(shouting)

Addicted? ish?

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
strawberrygirl

Addicted? ish?

Post by strawberrygirl »

hello world!
i was just woundering if this sounds like im addicted (ish) to pills.
i have TMJ, a jaw problem that makes all your muscles hurt. so most of the time in my live my jaw hurts real bad. its hurts like it you just put a hard candy in your mouth and chomped down on it with all your might and then your jaw hurts, right? well thats how i feel all the time.

latley ive been noticeing ive been taking aspirin and pain pills a lot more, which isnt that healthy. for exapmle: 2 advil every four hours which comes out to... well im too lazy to do math but thats A LOT! also its not perscription pills but like advil and tylenol. so i challenged myself to go a week with out any kind of pill (i take other non persciption pills for things)

right now its hour 23 (not counting sleep hours) and i feel like sh*t. my jaw hurts and i feel like throwing up. i cant sleep cuz i have a head ach which makes my jaw hurt so then it makes it more that it cant sleep.

so ive been holding myself down to not take pills but its so hard! in my family, if you have a problem its "go take this pill" or take two advil. or your sad, go take an antidepressent pill... well ive never taken one of those but im pretty sure that it might happen soon...

all im trying to do is cut back cuz i dont want to die when im 30 by liver failure.

now excuse me but im gunna go take an advil... or two :(
Last edited by strawberrygirl 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Time Traveler

Re: Addicted?

Post by Time Traveler »

Advil and Tylenol are not addictive. Besides, wouldn't it make more sense to go back to the recommended amount rather than just stopping taking them altogether?
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
BlackDS

Re: Addicted? ish?

Post by BlackDS »

You are a hardcore pill junkie, Keith Richards would be proud.
Go to re-hab, oh, and its 12 pills.
^"that is like the quotse of the year"
Do not deny it
My personal goal is to make 200 great posts.
Take my postcount, and subtract 1400.
Thats how many good posts i've made
Kraze422

Post by Kraze422 »

I don't think you're addicted, you're just used to taking those so the pain is obviously worse when you don't.

Have you gone to see a doctor about your condition?
Cuz I'm sure you can get a prescription that will take away the pain and you won't have to take Advil.
What?

Oh...
strawberrygirl

Post by strawberrygirl »

Kraze422 wrote:I don't think you're addicted, you're just used to taking those so the pain is obviously worse when you don't.

Have you gone to see a doctor about your condition?
Cuz I'm sure you can get a prescription that will take away the pain and you won't have to take Advil.
ive told my doctor and she said it was ok but it should be in the guide on the bottle. And ive had prescription pills. 6 pills that i took 3 times a day, man that were bad days. they all made me sick. and that went on for a while, so i went threw so many pills that the doctor just took me off of most of them. but now i only have valuem and a couple other perscription pills in reserve just in case its real bad.
Last edited by strawberrygirl 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow_Aura_Knight
Rarely seen in the wild
First name: Aura
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Shadow_Aura_Knight »

It just sound like what I do when I have something wrong with me.
But you shouldn't worry too much. Just stop taking them every time you can. Take maybe one a day, and you should be fine.
Woah.
strawberrygirl

Post by strawberrygirl »

Shadow_Aura_Knight wrote: Take maybe one a day, and you should be fine.
Ok, ill try that