(shouting)

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: activation thread

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Liquid Salad wrote: 1 year ago hi im liquid, online forums? in 2022??? :catplanet2:
I know right? Wild

Welcome to talkhaus though, it's chill here
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
yuuki_f

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Post by yuuki_f »

I found out about raocow out of desperation for mariali content. From there I found this...beautiful late 90s website time capsule. Hello.
:ace_pride:
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

yuuki_f wrote: 1 year ago I found out about raocow out of desperation for mariali content. From there I found this...beautiful late 90s website time capsule. Hello.
this is a powerful first post
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

welcome, I'm sure you'll find something around the different threads

Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
yuuki_f

Post by yuuki_f »

KobaBeach wrote: 1 year ago
yuuki_f wrote: 1 year ago I found out about raocow out of desperation for mariali content. From there I found this...beautiful late 90s website time capsule. Hello.
this is a powerful first post
This fills me with hope.

You folks here seem to have a long history with this.
yuuki_f

Post by yuuki_f »

AmeijinMayo wrote: 1 year ago welcome, I'm sure you'll find something around the different threads

Thanks. Best gif.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

yuuki_f wrote: 1 year ago This fills me with hope.

You folks here seem to have a long history with this.
Mariari is a really hard Mario & Wario clone. But Marisa x Alice is a really cute pairing. So either way we win.
Image Image
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

I more of a ReiMari enjoyer, personally. :reimuko:
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
etheria
Pronouns: any

Post by etheria »

hi hey, I've been lurking off and on for one thousand years and i don't think i've ever said anything here

hello
video gameing
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

gazongo
Image Image
yuuki_f

Post by yuuki_f »

EllenHouraisan wrote: 1 year ago I more of a ReiMari enjoyer, personally. :reimuko:
Man, the ReiMari ship is a completely different dynamic, isn't it? In most doujins, you see this completely different personality from Marisa when it's ReiMari as opposed to MariAli.
yuuki_f

Post by yuuki_f »

etheria wrote: 1 year ago hi hey, I've been lurking off and on for one thousand years and i don't think i've ever said anything here

hello
yowatup
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

yuuki_f wrote: 1 year ago Man, the ReiMari ship is a completely different dynamic, isn't it? In most doujins, you see this completely different personality from Marisa when it's ReiMari as opposed to MariAli.
It probably has to do with how both Reimu and Marisa have very open, assertive personalities and a friendship-rivalry sort of relationship in the series itself, so doujins tend to explore how that develops from there (which I realize is how I tend to write romance between my own characters, too). When it comes to Marisa and Alice, their personalities are very different, so it usually involves a more idealized version of Marisa who has to break Alice (usually with a more tsundere personality) out of her shell for romance's sake. It can be cute for sure, but I'm one of those people who prefers Alice's canon personality where she's a rather cold, isolated prodigy who appears to mostly respect Marisa as a competent magician rather than appreciate her company. Which, granted, makes her a pretty difficult character to write into a romance plot, so I can see why they soften her up a little in fanworks.

I just wish Alice would get some proper spotlight in official works. :mishi:
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
Matthew_Coco
I do be vibin' though >o<
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Matthew_Coco »

Uh... hi! I'm Coconut. (Matthew is my name obviously) I am currently an English major in university that consumes books, video games ( :kood: ), anime, manga, and music. I have recently gotten more into working out and attempting to 1cc some games. (Most recent one is Wild Guns on the SNES)

I'll really play any kind of game unless it's a MMORPG. (I really like Platformers, shoot em' ups, and RPGs!) I have many favorites but it would take me hours to list them all.

I started watching raocow regularly sometime during my high school days though I have vague memories MANY years ago of running across a video of some guy providing weird-ass commentary while playing a SMW hack. (Maybe that was raocow?) I only joined the Talkhaus recently because I was curious about what it looked like. The kindness and creativity present in this community genuinely warms my heart and I'm glad to play a miniscule part in this community. I'm usually down for a friendly chat (though there may be periods when I'm straight up not here for a while)

Nice meeting you all! (Also, happy pride month :pride: )

This looks so strange. :mgmn8:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Matthew_Coco wrote: 1 year ago This looks so strange. :mgmn8:
i did all the mgmns as a joke once. i was very bored. they might have been inspired by seeing me irl from magmml on narfnra's twitter but i forget actually

im still pissed the mm7 one kind of took a hit in quality whenever i tried to ctrl c ctrl v it thanks win8.1 and win10

welcone, if my constant chattiness on the games thread wasn't proof of that already
Image Image
Matthew_Coco
I do be vibin' though >o<
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Matthew_Coco »

i did all the mgmns as a joke once. i was very bored. they might have been inspired by seeing me irl from magmml on narfnra's twitter but i forget actually

im still pissed the mm7 one kind of took a hit in quality whenever i tried to ctrl c ctrl v it thanks win8.1 and win10

welcone, if my constant chattiness on the games thread wasn't proof of that already
Oh I thought it was some weird inside joke or something that only ogs in this forum would get. They look so :mgmn: cool and :mgmn8: weird. Kinda :mgmn7: cute in a way. A mod with these sprites needs to be made haha.

Thank you very much. Your chattiness does not bother me at all.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Matthew_Coco wrote: 1 year ago Oh I thought it was some weird inside joke or something that only ogs in this forum would get.
Oh no, that would be something like... The Sounds Good boombox (i personally never got it i just think it looks cute)? "im nightposting"? BlackDS? We do not speak of rAod outside of when I decide to dredge it up to traumatize people, feel free to look at the thread if you want to lose some braincells out of yaoi stan lunacy and constant dismissal of personal boundaries.

There's also old rena IRC injokes but her chat (currently Discord) isn't talkhaus related anymore outside of sharing a few members. It's a friend chat, we just vibe.
Image Image
BigBoyarDeku
First name: alice
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BigBoyarDeku »

hi i might be called alice and i exist and i like stuff. i've been watching raocow for a few years (not very often though) so today i decided to check this place out (ik my acc is like 4 years old but eh) and it seems like a pretty nice place so far so that's cool!
idk im pretty lazy and sometimes i play videogames and stuff
recently i beat the extra stage on touhou 14
:catplanet: (pfp is epic gamer maker on picrew)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

BigBoyarDeku wrote: 1 year ago hi i might be called alice and i exist and i like stuff.
hello alice :eye:

I think you can change your acc name by pming a mod or admin. Check with the coppers and they should forward you to someone. Maybe it's only rena that can change it, maybe someone else can. I'm not familiar with the insides of this forum I post daily on.

Hope you've at least been enjoying recent series, Outer Wilds, Toree, Skullmonkeys, etc. If not, that's fine too, we're not all insane superfans that consume everything raocow makes, some of us don't watch him much either. I'm only watching all three out of Skull, Raks and Sonic Chronic because they interest me in some fashion.
Image Image
BigBoyarDeku
First name: alice
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BigBoyarDeku »

i've been watching jump half but it's taking me a while (im really lazy with like everything) but im on summer vacation rn so i might try finishing that and watching one of the newer playthroughs. also i can't really guarantee i will be very active in this place sorry.
anyways thanks for being nice! and thanks for telling me abt the name stuff even tho it's not a huge concern for me
:catplanet: (pfp is epic gamer maker on picrew)
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Welcome to talkhaus, Alice. Hope you find a series that you like or don't like outta the stuff raocow has played, you might find some pretty amusing moments in one of 'em. Oh and hope you have a nice Summer break as well
ANONDRAGON

Post by ANONDRAGON »

Hello! :pal: My name is ANONDRAGON. I originally first discovered raocow when I wanted to watch an LP of VIP 1 cuz I remembered seeing the VIPs at a young age and I wanted to find an LP of them and I discovered his second VIP 1 LP. However, my first actual exposure to raocow related content was watching someone's ASMT LP, but I didn't know about the association at the time until I discovered his channel. I then decided to watch raocow's videos in a chronlogical-ish order, but that really didn't work out well and so I kind of just stopped watching. However, I would occasionally watch him a few times, but I wouldn't really remember much of my experiences later on. Eventually, I somehow rediscovered raocow, last year I believe, and have been watching his videos sometimes (on and off, depends on the game and if it interests me) a bit more consistently recently. As for more about myself, I exist and do stuff sometimes.
void
wow
First name: vic
Pronouns: they/he

Post by void »

"back" ""again"" i keep forgetting to check forums in several month intervals
:reimuko:
Noelle
I only exist inside those people who are aware of my existence.
First name: No-L
Pronouns: she/bog witch ❦

Post by Noelle »

Hi, my name is Noelle and I'm bad with introductions. :ehh:
I like niche and artsy things, I enjoy being silly a moderate amount. I feel more comfortable communicating in places like forums, I never got used to social media and I'm sure I won't, in particular I like being in a place where other people have niche interests too, it's so much more enjoyable to interact in places like this. It's not so much about staying in an echo chamber, but just having a place to belong, a proper community so to speak. I don't know what else to say, so... I hope we all can get along. :catplanet:
:ace_pride: "No matter where you go, everyone is connected."
:mgmnds:

You are too big to be a slug.

lifelike noise
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

Noelle wrote: 1 year ago Hi, my name is Noelle and I'm bad with introductions. :ehh:
I like niche and artsy things, I enjoy being silly a moderate amount. I feel more comfortable communicating in places like forums, I never got used to social media and I'm sure I won't, in particular I like being in a place where other people have niche interests too, it's so much more enjoyable to interact in places like this. It's not so much about staying in an echo chamber, but just having a place to belong, a proper community so to speak. I don't know what else to say, so... I hope we all can get along. :catplanet:
although I don't internet much anymore agreed and welcome nyoro~n

I checked out your bandcamp and as someone who also makes weird music i'm totally dig the aesthetic and the kingsfieldy darksynth stuff hehe

btw did you join an Asian movie discord the other day but leave because it was dead? it's not unlikely that it was just someone else with the same name but I noticed the coincidence and thought i'd ask