(shouting)

So I had a dream last night...

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: So I had a dream last night...

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I had a dream where I got repeatedly electrocuted, and it was very painful. There would be about 15 to 30 second between shocks.

What the hell is wrong with me?
BeatBoxingBoo
Charlesbag
First name: beatboxingboo

Post by BeatBoxingBoo »

I went to bed at 7:30 and I woke up at 9:30.

From a dream that lasted four years.

It started in a video store on a huge hill, where I was returning some game or something. Time stopped or something and I was held back in school twice, until I was 19. BTYM complained that his hair changed too much over the 4-year period even though mine changed every week (cause that's just what gingers' hair does). At one point I had complete control of the universe and I froze one moment in time at a pool that was owned by EA or something and shouted "I OWN THIS NOW!!" And I just watched everyone's horrified faces (cause apparently they had somehow realized what happened, even though they were frozen in time??). Some of them were like, moving really fast through time back and forth, it was weird. At another point, I drove a huge Volkswagen bus as a job, and I stopped at a garage/convenience store. I sat outside it, leaning against the door like a cool guy and then some girl and a prostitute came out and started having cunilingus right next to me so I went to the other side of the bus until they finished. Then the prositute got on my bus and we went somewhere I don't know, then I woke up.
And it was fucking absolutely the most terrifying nightmare I've ever had. Wasting my life away for four years, still being a loser. My biggest fear.
PichuVSLink

Post by PichuVSLink »

I often have dreams where something bad is happening, and then, just before I wake up, I say something like "Wait, this is a dream, it's not real." And then I wake up and I don't remember what it was about.

So if you guys wanna hear one of my weirdest dreams ever, you're in for a treat.

So me and my family are randomly trudging through a really, really dirty creak with like light brown water. There are giant palm trees on either side of us, so we just keep walking forward. Eventually we meet this foreign kid who's like 8 years old. I think he was indian. So we keep walking with the kid and then this alligator or crocodile jumps out of the water at us and me and my family are like "AHHH ALLIGATOR" but the indian kid is like "Don't worry, he's our friend." and then he becomes our friend. We walk some more and then we see an enormous shopping mall in the middle of the creak. I'm like "We gotta go in there" So we leave the indian kid and crocodile behind and go inside. Inside it's less like a shopping mall, but more like an airport, but with random elevators, escalators, conveyor belts and it has tons of floors with a view straight to the top, so there's little walkways to connect the sides. (I often dream about locations like this, I guess it's because I always thought something like that would be cool) So eventually, we're like "Okay we're done now" and we go back outside.
WARNING: This last part is really messed up.
When we come back outside, the alligator is gone, and the indian kid's mouth has a little blood on it. I say "DID YOU EAT IT?" and the indian kid just says "I got hungry."

That stuff is jacked up, man!
patchoulis obtained

"graphics: 9/10, come on, it's CUSTOM!" -smwc hack review
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

That's tame.

Actually, that's a pretty funny joke--if this was told in the form of a joke, and not like, an actual dream you had. Still though, that ending is funny.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

last night i had a dream where some nonexistant kid in my class gave me a baby deer and my teacher found it and told him to take it home along with he other 5 he had
also some weird game that was a combination of super mario 3d world, super mario galaxy, and new super mario bros wii
tge dream ended wih a boshi knockoff that was green killing yoshi
spatula
Boar

Post by Boar »

when i was really young i had a dream where we were in some sort of maze library thing
and there were pink and blue monster/elephant things chasing us that burned you if you touched them
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
eventually i woke up
-------
related to sleeping stuffs - once when i was young i was sleeping on a mattress next to my mum and dad's bed and i was about to fall asleep when my mum tried reaching for her phone on a desk behind me and accidentally spilled a cup of coldish water all over my head
:shock: is me
there we go
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

A dream I had yesterday that I forgot to talk about.

I was at this mall or something, and there was an underground floor that I wasn't supposed to go to. I accidentally ended up in said underground floor. The people there looked just like the people aboveground, but they were forcing me into doing bowling for some reason. Somehow, I was always winning. Even when I failed on purpose, I still won. This was annoying me, so I tried escaping back to the upper level. Thankfully, I succeeded.

I don't know.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

Oh man, I didn't know that there was a dream thread. I haven't had any interesting ones lately, so I guess I'll write about this:

Ever since I was really young I've had a reoccurring dream that comes from time to time. Every time I experience it, I wake up suddenly and go ballistic: when I was younger, I would cry and scream for a few solid minutes. I can't remember anything that I do in those first few minutes of being awake; one of the times I had it I remember going to bed and then the next thing I knew I was talking to someone hysterically over the phone. However, the last time I had it, it was like a fever dream, as it happened while I was resting in bed sick on a school day about a year ago, and it was the first time I could actually remember what I was doing right after waking from it. I was breathing really rapidly and felt close to screaming; I had to turn on the television and focus on it to calm myself down.

The weirdest part about it is that all I can ever remember from the dreams is that they involve a never-ending stream of numbers and digits, and occasionally machinery to make said digits.

I know that this sounds weird, but if you have any ideas/opinions on these dreams, I'd love to hear them.
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

dohz

Re: So I had a dream last night…

Post by dohz »

PlatinumTriforce wrote:dream
Woah. Maybe I’ve simply spent too much time reading SCPF, but things along the lines of “fear or danger derived of the mundane” always really intrigue me. Now, I don’t claim to be a dream interpreter or oneirologist, but I have some questions that may help elucidate your dream.
a) Do you have any particular phobia pertaining to things of that nature. I’d presume not, but I wouldn’t know.
b) How have you visualized the stream? Did your mind become something akin to a computer screen, scrolling through a corrupted text file, or were you in some empty place, with random words and letters physically manifested and flying by you? Or something else?
c) Was there anything remarkable that you’ve noticed through your other senses? Something you’ve heard, smelled, et cetera, or was it all visual?
d) What exactly were those machines you’ve briefly described? Did they have any particular features, or did they simply appear to be generic apparati?

Of course, I don’t expect you to have retained every detail due to the very forgettable nature of dreams. I just find these things, like, really freakin’ interesting.
KobaBeach wrote:another dream
Yeah, I can see that as a movie. Getting some weird three-act structure vibes.
(what sound does the mind make?)
(this, probably)
[/spoiler]
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

had a dream where i had an older brother for some reason and his bedroom was where i keep my books and things and it was turned into an aquarium for some reason! i liked swimmin in it and seeing all the little plants and things... but then i played a flash game about the life of some plant-like amoeba and they somehow made it to our world and hypnotized anyone who touched the water they had infested, and i had to go around doing... something i don't remember to free them.
also i went into an actual ocean at one point and saw underwater produce stores. no, really.
spatula
dohz

Re: So I had a dreem last night...

Post by dohz »

A dream two nights ago. A lot happened, but the thing I remember most clearly is walking on a forest. Not in a forest, on a forest. The trees appeared to be as thin as twigs, tightly packed, and bizarrely sturdy. They all shot straight up and ended at the same altitude.

I recall walking there with two other people. One of them died somehow. He wished to grow up to become a wrestler. Hm.
(what sound does the mind make?)
(this, probably)
[/spoiler]
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

I have this recurring dream where I end up mentally linked to someone. Like, two people, same body, separate thoughts, and we both have about half of the strength to move the body as we normally would. It feels very, very real and only lasts about a minute or so. Trippy.
I'm probably driving right now.
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Post by O'Largill »

Last night I had the strangest dream
I ever dreamed before
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

O'Largill wrote:Last night I had the strangest dream
I ever dreamed before
Last night I had a dream about you
In this dream I'm dancing right beside you
And it looked like everyone was having fun
The kind of feeling I've waited so long

Also I dreamt I was playing a Clockwork Knight port for the GBA (Clockwork Knight is a SEGA Saturn exclusive)
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i think i remember dreaming that my friend made an SMBX level that was good for an SMBX project im leader-ing somewhere and i was like so excited for some reason

i also remember realizing that what i was in was a dream once and i was like "BUT THIS IS A DREAM!" very dramatically and then the 'waking up' thing started and i was like "oh hell no not again" because i've been trying to avert that for a long time and rarely do
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

in my dream
i am the star.
its me

Sometime recently I had that realization of "hey I'm in a dream!!!" and then gave myself telekinetic abilities and nothing further. Way to squander that opportunity, self.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

swirlybomb wrote:Sometime recently I had that realization of "hey I'm in a dream!!!" and then gave myself telekinetic abilities and nothing further. Way to squander that opportunity, self.
You call that squandering it? The one time I ever realized I was dreaming, my first thought was to think "Okay, since I can control what's going on, I need to make sure to avoid making anything happen that would wake me up, like being attacked by an alligator. I'd better visualize that right now! That way, I'll know exactly what to avoid imagining."

Then an alligator appeared. It chomped me in half and forced me awake in less than twenty seconds.

At least now I know I'm good at reverse psychology.
I don't really get it but okay
QuantumPhysicsMan

Post by QuantumPhysicsMan »

I had this one dream where I was at school, and then a zombie apocalypse happened. Pretty much everyone was a zombie but me and a few others, and we ran for our lives until we ended up at a preschool. There we recruited an army of toddlers with water guns, and launched an attack against the zombies, which suddenly knew how to fly. Then I got kidnapped and locked in the french classroom. I eventually escaped, and apparently not caring that the zombies could fly, got a group of people and dug a moat around the school. Then I woke up.
Warning: It is now too late to not read my signature.
GrimDarkening

Post by GrimDarkening »

I got valedictorian
And then they were like haha no syke you're second place your best friend gets first
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

had a dream where raocow was playing the maglx entries and my level was second-to-last and he complained about how different it was from the other levels and then after playing the very last he was like "well since this video was so short, might as well present you something from the talkhaus" and then the rest of the video was a little music video of sorts of all the levels he played while say something played in the background
say what yo want but i legit went "awwwww!" especially since one level had the gimmick of fuzzies and he kept his yoshi until the next level and he ran after it to catch it when it ran off
spatula
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I had a dream that the right part of my nose was gone (the part that kinda makes it so you have a nostril). It was weird and I had to go across like... A lake or something to get to a doctor or something? I don't know it was weird.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

I was testing roacow part path in the dating sim, which was real life. Then the truck rolled over on me because it was a steep hill. I felt the pressure then somehow died into nothingness. It felt like a very real slideshow.

I didn't know I would wake up so it was really scary.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

I had really messed up dream a couple of days ago,

So basically, for whatever reason, raocow was doing a video about a game his sister (apparently my brain thought Rao had a sister) made. It was, simply put, a Mega Man fighting game. Rao got passed the first few foes with ease but then he started fighting Guts Man ( I think?) and he got his ass kicked about a dozen times. At this point, it had turned into a Angercow video and he was really pissed off. He got Guts Man down to 2 bars of health and he had almost full health himself. Then, out of nowhere, Guts Man insta-killed him with a cheap technique and this is what happens next:

*throws controller* '' That's it [insert forgotten name here]! I'm coming for you,you bitch!''

*walks away*
*Rao shouting in the background with female voice crying*
*voices get in microphone range*
'' Sam, let me go please!''
'' NO!''
'' But what about your audience?! ''
'' Screw the audience! ''
*big BUMP sound followed by a series of smaller bumps*

Rao then spoke in a very joyful tone:

'' Hey guys! Look what I drew this morning! ''

Game disappears and is replace by a drawing of a tall man with a satanic smile and a knife in one of his hands, stabbing what could be described as a pile of flesh in the shape of a woman with the video slowly fading to red-ish black.

Then I woke up and thought to myself: '' Well that was weird ''. Later I went on Youtube like every morning to get my daily dose of raocow goodness, wondering what game he had decided to play since TSRPR was over. I saw '' Rock Man '' and instantly turned my computer off. What are the odds?
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

That's, uh... wow.

...I dreamt that production started up on A3MT and I could only think "guys what the heck seriously???"
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

swirlybomb wrote:That's, uh... wow.

...I dreamt that production started up on A3MT and I could only think "guys what the heck seriously???"
At least it wasn't disturbing like the other raocow dreams.
Sententious Pleiades wrote: Goals for A3MT
Custom boss every level
Mode 7 overworld
6 switch places instead of four, with every level having each kind of switch box
And this is weird why?

I would like to know how that conversation went down.