(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
admacXx2
freelance duck
First name: Adam

Re: talkhaus thoughts

Post by admacXx2 »

It is so dry where I live I am honestly starting to literally feel my skin crack like the dirt I walk on.

Why has the Old Man forsaken Us?
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

admacXx2 wrote: 3 years ago It is so dry where I live I am honestly starting to literally feel my skin crack like the dirt I walk on.

Why has the Old Man forsaken Us?
Do you have a humidifier? I'd recommend getting one if you can, they can help a lot with dry skin :pal:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
admacXx2
freelance duck
First name: Adam

Post by admacXx2 »

Awoo wrote: 3 years agoDo you have a humidifier? I'd recommend getting one if you can, they can help a lot with dry skin :pal:
You are quite right :ehh: I had one until recently but it was like 12 years old and crappy so it hardly worked and I threw it away haha~
However if this is what fall going into winter is going to be like in Colorado, I might NEED to buy a new one xP
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Had a spiraling episode yesterday due to feelings of loneliness and how dead end my life seemed. Today I slept all day (woke up at 10 PM, still had a cuppa joe) and talked a bit with my friend and my mom about it.

Decided to send an email to a remote work, freelance translation site for advice on work considering my situation in life and my credentials. Mentioned that I'm aiming for Japanese right now, and Spanish in the future, and exemplified my skill in Portuguese and English by sending an email with both languages in it. If they feel like I could do better, I'll try to follow their advice before applying.

Gonna try to save up for therapy first, then try to shop around for good therapists in Algarve. Find a good Portuguese neurodivergent support group online to establish bonds and find advice.

I'll also try to make an account on like Grindr or something to look for a good s/o (or multiple, polyamory y'know). I'll have to make sure I broadcast my weirdness enough to scare off The Shitty Queers (lesbo-, bi-, pan-, a-, trans-, etcphobes, racists, ableists, misogynists you know the deal). I'd like to find someone older and more easy-going but even then if it doesn't work out I'd like to still befriend them. And even just befriend chill people too regardless.

Meet people I can call my friends, and that includes my friend Theo's friend circle, but I think he's closeted sadly and they're probably dotted around Portugal so meetups would be hard... Thank god for internet...

Bebn told me to be careful about older men because with that big of an age gap, it opens the door to manipulation and the like more easily and he does have a point. I'll try to go on a few dates first to judge them more easily and vice versa. Whether my dad would approve of me dating older men is another thing though, oy.

While all of this is going on and if I do land a stable-ish translation freelancing job the last thing I'd have on my list is basically saving up for an apartment. For myself, my eventual boyfriend(s) and our stuff (furniture, games, etc).

Of course with all of this I also have to be cautious about corona... So much to deal with.

I can honestly understand preferring staying single, just before anyone tries to chime in with something like this. I just feel like I'd prefer a nice caring man to grow old with and share eachother's likes and dislikes with. A shoulder to cry on or a rock to be there when I need 'em, while also being one for them.

I also dreamt about Leomon being my guardian and protecting me since I was young which was a really good dream but it stung a lot when I realized life wasn't exactly like that, felt too lonely lol
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

KobaBeach wrote: 3 years ago Gonna try to save up for therapy first, then try to shop around for good therapists in Algarve.
Hey now, get that consumerist merda out your head. Don't "shop" for therapists. Counseling/therapy is about establishing a strong connection between you and the counselor/therapist. You make it about money, then you're not going to get the help you need. Focus instead on finding someone who can work with people like you, i.e. a sex-positive or queer-positive counselor. I wouldn't surprised if you had to go to Faro for it, but still.

I'll admit, it's a little brusque of me to talk like that, but speaking from experience, I know that "shopping" for therapists never ends well.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

thatguyif wrote: 3 years ago Hey now, get that consumerist merda out your head. Don't "shop" for therapists. Counseling/therapy is about establishing a strong connection between you and the counselor/therapist. You make it about money, then you're not going to get the help you need. Focus instead on finding someone who can work with people like you, i.e. a sex-positive or queer-positive counselor. I wouldn't surprised if you had to go to Faro for it, but still.

I'll admit, it's a little brusque of me to talk like that, but speaking from experience, I know that "shopping" for therapists never ends well.
I just meant "shopping" as like, figuratively.

Just searching for the one adequate for my needs cuz like. I told my current one about the shit that's been going on and she was just like "Well I'm not able to schedule an appointment because of the amount of people we have right now, nor can any of my colleagues. Have you been able to manage all of this so far?" and I just like, feel that it's time to let go. Maybe I haven't been earnest enough when she was available I don't know. I just want to be able to have Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and such.

not using the acronym because No Fear No Pain

Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

So, let me get this correct, the original Back to the Future, at least the 1985 parts, take place in late October, less than a week from Halloween. Yet, there aren't any Halloween decorations anywhere in the entire film, or are there?

I mean they likely just chose an arbitrary date for it, sure, but, still, pretty sure that the 2015 parts of Part II also take place like a week or two before Halloween, yet nothing.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

the halloween decoration craze really began in the 90s

citation: dude idk lmao
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

haha there's still crowns, and the pride flag from june. where is this year going
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

rena wrote: 3 years ago haha there's still crowns, and the pride flag from june. where is this year going
Oh, don't go anywhere. There's still 2 months left
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

you're forgetting that it's also nimono's birthday every day

also just recovered from what is probably a psychotic break. second one in the span of a week. scared
Image Image
paste

Post by paste »

rena wrote: 3 years ago haha there's still crowns, and the pride flag from june. where is this year going
to 2021 presumably
Love, paste
BARF!
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

why's crowns
"i like bugs"
t
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Learning-Timebuster wrote: 3 years ago why's crowns

Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 3 years ago
Learning-Timebuster wrote: 3 years ago why's crowns

oh
"i like bugs"
t
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

It's time for my yearly post

See you next year
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Argumentable wrote: 3 years ago It's time for my yearly post

See you next year
And to think, you were raocow's "reaper"...
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I have no idea what that means in the context of this forum
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

Argumentable wrote: 3 years ago I have no idea what that means in the context of this forum
it's *1* yearly post, you're in breach of contract mister.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I don't play by your rules. I never even played by mine
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Argumentable wrote: 3 years ago I don't play by your rules. I never even played by mine
You know the rules, and so do I nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

A lack of commitment's what I'm thinking of
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Argu, you are going way over your annual allotment of 1 post
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

speaking of yearly post, no mosts this year?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Sometimes I forget this place exists, but considering how it influenced the path of life I'm currently on I'm very thankful.

If you interacted with me in the past few years at some point, chances are you helped shape me into who I am today. Whether it's a good change or not is up for debate, though I'd like to think it's for the better.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.