(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

raekuul wrote:Combination of "Everything in the US Corporate world runs on Windows", "Bill Gates is the God of Propaganda", and "Seems line nothing's compatible with Linux"
You mean "seems like nothing's compatible with linux"?

Though no, that wasn't the kind of perspective Tom Scott had with it. The reason more had to do with the way he likes to throw stuff together, which is very possible in windows and in linux as well. It's just that it's kinda different, so most of the userbase in favor of linux is assuming that Tom's just going with what he already knows.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

He definitely meant line. Definitely.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

arabsalmon wrote:guys i made a friend on campus today

Red-tailed hawk. Tail isn't red yet, indicating it's a juvenile, which probably helps to explain the evident lack of fear of humans.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

zmonbobbo wrote:
8bitgamer123 wrote:
Like, the thing about Homestuck is that you can't fully understand it unless you're super involved in the plot and/or read the wiki.
Yup! This was me at one point like 3 years ago. I got enamored with it. Now I'm just ready for some closure, finishing it out of obligation. I'm behind by like 300 pages.
The fact that it was so huge in scope is why I loved it so much. I don't really know how hard it is to understand though because I first read it on my DS' browser for some stupid reason, so I wasn't actually watching the flash pages. So I uh. I did not have a good understanding at all, and for some reason that didn't bother me at the time - and nowadays I have outright ocd, so I certainly have changed.

Recent updates are so boring honestly. Feels like he's just trying to finish what he started.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

You know, I've realized I haven't played a Guilty Gear game since renting the original back on the PS1 a few times.
That would be... 15-odd years ago?

I should fix that.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

TheFinalSentinel wrote:You know, I've realized I haven't played a Guilty Gear game since renting the original back on the PS1 a few times.

I should fix that.
If you plan to get XX Accent Core + R, I got that one for my birthday (Thanks again, Maiku!). We could fight sometime! (although I'm sure you will rek me multiple times in a row)
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

Welp yesterday I moved in to university (I believe that other places refer to it as "college", which is doubly confusing as we also have college here but it's slightly different)
Gonna be honest, I preferred it back at home since this place feels less like a student shared flat and more like a hotel since the rooms are pretty isolated. Not necessarily a bad thing though, depends what the other people end up being like.
I can't wait until next week when the courses start and I can actually find where other people studying the same stuff are at.
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

I already started at uni but I'm living with my mum :0
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

Willhart wrote:
tangeruse wrote:plug.dj dies in 4 days
It was a weird decision from them to only allow level 3 or more people to donate. They might get enough money to stay on for a while anyway though. I might start listening to the Nightcore channel on the background.
the levels system is designed so you'll get level 3 on your second day
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

dr_kraid wrote:I already started at uni but I'm living with my mum :0
Nice, where/what are you studying? :)
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

Leet wrote:
zmonbobbo wrote:
8bitgamer123 wrote:
Like, the thing about Homestuck is that you can't fully understand it unless you're super involved in the plot and/or read the wiki.
Yup! This was me at one point like 3 years ago. I got enamored with it. Now I'm just ready for some closure, finishing it out of obligation. I'm behind by like 300 pages.
The fact that it was so huge in scope is why I loved it so much. I don't really know how hard it is to understand though because I first read it on my DS' browser for some stupid reason, so I wasn't actually watching the flash pages. So I uh. I did not have a good understanding at all, and for some reason that didn't bother me at the time - and nowadays I have outright ocd, so I certainly have changed.

Recent updates are so boring honestly. Feels like he's just trying to finish what he started.
It's not boring; it's buildup for the final fight.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well okay I mean I find it boring whether or not somebody else says it is but I mean

I don't really see how long conversations about who's going to do what in the fight is really the best way to build it up? I've always thought that Homestuck's long conversations weren't usually a problem because they often had interesting worldbuilding and puzzle-style exposition combined with some humor but I honestly don't think we need to hear this much about who's going to fight who? Who cares? Just let it happen, or at least go over it quickly instead of long-ly.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
alleightbits
START PLAY!

Post by alleightbits »

Leet wrote:Well okay I mean I find it boring whether or not somebody else says it is but I mean

I don't really see how long conversations about who's going to do what in the fight is really the best way to build it up? I've always thought that Homestuck's long conversations weren't usually a problem because they often had interesting worldbuilding and puzzle-style exposition combined with some humor but I honestly don't think we need to hear this much about who's going to fight who? Who cares? Just let it happen, or at least go over it quickly instead of long-ly.
Wait, Vriska assigning roles was not the in latest update. And the author (who hates worldbuilding, btw) knows that we know we need updates. He makes us wait because he's a troll.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Diggertron wrote:
dr_kraid wrote:I already started at uni but I'm living with my mum :0
Nice, where/what are you studying? :)
Zoology at Sussex
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

8bitgamer123 wrote:
Leet wrote:I don't really see how long conversations about who's going to do what in the fight is really the best way to build it up? I've always thought that Homestuck's long conversations weren't usually a problem because they often had interesting worldbuilding and puzzle-style exposition combined with some humor but I honestly don't think we need to hear this much about who's going to fight who? Who cares? Just let it happen, or at least go over it quickly instead of long-ly.
Wait, Vriska assigning roles was not the in latest update. And the author (who hates worldbuilding, btw) knows that we know we need updates. He makes us wait because he's a troll.
Andrew Hussie wrote:If you go by page count, Homestuck is about 99% done. The remaining 1% will involve another stretch of pages, and some heavy animation work. Site is currently paused while I catch up with some other work, and finish the remaining pages of the story.
Fundamental attribution error on the internet? Wowzers, that's a first.
alleightbits
START PLAY!

Post by alleightbits »

arabsalmon wrote:
8bitgamer123 wrote:
Leet wrote:I don't really see how long conversations about who's going to do what in the fight is really the best way to build it up? I've always thought that Homestuck's long conversations weren't usually a problem because they often had interesting worldbuilding and puzzle-style exposition combined with some humor but I honestly don't think we need to hear this much about who's going to fight who? Who cares? Just let it happen, or at least go over it quickly instead of long-ly.
Andrew Hussie wrote:If you go by page count, Homestuck is about 99% done. The remaining 1% will involve another stretch of pages, and some heavy animation work. Site is currently paused while I catch up with some other work, and finish the remaining pages of the story.
Fundamental attribution error on the internet? Wowzers, that's a first.
We know a secondary reason why he's doing this is to keep us on our toes, making us dangerous.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

8bitgamer123 wrote:We know a secondary reason why he's doing this is to keep us on our toes, making us dangerous.
I'm not sure how exactly you arrived at that conclusion, but I think a far more likely, and probably sincere, explanation is the fact that he has other things to attend to.
alleightbits
START PLAY!

Post by alleightbits »

arabsalmon wrote:
8bitgamer123 wrote:We know a secondary reason why he's doing this is to keep us on our toes, making us dangerous.
I'm not sure how exactly you arrived at that conclusion, but I think a far more likely, and probably sincere, explanation is the fact that he has other things to attend to.
I'm not saying that you're wrong, it's just that Andrew Hussie messes with the fandom all the time, knowing full well how much he can manipulate our emotions. He's put the comic on hiatus before, so he knows just how the fandom will react.
TheFinalSentinel

FluffiMasta wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote:You know, I've realized I haven't played a Guilty Gear game since renting the original back on the PS1 a few times.

I should fix that.
If you plan to get XX Accent Core + R, I got that one for my birthday (Thanks again, Maiku!). We could fight sometime! (although I'm sure you will rek me multiple times in a row)
IDK, I rarely ever play traditional fighting games. More or less all Smash for me. Soul Calibur 2 once in a while too.
I suck at traditionals though.
But I've certainly been thinking about it since it's on Steam.

Been watching a lot of Xrd lately. Definitely gonna pick that up once I get that PS3 for Persona 5.
momo

Post by momo »

Falco's d-air is so satisfying to spike people with
TheFinalSentinel

Rusbojis wrote:Falco's d-air is so satisfying to spike people with

The best.
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

Me and my fellows are gonna have a huge plug.dj closing party tomorrow...

Hopefully ivan gets his website up in time
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
momo

Post by momo »

caarTOONS ARE PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS ITS ONLY BEEN THREE DAYS
Ivy
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

i've gotten to 30 or so with SU, it's p nice
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
tangy
🍊

Post by tangy »

Rusbojis wrote:

caarTOONS ARE PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS ITS ONLY BEEN THREE DAYS
does the first season really have 100+ episodes??