(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Picochilla »

got sick and have no PC, woooohooo -__-
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Jayoshi wrote:Now that I have something else to talk about...
I may have to go away from these forums for a while, given my current situation in real life. Things are kind of complicating for me as my school's workload starts building up, and I also have some trouble talking to a friend about some things that are important. Going to the talkhaus now feels more like a procrastination than it is really talking to other people, and what's even worse is that I'm tempted to rely on this site even more than I already am.

I'm also kind of worried about this site wearing down my confidence to confront my friend. It seems that the more time I spend being carefree, (or being around many others also acting carefree) the more I become afraid of having to do what I need to do. Being carefree... really just doesn't feel like me, and I immediately regret the time I spend making jokes (especially lewd ones) or anything similar like that. It just doesn't fit me, and I feel like I'm lying to others by acting this way. (even though I tell myself it's just a habit...) Overall, it just feels like a facade I put on to temporarily gain the attention of people.

What makes matters worse is that the guy I want to talk to doesn't like to take things seriously, especially the subject I want to talk to him about. We also have really different ideals about things in general, (from what I know about him so far) but that's not what I'm really concerned about. Not even the fact that I used to like him makes me agitated. (the relationship kind, mind you)

What bothers me most is that I feel like as long as I act carefree, I'm not going to be able to get anything across to him that I want to. This makes me sad each and every time I've approached him, gotten distracted by some subject, and then went away completely forgetting about what I wanted to say. The subject I want to share with him is also one that I can't really share... openly, mind you, with anyone on this board, since I'm the only one here who has the opinion I have about it, as far as I'm concerned. I already tried talking to someone here about that thing, but it... wasn't really something that person could really reply to, either.

I'm sorry to be so vague about the topic, but it's one that's been really hurtful towards others in the past. Sharing about it right here would probably stir up needless discussion, which I really don't want to tend to because of the time restraints I have. The reason I'm talking about any of this is that I just want you guys to know that this is something I'm really concerned about, and none of this is caused or enhanced by the recent arguments.
It seems that this is getting ignored, so I might as well just go away now. (Sorry to sound rude, though it took me a really long time to write that and it's also a very serious issue for me)
(Formerly Jayoshi)
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by zmonbobbo »

Jayoshi wrote:
Jayoshi wrote:Now that I have something else to talk about...
I may have to go away from these forums for a while, given my current situation in real life. Things are kind of complicating for me as my school's workload starts building up, and I also have some trouble talking to a friend about some things that are important. Going to the talkhaus now feels more like a procrastination than it is really talking to other people, and what's even worse is that I'm tempted to rely on this site even more than I already am.

I'm also kind of worried about this site wearing down my confidence to confront my friend. It seems that the more time I spend being carefree, (or being around many others also acting carefree) the more I become afraid of having to do what I need to do. Being carefree... really just doesn't feel like me, and I immediately regret the time I spend making jokes (especially lewd ones) or anything similar like that. It just doesn't fit me, and I feel like I'm lying to others by acting this way. (even though I tell myself it's just a habit...) Overall, it just feels like a facade I put on to temporarily gain the attention of people.

What makes matters worse is that the guy I want to talk to doesn't like to take things seriously, especially the subject I want to talk to him about. We also have really different ideals about things in general, (from what I know about him so far) but that's not what I'm really concerned about. Not even the fact that I used to like him makes me agitated. (the relationship kind, mind you)

What bothers me most is that I feel like as long as I act carefree, I'm not going to be able to get anything across to him that I want to. This makes me sad each and every time I've approached him, gotten distracted by some subject, and then went away completely forgetting about what I wanted to say. The subject I want to share with him is also one that I can't really share... openly, mind you, with anyone on this board, since I'm the only one here who has the opinion I have about it, as far as I'm concerned. I already tried talking to someone here about that thing, but it... wasn't really something that person could really reply to, either.

I'm sorry to be so vague about the topic, but it's one that's been really hurtful towards others in the past. Sharing about it right here would probably stir up needless discussion, which I really don't want to tend to because of the time restraints I have. The reason I'm talking about any of this is that I just want you guys to know that this is something I'm really concerned about, and none of this is caused or enhanced by the recent arguments.
It seems that this is getting ignored, so I might as well just go away now. (Sorry to sound rude, though it took me a really long time to write that and it's also a very serious issue for me)
Honestly, I thought about responding, but it didn't sound like you wanted to discuss it. Either way, I wish you well!
I'm probably driving right now.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Oh, it wasn't my intention to ignore your post, but I kinda forgot to post something. Woops.

Real life is something that should always have a higher priority, so if you feel like we are slowing you down then take a little break from coming to this place. I'm sure no one is going to be mad at you or anything.

About confronting your pal, it's not always easy to talk with someone about serious things when the person you are talking to is a very carefree type, but I'm afraid I can offer you no help on that matter. Sorry.

And don't worry, putting up a little facade is something which many of us probably do, including me. If I wouldn't try to sound normal and more serious and sad like I always do in real life, no one would appreciate my presence, I'm sure of that. But there is one important thing - keep that facade onlie-only. Don't let it take over your true personality. That's pretty much all the advice I have, and I apologize if that didn't help you at all. It's hard for me to give good advice.

That said... take care. I'm sure we will meet again someday.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

I think I just found a condiment(I think) that causes depression and self-introspection.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I have no relish for depressing condiments.
Fidget
accidentally from a different dimension
Pronouns: she/herself

Post by Fidget »

Hmm.
... Probably.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Mhmm.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

You think it's a condiment?

If it causes depression, it might not be.
sonicspin
wishes
Banned
First name: t
Pronouns: whatever

Post by sonicspin »

bkamakaze wrote:quite a bit of drama going on
and the rest of us are like
relevant as always
d̀͢͏̷͢ȩ̢͡͞͠-̸̢͟҉g̶̡͟͞҉e͞͏͞͞͠n͢҉e̸̛͠͞r͟á̡͠͡ţ̛́͜i̧̛o̵̢ń̴͠͝͝
dA
cats-on-ice
Back from the grave

Post by cats-on-ice »

Anyone just getting online right now:
Image<--- I h8 u horikawa
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Wait, I don't...
I don't get it
I didn't even see anything bad
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

cats-on-ice wrote:Anyone just getting online right now:
I'd appreciate it if peeps would stop posting stuff like this.
It doesn't help a mess to point at the mess and say "that's a mess", y'know? And joking about it might just make things a bit worse in my mind.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

On the contrary, I think making light of it helps promote a "don't give a shit" attitude, which helps make everyone more chill.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Since it's in a different thread, being posted as a bystander, I think it's fine.

I don't like people coming in to make fun and jokes in a discussion that needs a serious tone. But it helps to lighten up the mood a little bit to cheer people up and soften things out.
cats-on-ice
Back from the grave

Post by cats-on-ice »

Bwarch wrote:
It doesn't help a mess to point at the mess and say "that's a mess", y'know? And joking about it might just make things a bit worse in my mind.
Yeah like I agree with Ivy, where it lightens the mood a little. But hey, I'll stop. Sowee :3c
leod
Be careful when including any personal details.

Post by leod »

Ivy wrote:On the contrary, I think making light of it helps promote a "don't give a shit" attitude, which helps make everyone more chill.
That's the problem, people probably should give quite a few shits about this.
Not to the point of everyone being stressed and sweating buckets but at least, like, don't literally compare it to that silly gif.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Wait, are these late reactions to the aftermath of the one thing or is there something else going on that I'm missing?

*Checks new posts*

Ah. Okay then.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Bwarch wrote:
Besides, I used that gif like literally 3 pages ago.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=467&start=16975#p272618
Cats, you owe me royalties by using that gif
plus mine is way better quality
cats-on-ice
Back from the grave

Post by cats-on-ice »

Ashan wrote:
Bwarch wrote:
Besides, I used that gif like literally 3 pages ago.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=467&start=16975#p272618
Cats, you owe me royalties by using that gif
plus mine is way better quality
shit
fine
royalties owed
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Send the money through my paypal
swagmaster420@dank.memes
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

and to add to all this nonsense, I put WAY TOO MANY marshmellows in my hot chocolate, it feels like I'm drinking some kind of desert.

edit: best snype
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

raocow wrote:and to add to all this nonsense, I put WAY TOO MANY marshmellows in my hot chocolate, it feels like I'm drinking some kind of desert.

edit: best snype
honestly i buy awhole pack of marshmallows and then melt them in my hot chocolate (or even tea if i dont have any cocoa) and then i either slurp it out or stick a finger in and eat it sorry im gross
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

I like to just eat my marshmallows plain without roasting or melting them or anything.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

No real clue as to what caused today's stuff, but if it was that thread that got locked, yeesh. I'm glad it was locked as that was just a dumb thing to start up with the way tensions have been running recently. Anyway, that's all from me on that.

Also, we got our first big snowfall of the year right as I entered the land where Snowhead is in Majora's Mask. Conspiracy or not? You decide.