(shouting)

YouTube Stuff (mostly the management screwing up AMIRITE)

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
freelop

Re: Ohno! Youtube changed again!

Post by freelop »

I use the watch later playlist a fair bit but it hasn't been working properly for a short while, when I click the icon to add a video the playlist appears but claims it is empty and I need to go elsewhere to see the list.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I will say that I only had one playlist out of order went I hopped on tonight, and that one was my newest. I hope they stay that way from now on.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

And holy crap, the long 37 video playlist of music I had completely reassembled itself into the order I originally put! Awesome!
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
SnackJackSJ
*Pressing controller buttons and plucking guitar strings furiously*
First name: Adam

Post by SnackJackSJ »

I had no idea those problems were happening.
Now I'm just glad I'm not having that problem (How much do you bet now that I've said that, they'll start happening).
Whoa! Jack plays Mario Hacks?!
peace, love, and music
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's cool. I was kind of bummed by the format changes, but it was the technical stuff that will always drive me crazy. Like I said, the playlist glitch appears to be fixed now, although I'm keeping tabs on it. As for the uploading length, that's a huge bug that is known and being worked on but hasn't been fixed for others as of yet.

I think the 20 Years of Sonic LP has run into this glitch, even if they don't know it yet.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

INB4SHITSTORM
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
kilon

Post by kilon »

what changed this time that I don't see being changed for me yet? I need to know so I can complain about it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I haven't seen anything either other than not being able to delete all comments at once. What's wrong with the site this time?
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

How nice.
Youtube now asks me whether I want to watch a 33 minute long advertisement before I watch the ACTUAL video, or watch the video with A COMMERCIAL BREAK.

I'll leave the shitstorm to you guys, but fuck this site.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Ah yes. Good old adblock. Although there are ways to have a commercial even when you have adblock. It's only a matter of time I'm afraid..
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I've never seen a youtube ad except for maybe once or twice or slightly more
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Youtube is not really a site worth disabling adblock for. Now that I think about it the two sites I disable adblock for are the talkhaus and smwcentral.

kilon

Post by kilon »

The only site I disable adblock is for a forum that uses custom software so that things like opening spoilers or watching embedded videos is impossible if adblock is enabled. So it's only because I'm forced to disable it.

Also, I just notice the usual glitches where videos made in the past week aren't appearing in the subbox. But that's nothing out of the ordinary.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Youtube is not really a site worth disabling adblock for. Now that I think about it the two sites I disable adblock for are the talkhaus and smwcentral.
talkhaus, SMWCentral, and Tweakguides are about the only sites I disable it for myself. I'd rather sit through the extra load time for videos actually on Youtube then annoying as shit ads. (Although I've taken to watching raocow's videos here rather than Youtube because I don't mind the simple pop-up ads they have and it's more convenient generally.)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I've only disabled ads for this site since it's the only one I go to where I feel wrong about not letting them show up.
Last edited by Bean 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Youtube is not really a site worth disabling adblock for. Now that I think about it the two sites I disable adblock for are the talkhaus and smwcentral.
I had to disable adblock for smwcentral once because it blocked the entire site
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I've seen some old glitches pop up now that they're trying to introduce that faster loading player again. Playlists won't update (had that happen with my comic preview pages upload), some videos won't load occasionally unless you reload the page, but at least I'm not seeing the one where playlists get all jumbled up again.
Jeran
:V
First name: Jeran

Post by Jeran »

I dont care if youtube looks fancy. i want the page to load faster. fancy CSS just breaks, and all the fancy shiny stuff eats bandwidth. i just wish there were an option for totally html 4 youtube... yeah. thats will be cool. it will be like the year 2000 again, but with streaming video. :roll:
O'Largill
soggy
First name: iLeave

Post by O'Largill »

Jeran wrote:I dont care if youtube looks fancy. i want the page to load faster. fancy CSS just breaks, and all the fancy shiny stuff eats bandwidth. i just wish there were an option for totally html 4 youtube... yeah. thats will be cool. it will be like the year 2000 again, but with streaming video. :roll:
Protip!!
View > Page Style > No Style
And just watch the magic happen.
i transformed into a half silkworm, half human anime girl, and caught you off guard. l-looks like... looks like you've been... tricked!!!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

On June 29th, my YouTube account turned 5. I kinda missed it, but look what showed up when I posted a comment on a random video today!
In the past 5 years I never caught on to that. Thanks, YouTube.
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

Darn, that new layout bugs the hell out of me.

That box showed up for me aswell. Man without that notification I would totally forget that I had like 10 videos uploaded in the past 4 years. Actually really reminds me to upload something again...
Gabu

Post by Gabu »

Hoping that the playlist glitch fix does indeed do what it's supposed to do. It got annoying playing some of my playlists only for five videos getting stuck in an infinite loop.

Other than that, insert complaints about other Youtube changes here. Especially how ads are handled now. Time to re-enable Adblock, I guess.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

If you're having issues with some videos either playing or displaying properly, use this link to opt out of HTML5.

Edit: Although I will say that it can cause small desync like this. I just checked out an old video of mine with and without the HTML5 on. With it on, the video plays normally. Without it, it's about a quarter second late on the audio. Again, just one video, but it's better than having to do an annoying workaround to get videos to even start playing.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

I have a youtube channel too guys
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

I have two youtube channels and they have two completely different layouts now. On my main watching channel, I can't even check my subscriptions well because it just loads the main page with "recommendations". I now have to check each subscription to make sure I don't miss anything.