found a lead on the entity. You're not going to like this..."
---
"Hey, Byrney? You remember these... doodles being there before?"
"Nah, must've been done while we was busy elsewhere."
"Should we... do something about 'em?"
"Eh, not feeling like it."
"I don't know, I feel... something's weird with 'em... kinda like magic, y'know?"
"It could be some new special thing added at the last second. Better just let 'em be and pretend we didn't see nothing."
"...yeah, you're probably right. They don't pay us enough, anyway!"
The workmen guffawed as they left and the minor sigils had done their job. The major sigils were now safe...
---
Plan's looking good, hope you'll be able to pull it off!
What-
Yeah, yeah, I'm still here, chilling in your subconcious. I tell you, this place is a mess! Anyway, look sharp, you're...

"Up Next: Roosto The Scounderous!"
An electric sign with the word APPLAUSE on it lit up, followed by well rehearsed polite applause as Rusto stepped into the spotlight, shooting a glare, unseen under the mask, at the well groomed... person with the microphone.
Rusto stood there for a second and drew on his memories of theatre performances he remembered seeing.
"Greetings, honored members of the public! I" he paused for dramatic effect, "am Rusto, The Scoundrelous!"
He was slightly annoyed by the announcers lack of reaction to the corrected pronounciation.
"With visage cloaked under a grim masquerade and name hidden by one not my own, I fought against a most foul tyranny that had bespoiled the fine city of Lynd with unspeakable, otherworldly evil!
But lo! As the moment of our final triumph over adversity dawned, I was whisked away by forces even greater than the ones I had fought! Along with seven others, each drawn from worlds that boggle the imagination, we were to fight, fight 'til only one remained!"
He pulled out his rapier and held it up dramatically.
"Two of them have fallen and six remain"
He pointed the rapier forward
"Witness, now, as our deadly sextet becomes a quintet"
Rusto sheathed his rapier and took a bow, hat in hand. He didn't expect to hear scattered snickerings from the audience before the electric sign lit up again, followed by applause.

"Thank you, Roosto! Up next..."
Rusto was ushered to the side by stagehands.
Forsooth, methinks thou might have bits of scenery in yon teeth!
Quiet, demon...
To be edited!
So... this is a thing.
After a very, very long while, I felt like writing something. I'm kind of tired at the moment, so I'll just leave these two conversations here and edit in a bit where Rusto does his introduction for the audience.
Last edited by Mikkofier 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?

Post by Mikkofier »

Edit bump

-Kurt Vonnegut
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Well, this is embarrassing. I lost track of my own game and I'm not sure just when that happened. Should've subscribed to the thread, I'm going to do that now so this doesn't happen again.

I'm caught up now, but I'm terribly sorry for not paying enough attention to this. Everyone can feel free to yell at me.

Seems you were doing fun things here while I was distracted, though, so let me just say I appreciate that.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Chibos felt no interest in doing any sort of action when he was introduced. He simply sat there in his boat, waiting for them to finish this overly lengthy introduction of all of them. He understood the necessity involved in introducing them all but it didn't make it any less tedious to wait around through.

"...with that we have introduced all six competitors for this competition! It's time to go in depth about where it is these fighters will be battling it out." The announcer pushed a button and a large screen came on, showing what looked to be a very odd large island.

"This will be the stage for the competition, a circular battlefield with a 1 mile radius. The battlefield has many different environments, brought in through our sponsors, to simulate real locations! Varying from a desert to an arctic region, the fighters will have to fight off both the elements and each other to survive!"

Chibos observed the map. It was best to get as good idea of where he would end up against his will while he could... despite how terribly drawn it was. He could see varying locations, like a fog filled forest, a mountain and what looked to be a current filled lake, which Chibos considered fairly odd looking, although he may have misinterpreted the map some.

"Now as you all can see, this map is divided into quadrants, A-E and 1-5. Each of our competitors will be randomly given a letter and number and based on that they will be sent to that section of the map."

B2... that's... right in the middle of that oddly foggy forest. I honestly wonder how "realistic" this location we're going to will be,
what do you think, Nui?

We could always poke aroun' the forest some an' see how real it be.

After all of them were given a set, their locations were marked down and the announcer spoke up again. "And now, it's time for the battle to begin... after a word from our sponsors."
Ok so, I sorta was like "man this thing had gone forever since an update" so I nudged it. Made the setting (which can be as realistic or unrealistic as you guys would like, I left it real ambiguous). I'm hoping making this post will cause others to feel up to making a post again, cause that was sorta my goal here. :3
Also, hope there's no errors or oddness, I sorta wrote this when I suddenly had inspiration while trying to sleep. :P

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing: