(shouting)

Everything racow is my ne start page!!!

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Everything racow is my ne start page!!!

Post by benzeenie »

How do I get it back to Google!?

I mean I've tried everything, (i think) and nothing resets it!

Is this some kind of evil joke?

EDIT
@@@ANSWER-ISH@@@
edit

*** I had to change my homepage to "http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en-GB2"

That (sort of) fixed eveything. I mean it is my home country and it's not the hardest thing to do. But I used to use a few of those things on that "Google/id thing... Which took me straight back to Everything Rocow. Every time. Forced Firefox glitch? I don't think so, because when I finnaly beat the deamon Firefox- it pped up box asking for my favorite web link. I clicked one (not you rau, you really aren't my all) and *Bang* That was now my new homepage!

So,"http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en-GB2" (pretty much fixes it for now.
Last edited by benzeenie 13 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Re: Everything racow is my ne start page!!!

Post by benzeenie »

*** Double post - sorry!***
kilon

Post by kilon »

This can't be serious.
Right?
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Your computer has a virus
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Kadj

Post by Kadj »

Kilon, don't be a jerk, some people just haven't learned things like this yet.

benzeenie, if you're referring to your browser's home page...

Internet Explorer and Firefox can be fixed by going to the menu near the top of the window; if it's not there, press the alt key and it should come up. Click the "Tools" menu, and then...

Internet Explorer: Click "Internet Options" and change the URL in the "Home Page" section.

Firefox: Click "Options", select the "General" tab, and change the URL in the "Home Page" bar under "Start Up." The URL should show the Everything's raocow URL, but if you click "Restore to Default" the URL will change back to what was on Firefox when you first installed it; otherwise http://www.google.com should do the trick. (It won't look the same though, if that wasn't your original home page.)
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

Kadj wrote:Kilon, don't be a jerk, some people just haven't learned things like this yet.

Internet Explorer and Firefox can be fixed by going to the menu near the top of the window; if it's not there, press the alt key and it should come up. Click the "Tools" menu, and then...

Internet Explorer: Click "Internet Options" and change the URL in the "Home Page" section.

Firefox: Click "Options", select the "General" tab, and change the URL in the "Home Page" bar under "Start Up." The URL should show the Everything's raocow URL, but if you click "Restore to Default" the URL will change back to what was on Firefox when you first installed it; otherwise http://www.google.com should do the trick. (It won't look the same though, if that wasn't your original home page.)
Should havedone. Didn't! It seems to pick out your most viewed vids/vhatevers and force yo u to have it as your homepage! I propmise I'm a not a bad Firefoxer! Been using since v3 I think. Quite a few years and would consider myself a sem-FF ninja
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

Kadj wrote:Kilon, don't be a jerk, some people just haven't learned things like this yet.

Firefox: Click "Options", select the "General" tab, and change the URL in the "Home Page" bar under "Start Up." The URL should show the Everything's raocow URL, but if you click "Restore to Default" the URL will change back to what was on Firefox when you first installed it; otherwise http://www.google.com should do the trick. (It won't look the same, it may, probably wont.though, if that wasn't your original home page.)
Should havedone. Didn't! It seems to pick out your most viewed vids/vhatevers and force you to have it as your homepage! I propmise I'm a not a bad Firefoxer! Been using since v3 I think. Quite a few years and would consider myself a sem-FF ninja[/quote]

EVEN WORSE! When this technique works, another box pops up and asks you to pich a fave from your "Bookmarks" *BANG* This is now your homepage. swear you not.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

benzene is my favorite drug
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
Kadj

Post by Kadj »

Okay, okay, slow down. Can you give us some screenshots of the General tab, and things like the window asking you to remove your bookmarks?

I won't be able to answer immediately, as I have class, but I'll do what I can to help.

Worst case scenario, try and find a way to save your bookmarks, even if it means putting all the URLs in a notepad document, and uninstall then reinstall Firefox.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

This is why I love talkhaus.
Yaridovich

Post by Yaridovich »

You should, like, totally post what addons you're using n stuff.

From what you've told us so far, I can only recommend reinstalling firefox. It saves your bookmarks and all that if you tell it to during the uninstallation, so you won't lose anything by doing so.

Note: Oh, you could also try disabling all your addons to see if that helps. What you find will greatly help with determining the problem.
freelop

Post by freelop »

I'm having a hard time visualising what is going on but I'd go with what the others say and disable your addons, also throw in a spyware scan and an anit-virus scan for good measure.
maket000
:)

Post by maket000 »

Honestly, if a virus made everything raocow my homepage I would let it be.

If worst comes to worst just save your bookmarks folder and re-install firefox
Happy Halloween!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Last edited by Dan 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

Don Zanevsky wrote:I think the solution is pretty clear, man; you need to connect the networking drivers directly to the security port where your antivirus is stored. MAKE SURE it doesn't get into the encrypted .zip archive holding the defense files and the computer's code, though!
I'm constantly running the latest version with the latest updates of ESET NOD32 version 4.

Once a week or so, I update and scan using the latest build of Malwarebytes.

I also regularly update SpybotSearch&Destroy- including using that 'Tea Timer' that jumps in and tells you about any changes, good,bad or indifferent- all before anything else has loaded.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to take certain screenshots with this pc- at the moment I use an Add-onn called 'Screengrab' which worrks perfectly untill you try and a shot of this kind. (An options window type of thing.)

Other Add-ons I'm using are:-

Tiny eye
SmoothWheel
StumbleUpon
ScreenGrab
ReloadEvery
NoScript
Microsoft.NET Framework assistant 1.2.1
Java Console 6.0.11
Java Console 6.0.13
Java Console 6.0.15
Java Console 6.0.7
Foxy Tunes
FireFTP
Exif Viewer
Download Helper
Download Statusbar
Chat Zilla
Adblock.

Wow... Didn't realise I used so many.

Strangely enough, I just tried to reset to Google, and it worked fine! So... All this has been for nothing.

Fantastic.
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

benzeenie wrote:
Don Zanevsky wrote:I think the solution is pretty clear, man; you need to connect the networking drivers directly to the security port where your antivirus is stored. MAKE SURE it doesn't get into the encrypted .zip archive holding the defense files and the computer's code, though!
I'm constantly running the latest version with the latest updates of ESET NOD32 version 4.

Once a week or so, I update and scan using the latest build of Malwarebytes.

I also regularly update SpybotSearch&Destroy- including using that 'Tea Timer' that jumps in and tells you about any changes, good,bad or indifferent- all before anything else has loaded.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to take certain screenshots with this pc- at the moment I use an Add-onn called 'Screengrab' which worrks perfectly untill you try and a shot of this kind. (An options window type of thing.)

Other Add-ons I'm using are:-

Tiny eye
SmoothWheel
StumbleUpon
ScreenGrab
ReloadEvery
NoScript
Microsoft.NET Framework assistant 1.2.1
Java Console 6.0.11
Java Console 6.0.13
Java Console 6.0.15
Java Console 6.0.7
Foxy Tunes
FireFTP
Exif Viewer
Download Helper
Download Statusbar
Chat Zilla
Adblock.

Wow... Didn't realise I used so many.

Strangely enough, I just tried to reset to Google, and it worked fine! So... All this has been for nothing.

Fantastic.
***EDIT***
As I can't stop fiddling with things, I went back to tools/options/homepage- tried to change to 'google.com.' and got this;-
"http://en-GB.start3.mozilla.com/firefox ... B:official"

then, I tried my usuall "http://www.google.com/ig" Pressed Enter and everything seems solved..?

This whole thing has been a completete waste of yours and my time... Sorry. Don't know whay else to say!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

At least it gave some people a good laugh, I guess. Uh, glad you fixed the problem.
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

Bean wrote:At least it gave some people a good laugh, I guess. Uh, glad you fixed the problem.
Not quite sure how though! I've just done a forced FireFox upgrade- maybe something to do with that?
freelop

Post by freelop »

Wait, does your prtsc button now work? Why use an addon for print screen?
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

freelop wrote:Wait, does your prtsc button now work? Why use an addon for print screen?
Sorry for the late reply, but no- my print screen/alt+print screen have never worked on this pc. It's the only one that that has happened with. Weird!
Dan

Post by Dan »

Last edited by Dan 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Don Zanevsky wrote:Your keyboard recognition algorithm may have been corrupted in manufacturing. I suggest you open a ticket on your manufacturer's support website and paste this thread as the description.
Including the avatars.

Oh, also does this mean benzeenie is back (quote on quote)? Cause that would be pretty rad.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I missed this little guy
dont wanna jihad no more
benzeenie
⊂二二二(*^ω^)二⊃

Post by benzeenie »

I'm back!
I forgot not only my pw, but my username too! (This might help some talkhousers build up a better picture of me?)

:D

(I had a great idea- I changed my Login to 'Login' and my Password to 'Password'

Pretty smart right?

---
Aposke wrote:Oh, also does this mean benzeenie is back ...? Cause that would be pretty rad.
That made me feel warm inside- there's something about you that just makes me want to trust in you (just in you) you. Something in the eyes maybe?
Last edited by benzeenie 13 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

benzeenie wrote:I'm back!
I forgot not only my pw, but my username too! (This might help some talkhousers build up a better picture of me?)
good one
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game