(shouting)

So I had a dream last night...

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: So I had a dream last night...

Post by Mikkofier »

Had a dream last night.
There was a party at our yard and then we decided to go for a ride, so me and some friends and relatives got into a long car (not a limo) and drove to a nearby beach, which looked like my old kindergarten during winter. We drove around for a bit until everything stopped, because apparently everyone died in a car crash because of drugs, or so I was told anyway. So I got out of the car and walked away.
The end.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I had a pretty good sleep just now. There was a dream about a situation which was a bit like those survival games at night in a small American neighbourhood (wooden houses located in a valley with each having small small yards and a road going across the place), and people were carrying swords and such, and running around in small teams. It ended by someone interrupting the game near the end by a huge contraption that caused an explosion of huge iron shoes that were flexible and made out of spring. A save tidal fave of soft shoes with nice music playing was enough to defuse the game, and then everyone left home. The end.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dizzybelle »

i had a really short dream where i saw a shop full of tshirts with mispelled musicians names on them
like 'booyance' and 'kenya weast' and i was like 'man i need those'
ImageImageImage
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

bkamakaze wrote:i had a really short dream where i saw a shop full of tshirts with mispelled musicians names on them
like 'booyance' and 'kenya weast' and i was like 'man i need those'
That is the best dream.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I had a dream last night where NASA found a new "planet."
It was surrounded by a bubble made of plastic, except the top part which was a green dome.
And the aliens on it sent down food that was delicious, and then I learned that by saying "Uki uki, bring me to your spaceship." would take you to the "planet."
Some guy was firing lasers from an antenna, climbed up on a shelf, and then disappeared.
And then my friend somehow told me that he was trapped in a horror game that was on the ship. He told me that I could fly if I just focused on flying. So I ran outside, but then there was a meteor shower that distracted me.
So then I flew, and somehow got through the plastic bubble. And I played a super lame horror game. It started out with a very pixelated Cthulu dancing, and then it switched to a man standing, then a man with no arms and hands for feet.
And then... I guess I saved my friend? He was around, at least.
And then it just kinda ended with me wanting to summon a genie by focusing a lot.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

Two recent ones worth sharing. I'll spoiler the bigger one to save space.
Firstly, the night before last, I was walking to my friend's house, but there were inch-long navy blue ants everywhere, and they were annoying 'cos they were everywhere. I found one in my hair even. I just remember thinking, "I've lived here for exactly 17.5 years, and I've never seen these before."
The other dream was last night's, and it was somehow even weirder. My friend sent me a link to a livestream, in which this kid was carrying around a massive bomb (which looked remarkably like the bomb cart in TF2), trying to blow up Halifax, but every time he put it somewhere, a viewer would call the cops and he'd have to run and find a new place for it. It turned out he had a rare disorder that made him very sensitive to altitude changes, and in the dream Halifax was at the top of a mountain, so he wanted to blow it up and have it lower down to stop his headaches or whatever. So I decided to go there in person and stop him (I dunno how, I live in a completely different part of Canada). He was right at the top by now, and going down a huge wooden ramp to the bottom so he could be safe when it blew up. I remember sprinting down that ramp right in front of him, and when we reached the bottom I pushed him into the ocean or something... My friend who sent me the livestream was like "whoa you're famous now" but I didn't have my glasses on so I was disappointed. Then my brother took the controller and casually typed in the code 1-2-3 to set off the bomb and destroy Halifax. Nobody seemed to care at the time though..... But then I was with some school friends at a little diner on the highway, and we spotted a bunch of devil's club, which I needed a picture of for school, but the flowers kept jumping towards us and they were like poison ivy and made us really itchy.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
jarofrods

Post by jarofrods »

Whoever had that dream about writing an essay on Megaman, I laughed so hard to that. :lol:

I've had a lot of bizarre dreams, so I'll be coming back here often to share. For now I tell of a small nightmare when I was much younger. I don't remember the logistics, but I was at a gigantic pool with a lot of people in it. I was atop of an insanely huge high dive, like it was as tall as maybe a two or three story building. I was holding a pencil, but then I dropped it. I guess I really wanted that penicil, because I fell off the high dive and eventually smashed into the water. I was dazed from the collision, and somehow I found my pencil floating in the water. Then I woke up from fear and was upright in bed.
I MADE A VIP MARIO WIKIA. JOIN AND HELP US MAKE IT BETTER: http://vipmario.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_VI ... _Mix_Wikia
FREE MEMBERSHIP COOKIES
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I had the craziest dream last night. It was like a nightmare about everything I hate about my job. I'm honestly kind of impressed with my subconscious with its ability to take a list of everything I hate about it, and exaggerate it to a comedic level of stress. Like, a lot of the times, dreams don't make any sense because they're just random abstract thoughts. But this was like, a really cleverly-told dream. The more I think about it, I'm like "that's kind of a brilliant joke"

I could explain everything I remember, but a lot of it requires context. But I guess one example is we have a lot of customers who bring their shitty kids in who run around and go behind counters and whatnot, and the parents just do nothing. So we basically have to be the parents and be like "hey don't go behind the counter, that's for employees"
So in my dream, there were a bunch of kids going behind the counter, and at one point I had to grab a kid by the arm and lead him towards his dad. And the dad started like, pouting and running away cause he didn't want to deal with it. And he himself went behind the counter so that I couldn't give the kid back to him. Like, maybe it only makes sense in my head but it's like a really clever exaggeration of how the parents are no better than the kids with the problem, and we employees have to be the parents for them. We have to parent both their child, and them.
jarofrods

Post by jarofrods »

I JUST HAD A REALLY BIZARRE DREAM

So at some point I was in this weird game or something. It reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Cave Story and Paper Mario from GameCube all mashed together. At some point I was apparently Daisy, and I found Rosalina, and I must've have triggered something, becuase she showed me a warp star and I took it.

Then it gets weird. I am warped into this weird inception; a dream within a dream if you will. It was a mashup of different places that are apparently in the game I was in, as well town I live in. There were these children playing in a little fair of some kind, and they swapped between normal children and Mimigas (little bunny goat children from Cave Story).

I then had a dejavu moment; I think I dreamt this before. If I recalled, a main plot of the game was that a bunch of these children were kidnapped and even killed, and I was supposed to find them. So I thinking to myself what this place is, an afterlife or a nightmare of some kind. I recalled that there was a specific jumpscare scene you could trigger, but I didn't. I started walking out of that area to see what more there was, and out of nowhere my brother showed up so we walked together. Also I had a book in my hand that I was avoiding getting it wet.

We walk on a highway and saw the mountains we've seen our entire lives. Then we were in a swamp/ jungle place, which to the cannon of my dream is an actual stage of the game. So we keep walking, going through water and mush, keeping my book dry.

Then I hear the ice cream truck song, the famous one. Then up ahead I see a slender, white figure walking up ahead, though I don't remember the face but I think it' was the jumpscare from Undertale. Then suddenly everything was black and I was jumpscared multiple times by this white thing. I think I died becuase I was back at where the children were. I wanted to leave this place so I got real meta and pressed start and select (with my mind) like it SMW world. Then everything was jumbled and warpy, I got jumpscared some more, and I saw SU characters.

And I think that's where it ended.
I MADE A VIP MARIO WIKIA. JOIN AND HELP US MAKE IT BETTER: http://vipmario.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_VI ... _Mix_Wikia
FREE MEMBERSHIP COOKIES
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Had one during my daily siesta. I dreamed Nintendo sent me a Switch early. Like, super early. As in, next week early. For some reason, I had it preordered, even though preorders aren't even fucking available yet and it's likely to be out of stock on Amazon for the next three years. I guess they made a mistake and thought I was an unboxer or reviewer or some shit, but no matter. The real problem is they were sending it in two packages for some reason. The first package that came in was just all the cords and plugins and shit. Tomorrow I was supposed to get the console, dock, and JoyCons, but I fucking woke up before I could play the new Zelda game. 2/10, do better next time Nintendo.

On the plus side, this dream just proves how psyched I am subconciously for the console. It's pretty much a lock that I'm going to preorder one now, I just hope it's not over $300. Some rumors have been going around Nintendo might price it at $250 to aggressively target those PS4/Xbone users as a secondary console, which would mean a Zelda bundle would be $300, at the exact price I would be willing to get it Day One.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Klaty
GUESS WHO
Pronouns: male/neutral

Post by Klaty »

This was about a year ago, during the 2015 AACT.
Found myself in raocow's bedroom, the walls beige and the furniture black. There was a blob sitting by the computer table, and since there were no passages, other than a window, I went closer and asked who it was. It was Sam himself. For whatever reason, he had really dorky glasses, sounded like Gilbert Gottfried, and instead of hair, had the spikes of a hedgehog. It was really disturbing, although luckily I woke up after petting his head.
That annoying guy who always misses everything important and doesn't know what's going on most of the time. (also occasionally freaks out about minor things)
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Here's a fucking weird one, I dreamed that the Joker had somehow kidnapped and brainwashed a shitload of people (including myself, Bruce Wayne, and a large number of people in the police force) in Afghanistan to basically turn us into unknowing terrorist cells back in America. I was the first one to be successfully brainwashed while Bruce Wayne was the sixteenth, and these numbers were used as part of our activation codes. Bruce Wayne was probably brainwashed so he could fund the Joker, if he ever needed it. Anyways, the connection between us all was that we had all visited and remembered training from a field manual only found in Afghanistan, so that's how the goddamn Batman was able to stop the Joker's plot.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I had a dream that raocow uploaded a 419-part LP. The first 6 parts were like a poorly done horror game, with a blue guy floating around which was supposed to be creepy. And for some reason there was an intro where an anime-style song was playing over a Wikipedia article.
After that, it suddenly turned into a superhero game where you played as Spiderman, but before you could you had to play through his childhood.
ShadowTurtle
I barely ever talks here so don't be weirded out when I do.

weird dream i had last night

Post by ShadowTurtle »

This vase is a sad sad vase. it always dream to be a tree. yet it was born as a vase. it want to die. but cannot. since it's a vase it cannot move. so it cannot commit suicide. such sad life. the vase feels sorrow, pain, and hopelessness. tears are coming out of it's eye. the vase scream to the skies "why must you do this god? i always dream to be a tree. even before this life, i told you i want to be a tree. why must you do this to me? i don't want to be a vase. kill me. kill me now" but there are no response. the vase cries. and a miracle happened. the god responded "the reason you are a vase that is because you've break alot of vases in your previous life. so your must pay for your sin. but all your sin are gone now. come now. let's go back to heaven. your next life will be a tree for sure." then suddenly a football came out of nowhere and hit the vase off the table. the vase break happily with it's eye closed. goodbye vase. may you be a great tree in your next life.

the moral is "break your vases. nobody want to be one."
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I was at work and everyone started turning into weird zombies. Like, not undead zombies but kinda the brainwashed cult-kind of zombies. Though you could still become a zombie through bites. There were people going around trying to enforce people into getting the infection thing and they had bright colorful hair like Ramona Flowers or something. Eventually I figured out it was originating from the food at Dairy Queen, and get this: while I was there some guy cut in front of my in line!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

for my first dream of 2018, i was walking around a kinda indoor/outdoor combo convention space, trying to get a copy of an old talkhaus logo so i could update its logopedia entry
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I had a dream about a game that was about wartime.
For some reason it had RPG mechanics, like leveling up.
And leveling up required finding boxes for some reason.

The sword combat was the main draw, and felt super satisfying.
There were these weird beasts that could be controlled that allowed the character to use different weapons like the most unsatisfying spear.
It did try to be a bit more realistic in combat than a regular game.

After defeating the first boss, who was just kinda some guy, the commander of your army showed up with a stellar transition from gameplay to cutscene and was all, "Hey, you're a pretty good soldier! I'm going to thrust you out into the field where you can do most of your missions alone. You remind me of some other soldier."

I hope to see more of this dream.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Does anyone have a dream that have narrations that go in poetry/song, because I had a nightmare that was ending in one.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I've had dreams with some form of narration, but not really with music. The narration was usually incoherent anyways.

I have had dreams with unique music my head makes up. I had one dream recently where I was hearing this pretty smooth jazz/ classical rock mash-up.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

I had a dream where I was in one of my friend's backyards, but it was all dark and misty. A foggy silhouette of a dude in the distance was stalking me from the fog. Then Bill Nye randomly showed up with huge claws and chased me around screaming, "BILL! BILL! BILL!!!". I've never been the same since that night.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I've been having a recurring dream about a book.
I wish I could remember the title so I could look it up.

It may not even exist, unlike the last book I had dreams about.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I watched an episode and a half of Pokémon Sun & Moon (the anime, Portuguese dub) before going to bed because I couldn't sleep.

So I had a dream of Pokémon having a new series but it's like crossed over with like every mon series ever and I was like "fuck yes slice of life featuring every single mon series in the world inject that shit straight into my veins", and I distinctly remember like Agumon, BlackAgumon and Guilmon were in CGI to denote that they're data transferred to the real world. I think there was also Monster Hunter (a bumper for Monster Hunter Stories came on, it's airing on the same channel, on that note, Appmon is also still airing there), Monster Rancher and like Klonoa??????? But it was no actual enemy from Klonoa it was a weird fish gun thing that kinda looked like Shiron from Legendz if he was just a head

Also the ending for its Portuguese dub was literally just an arrange of the second ending of the Portuguese Digimon Tamers dub, almost the same lyrics and everything

I want a Super Mon Taisen type game :c
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: So you had a dream last night...

Post by Awoo »

Digimon had some pretty sweet fighting games back in the day, if that helps...
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: So you had a dream last night...

Post by KobaBeach »

Awoo wrote: Digimon had some pretty sweet fighting games back in the day, if that helps...
I already play the hell outta Battle Spirit 1&2 and Rumble Arena 1 (too lazy to try out 2 and battle spirit 1.5)

Not to knock fighting games, I loves me some good ol' Street Fighter or SamSho but I just really like plot heavy stuff like Adventure, RPG, Strategy, even something like the Mystery Dungeon series of roguelikes (Torneko, Shiren, Chocobo, Pokémon)

Seeing characters interact is a huge draw when it comes to crossovers for me, I'm a massive nerd

Also did you know that Digimon's first game ever was a V-Pet on the Saturn? And that this was the first appearance of, among others, Gatomon, LadyDevimon, Angewomon, Holydramon and SaberLeomon????????? like holy shit
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I had a dream that I went to see Avengers Endgame and they ended up showing us 3 hours of Charlie Brown holiday specials and it wasn't until it was over I was like "hey, was that the right movie?"