(shouting)

All Pro-Wrestling thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Re: All Pro-Wrestling thread

Post by Gardenolva »

I haven't been updated in WWE ever since no more WWE here in my TV. So, what did I miss?

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

En Gardevoir wrote: 6 years ago I haven't been updated in WWE ever since no more WWE here in my TV. So, what did I miss?
WWE has managed to fuck up Bailey. It's like fucking up mashed potatoes. Or Star Wars. There are some pretty reputable people saying that the Alexa Bliss/Bailey This Is Your Life segment may have been the single worst segment ever produced in the history of wrestling.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Yep. It was all sorts of horrible. Maybe not Katie Vick levels of horrible, but still pretty bad.

In general, WWE's got a lot of talent going on, but story-wise it often doesn't deliver on many moments.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Ya know, so far the first two weeks of this Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe feud is going well. Joe's looking good, but at the same time I can't help but feel that things are just gonna wind up the same as usual, with Brock just suplex city'ing him.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

It sucks how much momentum Bailey has lost since debuting on the main roster, and it's a shame because I really enjoyed watching her in NXT. Like yeah, she walked in and out of Wrestlemania with the title, but honestly, did anyone really care about Bailey's entire title run? They've ruined Bailey, especially after she lost in a couple minutes in a terrible "kendo stick on a pole" match.

Also, the Joe and Lesnar segment was amazing, and it makes me think that Lesnar won't actually squash him. Joe has proven to be a legit threat to Lesnar, and I absolutely love it when people are able to hold their own against him.
stuff goes here
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

For the first time I believe EVER, Dave Meltzer gave a match SIX AND ONE QUARTER STARS OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE. Kenny Omega literally cannot be stopped.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

I just heard the hilarious news. Apparently they're turning Bayley heel? They really CAN fuck up anything.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Zeldamaster12 wrote: 6 years ago Also, the Joe and Lesnar segment was amazing, and it makes me think that Lesnar won't actually squash him. Joe has proven to be a legit threat to Lesnar, and I absolutely love it when people are able to hold their own against him.
Oohh!! Joe vs Lesnar would be an interesting match. I hope it lasts longer than any of Goldberg's matches.
Truhan wrote: I just heard the hilarious news. Apparently they're turning Bayley heel? They really CAN fuck up anything.
Wait, what?! Bailey as a heel? How can they execute that storyline without any of us complaining about it?

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Oh, how historic. First ever women's MITB match.

James Ellsworth wins it.

Yeah, I got nothing.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

Truhan wrote: 6 years ago I just heard the hilarious news. Apparently they're turning Bayley heel? They really CAN fuck up anything.
She'll be completely ruined. I'll be genuinely surprised if something good comes out of this, but seeing how badly Bayley has been booked on the main roster thusfar, she's most likely going to fall even further.
stuff goes here
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Some surprising news, somewhat. Mauro Ranallo is still gonna be in WWE programming for a bit. He'll be on NXT instead of Smackdown.

Hopefully the less hectic schedule of NXT will work out for him better, plus the fact that he's as far away from JBL. Rumors regarding Mauro and JBL are still rumors... though considering JBL's past history I'd say that there's some truth in it.

Also, it's a slight shame that Corey Graves isn't doing commentary on Smackdown. The way he just goes KINSHASA when Nakamura hits his move just feels right. Like, recent match, I think it was Byron Saxton on commentary, mentioning the kinshasa as Nakamura was getting ready to hit the move. It just doesn't feel as hyped as calling it just as the move is being done.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

aka Cthulhu wrote: 6 years ago Some surprising news, somewhat. Mauro Ranallo is still gonna be in WWE programming for a bit. He'll be on NXT instead of Smackdown.

Hopefully the less hectic schedule of NXT will work out for him better, plus the fact that he's as far away from JBL. Rumors regarding Mauro and JBL are still rumors... though considering JBL's past history I'd say that there's some truth in it.

Also, it's a slight shame that Corey Graves isn't doing commentary on Smackdown. The way he just goes KINSHASA when Nakamura hits his move just feels right. Like, recent match, I think it was Byron Saxton on commentary, mentioning the kinshasa as Nakamura was getting ready to hit the move. It just doesn't feel as hyped as calling it just as the move is being done.
Rumor is New Japan was trying to make a play for Mauro, so WWE panicked. Wouldn't be a good look for them to have run off the man who's gonna be the voice of the upcoming May-Mac fight and have him plugging his work for a rival promotion on possibly the biggest boxing PPV ever.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

So, Great Balls (of Fire) is in a few days. Any guesses on the outcomes? In general, seems like peeps are rooting for Joe and Braun in their matches.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Youtube has finally unbanned ads for pro wrestling.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Been a zany couple of weeks in wrestling.

Khali returns to go against anyone who'll hinder Jinder.

Austin Aries' sudden leaving of the WWE.

The entire Paige and Alberto brouhaha.

Apparently Anthem tried offering an insane deal with Matt and Jeff Hardy where they get 50 freaking percent of their earnings, more or less.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

This sounds like newz:

There was a story 7/17 when GFW had meetings in Nashville and WWE had Raw in the city and some GFW people and WWE people ended up at the same bar later that night. Karen Jarrett came up to Strowman. The belief is that Strowman had no idea who she was, even though it’s not like there are that many woman wrestling fans who look like her. Karen said to him that he was one of her son’s favorite wrestlers and asked for an autograph for her son. I’m not sure what got into Strowman but he was rude, and may have sworn at her (the version I heard had it but that’s from someone far enough away that they didn’t hear the verbiage of what started it but was told he did, but everyone there saw what happened next). It turned into a scene at the bar because Karen immediately cut a major loud promo on him for blowing her off. While she was going off on him, she said how she was going to tell her son’s father about this incident, and her son’s father is Kurt Angle. Strowman did an about face, said he’d sign the autograph and begged her not to tell Kurt or anyone and said he was so sorry. She said she was telling Kurt. He said he’d get on his knees and beg her not to tell Kurt. She said she was still telling him. He did get on his knees in front of a lot of wrestlers from WWE and begged her not to, and she basically said something like now you’re acting like that because you found out that Kurt Angle is the father of her son, but even if he wasn’t, he should have never acted like that to a mother who asked for an autograph for her son, even if it was just another wrestling fan. He did say that’s true and he was sorry. Of course this story will be denied all week by everyone involved.

Braun Strowman going on his knees to beg for forgiveness? The image of it is so oddly hilarious. Definitely feels like newz.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

aka Cthulhu wrote: 6 years ago Apparently Anthem tried offering an insane deal with Matt and Jeff Hardy where they get 50 freaking percent of their earnings, more or less.
Oh, it's even worse than that. Rumor is that the new GFW contracts gives 100% of merch profits to GFW as well as a large take of any outside bookings. They're trying to squeeze money out of their own talent now, I wonder how many of them will be stupid enough to stay on.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Truhan wrote: 6 years ago
aka Cthulhu wrote: 6 years ago Apparently Anthem tried offering an insane deal with Matt and Jeff Hardy where they get 50 freaking percent of their earnings, more or less.
Oh, it's even worse than that. Rumor is that the new GFW contracts gives 100% of merch profits to GFW as well as a large take of any outside bookings. They're trying to squeeze money out of their own talent now, I wonder how many of them will be stupid enough to stay on.
Even with a rebranding, TNA continues to TNA, and somehow stay alive. Like, I remember that HP Lovecraft quote "with strange aeons even death will die"... and I'm beginning to feel that it doesn't apply to TNA.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Well, JBL is finally gone. Considering Mauro just called the MayMac fight and was widely considered the best announcer on the show (because he's the best announcer period), it might mean he could end up back on WWE TV. It's still pretty fucked that JBL is the one that left (or so it seems, anyways) and it took this fucking long (over five months) after he ran Mauro off for him to fuck off.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Been a crazy year for wrestling so far.

Jericho and Omega for Wrestle Kingdom. Del Rio apparently coked up as he does a promo on TNA. So much bananas a monkey will be hesitant to deal with it all.

And that's just the most recent. Lots have been happening lately, both good and bad.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

So apparently, TNA is looking for people to be in attendance of their shows - and they're paying money for it.

Amazing. You'd think TNA has hit their lowest, and they end up surprising us by sinking into more hilarious depths.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

How are they still around? I just don't get it at this point.
aka Cthulhu

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago How are they still around? I just don't get it at this point.
They're some kind of strange undead creature that keeps getting up every time it gets knocked down. The tenacity would be admirable if the company wasn't so pathetic.

It's rather crazy that some die hard fans still consider them still the number 2 promotion in America - and it's not ever clear if they're an American promotion, as they moved to Canada for tapings!

Not to mention that move led to several wrestlers leaving. And they let go of their four referees before their big show.

Apparently, the hiring extras to be audience didn't work out... and they ended up with like less than a 100 people for their taping.

And they offered fans to help set up the ring, which is kinda an idiot move since you'd want the wrestlers to be safe in the ring. There's a pic uploaded by someone that shows one of the ring posts to be slightly slanted, even.