(shouting)

YouTube Stuff (mostly the management screwing up AMIRITE)

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: YouTube Stuff (mostly the management screwing up AMIRITE)

Post by Leet »

google is cutting the feature that allows the community to submit captions for a video, because google is actively malicious and a blight on humanity, in case anyone needed even more convincing, somehow
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

It doesn't benefit Jimmy Kimmel or James Corden so of course they won't keep it around
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

i think it's negligent enough to be actively racist. i mostly see community captions being used by fans to translate videos into lots of languages for them, something that would generally be completely impossible for the creator to do themself, and would be hilariously costly for the creator to pay someone else to do (prolly something like $10 per minute of video per video per language).
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

speaking of that "hilariously costy", turns out their plan is related to that - as a YT creator you can get 6 free months of a subscription to a third party caption provider, after which you will have to pay them to caption your video. hahahahahaha!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

wooo commerce!!!
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Why does Youtube beg me to sign in?

I can't get through like five videos without a screen prompting me to log in and won't load the video until I refresh or click something else (sometimes a few times).
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

ano0maly wrote: 3 years ago Why does Youtube beg me to sign in?

I can't get through like five videos without a screen prompting me to log in and won't load the video until I refresh or click something else (sometimes a few times).
your data is who you are
they thirst for it
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

youtube has announced it will now more aggressively advertise on small channels. small channels that they won't pay for the privilege.

woo
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

NO ONE HAS EVER DISLIKED THIS VIDEO

ONLY LIKED

HOW DARE YOU MAKE SUCH AN ACCUSATION
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess

Post by Daarkbuu »

They should keep the rating system as is imo but get rid of the fucking carcinogenic biohazard known as the YT comments section. Nothing good or productive has ever come from it :ehh:
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I'm pretty sure my player buttons got bigger/more padding today
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

dislike button officially useless

forever seething about yt rewind 2018
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Are they combining likes and dislikes into one net like count, like how comment likes came to be?
void
wow
First name: vic
Pronouns: they/he

Post by void »

A friend of mine recently had her YouTube account compromised and used to spam and shill cryptocurrency nonsense. YouTube support is being complete dunderheads about it. They told her they found no evidence of hijacking even though you'd think the sudden influx of crypto uploads when she only used her account before to upload unlisted/private animation clips she worked on, would be enough evidence? Especially since I heard recently the crypto YT account hijacking has been an issue for a while, so you'd think YouTube account support would be able to recognize when something has been so blatantly hijacked. Worst part is because her channel got suspended outside of her control, she's not able to make a new channel without violating the suspension circumvention rules, while also being unable to retrieve the videos that was on her channel that was hijacked. It's really frustrating.
:reimuko:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and they are finally gone

comments will be next, because there can be negativity there, too
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: YouTube (and Google) Stuff

Post by ano0maly »

• It's been a while that Youtube now splits videos in a channel into regular Videos / Shorts clips / Live streams & archives in separate tabs, which is nice. But it would have been great if there was a way to view them all in one place too. Really, even with the Home tab (which is organized however the channel owner set it up), the default is just the regular videos, not the streams & shorts. At first when I clicked on a streamer's channel, and saw all the stream VODs gone and only a few months-old videos, I wondered if the streamer retired or what.
And while reviving this thread a year later I'm mentioning a couple other Google issues:
  • Why is it that in Gmail, holding the shift key while searching something through the mailbox instead opens a new tab of a Google search? Google acts like this is a side feature, but when this happens with me it's always by accident. I don't want this. If I wanted a Google search I would go to Google, not Gmail. Is there a way to turn this off?
  • With Chrome on a mobile device, when you click and hold on a link to open it in another tab, it forces you to open it in a tab group. Whose idea was this? I don't get why the developers at Google don't understand the basic idea that I may want to open a new tab normally, like I have been doing all along (and still can on desktop Chrome). Forcing tabs to be packaged into groups introduces unnecessary layers to the simplest things while browsing the web.
    Making matters worse is that tabs and tab groups don't seem to be found anywhere in Chrome settings, where any reasonable person would expect to find them. Instead, you have to go to chrome://flags page to tinker with experimental features. And previous workarounds for the flags page that people shared, about disabling or circumventing mandatory tab groups, have been made to no longer work in later Chrome updates. The most insulting part was when Chrome made non-group new tab a selectable option after some time, only to remove it again at some point later. This inexcusable problem is why I switched to mobile Firefox despite that browser having a few issues on certain sites, such as not being able to load Youtube comments on desktop mode (on mobile mode I can't sort them by latest date).
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i literally just got randomly subscribed to a "tesla live" account for no reason. i did not sub to this, i would never sub to this, i am actually fuming

anyway im reading funny reddit posts about king from tekken
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

what problem does "stop showing the watch later button when hovering over thumbnails on the Subscriptions page" even solve?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris

Post by EllenHouraisan »

Seems Youtube has started displaying the "@" channel IDs in comments instead of the channel name. Great if you're trans and your old ID contains your dead name and you never changed it because it couldn't be changed before (but also didn't display anywhere). The good news is that now you can change it, it's just a rather well-hidden option. Fun stuffs.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

EllenHouraisan wrote: 9 months ago Seems Youtube has started displaying the "@" channel IDs in comments instead of the channel name. Great if you're trans and your old ID contains your dead name and you never changed it because it couldn't be changed before (but also didn't display anywhere). The good news is that now you can change it, it's just a rather well-hidden option. Fun stuffs.
For the sake of anyone wondering how. I made a super complex image showing how.
How to change your handle.png
How to change your handle.png (51.86 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P