(shouting)

All Pro-Wrestling thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Re: All Pro-Wrestling thread

Post by Truhan »

Oh, and Dave Meltzer went on a "Fuck you, JBL" monologue on today's episode of Observer Radio. He says he feels bad that he didn't break the story sooner.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Yeah that's the thing. JBL is a heel commentator, but the bullying in question most likely was not the stuff that was on the air. He's harassed many people before and Mauro was just another of his victims. Now we don't know exactly how far this went, but like... with his track record I don't think I could ever be on JBL's side. He's an ass and has always been an ass.

Not only that but he's a bad heel commentator. Like a really bad one is the thing. I don't think he's ever actually enhanced a match with anything he's said before. He doesn't really try and make the heel seem logical as much as scream that he doesn't like the faces. He'll constantly contradict himself for whatever suits his heel persona at the time, and it makes anything he brings to the table feel extremely hollow and meaningless.

Compare that to Corey Graves who, at least in most cases, especially outside of Raw where it's clear he's a lot more scripted to be a typical heel, who has excitement to his voice and will get excited for the faces from time to time. His character clearly likes certain things in people and will put them over for those things, but will just give the heels a positive edge, without completely burying the faces.

JLB's loud and obnoxious and a legit horrible person. For me this isn't so much me hating him because he's a heel. He has go away heat from me. If they replaced him I wouldn't shed a single tear. Dude's no good.
Lets Play Youtube: [Link right here yo]
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Well, Mauro went on a tweet storm, and what do you know. A shitload of people tweeted him their love.

Send him the love.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

Roman haters, you just got what you wanted to see. Braun absolutely OBLITERATED Roman. The crowd was actually chanting "You deserve it" while Braun was pounding Roman to the ground. Easily one of the best backstage jumps I've ever seen.
stuff goes here
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

That was certainly some crazy shit alright. GOD I love braun strowman.
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

BRAAAAAAAAAAAUN. It just kept escalating, and escalating, and escalating... and escalating. It was glorious.

During the match between Finn Balor and Jinder Mahal, seems like Jinder accidentally hit Finn really hard with an elbow. Looking at a gif it looked like Finn got legit got knocked loopy at that. Real bad timing if it's serious, since the guy just got out of injury.

Random Drifter sighting during the tag match.

Also, with regards to JBL... one time I really liked the clothesline from hell due to how it looked visually (though I do cringe since it's a pretty stiff shot). There was also a time when he was decent when he was starting out as an announcer.

...that said. As an on-air personality, he's now annoying to listen to. As a person, he's a pretty horrid human being for his bullying. Lots of people want him out, and rightfully so. Could be another Bill DeMott situation where the WWE gets their hands forced to actually do something about JBL.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

aka Cthulhu wrote: 7 years agoAlso, with regards to JBL... one time I really liked the clothesline from hell due to how it looked visually (though I do cringe since it's a pretty stiff shot). There was also a time when he was decent when he was starting out as an announcer.

...that said. As an on-air personality, he's now annoying to listen to. As a person, he's a pretty horrid human being for his bullying. Lots of people want him out, and rightfully so. Could be another Bill DeMott situation where the WWE gets their hands forced to actually do something about JBL.
I have to doubt anything will be done about it. There's a reason JBL has never been punished for this shit and still has a job for life. Vince loves that shit because he's also a pretty bad human being. If it wasn't tolerated, JBL wouldn't get away with it. It's that simple.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

I'm sure that victims of JBL's bullying complained to Vince, and he told them to suck it up. Vince condones lockerroom hazing because it weeds out the "weak". It's messed up, but that's just how Vince is. I'm just surprised that nobody stood up to JBL except for Steve Blackman, who knocked him out in one kick, and of all people, Joey Styles.
stuff goes here
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Most people these days probably CAN'T do anything against him in fear of termination. The problem is that WWE, being so high in the public, has a reputation, and the chances are, if you're not high on the ladder, and you mess up, or so something that would be seen as no good public behavior, then it would look bad on them. I guess the main difference is getting stuff that was never meant to be public leaked, vs getting into an actual fight with a coworker, especially one that's so high up in the company like JBL probably is, won't bode well for a Sami Zayn for example, and most of the old guard, who are probably in the same position as JBL, are either blind to it or down for it, and won't jump in for the younger folks because they have to learn how it is.

I think a lot of people understand now that what's going on is shitty, and that's why everyone decided to speak up at once when Mauro quit, but it's unclear how much good that will do. Unless even more of a stink is made, it'll probably stay the same it's ever been.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

JBL (gutless coward that he is) has mass blocked everyone that follows Mauro on Twitter or tweeted him well wishes during the tweetstorm.

Edit: Apparently, before Smackdown started, when JBL came out he was booed. This was followed by chants of "fire Bradshaw" and "we want Mauro". We'll just have to wait and see if people actually bother to keep this up for more than a week.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Here's hoping that it does have an effect. High chance that it won't, but might as well hope for the best.

In other downer news, Katsuyori Shibata of New Japan collapsed backstage a couple of days ago. Recent updates say that his condition may be career ending. Some say it's a work, but hard to say if that's the case.

Seriously, stop with the unsafe headbutts already.

And Finn did get a concussion last night.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Also, one rather unfortunate and probably unintentional goof with the titantron and Charlotte's debut on Smackdown.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

Hahahaha, so evidently some woman made a petition following the attack on Reigns to get Braun fired. She claims to have been a fan of the WWE for many years, but come on, use some common sense. Why in the absolute hell would Braun even be employed with the WWE if that segment was real? If it was real, he'd be in jail. Kinda stupid that she is seriously oblivious that it's scripted, and she's trying to get him fired over it.

Regardless, Braun fired back on Twitter for some more heel heat so obviously he's not going anywhere.
stuff goes here
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Cross-over with the youtube thread. Google has decided ALL professional wrestling (so, this does include WWE, TNA, ROH, and all indies) is advertiser unfriendly and has demonetized all wresting content. I'm guessing UFC is still fine though, because those people are beating the shit out of each other for real.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/4 ... wwe-indies
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Another week of Braun being BRAAAAAAAUNNNN.

Also, somehow, Jinder Mahal is #1 contender for the Smackdown world title. ...what. Like, sure, it's an unexpected choice, that's... odd.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

WWE and Mauro settled. Meltzer says everything will come out eventually.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Pffft.

Apparently, one of WWE's PPV is gonna be called Great Balls of Fire. Like, seriously. Great Balls. Of Fire.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

aka Cthulhu wrote: 7 years ago Pffft.

Apparently, one of WWE's PPV is gonna be called Great Balls of Fire. Like, seriously. Great Balls. Of Fire.
Just imagine all the kornheisers that'll say "Great Balls", that's what I've been doing.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

Daily reminder that I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU

god i love braun
stuff goes here
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Finally, Brian Zane has reviewed my japanese animes.

aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

According to recent news, Braun's injury could put him on the shelf for six months.

Say it with me now; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...*coughs*...OOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

waifuing intensifies

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/io-sh ... wwe-235591

I wonder if Kairi joining will be a new Triple TailS, since Mio is retired and all. Or maybe Mio will come to WWE too and the lesbian angle will be the inevitable.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

aka Cthulhu wrote: 6 years ago According to recent news, Braun's injury could put him on the shelf for six months.

Say it with me now; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...*coughs*...OOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Meltzer is reporting that it's a work so when he returns at a PPV (probably the Summerfest) people will be so shocked, just like Stellah.

Last edited by Truhan 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA

DON'T HINDER THE JINDER
stuff goes here
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Oh boy. What Culture ran a free show on youtube livestream to promote awareness about the fact that youtube is adblocking wrestling content. Youtube responded by removing their ability to livestream. Brian Zane has moved to Patreon, but that seemed inevitable regardless.