(shouting)

something that actually lets you see what the thread is abou

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Tito Approved

Re: something that actually lets you see what the thread is

Post by Tito Approved »

SayAnything wrote:
Tito Approved wrote:
SayAnything wrote:Nuking it (or other weapons we may develop in the future/may be unaware of) is precisely what I am talking about. One day some lesser country is going to make a terrible decision and we'll all be doomed from it.
Damn those lesser countries, only the USA is allowed to nuke people. :?
The USA is smart enough now to know not to nuke the entire planet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bom ... d_Nagasaki

Anyone who's smart enough to build a bomb is smart enough to figure out it will screw the world over, badly.
I'm boss
ImageImage
Click megaman for great art
ePunk

Post by ePunk »

Oh silly 2012 followers. I have no idea why people are actually buying this...

December 21st, 2012 is called the "End of Ages" by the Mayans because that's when the Age of Pisces ends and the Age of Aquarius starts. The reasons they decided to pick the winter solstice of 2012 is because that is when the planets will all line up in a row and the constellations change, for the Mayans, and the Southern Hemisphere in general, Pisces has been slowly drifting out of the sky, and Aquarius has been slowly drifting in.

And also our sun won't "blow up". It'll grow to be a red giant and engulf all the inner planets of our solar system before slowly and quietly shrinking until it becomes a black dwarf :( poor little guy.

A lot of ancient cultures relied heavily on the sun and stars. Often even considering them gods. So when galactic ages came to an end, or galactic alignment occurred they thought it was a huge deal.
Wareng Teng

Post by Wareng Teng »

Tito Approved wrote:
SayAnything wrote:
Tito Approved wrote:
Damn those lesser countries, only the USA is allowed to nuke people. :?
The USA is smart enough now to know not to nuke the entire planet.

Anyone who's smart enough to build a bomb is smart enough to figure out it will screw the world over, badly.
GOD DAMMIT
DESTROY TWO CITIES AND IT STAYS WITH YOU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
IceSoldier

Post by IceSoldier »

ePunk wrote:Oh silly 2012 followers. I have no idea why people are actually buying this...

December 21st, 2012 is called the "End of Ages" by the Mayans because that's when the Age of Pisces ends and the Age of Aquarius starts. The reasons they decided to pick the winter solstice of 2012 is because that is when the planets will all line up in a row and the constellations change, for the Mayans, and the Southern Hemisphere in general, Pisces has been slowly drifting out of the sky, and Aquarius has been slowly drifting in.

And also our sun won't "blow up". It'll grow to be a red giant and engulf all the inner planets of our solar system before slowly and quietly shrinking until it becomes a black dwarf :( poor little guy.

A lot of ancient cultures relied heavily on the sun and stars. Often even considering them gods. So when galactic ages came to an end, or galactic alignment occurred they thought it was a huge deal.
Somebody has seen Zeitgeist.

Yeah, I think the 2012 thing is a load of crap, for this reason.
Yay for not viewing signatures!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Complete Chaos, cause by one of two things.
A. Nothing happening and people want to not be wrong.
B. The hype made them go crazy.

Nothing is going to happen to earth.
But humanity, yes.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
Tito Approved

Post by Tito Approved »

SayAnything wrote:
Tito Approved wrote:
SayAnything wrote:The USA is smart enough now to know not to nuke the entire planet.

Perhaps I'm thinking more of a leader who is so power hungry that if they can't get something they want they'll destroy everything.
In all of history I can not think of a single leader who would have done this.
SayAnything wrote:Besides, times were different then, and I couldn't see (especially with agreements that have been arranged which I'm not familiar with but am positive of their existence) our presidents these days using such strong weapons unless our country was equally threatened first.
Yes, times were different because you knew no one was going to nuke you back. Thank god the Soviets built some.
I'm boss
ImageImage
Tito Approved

Post by Tito Approved »

SayAnything wrote:
Tito Approved wrote:In all of history I can not think of a single leader who would have done this.
Had Hitler have had the same firepower that can be produced today I personally would say it's a safe bet, and that's but one example.
Hitler would have nuked the Soviets and maybe the Brits to win the war, just like you did with the japanese. He wouldn't have nuked the world for nothing.

Nobody is mad enough to decide to nuke the entire world out of the blue, that's just ridiculous. The reason the USA doesn't want nukes to spread is because they'll have to stop gratuitously invading other countries.
I'm boss
ImageImage
Real

Post by Real »

Say anything is a really mediocre band just fyi

but i'm with sa because everyone knows that HITLER would NUKE THE WORLD because he is obviously a VILLAIN. THE WORLD IS BLACK AND WHITE:
Last edited by Real 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
B)
Tito Approved

Post by Tito Approved »

Stop ruin of argument ok?
I'm boss
ImageImage
Real

Post by Real »

Still, though, these people are not leaders.
Believe it or not, every president or dictator or whatever is more intelligent than you. Think about that while you scream about Kim Jong-Il being crazy and wants to nuke the free world.

IT IS NOT A CASE OF GOOD VS. EVIL, IT IS JUST A CASE OF DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE (glorious communism vs. pig-dog capitalevilism)
B)
Real

Post by Real »

SayAnything wrote:
Real wrote: Believe it or not, every president or dictator or whatever is more intelligent than you. Think about that while you scream about Kim Jong-Il being crazy and wants to nuke the free world.
It's not about intelligence but rather values and beliefs and a convoluted and strange mindset.
No, sorry. It takes intelligence to be a leader. Values are of course a big part of it, but there's a reason you don't see Forrest Gump humping the moon screaming "bubaaa-AH".
B)
Real

Post by Real »

SayAnything wrote:Not the rise to power, but the actions carried out after they have received that position.
So people become stupid when they get power. Noted.
SayAnything wrote: thanks for elaborating couldn't have figured that last part out myself
Yeah I know ur p. dumb
B)
Real

Post by Real »

SayAnything wrote:
Real wrote:
SayAnything wrote:Not the rise to power, but the actions carried out after they have received that position.
So people become stupid when they get power. Noted.
You're still missing the point. Just because someone is smart enough to be a respected leader for a million people doesn't mean they won't do whatever it takes to expand that power. Intelligence does not prevent a power-hungry mind.
Did you learn about psychology by reading comic books and watching anime?
Well-educated men and women like those who rule this world are rational as fuck, even though it may not always seem like it.
Also, just because people want more power doesn't mean they'll nuke the world. Everyone knows the effects of nuclear bombs, even sociopaths.
B)
Real

Post by Real »

SayAnything wrote: Not the entire world, just those who oppose. They can destroy themselves after that.

you're not fun to argue with because you're hurting my feelings with every comment
Revolution, man. Revolution. That is the source of those problems. Killing opposition is rational from their point of view. In the theocratic countries the "rationality" can of course be disputed, but they do not rule from our pov, do they? They run things according to an old book including morals and shizzle and interprets them in a way you do not like.
B)
Real

Post by Real »

You, me, and everyone else all know that even a limited nuclear war with todays bombs would kill off pretty much everything on earth
B)