(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Telamon »

It's a really cool game.

Beyond the fact that you can obtain anything, and stuff like Kadabra can evolve without trades, the biggest change is probably the fact that all gym leaders now have 6 pokemon. It does a pretty good job of balancing challenge without just over-levelling your opponents. It also makes for some super intense Nuzlocke runs, if you're into that, though you need to give yourself extra captures to make winning at all plausible.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Telamon wrote:It's a really cool game.

Beyond the fact that you can obtain anything, and stuff like Kadabra can evolve without trades, the biggest change is probably the fact that all gym leaders now have 6 pokemon. It does a pretty good job of balancing challenge without just over-levelling your opponents. It also makes for some super intense Nuzlocke runs, if you're into that, though you need to give yourself extra captures to make winning at all plausible.
I saw some blaze black 2 thing, should I bother with that or just do this one?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

It's the same concept, just applied to Black/White II. I've never played it, but I did watch videos of someone streaming it Nuzlocke, and it's even nastier than the first in that regard. Overall, though, I guess it's just a question of whether you want to play a hack of the original or the sequels.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Telamon wrote:You're slacking, Bean. If the talkhaus dies, it'll be on your head >:-[
My head ain't on my shoulders to begin with, so it's okay!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

i just walked in the door to my place at 2 am and that's why you don't engage in discussion with a person who randomly brings up politics

it stayed civil and it was interesting, so there was that. but still.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Not that anyone really cares much, but I completed the National Pokedex on Y today, minus a few missing event Pokemon.
I feel super accomplished.

Shaymin, Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta are being distributed from July, October, November and December 1-24 respectively, if you haven't heard. Part of the whole 20th anniversary celebration as I recall, one mon per month for 2016. No word yet on the next distributions for the gen 6 eventmons though, if Serebii's event database is to be believed.

Congrats on this, by the way! I've actually been working on doing that in gen 3, myself. Turns out through a combination of, uhh, let's call them "varyingly legitimate means," it's still possible to get a legitimate one of everything in those games these days.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Not that anyone really cares much, but I completed the National Pokedex on Y today, minus a few missing event Pokemon.
I feel super accomplished.

What did you do to evolve them? I have a handful of Blissey secret bases in OR but since you had Y, I'm curious. Plus, the secret bases are only available daily.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

pholtos wrote:That's real impressive given how much trading from previous gens you'd have to do.

(Why don't they come out with a gen that just has all the pokemon somewhere?)
I didn't have to do too much, actually. Around 515 of them were caught in Kalos! The GTS also helped immensely.
And god, I'd kill for a Pokemon game like that.
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Shaymin, Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta are being distributed from July, October, November and December 1-24 respectively, if you haven't heard. Part of the whole 20th anniversary celebration as I recall, one mon per month for 2016. No word yet on the next distributions for the gen 6 eventmons though, if Serebii's event database is to be believed.

Congrats on this, by the way! I've actually been working on doing that in gen 3, myself. Turns out through a combination of, uhh, let's call them "varyingly legitimate means," it's still possible to get a legitimate one of everything in those games these days.
Thanks for telling me, but I already knew about them and am planning on adding them to my dex collection. Kind of annoyed I don't know when the gen 6 guys will be distributed (if ever again), but I have some extra Jirachi and Celebi, and someone might be willing to trade them for those.

Thank you! Good luck trying to get yours done. I took as many shortcuts as I could (asked for fully evolved forms them breeding them, for example) to save time, but it still took me 125 hours to get it all done.
Ivy wrote:What did you do to evolve them? I have a handful of Blissey secret bases in OR but since you had Y, I'm curious. Plus, the secret bases are only available daily.
I used the Battle Chateau, and wrote a Silver writ. I found it was a good balance of having to pay for the stupid thing and the turnout of trainers to at least make back what I put in. Also made sure that I had a good amount of Pokemon to be levelled. It gave me a new trainer every time I beat one, so I could grind for as long as I needed. Also found the turnout for trainers was better than if I just wrote a Challenge writ.
I heard the Pokemon League was also a good way to do it, but I didn't like being stuck with an evolved Pokemon in the middle of it, so I chose this route instead.
Could try the Pokemon League for yourself, or Google around and see what others suggest.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

It has its own subforum now?
Is the activation email problem that bad?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm went to the gym for my first time ever as an adult.
My friend has a membership and you get to bring a person for free 3 times, so we did some lifting together.

An hour later and I can barely lift my arms.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Delicious deleted posts.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Quick I need an RPG Bestiary description for "Clone Burrito".
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

raekuul wrote:Quick I need an RPG Bestiary description for "Clone Burrito".
It got all the recessive beans.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

You guys can't see the account activation forum if you're logged in right
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Not on my end at least.
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

I hadn't even seen it until I logged out to look for it, so, no.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

GOOD
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Oh dear, the Let's Cortex thread has been de-stickified. Does that mean it's officially on hold now? And if so... what's Dito's situation, now? I sure hope everything's alright.
I don't really get it but okay
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

I got a customer appreciation award at work. Feels pretty good.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So here we are, a week after The Biggest Problem in the Universe ended, each of the hosts have split off to their own podcast.

http://madcastmedia.com/
http://thedickshow.com/

Dick's is expected to be posted in 45 minutes. I'm just finishing Maddox's right now. The first 10 minutes was pretty terrible. Especially his bit about his mom calling in.
In general it feels like a watered down BPitU. He claims the show is supposed to be him debating himself, but he really doesn't. I don't know, I'm gonna keep listening but the show is really missing something if nobody disagrees on anything.
momo

Post by momo »

help i need you to pitch me the worst idea for a comic ever
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Rusbojis wrote:help i need you to pitch me the worst idea for a comic ever
A postman crashes his bike and desperate doctors rebuild his arm using its parts, giving him amazing strength! Now he is The Postman, fighting crime with various mail-related gimmicks!
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

Rusbojis wrote:help i need you to pitch me the worst idea for a comic ever
a comic about someone asking for the worst comic idea ever
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Ashan wrote:So here we are, a week after The Biggest Problem in the Universe ended, each of the hosts have split off to their own podcast.

http://madcastmedia.com/
http://thedickshow.com/

Dick's is expected to be posted in 45 minutes. I'm just finishing Maddox's right now. The first 10 minutes was pretty terrible. Especially his bit about his mom calling in.
In general it feels like a watered down BPitU. He claims the show is supposed to be him debating himself, but he really doesn't. I don't know, I'm gonna keep listening but the show is really missing something if nobody disagrees on anything.
I always thought that, as irritating Dick can be sometimes, he was always far more likeable and entertaining than Maddox was. I only found Maddox amusing if the material was scripted beforehand or just written material.