(shouting)

So I had a dream last night...

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
dk382

So I had a dream last night...

Post by dk382 »

... And raocow was in it. No, this isn't going to be creepy or anything. For whatever reason, raocow was streaming on Ustream, and then one night he went to Wrestlemania. He did live commentary from the floor of Wrestlemania via Ustream. He was saying some french stuff and making a lot of really bad math jokes for some reason. It was pretty freaking odd.

So, to turn this into more of a discussion topic, what other unusual dreams have you guys been having?
Chernobog

Re: So I had a dream last night...

Post by Chernobog »

well this sounds like a thread I will be frequenting, haha. I'll put some of my dreams up later.
kilon

Post by kilon »

I know what boko is going to reply to this topic...

anyway, I don't have that many weird dreams that I know of.
I don't remember to many dreams in the morning. Sometimes that makes me sad when I do know it was a very good dream, but I can't remember what it was..

Yours is pretty weird yeah. I know raocow mentioned Wrestlemania like one in all his videos so either you watched that video last or you are a wrestling fan. And even then.
By the way, how was the commentary? What match? Details man. We want details!!
Chernobog

Post by Chernobog »

yeah I want to hear some of these math jokes
dk382

Post by dk382 »

Oh man, you're going to make me remember the nitty gritty details? Unfortunately, I'm not that good at remembering my own dreams. You're lucky this is the last one I had and woke up to. I just remember he himself talking about how bad his math jokes were, maybe he didn't even make any!

The action did spill out of the ring once and get close to where he was and he freaked out a little. Conan O'Brien was also there for some reason
Blinx

Post by Blinx »

So I had a dream about a dream inside of a dream while I was dreaming and the dreams were inside each other and in the dream in my dream the dreaming me looked at the dream camera inside the dream I was dreaming about and said "Yo dawg I heard you like to dream so I put a dream in your dream so you can dream while you dream" and then I woke up and was like "whoa I dreamed"
asdf
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Blinx wrote:So I had a dream about a dream inside of a dream while I was dreaming and the dreams were inside each other and in the dream in my dream the dreaming me looked at the dream camera inside the dream I was dreaming about and said "Yo dawg I heard you like to dream so I put a dream in your dream so you can dream while you dream" and then I woke up and was like "whoa I dreamed"
I've actually had dream like that before.

Anywho the last dream that I remember was (Note: this is a real long dream and it will probably bore you, don't read it):
I was in college and the teacher told us to do an assignment on megaman, and I was all like, "this is why I hate this lesson, megamans got nothing to do with anything", I'm on a IT course btw, then I try and start anyway but I can't think how to start. I look round the room and everyone has the heads down and are writing away and I get really pissed off that I can't do any work.
then suddenly I'm in a bed in a French motel, but I'm not like "this is weird or anything" is just seems normal, I wake up and get out of bed and go "shit!, I still gotta do that megaman assignment" so I go over the desk and I start writing a really bad story about how megaman goes to the funfair and buys a red balloon but then lets go of it, and it flys away and megaman is sad.
and the story is written like a 5 year old wrote it but it still took lots of effort and time, and I'm like "this will do"

then I actually woke up in real life and was like "shit!, I still need to do that megaman assignment"
IceSoldier

Post by IceSoldier »

rubberfishy wrote:then suddenly I'm in a bed in a French motel, but I'm not like "this is weird or anything" is just seems normal
I've noticed that my dreams tend to move in "movie time," such that anything that might be considered tedious, like moving to a different place or different setting, is cut out. And as I am the one in the dream, the setting is established instantly, with no feeling of abruptness.

I guess that happens to you too.
Yay for not viewing signatures!
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I like dreams where you know they are dreams. One time I was dreaming and I caught it and I was like "man I hope these people don't have squid heads" AND THEY HAD SQUID HEADS and I woke up and was like "AAAAAHHHHH wait why was that scary"

True story
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

Argumentable wrote:I like dreams where you know they are dreams. One time I was dreaming and I caught it and I was like "man I hope these people don't have squid heads" AND THEY HAD SQUID HEADS and I woke up and was like "AAAAAHHHHH wait why was that scary"

True story
haha

Let me tell another dream, this is a dream I had years ago as a kid while on holiday in Cornwall.
I dreamt that there was this mad scientist that turned himself into a giant Cornish pasty and was running around eating everyone, he was like a Cornish pasty with legs.
Then I managed to stop him by eating "him".
I think everyone was already dead by that point tho but it wasn't like a downer ending or anything, it was like "yum, that pasty was damn nice"
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I don't dream......*sniff*
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
FRK

Post by FRK »

Okay, the only raocow related dream I had was about some footrace in Spain which raocow was hosting. I don't remember much apart from running around some little rural Arab-like cities and wrecking havoc amongst the citizens.

In another dream I was a leader of Stalker group in Chernobyl. We were in the town of Pripyat and suddenly I fell on the ground and just died. Painlessly. That's because back in the day I had serious Chernobylophobia. I was thinking about the sarcophagus all the time, and what would happen if it collapsed.

In another dream about Chernobyl I was (I think?) Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove and I was in some sort of castle or palace and I entered some kind of big door. I was outside (but like between the walls) and there was like a sort of a "gate" like in supermarkets and I passed it, after that I saw a big fat elephant blocking the path, but there was that muscular friend of Kuzco and he held my hand and we kinda ran under that elephant. Then I saw a long path to unknown direction. But I knew it was leading to Chernobyl. Well, what the hell, I decided to go. I was walking for like half an hour and didn't see anything. There were just Ukrainian steppes wherever I could see. So I decided to return "home" (probably Kiev?). The end.

I had many more dreams and pseudo-nostalgic phases/memories but I'll talk about them later.
Zaquaa

Post by Zaquaa »

Strangest dream I've ever had (by far) is the one in which I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching a generic slasher movie when I suddenly warped into the T.V. and was at the mouth of a rock tunnel. At the other end of the tunnel, it opened up into a large, circular room with more tunnel entrances at various points around the walls and a random, blonde, naked girl whom I'd never seen before was sitting in the middle, praying. Then an incredibly large snake (Estimate: About 200 feet) came slithering out of one of the tunnels, chanting some weird series of words that I didn't understand as it moved. When it had stopped moving and finished speaking, the girl turned into a giant eyeball (Estimate: 160 feet in diameter) and the two started grinding.

At this point, I decided to go to school and I kind of warped into French class in which my friend Nathan was the teacher. He said some random combinations of French words that made absolutely no sense and then started launching little, pink balloon hippos with spinning propellers on their backs in random directions around the room. The hippos moved incredibly slowly, but they caused a decent-sized explosion whenever someone touched them and, for some reason, people just kept running over and touching these friggen' hippos. When all of the hippos were gone, everyone in the room surrounded me and started trying to put their hands on my face. Then I woke up.

I like to think it has a deeper meaning than myself just being screwed up in the head.
jasssmin wrote:Most awkward thing EVER
^I disagree.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

The strangest dream I can remember having was from a while ago, but I'll try to remember what I can of it. I'm not exactly sure what circumstances there were to cause this, but I know at some point I was with about five other people on a planet made entirely out of spaghetti (mixed with spaghetti sauce.) I'm serious, there were spaghetti mountains in the distance and everything. I think the sky was orange. And there happened to be a oval racetrack-looking path at one point, along with hovercraft things, so we decided to have a race while stranded on this strange planet. Oh, right, there was a clear lake of plain water in the middle of the racetrack oval, despite all the spaghetti sauce. Anyway, in the middle of the race, I decided that I had to go to the bathroom (as did every single other person there) and parked my hovercraft and entered this tiny outhouse on the side of the track. Somehow, going through that door put us on some weird spaceship thing that was busy flying through space and about twice the size of the racetrack. Since it was a long time ago, I don't remember exactly what happened, but somehow I managed to cause the spaceship to start to explode and ran around for like 20 entire minutes while a siren was blaring and the entire place was glowing red, trying to find the other people who were in my dream. I don't think I've ever met any of them, by the way. After finding most of them, we went back through that door and emerged on the spaghetti planet. I looked up into the distance and saw an explosion somewhere in outer space. Despite the fact that earlier in the dream I was trying not to make it explode and to rescue everybody who ended up trapped in the explosion, I think I felt proud when I saw that.

My guess is that I ate too much pasta earlier that day.
I don't really get it but okay
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

yo dream thread, I'm totally bumping you because I just woke up from the weirdest dream:

I can't remember the first half very well but I was like an undercover police officer at like a rave or a music concert or something, and I remember taking drugs for whatever reason and doing something repeatability and being told not to. but I can't remember what it was.

anywho I remember the next part.
I was in a car park with the other undercover policeman and we where holding a Sainsbury's (a type of supermarket) plastic bag that a had mashed up dead baby in it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the one the killed it (hopefully) but for whatever reason even though we where policemen we decided we had to dispose of it. my prints where over bag and this would of been bad for whatever reason apparently.

we realised that the word "Sainsbury" has the letters "B" and "Y" in it, and these two letters put together make "brrwhy" which sounds enough like baby to make people curious too look inside the bag, once open they're put together the "brrwhy" clue with the messy dead pulp and work out that it's a baby.

as the other police officer said, apparently carrier bags are used too frequently so we had to find something to hide the baby in that wouldn't be opened as often. we where in a car park and the car boots (trunks) where open and we saw an umbrella and realised that it should be our objective to hide the dead baby pulp in an umbrella.

but we need to steal one without anyone seeing and so somewhere private so we can fill up the umbrella.

it was at the point I ran away. but not ran away cos I was scared but because I was still on drugs and I ran down this large concrete slipway slope thing in the distance that I think lead into the sea. I then started waving with both hand to the other policeman like a twat.
but I wasn't watching myself from my own 1'st person view but rather from the view from the second policeman. I guess the slope thing had already been prerendered from second policemans point of view so I couldn't explore it in 3D. weird

and then I woke up. the end.
Last edited by rubberfishy 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
GypsyDiver

Post by GypsyDiver »

Whoa. Dream thread.

This shouldn't be here. The only other forum I use is the Lucid Dream forums which is for, you guessed it, lucid dreaming. I can't be having my two getting all mingled and mixed. What if they start talking about raocow or Super Mario hacks over there? My brain will explode.

Back on topic...

Being that I'm obsessed with lucid dreams and just dreams in general, I've maxed out my dream recall so that I can remember at least one dream a night, unless I'm woken up in a rush the next morning. Since I can't place my weirdest, as they're all pretty crazy, I had a really vivid one the other night.

I was at the mall (a common locality in my dreams) but it was a mall I visited in Scotland. (Another common location.) There, I shopped for... something. I was frustrated because I was sure I wouldn't find it. Then I met, for no reason, Miley Cyrus and we became friends? And she tried to hook me up with Zach Efron, which was really creepy, because I think of him as like a 16 year old and I felt like I was a cradle robber. This part was like a teenybopper's wetdream. Then there was a chase scene in the parking garage below the mall where I guy was trying to kill us all. I ended up taking the gun at the end of the dream with a pretty awesome roundhouse kick.

So, yeah. Weird.
my LP thread. it's the bomb-diggity.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

how do you make it so that you can recalled your dreams then, is it hard?
I only remembered this dream cos I was rapidly woken up in the middle of it.
GypsyDiver

Post by GypsyDiver »

It takes practice, but all you have to do is train your mind. I remembered dreams well to begin with, before starting to learn dream recall.

It just takes a few minutes in the morning. After you wake up, lay perfectly still. When you move, you release a chemical that will wash the dream from your mind, essentially. You want to commit the dream from your nightly short term to a more long term memory. Relive it as much as you can, trying to work backwards. Eventually, you'll remember more than you thought.

Then, if you can, write it down. The sooner the better. If you wake up in the middle of the night, write down the dream you just had. The more your write it down, the more you commit to memory, and your brain starts to get used to working in this way. Eventually, you'll be remembering a dream a night, if not more. There have been nights when I've had three dreams a night and I can remember and write down all of them.

Also, if you have trouble, a good jump start is the vitamin B6, which is known for increasing dream vividness. If you take a small dose with melatonin before bed, the dreams can be movielike.

This was a lot, sorry. I told you I was obsessed with it! ^^;;
my LP thread. it's the bomb-diggity.
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

haha, wow. I don't think I'm gonna go out and start buying vitamins but I'll try that. thanks.
hopefully it's no more dreams about dead babys.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

What I do is I carry a little memo pad with me and usually when I wake up, I recall like 4 dreams but only very unclear. Then during the day I usually have times, where I'm like "Whoah! yes!" and then I remember all the coherencies suddenly and I write them down.
And Gypsydiver, do you mean ld4all? I read that sometimes :roll:
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

I don't remember the dreams exactly now but the other night I had four different dreams and I woke up after each one was over.
It was awkward.

Also my dream last night involved a crossover between Sengoku Basara and Fable II.
It made me kind of happy.
I'm really nice.
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

you usually have a dream every 90 minutes of sleep and after that you wake up, but you are mostly so sleepy that you don't remember :D
AyumuGardevoir

Post by AyumuGardevoir »

Posting with favorite dream ever. (Quite long)
So, the dream starts with me talking to some friends of mine as we're walking through the park. Usual stuff as like what we had planned for the day, or conversing about our "game of the now" (BlazBlue if you want to know.) Then out of no where there's an earthquake and trees are falling all around us. Big trees like nearly full grown pines. Somehow none hit us, and a giant pyramid like structure, like the size of Alaska, descends from the sky. So now there's explosions everywhere and a giant pyramid floating about ten miles in the sky. My friends and I start running through the falling trees in a frantic scurry to get information and maybe escape from the death surrounding us. Sadly my two friends get kidnapped from right next to me. Feeling that it would be better to save them later instead of now, I run from the guys who grabbed them.

About one hour later I run across a flipped Mario Kart esque go-cart. Returning it to its right side up and checking the engine I mount the ride and start heading towards the giant pillar stemming from the pyramid to where it connects to the earth. Dodging the explosions and army helicopters I find the barrel where they stuck my two friends. Covertly hiding in said barrel I find a miniature Bo-BoBo. Yes, Bo-BoBo. One of the people who is carrying the barrel to its destination is my father. He then starts blabbing about how we'll never over throw the great Wilfred's plan or something. I make a typical rebuttal of "You'll get yours, pops" and they set us down and walk away. Hearing a call that it is now safe to exit the barrel my two friends and I do so accordingly, strangely Bo-BoBo is no where to be found and is never seen again.

When we got out of the barrel it appeared that we were in a great water structure on a secluded island of sorts. If you've played Guilty Gear 2 then it looked like Ganymede, or however you spell it, and if not then look it up. On this island there seems to be no one there that's over eighteen years old except for the guards and the person giving a speech to the massive crowd that I didn't follow. After wards we were free to wander the island as we wanted. The only rule there was to follow Wilfred's every command. Seeming as he never showed his face it was a very simple task. Through one of the island's doors was a large mall type area. Like massive mall, the reason I say mall is because it had assorted shops on each side of the halls and directories everywhere. Though the halls were 30ish feet wide they were packed.

The only place that wasn't crowed was one of the many fountains that were scattered around the place. the twenty second one on the third row, if I remember right. So my friends and I decided to make that our home camp. Across the hall thing was a parking structure that seemingly served no purpose, but had my mom's car in it. Seeing no better place we decided to sleep there for the night.
There's more to it, but I feel that this is good enough for now, if requested I'll write the other half.
Cold Steel.
frickinawesum

Post by frickinawesum »

GypsyDiver wrote:Also, if you have trouble, a good jump start is the vitamin B6, which is known for increasing dream vividness. If you take a small dose with melatonin before bed, the dreams can be movielike.
I've been also into lucid dreaming for quite a while now since I first recognized something like this existed, but to be honest I had no idea this vitamin was used for increasing lucidity..? o: that's kinda creepy D: haha

also another post for the off-topicness sorry
blep.
RikunFrances
Mentally Ill
Pronouns: kunself/you

Post by RikunFrances »

I've dreamed about raocow before. Here it goes:
(Mind you, I do not use drugs and do not drink, so if you think they're weird, they're sincerely weird.) So one day we walking down a street near my house, and my mom was doing something and happened to let go of whatever she was holding and have it swing into an open window. So without thinking she walks up to the broken porch sliding doors and sees raocow's cat, so she opens the door and goes in and pets the cat, forgetting the object she had launched into his window, so I'm behind her now, in his house, and it looks nice, plushy carpet, normal looking house. All of a sudden he comes out of his living room and into the mainroom where me and mom were standing there. So mom literally asks "Is this your cat?" and I just look at raocow, he's decked out in snowboarding gear, he's about to go snowboarding. He starts speaking French and mom tries to respond but her time in England was very short so she couldn't learn all the French she could have.

He realized this then switched to English mode. He picks up the cat and sets it down, it prances away and my mom and raocow hit it off, mostly because my mom never shuts up. So I'm left standing in his house, so I sit on his couch and fall asleep. Whereas I wake up when he arrives back home and he tells me that my mom never shuts up and chuckles and goes to the other room. (Hello! Does my presence not bother you!?) I look at the clock and it's now 5am. (Did something happen while I was asleep?!) So I walk into his kitchen, where he's sitting there drinking a mug of orange juice and I sit at the table and look at him with this confused look, so he just looks at me and says "Oh you're from the talkhaus. I'm busy lately, can't you see?"

So I turn around and his house now has a full on rollercoaster in his house, so I get up and walk into his living room, now it's kinda bare, monochrome, with a tree in the middle and a door in the floor leading to his basement, so I take the basement stairs first, and I feel the presence of someone following me, I turn on the light and it's raocow again. (Stalker!) He pulls me around and brings me back up the stairs. (Is he hiding something?) And gets in the roller coaster and tells me to hop in, so I do and he explains to me that this is a preview of the newest co op hack at talkhaus...and I explain to him I'm terrified of rollercoasters.

So after rollercoaster hell and a runaround of the hack (Which was actually ASMT) we get off and I look around his house a little more, I walk up the stairs but I stop myself because I thought that would be creepy, and walk back down, to see raocow again, this time it scared me and he laughed when I fell over and offered his hand back up. When I got back up, he asked "Well aren't you nosy?" So he showed me his bedroom which was made of the finest red silk and by then I'm like, I have to still be on his couch dreaming, so I try pinching myself and it didn't work. He looks and me all funny and then proceeds to jump on said nice bed, asking me to join him, so I do and he tells me him stuff about him, some stuff I won't say because it's awkward and stuff (Not really gutter like stuff, but just weird stuff) and him saying this makes me fall off the bed and I wake up on his couch again.

I look up, and raocow's above me asking me if I'm okay and so I ask him if what just happened was just a dream, until I look back and the tree is still there. I went "oh shi--" and then woke up in real life.
tl;dr: It was weird. Mostly the aspects of his house were based on his art style.