(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Coryman »

Who here is hoping that on the day of the election results, Trump will say "Look what you nearly voted for, you guys need to rethink your values!"?
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Telamon wrote:
pholtos wrote:I just don't know guys, especially with the leaks of the emails. I don't know if I can vote for a side like that. My conscience isn't letting me just do that.
Even when the alternative is unveiled racism?
You think I'd vote for that? Nope.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

At least you know what you're getting with Trump. Hillary is the corporate puppet, and super shady.
That crazy voice dude
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

You know, I think a lot of people liked Trump cause he did legitimately seem like the first candidate that wasn't just a puppet for a PR machine, but his speech last night seemed way different. And in general, he's seemed more like a typical candidate the further he's gotten into his campaign, and the more real it's become. I'm guessing he got a lot of pressure to start becoming more of a stereotypical republican candidate so that they could reel in as many demographics as possible, which makes sense from a strategic point of view. My dad posted on Facebook one of Trump's speeches recently about how Christianity is under attack, and we need more of it to fix America, which does not sound like a Trump thing at all to me.

It would be nice if there was someone like Trump who didn't seem like he was talking for 50 guys in suits, but wasn't also a cartoon bad guy. Because I do agree that Hillary barely seems like a person when she's campaigning. She mostly just seems like the mascot for her campaign. Like when she tweeted at Trump "delete your account" and everyone lost their mind. Did people actually think that was Hillary herself? Because I believe a lot of Trump's tweets are his, but I don't buy it for any of Hillary's. And if anything, I think the reason people were so excited about that tweet was because it was because she basically took Trump's shtick of throwing off the business-ey, corporate speak and acting like a human. An unfunny human who's appealing to the tumblr-humor demographic, but a human, nonetheless.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

what about that gary johnson guy
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ivy wrote:what about that gary johnson guy
Gary Johnson is socially liberal and economically retarded. He actually believes markets should be entirely deregulated, corporate taxes lowered, and the minimum wage abolished. (He's a libertarian.) His biggest strength compared to both Trump and Clinton is he's regarded as honest and someone of integrity. But when it comes to the stuff he'd want to do, it would only end badly if the economic stuff managed to get passed. If someone was a Sanders supporter and refuses to vote for Clinton then their best choice really is to just vote Jill Stein. She has less political experience than Clinton or Sanders but shares most of the same views Sanders has with a few exceptions such as nuclear power. But overall her platform is still closer to Sanders' than Clinton's.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Trump has no business being in office. First up, his immigration policies are misguided and won't fix what's going on. He's not going to stop people from getting through our southern borders and his nutjob idea of the wall won't do shit. He wants to remove H-1B, almost effectively making work visas pointless. That's not a good idea for reasons we could have its own thread about. If he really wants to help, how about making sure these companies aren't paying these guys half of minimum wage.

Whenever he talks about any foreign policy, all he ever talks about is "We're going to end ISIS." Great, what's your plan there? Oh, you don't have one. Almost never about relations with anyone else, and when he does, it's typical Trump garbage of him talking mostly about himself. He'll mention that torture is okay, which... no. With the way he talks to people, he's going to wind up pissing everyone off and try segregating the US from everyone else.

He wants to de-fund Planned Parenthood completely because his views on abortion are the typical Republican side of things, when Planned Parenthood does a lot more for people than just abortion. That's only a small part of what they push.

His talks on taxes are all over the place. On some days, he'll say he doesn't like when people making a lot of money pay very little taxes, but then go right around and say he tries to pay the lowest taxes he can. Which is it, because he's one of those people.

I skimmed most of my thoughts on this. Really, I just don't feel Trump is qualified to be in office. His speeches are 90% him talking about himself or spatting off xenophobic rhetoric. The rest is political wording on things that even a monkey could tell he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. The fact that he's even allowed to run for office is mind boggling.
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

Without asking for an essay, and remembering I'm not an American so I'm very much looking from the outside in here, how fucked is America right now?
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

pholtos wrote:I just don't know guys, especially with the leaks of the emails. I don't know if I can vote for a side like that. My conscience isn't letting me just do that.
If you're hoping for a party or candidate who you can agree with and abide by one hundred percent fully, you're going to be waiting for a bloody long time.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

128-Up wrote:Without asking for an essay, and remembering I'm not an American so I'm very much looking from the outside in here, how fucked is America right now?
We've been fucked since Reagan, it's just been a matter of "which president is going to kill us off?"

Trump is an idiot with no workable plans who is going to piss off everybody in the international arena. Clinton is a dishonest cheat who's going to spend us into oblivion trying to befriend people who literally want the USA to cease existing as an entity. Neither one has a real plan for fixing the economy (which frankly is only going to be fixed with precise deregulation) and like the senators we keep electing neither one actually wants to propose the lasting solution of "raise taxes to pay for all this stuff we have now".

I'm personally a libertarian, but I'm more for reform of the extant regulations than for complete deregulation. I've read The Jungle and the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, and I've been keeping tabs on what's happened in Flint MI. I know what happens when you discard the rules entirely. The problem is that our rules are too complex and have too many loopholes (and not enough failsafes, if Flint is indicative) to be effective on a grand scale.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Raise taxes to pay for stuff?? That's crazy talk! *flies off in private jet*
Alice

Post by Alice »

128-Up wrote:Without asking for an essay, and remembering I'm not an American so I'm very much looking from the outside in here, how fucked is America right now?
On a scale of 1-10, about a 12 at this point and only getting worse slowly. More seriously though it does rely on who gets elected. If it's TRump then that 12/10 wouldn't be a huge exaggeration. If it's Clinton then it's not quite as bad and could be a fair bit better if she actually upholds some of the concessions she's made to Sanders and his supporters.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Mata Hari wrote:Raise taxes to pay for stuff?? That's crazy talk! *flies off in private jet*
ah, raise taxes or lower spending? two sides of the same coin...
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Yeah why should we spend money on like roads and schools and stuff? One day you'll all be dead!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:At least you know what you're getting with Trump. Hillary is the corporate puppet, and super shady.
so essentially, cut out the middleman, the embodiment of corporate corruption is favorable to an uncertain possibility
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

ROBOT WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Sorry, I haven't played any of the Super Robot Wars series, though not for lack of trying
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I miss this show so much.

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I just got "Bikini Bottom" an hour ago.

I am in fact the same supposedly working person who didn't get "Canterlot" for about three years.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

There are infinite parallel universes, each slightly different. Even if scientists prove otherwise, that just means we live in the one in which there aren't infinite parallel universes.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Coryman wrote:There are infinite parallel universes, each slightly different. Even if scientists prove otherwise, that just means we live in the one in which there aren't infinite parallel universes.
Uh... How do you not see the gaping hole in your logic with that second bit? If scientists conclusively managed to prove there are no parallel universes then that means there are none. To claim otherwise would go completely contrary to proving there aren't any to begin with.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

There are infinite parallel universes but they only differ in number of zeppelins
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

There are an infinite number of possible alternate universes for the infinite number of possible outcomes of events in reality.

That does not inherently mean that all possible alternate universes are true. Infinite possibilities ≠ all possibilities.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

there's an alternate universe where my immortal is a historical document rather than a bad fanfic. in fact, every bad fanfiction you've ever read/heard about is a true story. trust me, i came from that universe.

it's chaos.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!