(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Leet »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:Never really liked Yahtzee all that much myself, but I do really like the Chzo Mythos games.
Yeah me too. I don't even associate the two together that much at this point.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Yahtzee "matters less" just because the scope of the Internet has become too huge and also because so much new content (game releases) comes out that someone who only plays and reviews one game per week for approximately 4-5 minutes just doesn't drive interest the same way as someone who releases 2-4 videos of gameplay or opinions or mainly uploads on YouTube and not a proprietary site, and so on and so forth. Also, being British or Australian is no longer a selling point for a reviewer.

Like I remember a long time ago when names like Ashens or

Raaaaaocoooow (with an uppercase R!)

were well known names by most people you'd talk to online. Most people you talk to online are Facebook kiddies now who have never been to 98% of the Internet and only know who Pewdiepie and the Game Grumps are :(

i still luv u its ok yahtzee bby ;w;
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Since I haven't seen it posted here yet...

Trails of Cold Steel II's release date is September 6th
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Bean wrote:I used to watch him, but I think the time for people like him and AVGN are pretty much winding down. There will always be a rather large group that watch them, but I'm talking about them actually being watched by everybody. I just want more substance from reviews, even bad ones, than carpet bombing the place with swears and whatever.
I wouldn't compare the 2. AVGN is much more low-brow compared to Zero Punctuation. At some point, AVGN just turned into dumb, boring, way-too-long sketches with reviews spliced into them, and he'd just be pretend angry for the sake of it. Yahtzee doesn't hate games for the sake of hating them. In fact, that's not even a shtick at all for him. He generally just gives his honest opinions.

Him and some other guy also have a series called Let's Drown Out which I like to listen to, mainly as a podcast type thing.
Leet

Post by Leet »

He's better than avgn, yeah, but he's still very much a "personality video maker man" (technical term)

I prefer stuff like Errant Signal or James Howell that actually... want to go more in depth about games than most people would
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I remember starting to watch one video from AVGN a couple of years ago and immediately closing the tab. I haven't tried any others since.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Classic Game Room all day every day.

EDF! EDF! EDF!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

There's a fucking huge spider in my room right now that's bigger than the previous four spiders that climbed down the same wall since the spring started. Easily the largest one ever.

I didn't sign up for this IRL raid progression shit :I
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

TaviTurnip wrote:There's a fucking huge spider in my room right now that's bigger than the previous four spiders that climbed down the same wall since the spring started. Easily the largest one ever.

Domesticate it and use it to protect your room from invaders.
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Ashan wrote:
Bean wrote:I used to watch him, but I think the time for people like him and AVGN are pretty much winding down. There will always be a rather large group that watch them, but I'm talking about them actually being watched by everybody. I just want more substance from reviews, even bad ones, than carpet bombing the place with swears and whatever.
I wouldn't compare the 2. AVGN is much more low-brow compared to Zero Punctuation. At some point, AVGN just turned into dumb, boring, way-too-long sketches with reviews spliced into them, and he'd just be pretend angry for the sake of it. Yahtzee doesn't hate games for the sake of hating them. In fact, that's not even a shtick at all for him. He generally just gives his honest opinions.

Him and some other guy also have a series called Let's Drown Out which I like to listen to, mainly as a podcast type thing.
I've seen all of the AVGN's reviews. His older reviews were definitely better (Sega CD/32X, CD-i, and Action 52/Cheetahmen are some of the best.) I've never been a fan of the toilet humor or swearing, but his videos just have a campy, nostalgic quality that I haven't found anywhere else.
TaviTurnip wrote:There's a fucking huge spider in my room right now that's bigger than the previous four spiders that climbed down the same wall since the spring started. Easily the largest one ever.

There's a lot of different spiders here in Washington that creep me out. The worst are the infamous Hobo spiders that supposedly cause necrosis, but I've never seen one. More often, I see those freakish Giant house spiders that show up in the bathroom or basement. I generally stay out of the basement unless I have a specific reason to go down there.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Post by Dizzybelle »

you made a new friend! :D
ImageImageImage
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Better eat a spider donut, or Muffet won't stop sending them down.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

I hate all of you xD

I only make friends with spiders who move slowly and are smaller than my fingernails. The less you move, the less unpredictable you are, and that means the most comfortable I can be that you exist >:c So the tiny spider in the corner is fine because he moves at a snail's pace, but big fast guys = no bueno.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

TaviTurnip wrote:big fast guys = no bueno.
:?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

We get giant house spiders regularly in our giant house. Those are some big fuckers alright.
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

Alice wrote:

Domesticate it and use it to protect your room from invaders.
It's practically already domesticated. Spiders that live in your home cannot survive outside, and they've been living in your house ever since it was built (probably brought in by a shipping container or something, from another building). And they're our friends; they kill insects that would otherwise infest your home.

Also, pesticides do not kill spiders. In fact, some spiders can develop behavioral problems (e.g. become aggressive against humans rather than docile and reclusive like they're supposed to be) because of pesticides. Do not use pesticides on spiders! You shouldn't be trying to kill them anyway; they're always going to be in your building (a typical house has a few dozen at any given time), and like I said, they're our friends. :)
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

There's been a grasshopper in my room since 5 days now, but I feel either too grossed out to touch it or just too lazy.

His name is Fred.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Post by Dizzybelle »

fred x sorel otp
ImageImageImage
Leet

Post by Leet »

only 1 person has died from a spider since like the 80s
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

...And it was a fly, on top of that.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

bkamakaze wrote:fred x sorel otp
I-it's nothing like that!!

B-bakka! ;//////;
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Holding Alt lets you select part of a link's text.

This changes everything for me!!!
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Aaaaaand Fred finally decided to jump out of my window, back to the wilderness. He will be missed.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Going to see Otep in concert in a couple of hours! I'll let you guys know how it goes.
That crazy voice dude