(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Ninja Steve
No Bonus!?
Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Ninja Steve »

Ivy wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote: Even better.
Does the official Nintendo-licensed adapter not work for PC?
I'd imagine it wouldn't work as well, at least. I also remember it being more expensive than that one.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Ivy wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote: Even better.
Does the official Nintendo-licensed adapter not work for PC?
it does with third-party drivers
(i've never had a chance to test those though)
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

I just recently found a new job. Hallelujah, because my old job felt like it was going to kill me. Like, everyone there liked me, said I was a good employee, blah blah, but I felt so overwhelmed and out of place so often. I didn't even feel like it was all my fault, but I was constantly busy, constantly anxious, and constantly wondering if I was screwing up. I'm not normally an anxious or guarded, on-edge person, but darn if I didn't feel like it for a while.

That said, I feel better now, and I'm looking forward to new things. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to throw stuff out there for catharsis's sake.

Also, hi! I missed you peeps.
I'm probably driving right now.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

zmonbobbo wrote:I just recently found a new job. Hallelujah, because my old job felt like it was going to kill me. Like, everyone there liked me, said I was a good employee, blah blah, but I felt so overwhelmed and out of place so often. I didn't even feel like it was all my fault, but I was constantly busy, constantly anxious, and constantly wondering if I was screwing up. I'm not normally an anxious or guarded, on-edge person, but darn if I didn't feel like it for a while.

That said, I feel better now, and I'm looking forward to new things. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to throw stuff out there for catharsis's sake.

Also, hi! I missed you peeps.
Hi, zmon! Welcome back!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

My 3DS SD card or my information may be corrupt in some way... as far as I can tell, everything works, and my PC says the card is fine, but. My Animal Crossing: New Leaf won't open, constantly prompting me to restart the system. Attempting to repair/update it in the eShop (a whole 8 block download) gets me the lovely error code 007-7004 (can't write to SD card) and 007-6037 (can't access eShop) and makes my 3DS stop reading my SD card until I restart it. I have reason to believe these are related to my ACNL issue in some way and aren't just inconvenient coincidences <_<

Has uh, anyone ever had an issue like this with this game or another? I don't have any issues with anything else in my storage whatsoever. Smash 3DS loads fine, Monster Hunter loads surprisingly fast. Everything else is cool. ACNL is like nop. Nothing in Nintendo Support's pages has helped :c
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Plug the SD card into a PC and see if it's full/write protected.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

It... shouldn't be? Except...

It will not delete ACNL off itself via the 3DS. And it apparently does not want to accept new data (random song files, whatever) off my laptop. It'll take them happily, I can play/read them off the card, but the moment I eject it that goes away. This SD card is approximately two years old, it's not exactly ancient. And I've of course checked the little lock on it multiple times. But yeah, apparently it doesn't want to change data anymore. What happens from here?

EDIT: I have tried registry edits and a couple system tools. No change :\
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Call/Email Nintendo Support to see if they can help. I can't help you, but I was trying to look it up last night for a bit.

I also have a question. What video programs out there allow you to produce videos in 60FPS? I ask because I found out recently that Camtasia is stuck at 30FPS for now, and that sucks since the program is so good to me outside of that. Just saying since there are Wii U games I would like to play on the channel, and it's not the end of the world to upscale Wii game vids to 720p either to keep the 60FPS option on YouTube.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

OBS?
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

Yeah, OBS/OBS Studio can record/stream at 60FPS. You can also create a custom video render type in Windows Live Movie Maker that exports at 60FPS, just make sure to make the bit rate at least 16,000kbps (or else there'll be a lot of artifacting) and save the video as a .mp4 file (or else it errors out, at least for me). Fraps of course can also record footage at 60FPS.
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

If you just need to record in 60 fps, DXtory also lets you set the target frame rate.

If you need to edit/export out to 60 fps, that's a little harder. If you're okay with scripting your edits, Avisynth can be used as an ersatz editing platform (be aware that if you record using a non-VfW Codec, such as what you'd record from through OBS, you'll have to use some additional plugins to import the video); you'd just also have to encode using an encoder, either FFmpeg or one of the many frontends that call it. I believe (but don't quote me on this) that EasyH.264 can also take Avisynth scripts for input. Beyond that, I don't know what all natively exports/encodes in 60 fps.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

A-hole tried to rob me; got bitten for my troubles.

The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Jesus, Maiku. Glad you're okay outside of getting bit.
TheFinalSentinel wrote:OBS?
PlatinumTriforce wrote:Yeah, OBS/OBS Studio can record/stream at 60FPS. You can also create a custom video render type in Windows Live Movie Maker that exports at 60FPS, just make sure to make the bit rate at least 16,000kbps (or else there'll be a lot of artifacting) and save the video as a .mp4 file (or else it errors out, at least for me). Fraps of course can also record footage at 60FPS.
raekuul wrote:If you need to edit/export out to 60 fps, that's a little harder. If you're okay with scripting your edits, Avisynth can be used as an ersatz editing platform (be aware that if you record using a non-VfW Codec, such as what you'd record from through OBS, you'll have to use some additional plugins to import the video); you'd just also have to encode using an encoder, either FFmpeg or one of the many frontends that call it. I believe (but don't quote me on this) that EasyH.264 can also take Avisynth scripts for input. Beyond that, I don't know what all natively exports/encodes in 60 fps.
Yeah, my issue's editing potential HD level 60FPS videos and making sure it doesn't export to the 30FPS max that Camtasia uses since I love those dang text boxes, and the only one I'm familiar with is Camtasia. It's not a huge deal right now anyway, but it was something to think about. Thank you for the help!
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Good Lord Maiku, that happens waaaaaay too often. :( I'm glad you're okay though (or at least not seriously harmed).
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Maiku deserves a raise.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Why do twitch streamers waste screen real estate by mirroring the chat on screen? If I choose to close chat it's because I don't want to read it, and if I keep it open to read it, I don't need a second, delayed one.
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

people of the internet, I have an important PSA:

please don't ever share your password online

EVER
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

yes please don't tell anyone your password.
don't pass them peanut butter either
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

Ometeotl wrote:Why do twitch streamers waste screen real estate by mirroring the chat on screen? If I choose to close chat it's because I don't want to read it, and if I keep it open to read it, I don't need a second, delayed one.
I don't know for sure if this is why they do it, but there's at least one good reason: people watching the recording later on can't see the chat otherwise.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

I will not tell anyone that my password is 123smellycats so that they can't have access to my stuff. I'm safe since nobody knows 123smellycats is my password for everything. Phew, I sure am glad.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ometeotl wrote:Why do twitch streamers waste screen real estate by mirroring the chat on screen? If I choose to close chat it's because I don't want to read it, and if I keep it open to read it, I don't need a second, delayed one.
Some streamers upload their streams to Youtube. If they're addressing something in chat and the viewer can't see it then it can be pretty confusing to know what they're even talking about.
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

whats yalls opinions on hot / cold coz where i am its Getting Cold and im ready to find a deep cave and die in it

i cannot do anything under like, 50-60F / 10-15C. give me hot weather
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

By all means; you can have all of the hot weather. All of it.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

idol wrote:whats yalls opinions on hot / cold coz where i am its Getting Cold and im ready to find a deep cave and die in it
i don't have to work/stay outside for long periods, so i'm generally pretty ok with Very Much Cold.

though your low-end of 50-60F/10-15C? that's perfect weather in my book. i love it.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

idol wrote:whats yalls opinions on hot / cold coz where i am its Getting Cold and im ready to find a deep cave and die in it

i cannot do anything under like, 50-60F / 10-15C. give me hot weather
haha, you and alice make a perfect compliment of each other
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)