(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Mata Hari »

Why aren't all exams computerized?
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

CANDY MONTH APPROACHES.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

and all the people with diabetes curse you
That crazy voice dude
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Soz. :(
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Welp, I finally got my post average up to one a day, which has been my goal since I decided to be more active here.
Yay!
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Yesterday I randomly remembered that AVGN The Movie was a thing that happened a while back, so I went and found it online and I totally paid for it, yup.

It was worse than I imagined it, and I had pretty low expectations going in.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Ashan wrote:Yesterday I randomly remembered that AVGN The Movie was a thing that happened a while back, so I went and found it online and I totally paid for it, yup.

It was worse than I imagined it, and I had pretty low expectations going in.
yeah it was pretty bad :{

it's a shame, really
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I haven't enjoyed AVGN in at least a few years, but it's especially bad considering how much time and money was put into it.

I really wish he didn't waste so much time with sketches and hamming up "anger" and "grrr, darn fans making me plays these games I sure hate this!" If you go back and watch his older videos, he was mostly just really honest about the games, his first video, the Castlevania 2 one still holds up really well. I don't know, maybe I like it better because it's not filled with stupid sketches and 15 minutes of a fight scene with a guy dressed up as Bugs Bunny. Regardless, the "angry review" genre he's created has pretty much become a joke at this point, and he's not helping the situation.

I really have a hard time imagining James is happy with the turnout of the movie. With all of his reviews of movies, and his passion for film, I doubt that the AVGN movie is what he would have liked to be his first movie.

Really though, I would have had no idea how to make a movie out of the AVGN shtick. I hope James just drops the AVGN character as a whole at some point soon. I'm sure a lot of people would be outraged about it (hell, Nostalgia Critic was going to drop that character at one point and then he started up again because people only watched him for the stupid character) but he proved in his older videos that he can do decent reviews, and that's what I liked about him before it turned into stupid slapstick and "look at the funny words and potty humor he's stringing together!"
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

AVGN is best when he says 'what were they thinking?!' to things where you can't actually tell what they were thinking, at all
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

At this point I think the top-tier thing James is putting out is the thing James isn't putting out but what Mike put together with James And Mike Mondays. Just straight up, honest playing with editing for the good bits and talking about their experiences with the game and the history of it. No character commentary, no sketches, just honest to goodness couch potatoing.

Of course, James and Mike gets around 300k views and AVGN gets 1 million. So you can understand why exactly James is keeping up with AVGN, maybe he still enjoys the character and obviously that's what everybody else cares about too.
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

So, several days ago, I've posted about my parrot dying. He died the morning after. Ran around the cage in terrible pain and then just stopped.
In case, you were wondering, no, we couldn't take him to a vet, because the vet is in another city(20 min drive) and he wouldn't survive the trip. We gave him some very small doses of Seduxen(a type of painkiller) and some vitamins to make his last hours more bearable(and hoping against hope that vitamins would actually cure him) and it worked for a while, but then the seizures started again. He couldn't even sleep.
R.I.P. Carl 2006-2015
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Oddwrath wrote:So, several days ago, I've posted about my parrot dying. He died the morning after. Ran around the cage in terrible pain and then just stopped.
In case, you were wondering, no, we couldn't take him to a vet, because the vet is in another city(20 min drive) and he wouldn't survive the trip. We gave him some very small doses of Seduxen(a type of painkiller) and some vitamins to make his last hours more bearable(and hoping against hope that vitamins would actually cure him) and it worked for a while, but then the seizures started again. He couldn't even sleep.
R.I.P. Carl 2006-2015
awwww im so sorry

here's a kitten video i hope it cheers you up a little bit

(sorry for the messed up stuff youtube did to it when i clicked enhance)
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Window Squeegee »

Oddwrath wrote: R.I.P. Carl 2006-2015
I'm so sorry Oddwrath, I know what its like to have to put a great pet to sleep. I had a cat for 10 years named Red who was surprisingly smart, but we had to put him to sleep after he had an unfixable blood-clot or something in his leg. I also used to have two pugs, but we had to put one to sleep after it kept having seizures no matter what we tried.

On an unrelated lighter note, I'm currently trapped in my own house on my birthday because of a blizzard, but I decided to start playing Sly 2 Band of Thieves on my PS2 so my birthday's been going great.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Rest in peace to a good bird
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

I think everybody here knows what it's like to have a pet die, and it sure does suck. But at least you can be sure you cared for him diligently right up until the end.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Twitter Thread

Post by Sorel »

dr_kraid wrote:I think everybody here knows what it's like to have a pet die.
Not quite, as I have never owned a pet. But I got a few friends whose pet died, so I know how it feels through their stories.

Death is a terrible thing. Every living being has to go at one point, and it will always hurt to lose someone who was dear to you. But the reason we - no, every being exists, is to live a good life. Carl may be gone, but the memories - may they be good ones and bad ones - will never fade. He had the honor to have you as his owner, his caretaker, but, most important, as his friend until the bitter end.

Rest in peace, little bird.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Oddwrath wrote:So, several days ago, I've posted about my parrot dying. He died the morning after. Ran around the cage in terrible pain and then just stopped.
R.I.P. Carl 2006-2015
I'm sorry to hear he didn't make it. Like everyone's said, losing a pet is not easy. I had my cockatiel pass away in my hands, and that was an experience, to say the least.
I'm certain Carl had a great life with you.
Window Squeegee wrote:On an unrelated lighter note, I'm currently trapped in my own house on my birthday because of a blizzard, but I decided to start playing Sly 2 Band of Thieves on my PS2 so my birthday's been going great.
Video games are a great way to spend any day, really, birthday or not.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

My condolences on the loss of an animal companion.

In other news, I have entirely lost my voice due to a combination of illness and a job that requires I talk to people.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Rest in parrotdise
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

FluffiMasta wrote:Not quite, as I have never owned a pet.
But that's worse
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek

Post by Snakebite969 »

I have found happiness
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I live in the south to avoid the cold >: wth man
That crazy voice dude
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:I live in the south to avoid the cold >: wth man
I know, right?
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Our winter was fairly mild until mid-December, which is weird for Canada.
It helps that where I live, I get warm winds off the mountains that'll warm things up for a while, but still.
He captured!
ultratowel112
Pronouns: He/him

Post by ultratowel112 »

One more week of break. So far all I've done is 100% the first three Ratchet and Clank games (well, finished the 100% of UYA that I started last break) and went through Deadlocked on Gladiator difficulty. I'm planning on going through on the lowest difficulty (for skill points) then Exterminator to finish out this 100%. If I finish that in time, I'll go through Sly 1&2 for the first time. I never had them as a kid and I found them for $5 total, so I figured I'd give them a shot since I love the other PS2 exclusives (R&C, Jak).