(shouting)

Mosts 2017 Talk

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
ano0maly
Discord User

Mosts 2017 Talk

Post by ano0maly »

>>I read in shoutbox that YelseyKing is now a mod
>>Shoutbox told me to go read the twitter thread for context
>>Saw a couple people there expressing interest in Mosts

This is as good time as any to discuss setting up Mosts for this year and decide who and how.

If you're interested in running it or assisting with it you can state it here.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mosts 2017 Talk

Post by Rixithechao »

I've got the resources I made for the 2016 userbars along with a potential 2017 design I made earlier this year somewhere on my desktop. I'll share the latter in this thread once I've dug it up. Otherwise, though, I've mainly got my hands full with my GUrP gift and a bunch of other stuff.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, I'm not an artist, so that userbar stuff is out the window for me. Still, I can definitely tally votes if you need someone to do that. I mean, it should be a smaller set of categories this year, and the rules should mostly be the same anyway.

-Make categories related to the talkhaus for 2017
-Explain the category adequately so people aren't confused about what the topic is. Like whether to vote for an attribute or for a user that has the attribute.
-Don't make meta categories about the Mosts itself.
-"Worst _" threads are allowed so long as they remain light-hearted and do not incite drama.

That last one is big. We already know what the worst moment is and who was behind that. Let's skip talking about him altogether, thanks.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

-Make categories related to the talkhaus for 2017
-Explain the category adequately so people aren't confused about what the topic is. Like whether to vote for an attribute or for a user that has the attribute.
-Don't make meta categories about the Mosts itself.
-"Worst _" threads are allowed so long as they remain light-hearted and do not incite drama.
Nice copypasta

Something I would suggest is unless we're using an automated system to count votes, we shouldn't require the votes to be stated separately at the top of the post. I tried this way last year, but saw a lot of posts didn't follow this, and sometimes it's not clear whether the first line is actually a vote. Just using boldface for votes may be better.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years agoNice copypasta

Something I would suggest is unless we're using an automated system to count votes, we shouldn't require the votes to be stated separately at the top of the post. I tried this way last year, but saw a lot of posts didn't follow this, and sometimes it's not clear whether the first line is actually a vote. Just using boldface for votes may be better.
Hey, when your rules work, they work. Why change it? Ha-ha.

Agreed on the boldface. It's all I really need.