(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Diggertron »

It's been super foggy out of nowhere all day today.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

im pretty sure i met myself at least twice in the fog out today
"i like bugs"
t
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

I haven't seen fog in ages
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

One thing I'm really enjoying with this Bob Ross marathon is that while he'll keep doing similarly-styled backgrounds, he'll also use a variety of techniques with brushes and paint to achieve those effects. It's really making me want to try this out for myself.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Bean wrote:One thing I'm really enjoying with this Bob Ross marathon is that while he'll keep doing similarly-styled backgrounds, he'll also use a variety of techniques with brushes and paint to achieve those effects. It's really making me want to try this out for myself.
yeah, it's kind of inspiring me to get back into chalk too. i want to see if some of his techniques or philosophies could adapt to that medium
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Guys the fog is gone.
I killed the giant eyeball and saved the town.
I did it.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Seems lime it worked all the way to Germany. You saved us all. Image
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Oh, rubbish, you totally just redirected it to Denmark. It's even thicker here, now, to the point where it's starting to assume liquid form. We're all going to drown because of you!
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

the 🐸 is rolling in
:nb_pride:
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

the past 4 hours have steadily caused my dormant misanthropy to fire up again
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

A bit hard for me to imagine, but I just ran the longest distance I've ever run in my life, non-stop.

It was 5.35 miles, in an hour and one minute.

tired, but it was a good run
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Leet wrote:shitty Marvel movies

I think it's silly to never do or like what's trendy right now (not saying that to you, Leet, but in general). People who don't want their lives controlled by trend don't realize that by avoiding everything trendy they let their lives be controlled by trend, only the opposite way.
I'm all for just doing/liking what suits your taste, no matter whether a billion people do/like the same or none.
You're awesome.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Jayoshi wrote:A bit hard for me to imagine, but I just ran the longest distance I've ever run in my life, non-stop.

It was 5.35 miles, in an hour and one minute.

tired, but it was a good run
I can't even run barely more than a mile without getting tired, so that's pretty awesome. Congrats.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Bean wrote:I can't even run barely more than a mile without getting tired, so that's pretty awesome. Congrats.
Thanks! It was an average of 11:24 per mile, so it wasn't hardcore fast. The best mile record I can directly remember is about 7:09, but that was from two years ago and I've gotten better at running since then. I can recall one time from a recent 5k run getting a pace of 6:50, but I can't judge a whole mile by that.
Piter Lauchy wrote:
Leet wrote:shitty Marvel movies
Yeah, I can understand if leet is talking about Amazing Spiderman or Fantastic Four, but Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy were great. There's also Ant Man, Thor 2, the Captain Americas, and to an extent Iron Man 3, (the first two were less than okay, honestly) so I wouldn't exactly say it's Marvel that's bad.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I'm in a good place and a bad place at the same time, my job right now is treating me amazingly and is only painting a path to a hopeful future, but my living situation is about to explode and I kind of need to keep it in check for another like solid month before I can move out and I don't know if those thirty days are going to survive.

You could say I'm excited and anxious and being pretty bipolar between happy and scared :I
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Jayoshi wrote:Yeah, I can understand if leet is talking about Amazing Spiderman or Fantastic Four, but Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy were great. There's also Ant Man, Thor 2, the Captain Americas, and to an extent Iron Man 3, (the first two were less than okay, honestly) so I wouldn't exactly say it's Marvel that's bad.
Fantastic Four and Spiderman weren't made by Marvel, though. They're Marvel's heroes, but Marvel had nothing to do with the movies.
I would even go so far as to say that Marvel hasn't produced a single bad movie. Some were less good than others, sure, but none were outright bad (in my opinion, obviously). Even their shows (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil) are all kinds of awesome.

And I'm seriously hyped for Deadpool. Not made by Marvel, but the trailer looks so freaking amazing.
You're awesome.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

Off topic: ("What, there are topics in this thread?!")

Tomorrow is the first time I'm meeting someone I first met online - I got to know a girl on Runescape about 10 years ago, and tomorrow she's taking her first vacation with her fiance to Ireland, staying with me for a week! :) I'm both nervous and excited - we know each other well (pretty much daily contact), and know what each other looks like (we're both on facebook), but we've never spoken to each other before, since she was shy about her spoken English. Her fiance doesn't speak any English, but I got a little Czech phrasebook, although the pronunciation of most words is simply impossible for me thus far! The plan is to drive them around the country visiting all the best places I know of, and hope that we can get along in real life just as well as we do online.

Has anybody else here experienced something similar? What are your stories of meeting online people in real life? Were the conversations as easy? Did it change your relationship with them?
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

QubicTom wrote:THINGS
By how my parents raised me, there's a part of me that's very wary about this.
But after 10 years? Damn she must be determined to sell you that timeshare. Image
Last edited by TheFinalSentinel 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

I'm fairly certain everyone I've spoken to online is actually a serial killer.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e

Post by Pikabread »

arabsalmon wrote:I'm fairly certain everyone I've spoken to online is actually a serial killer.
I've been found out
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

Pikabread wrote:
arabsalmon wrote:I'm fairly certain everyone I've spoken to online is actually a serial killer.
I've been found out
OH CRUD he's onto us.
*into phone* Initiate execution plan ετΘ!
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

No Lynch wrote:
Pikabread wrote:
I've been found out
OH CRUD he's onto us.
*into phone* Initiate execution plan ετΘ!
Too late, I've already hidden all of my cheerios
Sasquatch
Don't mess with sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Jayoshi wrote: Yeah, I can understand if leet is talking about Amazing Spiderman or Fantastic Four, but Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy were great. There's also Ant Man, Thor 2, the Captain Americas, and to an extent Iron Man 3, (the first two were less than okay, honestly) so I wouldn't exactly say it's Marvel that's bad.
You should watch the Chinese version of Iron Man 3. It has extra scenes that aren't in any other version.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Piter Lauchy wrote:Fantastic Four and Spiderman weren't made by Marvel, though. They're Marvel's heroes, but Marvel had nothing to do with the movies.
I would even go so far as to say that Marvel hasn't produced a single bad movie. Some were less good than others, sure, but none were outright bad (in my opinion, obviously). Even their shows (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil) are all kinds of awesome.

And I'm seriously hyped for Deadpool. Not made by Marvel, but the trailer looks so freaking amazing.
Yeah, the Amazing Spiderman and the recent fantastic four were not marvel, but I counted them anyway in case leet was referring to them.

Personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying Marvel hasn't produced a single bad movie, but some of theirs I've watched are my all-time favorites. I might make a list later ranking each of the movies marvel has done so far, to show where I'm coming from.
Sasquatch wrote:You should watch the Chinese version of Iron Man 3. It has extra scenes that aren't in any other version.
Hmm, I've never heard of that.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e

Post by Pikabread »

arabsalmon wrote: Too late, I've already hidden all of my cheerios
well good because I only kill cinnamon toast crunch anyway