(shouting)

YouTube Stuff (mostly the management screwing up AMIRITE)

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
First name: Tree

Re: Grumped about YouTube

Post by Unaniem »

retsupurae is also a lot of satire on bad or sloppy content, while "X reacts to" is just grabbing a bunch of random people together and showing them a meme video or something else mainstream everybody has already gotten tired off and/or doesn't find interesting anymore.

Basically the first is entertainment and the second one is entertainment that feels like plain and simple money grabbing by hogging off of popular stuff in it's dying phase. (Or at the very least that's how I experience it)
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Unaniem wrote:retsupurae is also a lot of satire on bad or sloppy content, while "X reacts to" is just grabbing a bunch of random people together and showing them a meme video or something else mainstream everybody has already gotten tired off and/or doesn't find interesting anymore.

Basically the first is entertainment and the second one is entertainment that feels like plain and simple money grabbing by hogging off of popular stuff in it's dying phase. (Or at the very least that's how I experience it)
That and Slowbeef and Beetus are people who do stuff and have a lot of experiance in Let's Play, most of people on Xs React are people who are just pulled off the street and told to react to a video with no prior knowledge of what they're viewing.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

YouTube's latest update broke both ampersands and paragraph breaks in playlist descriptions, at least for me, making my playlist descriptions unreadable. I have a feeling no-one was really using them anyway though it was a pain to update them, so honestly I'm kind of glad I now have an excuse not to.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Today when I went to youtube, it automatically was on my gmail account. I still could change it back, but if this is a new thing.. fuck.
Besides, on the gmail account I don't have any subscriptions. Even if they did change it permanently, I at least want all my subscriptions, liked videos and favourites to be transferred as well.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

kilon wrote:Today when I went to youtube, it automatically was on my gmail account. I still could change it back, but if this is a new thing.. fuck.
Besides, on the gmail account I don't have any subscriptions. Even if they did change it permanently, I at least want all my subscriptions, liked videos and favourites to be transferred as well.
Yeah this happened to me too. And then it automatically logged me out almost every time I loaded a new page there for a while, although now it seems okay. I feel like it may have been a bug in the system.

... Or at least I hope that's all it was. If that's what they're trying to do now then I will be upset
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Recently something has screwed up youtube for me. I have two monitors. When trying to get a video to play for me in full screen I end up with a semi-fullscreen video with white space on the right and bottom sides, with the video sometimes playing in real time but sometimes only playing the audio with a still picture. In order to get around this I have to refresh the page on one monitor, move it to the other then go to fullscreen.
Beyond that sometimes a video will play double audio, which a refresh fixes.

Then there's another problem with the audio. Sometimes it doesn't play for the first 5-10 seconds and requires me to start the video over again for the audio at the start to play.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

kilon wrote:Today when I went to youtube, it automatically was on my gmail account.
The same thing happened to me. When I clicked my avatar in the top right corner, there was a "switch account" option that allowed me to change it back.
kilon

Post by kilon »

Willhart wrote:
kilon wrote:Today when I went to youtube, it automatically was on my gmail account.
The same thing happened to me. When I clicked my avatar in the top right corner, there was a "switch account" option that allowed me to change it back.
I know, but the fact that they force you into using your gmail account now while not even transferring any data is ridiculous.
And it happened again today, so it looks like it could be intended this way.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

This isn't Youtube but it is Google. Has anyone else noticed that those web/images/videos/maps/etc. tab thingies under the search bar keep swapping around? I keep clicking to the right of 'web' expecting to get images but instead getting a load of irrelevant shit!!!!!!!!!!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The HTML5 player isn't currently working for me on Firefox, but it works fine in other browsers. That's kind of weird.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

dr_kraid wrote:This isn't Youtube but it is Google. Has anyone else noticed that those web/images/videos/maps/etc. tab thingies under the search bar keep swapping around? I keep clicking to the right of 'web' expecting to get images but instead getting a load of irrelevant shit!!!!!!!!!!!
YES
I hate it. Images is always supposed to be the second tab, right after "search"
Now sometimes it's news, sometimes it's maps, etc. I have to consciously think about which tab I'm selecting before I click it, it's so annoying.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been forced to log back into Youtube two days in a row now (after not having had to in like a month) and today it seems Youtube was having issues. I loaded three videos and only one loaded on the first try. The other two took 2 and 5 reloads respectively. Most of those reloads giving internal server errors and a few simply loading a completely blank page.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I was just coming here to say:
500 Internal Server Error all over today. It doesn't even try to grab the page. I refresh and it just immediately shows the error. Usually have to refresh 4 or 5 times to get it to work. Sometimes the error page doesn't even display properly.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Stop asking me every single time I go onto the site if I want to use my Google Mail name, and then hiding all of my subscriptions/favorites until I make a decision (which is always the same answer anyway - no I don't).
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Ashan wrote:I was just coming here to say:
500 Internal Server Error all over today. It doesn't even try to grab the page. I refresh and it just immediately shows the error. Usually have to refresh 4 or 5 times to get it to work. Sometimes the error page doesn't even display properly.
Now that may have been why I was having my HTML5 player issues (I hope) because that's fixed now. I don't really care for the normal one as it doesn't let you pre-load the video in full.
Frozelar
Retired Screamer

Post by Frozelar »

Huh, uhh... well I loaded a video and it had 12 comments starting at 2 days ago. I then refreshed the page because of the video player being dumb and it had NO COMMENTS YET. I refreshed the page to see if I was going insane or if it really did have 12 comments before and it still said none. I went back to the page a few minutes later and it had 1 comment from 2 days ago. I refreshed it and then it had all 12 comments again.

wtf
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That happens to me, too. It's just an error where they won't show up for a couple of days.

Also, I found out what was wrong with my HTML5 player not working, if you have https:// in the address bar, it currently gives you the default player. You want the link to be http:// or just skip that for the www thing. That's just silly.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Bean if you use chrome give youtube options a look. (It has an option to always use html5 or flash when playing videos.) I found out my fullscreen issues were due to me setting it to always use flash, I switched it to always using html5 and boom the issue vanished. I still have double audio every once and a while but it's a pretty rare occurrence.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm more of a Firefox guy myself, but thanks for the suggestion.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

Android YouTube...
Y U NO SHOW LIKES ON COMMENTS???
(I get happy when I achieve a top comment)
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That may just work for me, Pholtos. Thanks!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

As of today, I'm suddenly unable to change the resolution of videos.
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

As of today, I'm suddenly able to change the resolution of most videos to 480p.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Lυka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

Ometeotl wrote:As of today, I'm suddenly unable to change the resolution of videos.
I've had that happen a couple of times. Accessing videos directly from their channels seems to fix this sometimes.
"i like bugs"
t