You can see the index of all public sites at https://index.talkhaus.com/, or you can PM me to get your own.
What is talkhaus pages?
- A place for us to create retro personal websites a la geocities (see mine, which I update regularly)
- A place to host project data and anything else you might link from the talkhaus, rather than use free file hosts that might go down
How do I get involved?
Just PM me or post here to get a site and then log in at https://sites.talkhaus.com/ and upload/edit your site contents. It's a bit basic right now but it's getting better every day. It's the perfect place for 90s/00s web nostalgia and I'm thrilled to see anything people put on there. I put some tips on my site that you can use when deciding how to make your site.
What do I get?
- Free hosting for personal or project sites
- Space to archive old talkhaus projects and related files to combat link rot
- Backed up with the talkhaus data automatically
- Web interface for uploading and editing files
- Just basic html for now (i.e. no php) unless you really need it for something
What are the limits?
- There's no hard limit, but let me know if you're going to use a lot of storage (in the 100s or 1000s of MBs)
- Service for talkhaus users' personal sites or talkhaus related project sites (if you want to use it for something else just ask though)
- Not many, really
(site index is available at https://index.talkhaus.com/)
If anyone wants to get involved just PM me or post here to get your own site, and look at index if you need some inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this!