(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: ./twitter-thread

Post by KobaBeach »

leod wrote:your mom has no excuse
:iceburn:
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Koba, stop shit posting your better than that.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

darkychao wrote:Koba, stop shit posting your better than that.
No I'm not
Image Image
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

Dan wrote:Septentrion, not everything is about you. We were not "both wrong" as you put it. You were wrong. You agitated a person who asked you very directly not to use a certain term. I assume you took this as an attack on your character and not a simple request made by someone more knowledgeable and emotionally invested in the subject matter than you. You were wrong to do so. Literally all you would have needed to do was apologize. You would have been unbanned. Acting like you've been victimized will never endear anyone worthwhile to your case. I say "worthwhile" because the people you have won over are exactly like you - i.e. very immature and petty.
The IRC can have it's own mythology for all I care. I admitted I was wrong. It is not immature and petty. However, others have played victims and refuse to take any responsibility. You hate any scrutiny, I welcome it. I would love to see the chat logs proving your immaculate mod acting not offensive towards me, but policy is quite a convenient excuse, isn't it.

We I dig this hole. I'm making to sure to bury you all with me.(hint hint)
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

KobaBeach wrote:
No I'm not
At least post a different butt picture each time. Posting the same butt every time gets boring.
I can contribute with loli butts if needed. :3
Last edited by yogui 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Dan wrote:Almost everyone here has the maturity level of a 12-year-old. Aposke, you are extremely pretentious and you don't seem to care at all about other people. How about instead of insisting that the people you've hurt are wrong for feeling hurt, you ask yourself "How can I minimize the harm I do to other people?" I realize this will take some lifestyle changes on your part, but trust me, it will be worth it in the long run.
If social interaction only had the topic of personal feelings as its content, it would be easy to do that. Sadly (?) this is not the way it is, and there's way more to consider than just the feelings of the person you're talking to. Everyone has their own worldview, and while it's good to be accepting of other people's views, it can be harmful towards yourself to comply with every small demand they make in regards to your wording. Because, in essence, that is nothing but an attempt to change your worldview to match theirs – and it's not even a straightforward, honest one, like in a discussion, but a roundabout way that's trying to essentially brainwash them by making them use words that have completely different connotations. This is why I'm generally against political correctness, since it discourages open discussions and enabling people to create their own opinions on issues.
Dan wrote:As a first step, I suggest leaving the skypehaus. It is very difficult to change habits in an environment that reinforces your habits, and as I understand it, the skypehaus is a place where people can feel safe having the same callous worldview as you.
Right back at 'cha, IRC chap.
Dan wrote:I don't give a fuck what your philosophy professors tell you, so don't you dare responding with anything of the sort. If, when you put into practice what you've learned, this is what it looks like, consider learning something else.
I'm not actually following anything my professors have talked about so far. I'm still in bachelor stadium for christ sake, and I (contrary to some other people) don't assume to know the absolute, concrete truth about very very general social or ethical issues. I'm not putting anything into practice per se, except for my belief in trying to estimate other people's views in accordance to what I (believe to) know, and what they (believe to) know.

Dan wrote:I don't know what the fuck happened to these forums that turned them into such a joke. I look in the gazebo and see pretty much nothing but petty meaningless conflict that explodes into drama like this every few weeks (why people feel the need to complain about IRC bans here, I don't know. Why forums people try to engage them, I really don't know). I wouldn't say this is a very nice place to be honest. It doesn't surprise me that it has such an astoundingly immature userbase. I realize some of the people here are literal children (this is why I'm not talking about Fluffi's posts) but nobody else has such an excuse.
Now that's something I can agree with. It's sad seeing drama overtake the Talkhaus as much as it did, but honestly, I'd blame most of it on the rather strict policing, especially considering words and free expression, that has taken place here over the last year or so.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Sept, please don't kill anyone, thanks.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Saturn Moriya

Post by Saturn Moriya »

Turn it around already this thread is dying.

Your blood their blood serves the same!!
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
Dan wrote:Septentrion, not everything is about you. We were not "both wrong" as you put it. You were wrong. You agitated a person who asked you very directly not to use a certain term. I assume you took this as an attack on your character and not a simple request made by someone more knowledgeable and emotionally invested in the subject matter than you. You were wrong to do so. Literally all you would have needed to do was apologize. You would have been unbanned. Acting like you've been victimized will never endear anyone worthwhile to your case. I say "worthwhile" because the people you have won over are exactly like you - i.e. very immature and petty.
The IRC can have it's own mythology for all I care. I admitted I was wrong. It is not immature and petty. However, others have played victims and refuse to take any responsibility. You hate any scrutiny, I welcome it. I would love to see the chat logs proving your immaculate mod acting not offensive towards me, but policy is quite a convenient excuse, isn't it.

We I dig this hole. I'm making to sure to bury you all with me.(hint hint)
(IRC has the deepest lore)
yogui wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
No I'm not
At least post a different butt picture each time. Posting the same butt every time gets boring.
My husbando (and his various digivolutions) is not boring
yogui wrote:I can contribute with loli butts if needed. :3
bara furries only
Image Image
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Post by Unaniem »

I

fuck

Can we please just all get along.
I'm currently as stressed out as fuck and this subject has an entire history behind it on my life and I'm sorry for being an immature crybaby child and everything hate me if you wish (although I really hope you won't I apologise) and and and

why does there have to be so much hatred everywhere
I'm going fucking mental
yogui
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banned
First name: guy who made something

Post by yogui »

KobaBeach wrote:
bara furries only
That's racist!
[enable_hats][/enable_hats]
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

Unaniem wrote:Image
I

fuck

Can we please just all get along.
I'm currently as stressed out as fuck and this subject has an entire history behind it on my life and I'm sorry for being an immature crybaby child and everything hate me if you wish (although I really hope you won't I apologise) and and and

why does there have to be so much hatred everywhere
I'm going fucking mental
You're one of my favorite members here actually!
Pyon!
leod
Be careful when including any personal details.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by leod »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:and refuse to take any responsibility.
can u explain very clearly what anyone owes you any responsibility for?
explain it to me like im that hot girl in your highschool class that doesn't really care but your'e so attracted that youd do anything to make her notice you
or like a child
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Unaniem wrote:why does there have to be so much hatred everywhere
I'm going fucking mental
*hugs tight*
yogui wrote:
KobaBeach wrote:
bara furries only
That's speciesist!
Check ur human privilege
Image Image
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

guys, guys, GUYS, did anyone else notice that every post in this thread mysteriously shifted it's position down by one a while ago?! I think this is important enough that we should drop all other topics and talk about it!
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Lunatic Quark wrote:guys, guys, GUYS, did anyone else notice that every post in this thread mysteriously shifted it's position down by one a while ago?! I think this is important enough that we should drop all other topics and talk about it!
Yeah, one of alex's posts got deleted or something. Not exactly sure why, and he doesn't wanna talk about it, either.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

So just for clarification here: This is about Sept getting banned from IRC? Like, a thing happened in the IRC, he got banned, and he decided it was alright to bring the shitstorm into the Twitter thread isntead of, you know, not bringing a shitstorm into the Twitter thread?

e: Sorry I kinda ruined our three-post non-shitstorm streak but let's be honest considering Sept's behavior over the past five pages it wasn't going to last regardless.
Last edited by Zygl 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Post by Dan »

aposke you are clinging too tightly to your precious "worldview" to be able to see anything clearly, and it's going to cause a lot of pain for you and for other people in the future. whatever fuck this place
cats-on-ice
Back from the grave

Post by cats-on-ice »

you're ruining my childhood by arguing
Image<--- I h8 u horikawa
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Aposke wrote: Yeah, one of alex's posts got deleted or something. Not exactly sure why, and he doesn't wanna talk about it, either.
But wait, wouldn't that shift all the other posts up instead of down? It looks more like a post was inserted somewhere instead of deleted, unless I'm missing something.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Dan wrote:Almost everyone here has the maturity level of a 12-year-old. Aposke, you are extremely pretentious and you don't seem to care at all about other people. How about instead of insisting that the people you've hurt are wrong for feeling hurt, you ask yourself "How can I minimize the harm I do to other people?" I realize this will take some lifestyle changes on your part, but trust me, it will be worth it in the long run. As a first step, I suggest leaving the skypehaus. It is very difficult to change habits in an environment that reinforces your habits, and as I understand it, the skypehaus is a place where people can feel safe having the same callous worldview as you. I don't give a fuck what your philosophy professors tell you, so don't you dare responding with anything of the sort. If, when you put into practice what you've learned, this is what it looks like, consider learning something else.

Septentrion, not everything is about you. We were not "both wrong" as you put it. You were wrong. You agitated a person who asked you very directly not to use a certain term. I assume you took this as an attack on your character and not a simple request made by someone more knowledgeable and emotionally invested in the subject matter than you. You were wrong to do so. Literally all you would have needed to do was apologize. You would have been unbanned. Acting like you've been victimized will never endear anyone worthwhile to your case. I say "worthwhile" because the people you have won over are exactly like you - i.e. very immature and petty.

While I'm at it, I'd like to address a couple things I've heard said about the IRC during this drama bomb. Talkhaus IRC is one of the most caring and open communities I have ever experienced, online or off. Nobody is excluded unless they start attacking people we care about. I don't even know who Leet is so I thought it was pretty funny to see him her assert that "only bad things" happen there. I guess when you ban people from having fun (bullying), it naturally pisses some people off, but really, I just want to make sure nobody is turned off by posts like those. We really would love your company, whoever you are.

I don't know what the fuck happened to these forums that turned them into such a joke. I look in the gazebo and see pretty much nothing but petty meaningless conflict that explodes into drama like this every few weeks (why people feel the need to complain about IRC bans here, I don't know. Why forums people try to engage them, I really don't know). I wouldn't say this is a very nice place to be honest. It doesn't surprise me that it has such an astoundingly immature userbase. I realize some of the people here are literal children (this is why I'm not talking about Fluffi's posts) but nobody else has such an excuse.

e: how the tables have turned - looks like now it is I who am misgendering YOU! (someone told me leet is a girl, sorry)
i dunno what happened to wareng but ++++ for this entire post
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

leod wrote:
explain it to me like im that hot girl in your highschool class that doesn't really care but your'e so attracted that youd do anything to make her notice you
or like a child
When people are in a position of authority says very bad things about someone who just made a mistake due to not knowing things, it is bad!
Also, Horokawa pick up the slack!

Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Lunatic Quark wrote:
Aposke wrote: Yeah, one of alex's posts got deleted or something. Not exactly sure why, and he doesn't wanna talk about it, either.
But wait, wouldn't that shift all the other posts up instead of down? It looks more like a post was inserted somewhere instead of deleted, unless I'm missing something.
Maybe it was put back? I dunno.
Dan wrote:aposke you are clinging too tightly to your precious "worldview" to be able to see anything clearly, and it's going to cause a lot of pain for you and for other people in the future
I find it dazzling that you can say this with a straight face and not even for a moment think that the same might be true for you (and the rest of the IRC who agrees as well). It's ridiculous how you claim the Skypehaus is an echo chamber while the IRC isn't. They're both horts for people with certain opinions on very basic matters and they necessarily attract more people of that kind. If I need to watch out, so do you.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:
leod wrote:
or like a child
When people are in a position of authority says very bad things about someone who just made a mistake due to not knowing things, it is bad!
Also, Horokawa pick up the slack!

Image Image
Medley
The younger sister
First name: It's ambiguous, really
Pronouns:

Post by Medley »

cats-on-ice wrote:you're ruining my childhood by arguing
I'm really sorry you had to join the forum right before it exploded. It's not always like this!
Pyon!