(shouting)

worldhaus

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Re: worldhaus

Post by rena »

Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years ago Well, I made this a while back, and I think it's pretty good

Also, I'd totally be down for a sprite dimension
awesome o/

i haven't had time to work on this much cuz im pretty ill but if anyone wants to hack away at the source code I could make it public
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Also, I'm having an issue where worldhaus doesn't appear on the home page, like on the board index where it usually is. (And I do know that there's a seperate website I can go on). I don't know how I'd fix this, and I've tried pressing "toggle announcement", but nothing happened
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Slimeman01 wrote: 6 years ago Also, I'm having an issue where worldhaus doesn't appear on the home page, like on the board index where it usually is. (And I do know that there's a seperate website I can go on). I don't know how I'd fix this, and I've tried pressing "toggle announcement", but nothing happened
Not sure exactly what would cause this but if you check the OP try that link for the full screen version
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

it happens if you close it out, it overrides the toggle announcement thing unfortunately

i reset it globally and people can just close it again if they want to
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

This week on: Somebody Stop Me!

Suggestion: Have there be a cut/copy/paste option where you can do that, but only stuff from your own chunks
Attachments
help.png
help.png (21.77 KiB) Viewed 7598 times
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

"502 Bad Gateway"
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

Mikkofier wrote: 6 years ago "502 Bad Gateway"
o

it's on now but i dont think anyones logged in in a while

<3
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Just thought to check it out.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

And it’s gone.
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

alleightbits wrote: 5 years ago And it’s gone.
fixed (the one in the header doesn't work in the latest chrome for me so you might have to go directly to the link and log in)
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

This seems to be somewhat of an abandoned project, but...
Where did you get the sprites used in this game? They look very RPG Maker-y.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

Smibbix wrote: 5 years ago This seems to be somewhat of an abandoned project, but...
it's actually the rpg maker vx resource pack iirc
Smibbix
ah yes i see

Post by Smibbix »

rena wrote: 5 years ago
Smibbix wrote: 5 years ago This seems to be somewhat of an abandoned project, but...
Really!? I like those character sprites way more than the weird fat ones that are in MV... Also there are overworld sprites for more than two enemies.
Best Quotes:
raocow wrote: 13 years ago One day I'll master time travel so I can kill myself before I do the cat planet video, time paradox be damned.
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

Smibbix wrote: 5 years ago
rena wrote: 5 years ago
Really!? I like those character sprites way more than the weird fat ones that are in MV... Also there are overworld sprites for more than two enemies.
mv looks pretty goofy
Omega Metroid
Antimatter made of matter. Do not question this, as therein lies the path to madness.
Pronouns: ghaH

Post by Omega Metroid »

Not sure if anyone is actively maintaining this anymore, but if someone is, the worldhaus doesn't seem to be updating positional coordinates properly.

Note the highlighted line in the console (and chunk coordinates specified therein, and repeated in the chat box), and the result of the /pos command entered after sending the message shown floating above my catgirl's head. It also won't allow any chunks to be locked or unlocked, believing them to be FrozenQuills' locked chunk at (0,0); the lock icon itself shows the chunk's status and owner correctly, so there seems to be some sort of disconnect between which chunk my cursor & avatar are in and which chunk the game thinks my character is in.

Digging deeper, it would appear that the system's internals might have my position stored properly(?), as far as I can tell, assuming that

Crafty("Character").pos()

is my current position. If that's so, then it might not be updating the information on the server? I really can't tell.

[As a note, after lurking for a bit, I decided to go check out the worldhaus and see if it was still up & running; when I did, I noticed this same behaviour, but with my position somewhere in chunk (-19,11); the game thought I was there, and wouldn't update positions. I used /escape to go take a look at the central hub, and it now thinks I'm at (0,0) and refuses to update my position; as such, while I can move around the map (and place tiles in unlocked chunks or my chunks, as normal), /pos only reports my position as (0,0), and relogging always moves me back to (0,0).]

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but collisions seem to be disabled?

(Browser is Firefox 75, 64-bit version.)
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

Omega Metroid wrote: 3 years ago Not sure if anyone is actively maintaining this anymore, but if someone is, the worldhaus doesn't seem to be updating positional coordinates properly.

Note the highlighted line in the console (and chunk coordinates specified therein, and repeated in the chat box), and the result of the /pos command entered after sending the message shown floating above my catgirl's head. It also won't allow any chunks to be locked or unlocked, believing them to be FrozenQuills' locked chunk at (0,0); the lock icon itself shows the chunk's status and owner correctly, so there seems to be some sort of disconnect between which chunk my cursor & avatar are in and which chunk the game thinks my character is in.

Digging deeper, it would appear that the system's internals might have my position stored properly(?), as far as I can tell, assuming that

Crafty("Character").pos()

is my current position. If that's so, then it might not be updating the information on the server? I really can't tell.

[As a note, after lurking for a bit, I decided to go check out the worldhaus and see if it was still up & running; when I did, I noticed this same behaviour, but with my position somewhere in chunk (-19,11); the game thought I was there, and wouldn't update positions. I used /escape to go take a look at the central hub, and it now thinks I'm at (0,0) and refuses to update my position; as such, while I can move around the map (and place tiles in unlocked chunks or my chunks, as normal), /pos only reports my position as (0,0), and relogging always moves me back to (0,0).]

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but collisions seem to be disabled?

(Browser is Firefox 75, 64-bit version.)
hmm afraid it's not really maintained anymore. to be honest i'm surprised my weekend project from 2 years ago is still up and running almost properly nyoro~n I restarted the server in case it's something weird and temporary

the collision layer indeed seems to not work (although most of the world doesn't have collision anyway because I switched to that collision layer feature pretty late). i wonder if something changed in browsers to cause it, because the code hasn't changed afaik.

if i get a chance I might see if I can find out why but I've been pretty busy lately

btw here is the code if anyone is interested https://github.com/catchouli/worldhaus but I think it might require a bit of messing to get working correctly (it requires rethinkdb and probably the auth code won't work outside of the lan)
Omega Metroid
Antimatter made of matter. Do not question this, as therein lies the path to madness.
Pronouns: ghaH

Post by Omega Metroid »

Still seems to exhibit the same behaviour, unfortunately. Could be a change in the browsers' JS implementations or internals, or possibly in one of the libraries you used? I think the last browser I was here on before this one was either Chrome or the last long-term pre-Quantum FF (so, probably FireFox 52 or 56, IIRC?); I can try it in Chrome next time I use it, but I don't have a legacy FF install I could use for troubleshooting at the moment. -.-

The only error message showing in the console is as follows:

Code: Select all

The resource from “https://worldhaus.talkhaus.com/scripts/debug.js” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).
The browser subsequently seems to be unable to find the "debug.js" script, presumably due to blocking it here. This could be part of the issue, if the script contained critical code?

Definitely interesting to have the code available, though, thanks for the link. ^_^
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

Omega Metroid wrote: 3 years ago Still seems to exhibit the same behaviour, unfortunately. Could be a change in the browsers' JS implementations or internals, or possibly in one of the libraries you used? I think the last browser I was here on before this one was either Chrome or the last long-term pre-Quantum FF (so, probably FireFox 52 or 56, IIRC?); I can try it in Chrome next time I use it, but I don't have a legacy FF install I could use for troubleshooting at the moment. -.-

The only error message showing in the console is as follows:

Code: Select all

The resource from “https://worldhaus.talkhaus.com/scripts/debug.js” was blocked due to MIME type (“text/html”) mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).
The browser subsequently seems to be unable to find the "debug.js" script, presumably due to blocking it here. This could be part of the issue, if the script contained critical code?

Definitely interesting to have the code available, though, thanks for the link. ^_^
fixed it thanks, we were using an updated cdn version of a library that was too new >.> that must have been broken for a while
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

I also enabled the admin command /setspeed <speed> for normal players so you can run around and look at stuff easier (e.g. /setspeed 500)
TiKi

Post by TiKi »

where do the tiles come from?
rena
type 2 invested entity

Post by rena »

TiKi wrote: 2 years ago where do the tiles come from?
one of the rpg makers I think