(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Wolfolotl »

why the hell do so many people just forgive art theft or reposting an image without the creator's permission?? like come the fuck on you don't just spread around passages of a book without telling people what book it's from why the hell are visual creations less legitimate to y'all
:nb_pride:
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Have you ever downloaded a rom or listened to a song on youtube a lot without buying them?

Not saying it's right
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

no, but like, with shit that people post on the internet to view for FREE like much art online tends to be, you could at least let people know who the hell made the thing so that they can see more stuff like that while the artist enjoys more views from the people who want to see stuff like that
:nb_pride:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That's partly why the Mega Man comic is going "on hiatus" after Issue #55. A few thousand people were reading the whole issue on YT instead of just subscribing to the fairly cheap comic. Did the same thing with Sonic, too, but that one sells enough to keep going.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

raekuul wrote:Homestuck stuff, spoilered for many reasons.
caw
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

can I make a kickstarter project to take down kickstarter
Vergalon
help, I've been abducted (?)

Post by Vergalon »

Kickstarter is a thing, but it's only a bad thing if you decide you got burned on it.
It's a place were you can choose to donate money to a cause, generally in hopes of some return.
Note that this isn't an investment or purchase, so nobody -should- get mad when something doesn't turn out like they wanted, because it was never a guarantee.
When things do go badly or turn out to be scams, people should be upset at the individuals or themselves, not at the platform
But again, you should go into Kickstarter not expecting anything
Solaris
flowercuco
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Solaris »

i wish you could kickstop things but only things /i/ want kickstopped because if it was open to just anyone then asshats would just kickstop good things

/(=✪ x ✪=)\
Piter Lauchy
Suitable for all Buddy purposes
First name: Merlin

Post by Piter Lauchy »

Just kickstop their kickstop and it should be fine.
You're awesome.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

Vergalon wrote:Kickstarter is a thing, but it's only a bad thing if you decide you got burned on it.
It's a place were you can choose to donate money to a cause, generally in hopes of some return.
Note that this isn't an investment or purchase, so nobody -should- get mad when something doesn't turn out like they wanted, because it was never a guarantee.
When things do go badly or turn out to be scams, people should be upset at the individuals or themselves, not at the platform
But again, you should go into Kickstarter not expecting anything
for reference, there's no specific reason why I'm angry at the site or anything. It's just that they have terrible quality control, really. Of course I've got no reason to be concerned; I choose not to go there for my own benefit
Vergalon

Post by Vergalon »

I would agree that more quality control is needed, but I can't really see how they would go about doing it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*edit*
Oh lord, why didn't I find this sooner?
http://textfac.es/
Heaven help us all
┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. )
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna clean up all my friends lists and delete people who I have never talked to or have never talked to me cause there's always a ton of names I don't recognize and at this point it would just be embarrassing to go down my lists and go "who are you and how am I supposed to know you"
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I like having a friend list of 500 people I don't know because I feel like I'm popular

TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Jesuiscontent wrote:I like having a friend list of 500 people I don't know because I feel like I'm popular
The year is 2006. I'm playing RuneScape.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Argumentable wrote:I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna clean up all my friends lists and delete people who I have never talked to or have never talked to me cause there's always a ton of names I don't recognize and at this point it would just be embarrassing to go down my lists and go "who are you and how am I supposed to know you"
Did I survive the cut?
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Argumentable wrote:I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna clean up all my friends lists and delete people who I have never talked to or have never talked to me cause there's always a ton of names I don't recognize and at this point it would just be embarrassing to go down my lists and go "who are you and how am I supposed to know you"
hey thanks for not deleting me on steam, neat

too bad isaac doesn't have online multiplayer
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Oh right, steam

I have other games but nobody ever wants to play them!

Also I only removed two people so far
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

I hate it when I feel like I'm being too pushy and then I just back down and stop talking.

I don't talk to other people very often. Most of the stuff that comes out of my mouth is complete and utter nonsense anyway.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

bye T_T
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

Can somebody explain to me why hating on life/continue systems in games became so popular right now?
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

current mood: blagh
Oddwrath wrote:Can somebody explain to me why hating on life/continue systems in games became so popular right now?
Unless you're going for something where you can't save your progress or a game over deletes your save, they're effectively pointless. Maybe even both pointless and frustrating, if your game relies on manual saves over autosave and / or prompted save after a level.
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Oddwrath wrote:Can somebody explain to me why hating on life/continue systems in games became so popular right now?
Because nowadays, it is frequently the case that limited lives don't carry enough risk to be more than a minor nuisance when you have to wait a few extra seconds to get back in when you lose all of them. They were more applicable in arcades, but with the kinds of games people make now, they're a vestigial feature.

There's a difference between the value of lives in a game like Jamestown and a game like Super Mario Galaxy.
Vergalon

Post by Vergalon »

I know -literally- nothing about football/soccer, but I have to say, he dealt with that really well
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I wish someone would do that to me and then I'd post the picture of me with money falling all around me as my Facebook profile picture