(shouting)

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Sharkenaa

Re: Introduction Thread

Post by Sharkenaa »

Yo. I tend to always write something confusing (often a huge wall of text) in this sorta threads. Then I go out editing my post (Possibly because I'm pedantic?), and it ends up being something even more confusing for myself, that doesn't even tell the original truth I had in my mind when posting. So I'll go short on this one.

I heard about raocow from either Cloud8745 or ProtonJonSA, who both supposedly quit YouTube (Well, Cloud's got another account, don't know how ProtonJon's doing, though.). It was somewhere in April-May '09. Rao was playing RttC at that point, and after that, when he started LP'ing SMarisaW, I got introduced (read: addicted) to Touhou series.

I had heard about it, like, once, when Cloud did a short run on EoSD and PCB. That was somewhere in October-December 2008. It might be that Cloud also introduced me to ProtonJon. Cloud was, after all, the first LP'er/walkthrough-guy I found on the Internet.

It was around May '08 when I registered my first account on YouTube. I have no idea whether it was before or after I found about Cloud and LP's. Anyway, back then, I was playing Ape Escape for, what, fifth(?) time. I decided to search videos on YouTube about that game, and the first one I came across was Cloud's walkthrough of it. I don't remember which part it was, but it wasn't the first one. That's why I decided to watch first part of Rao's RttC playthrough, so I could remember my first video I watched from him.

That means my first game I owned (got for birthday present with my PS1 from my stepfather when I was 7), got me into the Internet for real, and even reduced my console playing. Now I don't even have a TV in my room, because I don't watch any channels and I don't even play console games. It was just wasted space.

I don't know how I remember these things.. Nowadays I seem to forget things really easily, that's why I sometimes need to jump up from bed just to write down a movie I could watch, or any other idea that pops in my mind before falling asleep, so I remember it still in the morning.

And no, I'm not new here, but I had a posted in the same thread in 'the rest' before it got purged and changed to 'the gazebo'. Figured might as well as post again.

I often return to my (recently written) posts to see that every little punctuation and capital letter is on it's right place. Often it takes a while before I even press 'Submit' to post what I've written, even if it was only a few line. Which means I use the 'Preview' -button a lot. Like now; I think I've pressed it more than ten times by now, and I'm still reading through my post. So, I like good grammar, but I don't judge you if you use... Actually, maybe I do. WRITE your goddamn words. Well, if it's IRC/IM/etc, then it's fine to shorten some words.

I'm selfish and jealous on the inside, but in public (and for some reason, on the Internet, too D:) I act like a polite gentleman. Saying "Thank you." when the cashier gives money back on the checkout, opening doors for other people, not being able to say my real, rude thoughts about a possible subject, that I don't like, and other similar, silly-for-this-personality, stuff.

If anyone ever recreates the 'Five Interesting Things About Yourself' -thread, consider this post in it already, as this post seemed to curve in the wrong direction.
"Go short on this one." Bhah, yeah right.
Last edited by Sharkenaa 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Deed

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Post by Deed »

Your excessive tl;dr reminds me of how I used to post. Holy sh--poo.
POW
[20:47] <+GenericDude1> HOLY FUCK
[20:47] <+GenericDude1> I LOVE PENIS

[01:45:32] Non-Playable Character #Q: not really
[01:45:39] Non-Playable Character #Q: but this is slightly exhausting
[01:45:45] Non-Playable Character #Q: all this screwing

Generic you goddamn studmuffin~
Shanara

Post by Shanara »

Uh... if people who already introduced themselves/are quite old here are re-introcuding themselves, Guess I should, for this Gazebo of sorts.

Ohai, people. I'm one of the IRC'rs. I'm the one with the perma log, who's always online.... even if most time is just my computer on spy mode.

Where the hell are my cigarrettes? Will be just a second, be right back.

Better now. Err... what was I talking about? Oh, yes. Here, at forum, I'm not one of the most active people... mostly cause I'm at IRC. I knew about raocow via TVtropes, iirc... not sure at this moment. It was by 2008, that's for sure... after summer, also for sure. At first I just thought he was crazy, but later (three minutes later) I found myself addicted to his rants. Seriously, his rants are awesome.

I'm token spanish here, and I hate the term Spaniard. You use it, I'll call you a USArd, or a Canadard, or whatever, finished in ard... Just fair making YOU look like a retARD also.

I'mof the female persuasion, but, if you try to hit on me, I'll hit on you, with my boots. ok? Except you, Kraze. YOU can hit on me all you want.

P.S.

I know I have no avatar or signature... I don't do avatars, ok?
Kraze422

Post by Kraze422 »

Shanara wrote:Except you, Kraze. YOU can hit on me all you want.
8-)
What?

Oh...
kilon

Post by kilon »

Do I really need to re-introduce myself?
rubberfishy

Post by rubberfishy »

kilon wrote:Do I really need to re-introduce myself?
who are you?
SleepingHero

Post by SleepingHero »

Hello, I'm SleepingHero. Nice to meet you all.

Long time watcher, first time forum-er(?)

So about me, I live in Sweden, but I'm actually Finish so I know three languages. I've had a small desire of LP:ing for some time now but no necessary equipment so we'll see how that comes along. I'm slightly sarcastic, hilarity enjoying and my favourite word of all time is Shenanigans.

So yeah, trying not to make a TL;DR post so I'll probably see you all around.

Cheerios!
Gotta find some hilarious, outrageous and never before witnessed raocow quote to put here

BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

SleepingHero wrote:Cheerios!
Good choice, good choice, but I think Frosty Fakes are better.
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
SleepingHero

Post by SleepingHero »

BlackDS wrote:
You are indeed a most worthy adversary, but my trump card shall baffle us both. I present to thee... Coco Puffs!
Gotta find some hilarious, outrageous and never before witnessed raocow quote to put here

Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

BlackDS wrote:
First of all, there is no such thing as "Frosty Flakes." Maybe you meant "Frosted Flakes?" Secondly, Cheerios are the only decent cereal and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bad person. Especially BlackDS.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
Deed

Post by Deed »

Oh man, I laugh on your AMERICAN names for these things.

Cheerios are obviously superior, however, as they retain their name over here. Probably a Nestlé thing, though, since Frosties (Frosted Flakes) and Coco Pops (Coco PUFFS) are of Kellogs origin and all.
POW

Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

Deed wrote:Oh man, I laugh on your AMERICAN names for these things.
Frosties and Coco Pops? Your crazy British cereal names sound juvenile. Image

e: by the way, Cocoa Puffs and Cocoa Krispies are two entirely different things. The Coco Pops you have are actually Cocoa Krispies.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Deed

Post by Deed »

Oh I see. Also they're juvenile because hello target demographic of kiddies. Seriously, the adverts never fail, these days, to clarify that they're aimed at chillun.
POW

SleepingHero

Post by SleepingHero »

As it turns out I was actually referring to Coco pops since that is what we have here, we have nothing called Coco puffs in swedes so my bad

And on another note, this must be the most intense cereal related debate by far. Only in raocow.com

kilon

Post by kilon »

Actually there was a far more intense one in the old "the rest" that got nuked (don't ask)
Deed

Post by Deed »

Man, Project Jenova once had a thread called Cereal Wars, devoted to the debate of cereal brands.

Then again, nothing beats a bowl of good porridge. Scott's Porage Oats are simply marvellous in the morning.
POW

Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

kilon wrote:Actually there was a far more intense one in the old "the rest" that got nuked (don't ask)
I thought that was still in the Ask raocow thread?

e: yeah, here it is!!!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=280&start=793
Time Traveler's Textor

kilon

Post by kilon »

no, there was something else. I just can't remember what it was.

'gold fish = yum' according to google.
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

kilon wrote:no, there was something else. I just can't remember what it was.

'gold fish = yum' according to google.
That was not a discussion about cereal, it was a discussion about those gold fish cheese crackers.
Time Traveler's Textor

BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

Oh, oops, I'm used to calling them Frosty Flakes becasue my cheap bastard dad buys generic stuff. Now, behold my Circus Os and Coco Roos!
Do not deny it
SleepingHero

Post by SleepingHero »

kilon wrote:Actually there was a far more intense one in the old "the rest" that got nuked (don't ask)
Well okay then let me rephrase, it's the most intense cereal debate I've ever witnessed. Now all is good

pixisticks

Post by pixisticks »

Ellinor wrote:Hello guys ^_^
I'm new here, so you shoud all welcome me because I'm like a woman and stuff :!:
Well that answers the question of "do any other girls watch raocow's videos?" XD

Um. Hi, world. :o

...I'm a really good lurker? *slinks off*
BlackDS

Post by BlackDS »

I just decapitated you and sucking your sweet brains out. Welcome to talkhaus.
Do not deny it
Daze

Post by Daze »

BlackDS wrote:I just decapitated you and sucking your sweet brains out. Welcome to talkhaus.
BlackDS, don't decapitate girls. It's bad manners. =P

@Pixi - There's other girls around, too. They just don't speak up quite as much. (Except for Kraze. She does things.)
Formerly "dazedouji" ~ Image
-----
It's been 6 years since I was here last! The more things change, the more they stay the same.
-----
Lastest check-in: July 29, 2019. :slow: :demo:
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

BlackDS wrote:I just decapitated you and sucking your sweet brains out. Welcome to talkhaus.
What the hell BlackDS do you seriously need to alienate every new poster on the forums
Time Traveler's Textor