(shouting)

Channel Update (For Those Who Care!)

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Channel Update (For Those Who Care!)

Post by GenesisJames »

Hey friends, it's been a while since I posted on here. I wanted to give a little update on my GenesisJames channel for those who follow me.

To start, I'm going to start being more active in the coming months. I've been busy at work and trying to find a new job unfortunately, but I've been thinking about what I would be doing with the channel because Let's Plays are something that I just don't have the time for (or any sort of continuing series like that). This leads me to my biggest announcement: my channel is no longer going to be gaming focused. Any options that I could think of would require too much time that I don't have, whether it's game reviews, industry commentary, etc. Instead, I decided to turn my channel into something else that I'm passionate about, which is music. From the time that I return to the channel, it will now be dedicated to music reviews and commentary. This will give me much more time to actually dedicate to the channel, since there's no need for continuous releases with that sort of thing.

I know I don't have too many followers, but I know I have some on here, and I just wanted to let you guys know. I totally understand if that's not your thing, since it's very different than what I used to upload. I have been thinking about creating a gaming channel as a little side thing to upload to if I have free time, but no promises. Hopefully you guys will stick around if it interests you, and maybe attract some new people that like music-focused content. I also unlisted my Let's Plays, but you can still watch them from the links on my threads here:

Sonic The Hedgehog - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16514
Kirby: Nightmare In Dreamland - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16648
Wario Land 4 - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16838
Spyro The Dragon - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16905
Aero The Acrobat - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16992
Bleed - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17217
Rayman (alongside QubicTom!) - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17387
The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17436
My Old SMW Hacks - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17699

Anyway, thanks for reading, and thanks to those who watched my videos. It meant a lot to see such positive feedback, no matter how small. Hopefully you guys enjoy the new upcoming stuff whenever it happens!

GenesisJames
Bean
Yep.

Re: Channel Update (For Those Who Care!)

Post by Bean »

If you are going to do a channel focus shift, then make it whatever you want it to be! That might sound vague, but you know what you want to do more than anyone else. Just upload what you want. I've stepped away from making vids this past year to try and do voice work, and I haven't regretted it all that much. When or even if I come back, I'll be doing what I want to do on there just like I was before leaving.
GenesisJames

Post by GenesisJames »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago If you are going to do a channel focus shift, then make it whatever you want it to be! That might sound vague, but you know what you want to do more than anyone else. Just upload what you want. I've stepped away from making vids this past year to try and do voice work, and I haven't regretted it all that much. When or even if I come back, I'll be doing what I want to do on there just like I was before leaving.
Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence! I think I'm gonna enjoy this a lot; music's a big part of my life and I'm really excited to share my thoughts on it with anyone willing to listen. :D
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Good luck! I look forward to seeing how this goes
GenesisJames

Post by GenesisJames »

RedMageSusie wrote: 5 years ago Good luck! I look forward to seeing how this goes
Thanks so much; hopefully you'll like the stuff when it comes out!