(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: bitter dread

Post by Alice »

Mata Hari wrote:This thread's name is getting old, what should I change it to?
VLDC9 - viral lines deep conglomerations 9
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

hm... how about "twitter thread"?
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

You could call it something like 'critter tread' if you count all the users here as critters and treading as traffic
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote:hm... how about "twitter thread"?
This is the kind of dangerous new thinking we need in the talkhaus!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Re: twitter thread

Post by BurntTenda »

Oh man, February is now Twitter month, or something, I guess.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

good job!
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Maybe it's because a lot of people here aren't from the US, but I find the general lack of political panic at Talkhaus quite refreshing. After seeing it literally everywhere else I go.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

YelseyKing wrote:Maybe it's because a lot of people here aren't from the US, but I find the general lack of political panic at Talkhaus quite refreshing. After seeing it literally everywhere else I go.
i know i just feel like talkhaus is a space outside of politics. it would feel wrong to bring it up here unless it was a personal experience that was a direct result of political actions.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I mean, that stuff is on my mind quite a bit nowadays, but there's no reason to bring it with me everywhere I go. But this is more of a chill forum, and I'd rather just hop on and post some silly or fun stuff here instead.

As an aside, I spent a few minutes tonight looking at The Hall of Fame forum for whatever reason. I keep forgetting how sarcastic this place was even just a few years ago. It's still here to some degree, but it's also more chill. I like that.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Yeah, I totally agree with you guys. I see it as a *good* thing, as I said; I'm glad this place exists and is mostly free of that kind of drama, since I want at least *one* place on the net I can hang out and just have *fun*.
Bean wrote:As an aside, I spent a few minutes tonight looking at The Hall of Fame forum for whatever reason. I keep forgetting how sarcastic this place was even just a few years ago. It's still here to some degree, but it's also more chill. I like that.
I noticed that, too. Seems like a lot of the "old guard" were pretty cynical, but with most of them having left or been banned, those that remain and have come in since have been a lot friendlier, on the whole. Hell, even the Mosts in the last few years have leaned towards the positive. I recall as early as 2014 seeing a number of "Worsts", while the last couple years have narrowed them down to just a small number, mostly aimed at things rather than people. I like that.

I came to Talkhaus originally during the tail end of the "cynical" era, it seemed, what with the "impeachment" of Bwarch being among the first major events that happened after I arrived. (Funny thing, that... back then, I was afraid of him, but before he up and vanished, he was one of the people here I could pretty safely consider a friend. I miss him.) That all said, I do kinda wish I'd come here years ago, when this forum was super active; maybe it's just my imagination, but it feels like it's been really slow here of late.

Still. I like the majority of the people who still frequent this forum. I've been to many a forum, but I think Talkhaus has been the one I generally felt the most welcome at. You guys/gals rule.

End sappy, overly upbeat post. :P

Moists:

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote:Maybe it's because a lot of people here aren't from the US, but I find the general lack of political panic at Talkhaus quite refreshing. After seeing it literally everywhere else I go.
It probably has less to do with a non-US userbase as much as it does the generally laidback attitudes here. The main forum I frequent is a British forum and while Americans do make up the largest single demographic that still only accounts for something like 27% of the userbase and there's still a lot of political panic there. Quite often from people who aren't American even, mostly Canadians and British who are concerned about how Trump's policies are going to affect them.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

these days it's nice to have a place on the internet where you can go and not be worried about everything.

i guess you could say, when you go here there won't be any more.............

BITTER DREAD!!!!!!!!!
(sorry)
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Coryman »

As a Canadian I forget every other day that Trump is even president, though it never lasts long since he's the source for a lot of jokes...

On the subject of forums, I only really use two; the Talkhaus and the forums for The Powder Toy (Basically a super complicated falling sand game). The latter gets around 0-3 posts per day, and over half are about coding, suggestions for the game and people asking for help with it...
I mostly stay in the gazebo here, since I'm not super into video games or anything (though I do lurk in the art thread). It's probably my favourite internet community, as it's small enough that I recognise people but large enough to be a proper community
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
RegiGiygas

Re: biggie > tupac

Post by RegiGiygas »

who is biggie and who is tupac?
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

RegiGiygas wrote:who is biggie and who is tupac?
Brb, crying about how old I am. (They were big name rappers from the 90s btw)
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I like it when ya call me big papa
That crazy voice dude
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

RedMageMike wrote:
RegiGiygas wrote:who is biggie and who is tupac?
Brb, crying about how old I am. (They were big name rappers from the 90s btw)
I don't know if it has to do with age; I don't know who they are, and I don't know who today's big name rappers (or musicians in general) are either. Some of us just tune that out or don't encounter it.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Tupac is the modern Elvis. Died young, yet people constantly catch glimpses of him working at rural gas stations. :P

Moists:

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

tupac?

why not sxpac?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Grounder wrote:tupac?

why not sxpac?
why not tnpac
(Formerly Jayoshi)
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

ↄednʇ
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

This was where I found out about Tupac (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFBpdseKwo

I gotta admit, that still makes me chuckle.
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

i CANT believe you NERDS dont know about my main mans TUPAC and BIGGIE

RIP TO MY MAIN MANS TUPAC AND BIGGIE as long as the bullets keep flying our children will be dying its an injustice and all this hate isnt great it just causes state by state separate the situation shame we play the blame game but who to name for all the same pain s'insane my brain cant take it rip my boys up in the sky :cry:
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

nothobz wrote:i CANT believe you NERDS dont know about my main mans TUPAC and BIGGIE

RIP TO MY MAIN MANS TUPAC AND BIGGIE as long as the bullets keep flying our children will be dying its an injustice and all this hate isnt great it just causes state by state separate the situation shame we play the blame game but who to name for all the same pain s'insane my brain cant take it rip my boys up in the sky :cry:
same
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

i'm sure they were losers anyway
can't forget this guy
Waaa.