(shouting)

All Pro-Wrestling thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Re: All Pro-Wrestling thread

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Oh, snap! The hearings, they be a-happening!

I'm looking at several posts with lots of lots of text, and it ain't painting a pretty picture for Dixie Carter. Here's a gem from one of the articles:

Corgan alleged in his declaration that the company has prevented him from doing his duties as President, learned that the company has failed to pay its taxes based on an article in the Tennessean newspaper and that a lien has been filed against the company, and that a number of lawsuits had been filed against the company by Audience of One Productions, American Express, and by Bankdirect Capital Finance, LLC.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Apparently, a ruling will be made on Monday. TNA's defense is that they made an illegal agreement and that Tennessee law wouldn't allow Dixie to transfer ownership. This begs the question of why she would agree to do so if it was illegal. Maybe she couldn't afford a lawyer to oversee the contract, but apparently could when a lawsuit came up.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Ya. It's either incompetence, or they tried to pull a fast one on Corgan. Either way, it's not looking good for them.

In other news, possible new signings in WWE/NXT in 2017: Io Shirai, and Kairi Hojo. The two were offered, Shirai seems like she's going, while Hojo hasn't given an answer yet.

Would be nice if she did. She's got a pretty dang nice elbow drop,
https://gfycat.com/GranularAccurateBuckeyebutterfly
https://gfycat.com/SophisticatedChubbyGoat
The way her legs go up when she leaps make the drop look a lot more cool.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

I've been saying for years Kairi has the best elbow drop since Macho Man. Io doesn't surprise me, considering her style is very flashy (and sometimes very botchy) and she trained with Asuka and they teamed up as Triple TailS (with Io's retired sister as the third). Maybe Asuka talked someone into allowing her to do a Triple TailS in NXT?
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Perhaps, but I get the feeling that Asuka is main-roster bound soonish. She'll be there too long if she sticks on being NXT on 2017. Well, maybe not soon-ish. Definitely feels like at the longest she'll show up on the main roster as a post-Wrestlemania debut.

On the other hand, my guesses are usually off, so who knows?

In any case, according to the report, Shirai seems like she's definitely leaving, while Stardom officials are trying to keep Hojo around, who's unsure what to do.

Ah, basically, here's the report itself:
"Both Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo have gotten offers to start in WWE in 2017 in the last week or two. Both told Stardom management about it this week. Shirai said she was going, and said that she was called by Shoichi Funaki. Hojo was contacted by Shinsuke Nakamura and Simon Inoki. Hojo at first didn’t make a final decision and there is some question if she can pass the physical because she’s had two major concussions in the last two years. In July, when WWE ran at Sumo Hall, Hojo was introduced to Nakamura through Simon Inoki, who knew her because they had worked together when Hojo did an IGF tour. Nakamura pushed to Hojo that she’d do great in WWE. Hojo most recently told the Stardom office that she’s interested in going to WWE. Stardom officials believe Shirai is gone for sure, but they are working to keep Hojo and Hojo then said she’s not sure what she’s going to do."
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

I've always been under the impression Asuka was brought in solely for NXT to train some of the girls up to go to the main roster (namely Dana Brooke and Nia Jax). Of course, it turned out she's probably one of the top 5 workers in the company right now (man or woman, though obviously AJ Styles and Seth Rollins are the top two), so they may have changed their minds.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Truhan wrote:I've always been under the impression Asuka was brought in solely for NXT to train some of the girls up to go to the main roster (namely Dana Brooke and Nia Jax). Of course, it turned out she's probably one of the top 5 workers in the company right now (man or woman, though obviously AJ Styles and Seth Rollins are the top two), so they may have changed their minds.
It felt that way at first for a number of signings to me, but considering that NXT is pretty popular, it now seems likely that things have changed somewhat and those signings may have a chance to show their stuff on the main roster.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Also, as silly as it sounds, one other reason I want to see some main roster debuts would be their entrances. Like, their entrances on the big PPVs and all that. Would be a pretty cool sight, I reckon.

Also also, this is rather off topic, but I kinda like the mish-mash of things that compose Asuka's in-ring gear, but the outer thong thing just looks kinda silly.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Oh man, some possibly bad news from Corgan.

"Both property and title pledge agreements are covered under the Tennessee Title Pledge Act. Tennessee law forbids anyone from engaging in the business of title pledging without first obtaining the requisite business licenses with the State. Additionally, pledge agreements made by an entity without having such a license is void and unenforceable, and “the person making the loan forfeits the right to collect any moneys in connection with the title pledge agreement or property pledge agreement.” (Tenn. Code Ann. 45-15-105).

I pulled the Tennessee List of Approyed Pledge Lenders and Corgan's name is not on there. The only way Corgan could win on this argument is if he could show that Carter fraudulently induced him to sign the contract, but he (or his attorney) had a duty to know they couldn't act as pledge lenders. TNA could also countersue Corgan for making a pledge loan and, if they win, he could be out every bit of the money he loaned them. Since Corgan said he loaned the money but only under those circumstances (stakes in company, position of President, etc.), he's screwed.

He really has no excuse for not knowing you can't loan with a pledge agreement without a license."

So it could very much be possible that Dixie Carter may dodge a bullet due to a technicality.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

As if they wouldn't be put down when the company needs money yet again. They're on borrowed time right now.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

So, Three Hell in a Cell matches on the WWE PPV this Sunday.

-Roman Reigns vs. Rusev
-Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
-Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte

Which one will be the final match? Hasn't been announced yet. People are talking that Sasha and Charlotte will be the one since it is the first women's Hell in a Cell match on the WWE. Owens vs Rollins is possible since the top championship of RAW is on the line, but it doesn't feel likely for some reason to me. If it's somehow Reigns vs. Rusev, I have a feeling that the live crowd and more likely the internet crowd will be... rather unhappy.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Bean wrote:As if they wouldn't be put down when the company needs money yet again. They're on borrowed time right now.
True, it's an uphill battle regardless on who gets the upper hand. If Corgan wins the case, TNA still has a lot of debt to pay off and a lot of effort is gonna be needed to get TNA get taken seriously again. If Dixie wins the case, same thing, more or less.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

aka Cthulhu wrote:
Bean wrote:As if they wouldn't be put down when the company needs money yet again. They're on borrowed time right now.
True, it's an uphill battle regardless on who gets the upper hand. If Corgan wins the case, TNA still has a lot of debt to pay off and a lot of effort is gonna be needed to get TNA get taken seriously again. If Dixie wins the case, same thing, more or less.
The problem is, if Dixie wins, we've already seen exactly how she'd manage the company. We've seen it for years, as she made such brilliant moves as:

Hiring Vince Russo
Hiring Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair at inflated prices
Hiring Brooke Hogan to not wrestle
Hiring Vince Russo despite the fact that their TV partner absolutely under no circumstances wanted him involved with the product
Playing the shell game with peoples' paychecks (spoilers to any TNA worker that reads this: the paycheck isn't under ANY shell, you're better off in PWG)

And so much more. I have heard that because of the case, the Anthem money never actually came in and that the CEO of Aroluxe has currently taken over TNA (so, yes, all those people that were unpaid and told to expect payment on the 15th with the Anthem money not only didn't get paid, but were told they now won't get paid until this lawsuit is over). Dixie may actually be out for good already, but Anthem could always put her back in charge (why they would ever do this, I have no idea). Corgan also apparently has NO long-term plan to turn around the company, which is pretty questionable in its own right considering how many toxic debts TNA has right now and their horrible TV deal.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

And there's a whole lot of other bone-headed moves TNA has done under Dixie Carter's leadership. So yeah, Dixie Carter would be a far worse choice for the future of TNA, if TNA does have a future... since the outcome looks rather bleak will all the debts going on.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

And the news is out!

EXCLUSIVE TNA VS. CORGAN RULING UPDATE
by Mike Johnson @ 3:20 PM on 10/31/2016

PWInsider.com has confirmed that in a ruling today, the Nashville Chancery Court has denied Billy Corgan's request for a temporary injunction against Dixie Carter, Serg Salinas, Dean Broadhead, Impact Ventures LLC.

The court has also dissolved Corgan's temporary restraining order against the company.

PWInsider.com is waiting on further details, but what this means is that Corgan will not gain control of TNA and that the current management can move forward with whatever choices and business they desire without having to get his approval.

This does not mean the end of Corgan's lawsuit against the company and TNA will still have to repay Corgan's loan of $1.8 million, unless Corgan opts to convert that debt into a 36% ownership stake in the company.

Dixie managed to dodge a bullet, though there's still all that debt and lawsuit stuff.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

https://twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/ ... 7852465152

Wow. Just. Wow. TNA's non-domestic TV deals are the only things bringing in ANY money right now. If they lose their deal in India too (which is possible, that deal requires them to do regular tours in India, which they haven't done this year), they might be done no matter what.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Seems unlikely that they'd somehow survive one more year. Heck, a year seems a bit generous even.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

As a side note, wrestling podcasts are the best.

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Free Observer Radio today. I highly recommend it. They start out by comparing the election to pro wrestling, which is about the only way to make sense of this election.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

That crazy voice dude
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar match was too short to call it a "Mega Match". Kinda disappointing that it didn't last as long as other Brock's matches, but good thing they let Goldberg win this one.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

After all the shittalking about dirtsheets and Dave Meltzer specifically, Billy Corgan did an interview with him. And it's up for free. Linky.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Don't do it, Ryback! Oh! Feed me more.

So apparently RAW is really bad, and SmackDown is really good right now? I'm tempted to watch on Tuesdays again, but I don't know. Every time that company gets momentum, they usually screw it up.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Bean wrote:Don't do it, Ryback! Oh! Feed me more.

So apparently RAW is really bad, and SmackDown is really good right now? I'm tempted to watch on Tuesdays again, but I don't know. Every time that company gets momentum, they usually screw it up.
Gotta say that so far it seems consistent. I watch Smackdown on and off, and some clips of RAW, and I gotta say that things are much better on Tuesdays.

Like, in the wrestling board I'm in, there's a weekly thread for both. Glancing at the comments, the usual is RAW is filled with quite a bit of grumbling... or quite a lot of grumbling, while Smackdown is a lot better received.

Also, RAW's three hours while Smackdown is 2. General opinion is that Smackdown covers a lot more ground with its two hours while RAW just feels bloated. And really, 3 hours is just too much to sit through.