(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by darkychao »

Bartle wrote:you know when you want to get advice on rape and you go to Google for an appropriate forum with people who know what they're talking about but you're overconfident in the power of autocorrect so you type "ra" and hit enter

and it takes you to raocow.talkhaus.com instead and you don't notice your mistake

and you start talking to a bunch of people on a raocow fan forum about it

and they offer advice but it's mostly nonsense picked up from TV shows and uninformed "that's what I'd do"s

and you still don't realise your mistakes and they start debating the ethics of vigilantism and questioning the efficacy of the police force and discussing proper vs improper interrogation and the legality of illegally obtained evidence

yeah I've never done that before
He came here because he considers the people of this community to be friends (something you may have no experience with), he wants to talk to people who he trusts about something bothering him. Also, you're assuming that because the forum was originally formed around raocow that the only thing that should be talked about is raocow.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I'm not saying anything that isn't based on my (admittedly incomplete) study of law. Besides which, it's not hard to look up the law on anything in any country or state. You just have to know how to read it. But of course you should seek a professional opinion, meaning a lawyer's, although since this is America I of course have to add the proviso "if you can afford it".
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

video games
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Seems like avatars and the smilies are a bit broken at the moment.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

yogui wrote:video games
Jeux vidéo
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Bean wrote:Seems like avatars and the smilies are a bit broken at the moment.
Pls bring back nyoron nyoro~n n~yoron

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

darkychao wrote:
Bartle wrote:you know when you want to get advice on rape and you go to Google for an appropriate forum with people who know what they're talking about but you're overconfident in the power of autocorrect so you type "ra" and hit enter

and it takes you to raocow.talkhaus.com instead and you don't notice your mistake

and you start talking to a bunch of people on a raocow fan forum about it

and they offer advice but it's mostly nonsense picked up from TV shows and uninformed "that's what I'd do"s

and you still don't realise your mistakes and they start debating the ethics of vigilantism and questioning the efficacy of the police force and discussing proper vs improper interrogation and the legality of illegally obtained evidence

yeah I've never done that before
He came here because he considers the people of this community to be friends (something you may have no experience with), he wants to talk to people who he trusts about something bothering him. Also, you're assuming that because the forum was originally formed around raocow that the only thing that should be talked about is raocow.
^
Seriously Bartle, being a major fuck about this.
yogui wrote:video games
You too probably. Deeply personal issues being discussed between friends and colleagues and "lol guys we're on a videogames forum what're you doooooing you sillies"

Twitter thread being open and general for a damn reason. Ugh.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I agree with everything Bwarch said.

Bartle. This is the twitter thread. In the gazebo.
This is the part of the site where you talk about EVERYTHING ELSE.
THIS ISN'T THE MOTHERFUCKING LET'S PLAY OR THE CARTRIDGÉ SUBFORUMS.

STOP POSTING THIS BULLSHIT.

I know it's kind of your gimmick to be snarky, but you've gone too far this time.
I'm sorry, but there are limits.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

You could have just posted something like
No offense intended, but don't you guys think this is kind of a personal discussion to have on a public forum? I'm sure Insane's sister doesn't want everyone who lurks here to find out.
Instead of being overly cynical.

It just comes off the wrong way.
Image Image
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Considering that it's completely anonymous, we don't know Insane's family, we don't know a specific name for his sister, I see no real issue there with talking about the ethics. I don't feel anybody's privacy has been invaded in this. It's a good point, but Insane knew what he was doing there I think.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

There is a final thing I want to say about this matter.

Insane, if you really insist in doing what you are planning to do, think about what your sister might feel like if you should end up with a punishment. I don't think that would make anything better.
Also, think about how that is your desire. Not the desire of your sister.

You said something about "someone else would do it if you don't". How come that you are so sure about that? I agree, there is a possibility that someone might do something to the rapist, but that is only in theory.

Do you think that you can do it without having a bad consciousness about it? I once had a neighbour who killed a man because he did something bad to his family for the sake of revenge, but he ended up commiting suicide a few years ago because he couldn't bear his bad consciousness. I know, you are not going to kill the rapist or anything, but still, keep this in mind.

I do not support violence, nor do I support revenge, yet I don't want to keep you from doing whatever you like. It's your decision. If it's right or wrong is a question of personal ethics.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Yeah it was Insane's choice to talk about this so we should respect his decision, but knowing talkhaus it was obvious it wasn't exactly a great idea to post that here

Bryux

Post by Bryux »

Apparently it's bad to be logical here. I value logic over gentleness, if I come off as rude you guys will have to deal with it. But I guess smaller communities like this one is not the place for that.
KobaBeach wrote:Insane's sis got raped and you post "guys you're jumping to conclusions, she probably just felt raped by him, and wasn't actually raped"
Oh, I did? No I didn't, I said that it was a possibility, I never implied that I believed that one was more likely than the other.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

You fucked up by even saying there was a possibility, face it, everybody here thinks you're dense for even venturing the possibility. Because as somebody who is not a part of the police force in charge of the investigation, you have no solid ground to speak ill of another member's sister's trustworthiness.

"if I come off as rude you guys will have to deal with it" Ass.
Bryux

Post by Bryux »

So implying that a possibility exists is speaking ill of someone? And in extension that justifies calling the person that implied so dense and an ass?
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Nah, I called you an ass because you believe that if you're being rude that's just fine and dandy and you won't change that.

But you are totally dense for venturing that Insane's sister is lying. It's not your place, it's not even remotely nice to Insane himself and it will cause a rift between you two that didn't have to happen before you opened your trap. Good job on burning those bridges buddy, gonna go far with an attitude like that.
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

can you show some empathy and stop responding now
watho
:0
Pronouns: she/her

Post by watho »

If you literally can't stop being rude then maybe you should stop posting. Just being logical here.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

watho wrote:Just being logical here.
lmao

+
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

I don't agree with Bryux being rude is a good thing, but I have to admit that the thought of a "possibility that she didn't get raped" crossed my mind at least once.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

watho wrote:If you literally can't stop being rude then maybe you should stop posting. Just being logical here.
☐ Not REKT
☑ REKT
☑ REKTangle
☑ SHREKT
☑ REKT-it Ralph
☑ Total REKTall
☑ The Lord of the REKT
☑ The Usual SusREKTs
☑ North by NorthREKT
☑ REKT to the Future
☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT
☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT
☑ LawREKT of Arabia
☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT
☑ eREKTile dysfunction
Image Image
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

FluffiMasta wrote:I don't agree with Bryux being rude is a good thing, but I have to admit that the thought of a "possibility that she didn't get raped" crossed my mind at least once.
Fluffi you do realize that them being rude was due to them venturing the possibility of the rape not being real.

Which you just ventured yourself in an offhand way.

So you're chastising Bryux for being rude while simultaneously saying the thing that we're chastising Bryux for. Fluffi for the love of all that is good please think before you post. I think most of us like you, want to like you, but there's so often these posts where you just need to think before you act, especially in very volatile situations as this.
Last edited by Bwarch 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

Mm. Saying 'I have decided that logic is more important than empathising with other human beings' doesn't make you some giant of scientific, philosophical or empirical reasoning. It makes you socially inept, and incapable of truly benefiting the people those schools of thought are designed to serve. Equally, no facet of 'logic' prevents you from phrasing a reply in a way less likely to cause offense in an already emotionally charged discussion -- as other posters have done. Your point also didn't really add anything -- in all crimes under the current justice system, there is a possibility that one or both parties are lying. This is something that the majority of people have internalised, and which doesn't need to be pointed out to them. We already thought of it. We just didn't say it because it's intensely disrespectful to Insane's sister, since fabricating a rape claim is morally terrible and you are implying her to be capable of that by voicing the opinion out loud.

However,this discussion has gotten rather angry, and it may be best for all concerned that the hatchet is buried. This doesn't need to cause more conflict than the event already has done, and will do.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
watho
:0
Pronouns: she/her

Post by watho »

KobaBeach wrote:rekt
Woah there, you better check yourself before you rek yourself.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote: However,this discussion has gotten rather angry, and it may be best for all concerned that the hatchet is buried. This doesn't need to cause more conflict than the event already has done, and will do.
So ready for this discussion to move on considering that the most important part of advising Insane is done. Anybody feel free to post whatever, do not think you'll be interrupting a conversation because this really should end now since the rest of this is pointless and just digging holes for members.