(shouting)

Mosts 2021 Userbars Discussion Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: wherefore art thou Mosts 2021

Post by Rixithechao »

Bean wrote: 2 years ago I would definitely rather see board members get awards than random joke things again. But yeah, I'm kind of planning on creating the board next week as opposed to last year where I wanted practically nothing to do with it until you all twisted my arm.

Remember that I have no artistic talent whatsoever so banners are an impossibility from me.
That’s just for preparation, right? We’re not going to start the actual event next week, are we?

I imagine y’all probably don’t want to keep the event running too long for the sake of minimizing the amount of tallying work, but if you’re going to start before Christmas then at the very least allow for thread creation through the end of the year and offer a week or two into January for voting so that those of us occupied with the advent event — whether it’s the SMBX side of things, the external and ambush gifts, or even just folks who only have enough time in their schedules to keep up with the event — have enough time to participate.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I could start it on the 26th or conveniently, the 27th, and run it for a week or two. If that sounds better than the usual 10th-24th starting dates we've usually done, then that's fine by me, too. Gives me a chance to finish up some loose ends over here first.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

If there are threads about characters or content from LPs then please cite the source - there was a bunch of researching and asking around for characters I wasn't familiar with for the Mosts last year.
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I've thought about what to vote for best LP and I'm torn between

Evil Zone, Yoku's Island Express, 06, Dream Course and Bangai-O

I honestly don't see myself winning any awards other than most obnoxious or most vulgar (No Cussing Club in youtube comments don't hate me). Does Discordhaus/Spotzone/Codehaus/ASMTcord chatter count for mosts? I'm honestly a bit unsure, haha! On SMWC the Discord was centralized and most of the main discussion happened there, with the site becoming more of a repository for hack uploads, inane threads, and the occasional contest and event in modern years.

Talkhaus has really been mum these days too, LP threads are getting less posts, the shoutbox is mostly vacant... Discord just does that to a forum and it's a bit sad.
ano0maly wrote: 2 years ago If there are threads about characters or content from LPs then please cite the source - there was a bunch of researching and asking around for characters I wasn't familiar with for the Mosts last year.
I will do so gladly.
Rixithechao wrote: 2 years ago That’s just for preparation, right? We’re not going to start the actual event next week, are we?
do it for the meme /joke
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
PSI Ninja
https://psininja.talkhaus.com/

Post by PSI Ninja »

Replying to various things because I was busy yesterday:
ano0maly wrote: 2 years ago I can probably make another spreadsheet for organizing votes and maybe help out tallying them. Don't expect me to do the whole thing though.
Just set up the template, and I will happily do most of the leg work.
Rixithechao wrote: 2 years ago This time we should probably push for some distinction between character and member categories from the outset, because people voting the former group in categories meant for the latter was a recurring problem last year.

Like, maybe a rule or guideline in the vein of “If it’s not already clear from the title whether a category applies to members of the community or fictional characters, please specify in the title to avoid confusion. e.g. Most Likely to Eat a Ham Sandwich (Member), Most Likely to Eat a Ham Sandwich (Character). If you want to create the same category for both groups, please make them two separate threads.”
I mentioned something like this in Discordhaus, where I suggested people be more specific in the OP of a category if they don't want it to be hijacked because of loopholes. Though I suppose finding these loopholes was just part of the fun. I'll work on some updated rules this week.
Bean wrote: 2 years ago I could start it on the 26th or conveniently, the 27th, and run it for a week or two. If that sounds better than the usual 10th-24th starting dates we've usually done, then that's fine by me, too. Gives me a chance to finish up some loose ends over here first.
How about this: start the Mosts on Monday, December 27th, and run it for two weeks (up to Monday, January 10th). Allow category creation for the first week, and continue to allow voting for the final week. I think making the Mosts last three weeks would be dragging things out a bit. A nice countdown timer at the top of the page à la SMWC contests might be good for raising awareness and to constantly remind people when milestones will end. What do you all think?
ano0maly wrote: 2 years ago If there are threads about characters or content from LPs then please cite the source - there was a bunch of researching and asking around for characters I wasn't familiar with for the Mosts last year.
Will add to the rules. If someone forgets to cite, I or someone else will ask for clarification in the thread itself.
KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago Talkhaus has really been mum these days too, LP threads are getting less posts, the shoutbox is mostly vacant... Discord just does that to a forum and it's a bit sad.
That, and raocow's fanbase doesn't really seem to be growing any more? I know raocow has said many times that he cares more about quality of his fans versus quantity. But a forum relies on new active members to account for those who lose interest in the fandom, move onto Discord exclusively, etc. While he does link to the Talkhaus in the video descriptions all the time, it has pretty much become boilerplate.

Now, I don't dare suggest he make any changes to his approach, because it's what works for him, and it makes he and the bulk of his fans happy. I just felt like sharing some of my feelings on this, because I agreed with what you said. Anyway, I'm just glad that the Talkhaus still remains an option for people who aren't spontaneous enough to engage in live conversation, or are just too shy to chat in general (e.g., me).
EllenHouraisan
Cat llama enthusiast
First name: Iris
Pronouns: she/her

Post by EllenHouraisan »

I will be honest, I prefer the talkhaus like this. I don't like having to try and talk over a lot of other people to make myself heard. It's why I quit back when I made my first account. Feels way better now, and there are way less shitposters too, which I appreciate 1000%.
:trans_pride: :bi_pride:
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

EllenHouraisan wrote: 2 years ago Feels way better now, and there are way less shitposters too, which I appreciate 1000%.
when i first joined there were so many edgelords jfc... i feel this but i miss the forum being a bit active too.
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Less is sometimes more. I used to avoid posting outside my own few topics because of the more contentious nature of the forum. Now it feels mostly like a chill board with about 25-50 regulars, same as the one Discord.

Anyway, unless something happens to change things, I'll have The Mosts section up and running around the 27th.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Bean wrote: 2 years ago Less is sometimes more. I used to avoid posting outside my own few topics because of the more contentious nature of the forum. Now it feels mostly like a chill board with about 25-50 regulars, same as the one Discord.
i kinda feel bad when i overpower the discussion on discordhaus and talkhaus, tho. it's why sometimes i go a few hours without replying to anything

the other day though, i was just too tired to boot up my pc
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: Mosts 2021 Userbars Discussion Thread

Post by ano0maly »

Mosts 2021 Userbars
Best raocow Video 2021 - wild speculations about Ghost Trick (between episodes 21 and 22)
Wow how did this happen :partygator:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ano0maly wrote: 1 year agoWow how did this happen :partygator:
Three people voted for it compared to two for a Shadow video and one for the Oscar one-shot... for some reason.

And to be fair, it's raocow doing a story analysis video which is a rare occurrence.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Look at the numbers
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Don't worry about it. :mgmnds:

Edit: Fixed it myself real quick. My MS Paint skills remain unmatched... or something.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i feel bad i had to remove my "most overrated game 2021" mario userbar with the mspaint julius lifebar copy (it said mario instead of julius) but it's ok because sabu got recognition and azct got blasted.
Image Image
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

non-MS Paint fix

Let me know if y'all see any other typos!
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Didn't say it, but I quietly edited in Rixi's last banner there to the userbar thread just a few minutes after it was posted here yesterday.