(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

GlitchedGhost wrote:
InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Wanna play with my wii? I'll let you use the joystick.
Ooooh, the skeleton is diiirty~
That'll happen to ya when you're six feet under ground ;)
That crazy voice dude
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:I need to write a 1000 word essay on a poem that's like 100 words.
I don't think I've ever felt this stumped trying to write something before. I have nothing to say about this poem, let alone 1000 words.
You could always just quote the poem ten times. I'm sure that won't result in a failing grade or anything.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Ashan wrote: The fluff part I am doing though. That's usually my strategy for these things.
It's everybody's strategy. Pree sure the teachers know it's bullshit too some of the time since it's just a curriculum thing so even if it's rambly as all frick they still give good marks.
Oddwrath
The ghost of talkhaus unlikely
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Oddwrath »

So, my laptop has been broken for a couple of days. Along with my assignment that was worth 25% of the whole module. That's always fun.
:lesbian_pride: my avatar is from that obake game made in 2001 that you cannot play anymore unless you run it through a virtual machine and apply a locale patch
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

GlitchedGhost wrote:
Whimsical Calamari wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote: Just looked it up, apparently it is possible to use a PS4 controller on a pc. Oooo, I think I might do that when I have the money.
Because it apparently works with PS3, too, I'm really wanting one. They're so nice.
WHAT
I did not realize that
Apparently six-axis and vibration still don't work (not picky about either). The PS button used to not work but it says that a firmware update took care of that?
That's still really, really cool.
Well a ton of games on Steam have native Xbox 360 controller support (you know, cause Microsoft) but there are several programs that basically emulate your PS3 controller as a 360 controller. It's what I use for Dark Souls, Binding of Isaac, etc. Yeah, PS3 controllers are awesome.
Bwarch wrote:
Ashan wrote: The fluff part I am doing though. That's usually my strategy for these things.
It's everybody's strategy. Pree sure the teachers know it's bullshit too some of the time since it's just a curriculum thing so even if it's rambly as all frick they still give good marks.
It's what I did on the last few essays and my highest mark was like a 73 or something? The other ones were ~68-ish mark I think. He marks pretty tough. As long as I pass though, I'm not too worried about my English mark.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Oh yeah, and speaking of Dark Souls, they're going to be releasing what's basically a GOTY edition of the game, and rereleasing it on PS4 and Xbone, which is pretty awesome. There's going to be a huge patch as well, with updated graphics, new NPCs and stuff in the base game, and if new dedicated servers for PCs with DirectX11 support for 6 PEOPLE ONLINE AT ONCE. It will be amazing.

And the patch is free!

edit: uhhh... actually it looks like the DX11 might be paid? Hopefully it's just a cheap upgrade if you own the original version, cause everyone will be super pissed if they make everyone re-buy the game all over again for what amounts to features that should have been in the PC version to begin with.
Diggertron
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Diggertron »

So apparently my best friend isn't as 100% gay as she thought she was.

Unexpectedly, this became one of the happiest things to happen to me/us in a long time~~~!
That makes raocow a victim of proprietary software.
Skynet.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

my whole family is sick again this sucks
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I have to write like a 20 page term paper, I hate writing and have yet to really start it, it's due within a month. Bah.
Most likely given my style of writing I'll end up finishing at like 10 pages and running out of things to say. Bah.
At least I can basically choose the topic, so there's that. It's a class about technical innovation and I'll probably write about how change or a lack thereof effects whether or not users of a social networking site leave and the switching cost involved. Or something like that.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Not going to lie, that decision that happened in Ferguson has me pretty upset right now. I just feel like the whole thing was handled poorly by the government, the prosecutor, and the police... especially the police as they're back to doing the power-abusing that they know best.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Twitter Thread

Post by Sorel »

Diggertron wrote:So apparently my best friend isn't as 100% gay as she thought she was.

Unexpectedly, this became one of the happiest things to happen to me/us in a long time~~~!
Yay for relationships.

Boo for me since I never was in a relationship before. (DAMN YOU, FRIENDZOOOOOOONE)

Neverless, good luck with yours.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

The friend zone does have the advantage that it lets you have a friend you really like though. It's not all bad. :D
Diggertron wrote:So apparently my best friend isn't as 100% gay as she thought she was.

Also what makes that such a happy occasion?
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

docopoper wrote: Also what makes that such a happy occasion?
Diggertron wrote:me/us
Keep up ol' Doco!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Twitter Thread

Post by Sorel »

docopoper wrote:The friend zone does have the advantage that it lets you have a friend you really like though. It's not all bad. :D

Also what makes that such a happy occasion?
Friendzone is kinda like a rejection. And it's even worse when you are only a friend since sometimes you just want to tell them how much you love them and...

I could go on for hours but it does have sooome advantages... like at least being able to spend some time together.

But mostly it sucks.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Ashan wrote:Well a ton of games on Steam have native Xbox 360 controller support (you know, cause Microsoft) but there are several programs that basically emulate your PS3 controller as a 360 controller. It's what I use for Dark Souls, Binding of Isaac, etc. Yeah, PS3 controllers are awesome.
Yeah, I heard about that when I looked it up. It makes me really happy cause I heavily prefer PS3 controllers and their set up.
Bean wrote:Not going to lie, that decision that happened in Ferguson has me pretty upset right now. I just feel like the whole thing was handled poorly by the government, the prosecutor, and the police... especially the police as they're back to doing the power-abusing that they know best.
It's terrible what's happening in Ferguson right now. That decision was absolute bs.

Congrats on the relationship!
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

I hooked up one of my PS3 controllers to my computer. Installed the drivers, and it works great. I have a full 360 directions on my analog stick now, compared to the eight that my Logitech seemed to give me before. Why did I not do this sooner.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

If you're having any issues configuring any games with the controller, this is the program I use: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/
MotionInJoy kinda sketches me out, so this one feels a little safer.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Ashan wrote:If you're having any issues configuring any games with the controller, this is the program I use: http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/
MotionInJoy kinda sketches me out, so this one feels a little safer.
I haven't heard anything good about MotionInJoy, which is why I avoided it. I read about BetterDS3, I may try it after. I used this method, which uses the Xbox 360 drivers and then a different wrapper to make the computer think the PS3 Controller is an X360 controller.
I wonder if one method is better than the other.
He captured!
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

I hope we have pecan pie Thursday
That crazy voice dude
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

I'm having two thanksgivings so I'm gonna get extra fat
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

I might actually grow meat on my bones!
That crazy voice dude
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I am a guy who hates the taste of turkey so I typically just eat mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and maybe some other vegetable and that's it.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

But smoked turkey is heavenly
That crazy voice dude
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

i like putting turkey in rolls to make a delish sandwich
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Mmm, pecan pie. That made me realize how much I've craving something sweet.
Turkey is absolutely delicious, ESPECIALLY with cranberry sauce. That shit's my jam. Mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob are delicious too.
He captured!