(shouting)

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Master S

Hmmmm.... Do I have a story to tell?

Post by Master S »

Ohai all, this is me, Master S. Not alot to say, except that I'm someone from SMWCentral. That pretty much sums me up... Wasn't that exciting, was it?

Oh and I try to make stabs at humour, but fail, kinda like what I just said 'bout mah summary. :s
Here I am...
boredman

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Post by boredman »

I'm boredman and I'm bored. So I hack SMW and TAS SM64 as well as other stuff...
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I am xnamkcor.
Currently I'm without a PC. I will get one when I can, sorry.
I am mostly proficient in mispelling proficient and RAM stuffs.
I came here because I admire raocow's voice and comedy. I hope to contribute at some point.

You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
x0_000

Post by x0_000 »

Heyo folks, just dropped by for the oppurtunity to suggest/make some graphics for A2MT after the youtube announcement.
Natenaterson

Post by Natenaterson »

Hey, I'm Natenaterson but I prefer simply being referred to as Nate, because the former is a terrible idea for a username anyway. So basically I joined this here Talkhaus because I enjoy raocow's Let's Play videos quite a bit, especially for his entertaining voice and commentary. I've been doing Let's Plays from time to time over the last year or so, but I haven't quite gotten as good at it as I'd like to (my stuff is quite boring and dull in my opinion, and my voice is a real turnoff for new subscribers, I find... but that's another story.) I'm also an amateur game designer, and I've made a few games here and there, including a Ludum Dare game that got into the top 20 or something maybe. Anyway, I hope I have a fun time here and all that good stuff.
Roykirbs
what
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Roykirbs »

Hey there all!
I thought it would be a swell idea to join this community of people.
BlackEagle766

Ohai thar ladies and mentlegen

Post by BlackEagle766 »

Hey there people, I'm BlackEagle766.

Like Master-S, Some of you might know me as a user from SMWcentral (tough I doubt it).
I'm a bit of random person and I tought it would be nice to sign up here and see all those interesting posts and topics and post in the interesting conversations made by all these people from the same planet on a network of computers across the globe. I'm kinda getting addicted to forums lately...
Mrmrkohl

Post by Mrmrkohl »

WASSUP!
I AM MRMRKOHL!!!!! and i do stuff woopie! :P
I'm back... and as useless as ever!!!
Iron Fin

Post by Iron Fin »

Hiya, I'm kinda new, but my old email kept rejecting me, so it took a lot of work to get this account running! :D . But now I'm here, and we shall see what are the haps after a while.
Some spikes fall, others prosper.
Are you part of the prosperous community? Join us now! In Survivor 2005 - Inanimate objects edition.
You know, the loser gets sent away on ebay, it's pretty tragic. - raocow, vanilla contest 2010- 2nd 4th place.

Ohh.. Shocker! Shocker, molocker, Betty Crocker! - TLs4 - Yggi x11

Pison

Post by Pison »

Well, I guess I'll make my obligatory introduction since I asked for help elsewhere here.

Hi.
trough

Post by trough »

Welcome everyone!

I like your avatar xnamkcor.
IDK Ryu Bateson

Post by IDK Ryu Bateson »

Well, eh... hello everyone I guess...
Yeah, it's a bit funny, you know, when I heard, like, "raocow taking a break from LPs" and stuff I thought "oh man, time to get an account, as most certainly 10k youtube subs of support and understanding won't be enough". But now I'm here and somehow fail to even find a "let's cheer up raocow" thread or something... maybe I fail because of its simple inexistence or because my searching skills are horrible... which is quite a likely option if I'm honest with myself for a moment. But yeah, enjoying several hundreds of videos... don't know, given the current situation it just didn't feel right to me to continue enjoying them without at least spamming a "I like your stuff, man" - comment or something...
Ah, well, anyway, now I'm here I guess, although I'm not quite sure if I'll be posting too much. I mean, yeah, I obviously follow raocow's youtube LP's for quite a while now - in fact I saw most of his vids by now, I think - and since there's obviously a bunch of other LP dudes around here I might check you out as well sooner or later... yeah, probably post stuff in the corresponding threads.
Other than that... not much I'll do here, I guess. I mean... I'm not an Let'sPlayer myself (in fact I don't have a youtube-account and don't plan on getting one right now, that's why I'm here instead of youtube...), I don't have any art I could show off and I'm not much of a hacker as well (although I put a bit work into Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones hacking, but for private use only and nothing too fancy), so my options are pretty limited from the very beginning.

So, what else you probably don't even care about knowing? ^^
For once, if my English sucks, tell me, correct me, I'm out of school for some time now and my skills of using the English language will not improve any further if I'm allowed to screw up badly without this being pointed out. So what is my native origin? Well, don't feel like telling right now, as I think... it doesn't really matter nor does it really tell much about me, since I'd not quite consider myself a typical... now I almost wrote it. ;p
Well, I wager you figured out already, but one of my main hobbies is playing video games (big surprise!), other than that Anime & Manga is one of my main sources of wasting... er... spending time. Other than that I somewhat watch wrestling and soccer, but not quite as much as I used to, if at all, that is.
Now up to the important part... well, how to put this in a way it doesn't sound stupid or retarted or both at the very same time? Well, let's say I somewhat have a crush on every "close to perfection" (female) being out there. Yeah, sounds nerdy... maybe it is. Heck if I know or care. Well, it's not that I'm like not getting the diference between reality and fiction and I'm pretty aware there's neither "perfection" nor a definition of "perfection" everyone would agree to, Philosophy was part of my studies at university, so yeah, I'm *very* aware of that. Than again I believe there's many different ways to be "close to perfect" and I also believe human ratio is quite able to think through some stuff, so while objectiveness is pretty much impossible to attain, I think the human spirit can reach for something close regardless. But now I'm writing too much about a side-topic, that's not really that relevant, other than this is a nice excuse... I mean a nice explanation why liking fictional characters as much as non-fictional ones isn't too stupid. Fictional Characters usually can be associated with some values after all, so... yeah. Point being: there's a huge lot of female characters I cannot stand reading crap about. One reason why I avoid getting a youtube-account, as we all know, youtube-comments can be really stupid at times and my stupid way too strong sense of justice would force me to comment on those if I came across... and I really don't want to waste my life trolling. ;)
Ah well, maybe I was a bit hyperbolical right now, but well, guess that'll do. And yeah, as I can tell from first impressions posting standards around here are quite decent anyway, so I'll just believe for now that there won't be any problems here anyway. Another reason why I didn't only consider registering here, but really did. I know this sounds extremely arrogant, but I mean this as a compliment, really...
Oh Good Lord, writing a book here and quite possibly making myself infamous already... so... maybe some Ryu-trivia you may or may not be interested in to get done with this first post...
- yeah, the name is a reference to the main character of Breath of Fire II
- IDK stands for "Infernal Dragon Knight"
- I'm currently still studying at university, my mother tongue to be precise...
- while I learned to like short hair on females I still prefer long. Like... *really* long ^^
- regarding gaming I prefer (round-based) RPGs and Zelda-Style games over the rest
- no real musical preferences, but for the most part I listen to Within Temptation, Nightwish and - who didn't see that coming? - Videogame Music.
- favourite Pokémon is Jigglypuff
- can't think of anything else right now... guess that'll have to do for now.

And now I'm going to find out how to edit my profile for some dumb signature text and probably a avatar picture...
What's the worst part of the internet? Maybe it's people who believe "being funny" equals disrespect, stupidity and plain ignorance.
Hunter766

Post by Hunter766 »

Hey, I'm Hunter766. Not a lot of things to say, but I enjoy Reocow LPs every day, at 18:00, because I live in France. Yeah, I can understand raocow when he's speaking French, and I have to admit that it's hilarous and disturbing at the same time to hear raocow speaking another language than English.
That's it, I guess...
"Wait, is that a toaster with wheels?!"
Dan

Post by Dan »

IDK Ryu Bateson wrote:Well, eh... hello everyone I guess...
Yeah, it's a bit funny, you know, when I heard, like, "raocow taking a break from LPs" and stuff I thought "oh man, time to get an account, as most certainly 10k youtube subs of support and understanding won't be enough". But now I'm here and somehow fail to even find a "let's cheer up raocow" thread or something... maybe I fail because of its simple inexistence or because my searching skills are horrible... which is quite a likely option if I'm honest with myself for a moment. But yeah, enjoying several hundreds of videos... don't know, given the current situation it just didn't feel right to me to continue enjoying them without at least spamming a "I like your stuff, man" - comment or something...
Ah, well, anyway, now I'm here I guess, although I'm not quite sure if I'll be posting too much. I mean, yeah, I obviously follow raocow's youtube LP's for quite a while now - in fact I saw most of his vids by now, I think - and since there's obviously a bunch of other LP dudes around here I might check you out as well sooner or later... yeah, probably post stuff in the corresponding threads.
Other than that... not much I'll do here, I guess. I mean... I'm not an Let'sPlayer myself (in fact I don't have a youtube-account and don't plan on getting one right now, that's why I'm here instead of youtube...), I don't have any art I could show off and I'm not much of a hacker as well (although I put a bit work into Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones hacking, but for private use only and nothing too fancy), so my options are pretty limited from the very beginning.

So, what else you probably don't even care about knowing? ^^
For once, if my English sucks, tell me, correct me, I'm out of school for some time now and my skills of using the English language will not improve any further if I'm allowed to screw up badly without this being pointed out. So what is my native origin? Well, don't feel like telling right now, as I think... it doesn't really matter nor does it really tell much about me, since I'd not quite consider myself a typical... now I almost wrote it. ;p
Well, I wager you figured out already, but one of my main hobbies is playing video games (big surprise!), other than that Anime & Manga is one of my main sources of wasting... er... spending time. Other than that I somewhat watch wrestling and soccer, but not quite as much as I used to, if at all, that is.
Now up to the important part... well, how to put this in a way it doesn't sound stupid or retarted or both at the very same time? Well, let's say I somewhat have a crush on every "close to perfection" (female) being out there. Yeah, sounds nerdy... maybe it is. Heck if I know or care. Well, it's not that I'm like not getting the diference between reality and fiction and I'm pretty aware there's neither "perfection" nor a definition of "perfection" everyone would agree to, Philosophy was part of my studies at university, so yeah, I'm *very* aware of that. Than again I believe there's many different ways to be "close to perfect" and I also believe human ratio is quite able to think through some stuff, so while objectiveness is pretty much impossible to attain, I think the human spirit can reach for something close regardless. But now I'm writing too much about a side-topic, that's not really that relevant, other than this is a nice excuse... I mean a nice explanation why liking fictional characters as much as non-fictional ones isn't too stupid. Fictional Characters usually can be associated with some values after all, so... yeah. Point being: there's a huge lot of female characters I cannot stand reading crap about. One reason why I avoid getting a youtube-account, as we all know, youtube-comments can be really stupid at times and my stupid way too strong sense of justice would force me to comment on those if I came across... and I really don't want to waste my life trolling. ;)
Ah well, maybe I was a bit hyperbolical right now, but well, guess that'll do. And yeah, as I can tell from first impressions posting standards around here are quite decent anyway, so I'll just believe for now that there won't be any problems here anyway. Another reason why I didn't only consider registering here, but really did. I know this sounds extremely arrogant, but I mean this as a compliment, really...
Oh Good Lord, writing a book here and quite possibly making myself infamous already... so... maybe some Ryu-trivia you may or may not be interested in to get done with this first post...
- yeah, the name is a reference to the main character of Breath of Fire II
- IDK stands for "Infernal Dragon Knight"
- I'm currently still studying at university, my mother tongue to be precise...
- while I learned to like short hair on females I still prefer long. Like... *really* long ^^
- regarding gaming I prefer (round-based) RPGs and Zelda-Style games over the rest
- no real musical preferences, but for the most part I listen to Within Temptation, Nightwish and - who didn't see that coming? - Videogame Music.
- favourite Pokémon is Jigglypuff
- can't think of anything else right now... guess that'll have to do for now.

And now I'm going to find out how to edit my profile for some dumb signature text and probably a avatar picture...
Chill man we didn't ask for your life story
IDK Ryu Bateson

Well, excuse me for using the introduction thread to introduce myself. No offense intended.
What's the worst part of the internet? Maybe it's people who believe "being funny" equals disrespect, stupidity and plain ignorance.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Don't listen to him.
If you want to write walls of text, go ahead. Just don't expect lots of people to read it all the time.
IDK Ryu Bateson

I am kinda bad at listening anyway, so don't worry about me. Unless there's a good amount of really good arguments to think otherwise than I do, I'm normally quite stubborn. Also, I'm pretty much used to low amounts of people reacting to my texts so... this won't turn out to be a new experience, really. ^^
Trapped in Amber

Post by Trapped in Amber »

I have come to rid you of your tacos.

Wait, sorry, no.

'sup! Introduced to raocow through a pal and got addicted later in life. I basically watch him all the time now, I'm currently going through all of his stuff in one run (non-sequential, broken up by school, work and sleep).

I enjoy raocow's Touhou-related stuff the most, mostly because I'm a gigantic Touhou fangirl (as the avatar might have hinted).
paste

Post by paste »

Trapped in Amber wrote:I have come to rid you of your tacos.
Why would you do something so hurtful?..

Welcome!
Love, paste
BARF!
capefeather

Post by capefeather »

Hey there everyone! I'm capefeather, and I go by this name in most other places, so if you've seen a capefeather somewhere else it's probably me or some stalker... The first raocow video I saw was the first VIP 4 LP's "Temple of Homing" (?) level. I watched the LP from there up to the end, and then I stopped somewhere during the following LP, Kamek's Revenge (I haven't beaten Yoshi's Island, I don't plan on beating it any time soon, and it wasn't that interesting I guess). I stopped watching regularly for a while because I felt that I might end up playing one of these games and I didn't want to be spoiled... About a year later, I realized that I wasn't going to be playing these games, and I resumed regular watching when MKM started. I did see bits of Super Marisa World, MariAri, etc. though.

Finally, I hesitated for a long time to join this forum because I felt that I would have to make the most of it, and I didn't know if I'd be able to do that. A year passed that way, and now I've decided to join anyway. I might sign up for a possible spot on A2MT, idk... I read quite a bit of the Lunar Magic manual (but a lot of the technical stuff makes it really hard to keep going, even for me) and I've made like one half-assed level, but if I get a spot I promise to put effort into it. Time is the main problem because my schedule gets really erratic in the summer, so I tend to commit to projects during the school year (I've gotten pretty good at it, too). So if I attempt any FULL LPs it will be then.

Also I'm from Ontario.

YEAH raocow!!!!!!!
haligonian

Post by haligonian »

Trapped in Amber wrote:I have come to rid you of your tacos.
Back off I called dibs! :x

Hi everyone! 8D
I'm really nice.
NachoMan

Post by NachoMan »

Darn it there's someone here called machoman, I am forever doomed to play second fiddle

also I'm dylan and uh I dunno descriptions and stuff

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174 ... kittie.jpg have a kittie
RomHaxMax

Post by RomHaxMax »

Hiya, I am somewhat new
hows it hanging peeps?
Your Princess is in another castle!
Love Toad
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Falky, eighteen years old from England. I like most music and (mostly) older games. Been watching LPs for a while. I like beards, mine's 4 months old but not terribly thick <_< Not much else to say really.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SomerandomGuy

Post by SomerandomGuy »

Hey All,
(What do i say here)

I spend my free time watching raocow and trying (unsucessfully) to make a decent SMW hack.
I prefer the more retro games, having being brought up with a SNES and a N64.
I came here to ... erm... talk to people.

Thats about it.