(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by TaviTurnip »

sedron wrote:Though, that's all just my interpretation. I thought it was odd that I just assume people are their avatars until proven otherwise (stranger still because I'm using this avatar right now basically out of laziness.)
I see some people as very much their avatar and then with you it's just like yeah, sedron is that guy who is cool and makes cool stuff and has a Sneasel avatar but I do not see him as a Sneasel.

I seriously wonder if I accidentally made people associate me heavily with Lyra and/or Zinnia :(

ps pichu c'mere xxxooo
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

TaviTurnip wrote:ps pichu c'mere xxxooo
i wasN"T READY FOR THIS o/////o
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:
curious about this: did any of you get a first or lasting impression of my personality from my avatar? does it have an effect on how you interpret the tone of my posts?
Yeah I'm always amazed at how well you can type with the sock and slipper on your hands
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

curious about this: did any of you get a first or lasting impression of my personality from my avatar? does it have an effect on how you interpret the tone of my posts?
you always seemed like a super cheerful, funny and upbeat person to me. avatar factors in to how I perceive someone but it doesn't affect you negatively if that's what you're worried about!
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Blivsey wrote:Do any of yall watch RWBY? Juuuuuuust curious.
hi there
Weiss Schnee injured in teammate's arms count: 3
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

TaviTurnip wrote:I seriously wonder if I accidentally made people associate me heavily with Lyra and/or Zinnia :(
i tend to associate people with the image of their avatar, but not the personality of the character in it. so like, yeah, when i imagine "Tavi" I think "green pony" but nothing about Lyra as a character (canon or fanon). so while it'd be jarring if i saw a photo of real-life you, i wouldn't think "oh she doesn't sound/act a thing like Lyra that's weird" if i had a conversation with you in person.

if that makes sense
sedron wrote:Your avatar helps your posts seem pretty calm and level-headed. It's weird, but with Jon's expression it's like he's super nonchalant about the weirdness.
that's nice to hear! i honestly originally picked the picture because i loved how sassy Jon looked to me, but because of that i was a bit worried just recently that maybe i come off as rude because of it

but i like that "weird and nonchalant about it" is how it comes off, because that sounds more like who i am, or at least my personal impression of myself
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

now i'm wondering how you guys perceive me.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

freakin whatzit wrote:now i'm wondering how you guys perceive me.
personally, you're new enough that i haven't even really had time to internalize an association between you and your avatar, much less form a full opinion of you.

all i can say is that you seem friendlier than the average person, which yeah that's not much to say at all
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

those eyes are the eyes of one who has stated into the void and had the void stare back

I wonder the same thing tbh
:nb_pride:
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I should probably change my avatar to something I want to represent myself more, but it's the third avatar I've had here and the one I've had for the longest by far. So it's kind of... a brand. It can't be changed, yet it should be.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I would ask how I've been perceived by others in that fashion, but I think I do so much paragraph-shaped talking that people have opinions of me regardless of my avatar `~`
Whimsical Calamari wrote:i tend to associate people with the image of their avatar, but not the personality of the character in it. so like, yeah, when i imagine "Tavi" I think "green pony" but nothing about Lyra as a character (canon or fanon). so while it'd be jarring if i saw a photo of real-life you, i wouldn't think "oh she doesn't sound/act a thing like Lyra that's weird" if i had a conversation with you in person.
I met a long-time online friend at a fighting game tournament last year, he plays Akihiko in Persona and always had Akihiko avatars, and even though I always pictured him as Akihiko and even though I don't even read his text in Aki's voice, it was still weird to find out he looked like a normal human in person instead. It's weird how the "image" can stick even if intellectually you're smart enough not to associate the voice as well, it's an odd disconnect. I don't think you sound like Jon at all, but the image is there nonetheless :P It's just how it goes.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
july
七月

Post by july »

Leet wrote:I should probably change my avatar to something I want to represent myself more, but it's the third avatar I've had here and the one I've had for the longest by far. So it's kind of... a brand. It can't be changed, yet it should be.
I know it's probably because I haven't been here long enough but I find it really hard to imagine that you might have had a different avatar at some point.
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

My avatar is extremely literal.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Megafonzie

Post by Megafonzie »

I've been using the same avatar on all kinds of websites for probably like 5 years now. I'm in the same "I will definitely change this if I can think of something better" boat, though. Honestly I'm not even a huge Pokemon person, I just liked how it looked and it stuck. How can one even represent oneself accurately in only 125x125 pixels, though? [fake edit: swirlybomb is represented pretty accurately in 125x125 pixels honestly]

Luckily most of you guys don't know me well enough to associate me with the coolfish (formally magikool) yet.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I already know some people don't like me and others probably don't mind me.
But that's basically everyone. You're not going to be liked by everyone. Period.

At this point my bird avatar rotation is so me that it would be weird to change it lmao
I am a literal bird
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Thank goodness I can't be shipped.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

i just want to remind people not to try to ride their daughter's horse.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

I changed to a new avatar once.
It was pretty much the same thing though.
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)

Post by Dizzybelle »

shipping here is way too expensive so i cant afford it
ImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I just can't bring myself to change avatars.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

pholtos wrote:I just can't bring myself to change avatars.
You have randomized avatars! :p

Now that I think about it, I did try and change my avatar once before to a rotation but the rotation services we used had stopped working. I wonder if there's a way to do so easily again yet.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

freakin whatzit wrote:now i'm wondering how you guys perceive me.
2nd coming of wolfolotl
TaviTurnip wrote:I see some people as very much their avatar and then with you it's just like yeah, sedron is that guy who is cool and makes cool stuff and has a Sneasel avatar but I do not see him as a Sneasel.
I seriously wonder if I accidentally made people associate me heavily with Lyra and/or Zinnia :(
ps pichu c'mere xxxooo
yeah zinnia was extremely annoying in that game but i don't really associate that with you at all
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Sometimes I lie awake at night wondering about the possible ethical ramifications of my choice of avatar
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I feel like I change avatars too much, but everytime I think I've found the one I like best, I either get tired of it or another one comes along that I like better
july
七月

Post by july »

I used to be a cat and now I'm a touhou, next month I'll probably be something else